PDA

View Full Version : The Hammer is Coming Down on Kavanaugh Accusers

dannno
11-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Grassley refers criminal charges against Kavanaugh accuser

'Jane Doe' confessed to staffers after they found story didn't add up

A left-wing activist who sent an anonymous letter to Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., accusing Brett Kavanaugh of raping her now admits she engaged in a “ploy” against the then-Supreme Court nominee.

In a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions referring criminal charges (https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-11-02%20CEG%20to%20DOJ%20FBI%20(Munro-Leighton%20Referral)%20with%20redacted%20enclosure s.pdf), Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley said Judy Munro-Leighton confessed to committee staff that she “fabricated allegations.”

Kavanaugh was questioned by the committee after an anonymous letter signed ‘Jane Doe’ alleged he and a friend raped an Oceanside, California, woman in a car.

Grassley said said that when “individuals intentionally mislead the Committee, they divert Committee resources during time-sensitive investigations and materially impede our work. Such acts are not only unfair; they are potentially illegal.”

“It is illegal to make materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements to Congressional investigators. It is illegal to obstruct Committee investigations,” Grassley said.

The chairman already has referred lawyer Michael Avenatti and his client Julie Swetnick to the Justice Department for making false statements and obstructing of a congressional investigation.

Avenatti also was referred for promoting to the committee another woman who accused Kavanaugh accuser of gang rape.

Grassely said that on Oct. 3, committee staff received an email from a Munro-Leighton with a subject line claiming: “I am Jane Doe from Oceanside CA — Kavanaugh raped me.”

Munro-Leighton wrote that she was “sharing with you the story of the night that Brett Kavanaugh and his friend sexually assaulted and raped me in his car” and referred to “the letter that I sent to Sen. Kamala Harris on Sept. 19 with details of this vicious assault.”

She continued: “I know that [‘]Jane Doe[’] will get no media attention, but I am deathly afraid of revealing any information about myself or my family.”

She then included a typed version of the Jane Doe letter.

Grassley said committee investigators began investigating the allegations and through open sources determined that she is a left-wing activist; is decades older than Kavanaugh; and lives in neither the Washington, D.C. area nor California, but in Kentucky.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/11/grassley-refers-criminal-charges-against-kavanaugh-accuser/#IlfXrp8u2alHs8bF.99

acptulsa
11-02-2018, 09:09 PM
I accuse Kavanaugh. I accuse him of being an enemy of the Fourth Amendment. I accuse him of helping Hillary Clinton cover up Vince Foster's murder.

And I accuse Munro-Leighton of helping keep these things--things that should have turned Republicans against Kavanaugh--out of the conversation.

dannno
11-02-2018, 09:39 PM
I accuse Kavanaugh. I accuse him of being an enemy of the Fourth Amendment. I accuse him of helping Hillary Clinton cover up Vince Foster's murder.

And I accuse Munro-Leighton of helping keep these things--things that should have turned Republicans against Kavanaugh--out of the conversation.

Um, ya, but what you fail to understand is that if Kavanaugh did always have a lot of respect for the 4th amendment and still had been nominated, he would have had double the amount of false accusers and they would have been much more horrendous.

osan
11-02-2018, 10:08 PM

Isn't this all a bit beside the point?

Danke
11-03-2018, 04:16 AM

We are all Zippy now.

acptulsa
11-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Um, ya, but what you fail to understand is that if Kavanaugh did always have a lot of respect for the 4th amendment and still had been nominated, he would have had double the amount of false accusers and they would have been much more horrendous.

You want to know what's beside the point? Whether an astroturf mob of Democrats hate somebody is beside the point. An Astroturf mob of Democrats is certainly capable of hating on a man who sucks, and won't be good at his job.

Is it more frightening that a mob of allegedly angry alleged Democrats can be produced for the cameras so easily, or that Republicans actually allow the same to influence their decisions on weighty matters--like whether to install a Constitution-hating Clinton hatchet man on the SCOTUS.

If the only basis we ever use to decide if an appointee is worthy of his prospective job is whether a partisan mob shows up with professionally printed signs to scream at him, we might as well just flush this nation now and skip any more of this painful decline.

enhanced_deficit
11-03-2018, 10:23 AM
As it should , if false claims were being made.

Would have been also great of GOP conservatives had brought the hammer down on those who had made false claims about Iraqi WMDs also that killed/derailed many more careers, just bit surprised on selective pursuit of justice against makers of false claims. Or maybe lying about sex claims vs WMD claims not same thing.

Ender
11-03-2018, 10:34 AM
As it should , if false claims were being made.

Would have been also great of GOP conservatives had brought the hammer down on those who had made false claims about Iraqi WMDs also that killed/derailed many more careers, just bit surprised on selective pursuit of justice against makers of false claims. Or maybe lying about sex claims vs WMD claims not same thing.

EXACTLY!

phill4paul
11-03-2018, 01:28 PM
'I was angry and I sent it': Another Kavanaugh accuser referred to FBI after recanting

Several days later Grassley says Munro-Leighton wrote an email that included her name. He said Senate investigators were able to track her down and found she lived in Kentucky, not California, and was a Democrat.

Investigators got in touch with her over the phone and Munro-Leighton admitted she wrote the email after seeing the letter in news reports. She said she claimed to be Jane Doe so the letter would gain attention.

"I was angry and I sent it out," the woman told investigators, according to Grassley's letter.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/nation-world/i-was-angry-and-i-sent-it-another-kavanaugh-accuser-referred-to-fbi-after-recanting/507-610944301?fbclid=IwAR3V60lwe29VsUPlfk432EupbBNQ76i Tl3n4em44x0LQ3ZDQvxfWcZUwcuE

DamianTV
11-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Related...

2nd Kavanaugh Accuser Admits She Lied; Referred For Criminal Prosecution; Kamala's Office Involved
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-03/kavanaugh-rape-accuser-admits-she-lied-referred-criminal-prosecution-kamalas-office

A Kentucky woman who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of rape has been referred to the Department of Justice after she admitted that she lied.

The woman, Judy Munro-Leighton, took credit for contacting the office of Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) as "Jane Doe" from Oceanside, California. Jane Doe claimed - without naming a time or place - that Kavanaugh and a friend raped her "several times each" in the backseat of a car. Harris referred the letter to the committee for investigation.

"They forced me to go into the backseat and took 2 turns raping me several times each. They dropped me off 3 two blocks from my home," wrote Munro-Leighton, claiming that the pair told her "No one will believe if you tell. Be a good girl."

Kavanaugh was questioned on September 26 about the allegation, to which he unequivocally stated: "[T]he whole thing is ridiculous. Nothing ever -- anything like that, nothing... [T]he whole thing is just a crock, farce, wrong, didn't happen, not anything close."

Full article at link.

RJB
11-03-2018, 04:03 PM
To the people who said he should have had better control of his emotions during the Senate hearing, screw that! I would have been even more pissed off.

osan
11-03-2018, 04:11 PM
You want to know what's beside the point? Whether an astroturf mob of Democrats hate somebody is beside the point. An Astroturf mob of Democrats is certainly capable of hating on a man who sucks, and won't be good at his job.

Is it more frightening that a mob of allegedly angry alleged Democrats can be produced for the cameras so easily, or that Republicans actually allow the same to influence their decisions on weighty matters--like whether to install a Constitution-hating Clinton hatchet man on the SCOTUS.

If the only basis we ever use to decide if an appointee is worthy of his prospective job is whether a partisan mob shows up with professionally printed signs to scream at him, we might as well just flush this nation now and skip any more of this painful decline.

It's still beside the point of this thread, which is that the false accusers are starting to see some heat. Your feelings about Kavanaugh, valid or otherwise, have little to do with the fact that those who have accused him may pay for their lies.

Zippyjuan
11-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Trump will be suing his accusers as soon as he becomes president. https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/302329-trump-threatens-to-sue-women-accusing-him

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Trump will be suing his accusers as soon as he becomes president. https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/302329-trump-threatens-to-sue-women-accusing-him

Another irrelevant distraction?

Why am I not surprised?

acptulsa
11-03-2018, 08:10 PM
It's still beside the point of this thread, which is that the false accusers are starting to see some heat. Your feelings about Kavanaugh, valid or otherwise, have little to do with the fact that those who have accused him may pay for their lies.

Yeah, sure. Hang the pawns--the patsies, the useful idiots--and give the chess masters--the people who gamed you into supporting possibly the third-worst tool on the court--a raise.

They may be assholes, but at least they're good at being assholes. Right?

osan
11-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Yeah, sure. Hang the pawns--the patsies, the useful idiots--and give the chess masters--the people who gamed you into supporting possibly the third-worst tool on the court--a raise.

They may be assholes, but at least they're good at being assholes. Right?

If you're so deeply vested in your hatred of Kavanaugh, why not start a thread on the matter and tell us what you really think?

Just for the record, I think Amy Barrett would have been a far better choice, in case you are thinking that I fantasize about sucking Kavanaugh's little clam digger during my waking hours. You seem to labor under the misapprehension that just because someone is not frothing at the mouth with a blind hatred that syncs with your own, they must have a great squirting gayrod of love for the object of your ire.

You might want to talk with someone about this.

1/2 :)

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 11:05 PM
If you're so deeply vested in your hatred of Kavanaugh, why not start a thread on the matter and tell us what you really think?

Just for the record, I think Amy Barrett would have been a far better choice, in case you are thinking that I fantasize about sucking Kavanaugh's little clam digger during my waking hours.
Just ignore Tulsa, he is here to cause trouble, waste your time and drive away anyone he can't get banned.

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 07:02 AM

Just for the record, I think Amy Barrett would have been a far better choice, in case you are thinking that I fantasize about sucking Kavanaugh's little clam digger during my waking hours. You seem to labor under the misapprehension that just because someone is not frothing at the mouth with a blind hatred that syncs with your own, they must have a great squirting gayrod of love for the object of your ire.

You might want to talk with someone about this.

1/2 :)

Just ignore Tulsa, he is here to cause trouble, waste your time and drive away anyone he can't get banned.

So, you two made two different straw men to hang my name on and viciously attack. Wouldn't it be easier and at least slightly more credible for you two to work together and create a single straw man to hang my name on?

Or are you both too proud of your own creativity to attack someone else's straw man?

osan, the ways the media manipulates us has been a subject of discussion on this forum since the beginning. When did you become so partisan that discussion of media manipulation offends you? As for you, Swordshyll, nobody sees more than one person in this thread trying to drive anybody off. You do love to accuse everyone and his dog of doing what you do yourself.

No, osan, I can't claim to hate Kavanaugh any more than I hate any other Constitution-hating Clinton hatchet man. But I do think it's funny in a very sad way that so many partisan Republicans wound up fighting for that creature. You may not consider that worthy of comment, or may have gone partisan enough to want to stifle such comment, but that's just too bad. You seem to think that the way Trump won the last election means you don't have to debate people in good faith any more, you can just try to shout them down like Swordshyll here. How's that working out for you?

osan
11-04-2018, 07:22 AM
So, you two made two different straw men† to hang my name on and viciously attack††.

OK, this is the last I have to say on this.

† You need a dictionary because you apparently do not know the definition of "straw man". I'd admonish you to point mine out, but since this is my last participatory jaunt in this already absurd exchange, there is really no point. I also find it interesting to note how you are employing what appears to be the Alinsky method of accusing an "opponent" of that which you yourself are doing, save that your action is actually a non sequitur and not a straw man, but in the grander scheme of this now ridiculous set of transactions that bit serves as a rather minor detail.

†† Are you even serious? You read like one of these sensitive millennials whose most deeply held pride revolves around the black hole of their ignorance. Firstly, for anyone to characterize any verbal exchange as an "attack" shows just how little they know about such matters, or how deeply disingenuous their words. Or perhaps both.

Let me be plain, that you may be clear: were I to decide to actually attack you, which I never would, I would find out where you lived and go hunting and you'd never know what hit you. That you think yourself so important as to believe that I would devote time and other resources in an endeavor to bring you some sort of harm, shows me just how deluded you must be. Trust me, honey-child, you don't even make it to the list of my least concerns. So you can take this self-centered paranoia somewhere else because that dog don't fly.

Wouldn't it be easier and at least slightly more credible for you two to work together and create a single straw man to hang my name on?

As for credibility, I'd say you are well behooved to get you to your bathroom and have a good look in the mirror.

When someone posts nonsense, they should expect to be called on it. I was polite, but direct, and here you are all freaking out behind your keyboard, hurling nonsensical accusations.

I will repeat my previous admonition, only this time without the smiley: go talk to someone about all this because you seem rather sad, and that is no way to go through life.

Why don't you do yourself a big favor and have a better day?

But as always, your choice.

:toady:

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 07:53 AM
OK, this is the last I have to say on this.

Even if I tell you I'm not particularly impressed by tough-talking blowhards?

A Son of Liberty
11-04-2018, 07:59 AM

Yeah, it probably is... but can't we forgive tulsa for interjecting yet another Kavanaugh circle jerk session around here?

Four years ago, none of this tripe would have been tolerated. Even the most resolute minarchists who populated this site, like Travlyr, wouldn't have gone in for the support of Kavanaugh that's basically been de rigeur here from his nomination. Even those of us who opposed him but also opposed the obvious lynch mob sent to derail him were largely brow-beaten for "letting the perfect be the enemy of the good". Ridiculous. I'm all for Kavanaugh over Bader-Ginsberg, sure. But shouldn't we strive for even better?

At RONPAULforums, we should.

TheCount
11-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Accuser

phill4paul
11-04-2018, 08:46 AM
#ibelievetheyneed2Bbehindbars.

osan
11-04-2018, 09:06 AM
Yeah, it probably is... but can't we forgive tulsa for interjecting yet another Kavanaugh circle jerk session around here?

Four years ago, none of this tripe would have been tolerated. Even the most resolute minarchists who populated this site, like Travlyr, wouldn't have gone in for the support of Kavanaugh that's basically been de rigeur here from his nomination. Even those of us who opposed him but also opposed the obvious lynch mob sent to derail him were largely brow-beaten for "letting the perfect be the enemy of the good". Ridiculous. I'm all for Kavanaugh over Bader-Ginsberg, sure. But shouldn't we strive for even better?

As I posted previously, Amy Barrett would have been my choice.

As for tolerance, sure, but stupid should be called out, even if gently.

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 09:19 AM
There are a raft of people around here who purport to despise the MSM and try to paint anyone who disagrees with them as brainwashed by the MSM. But try to bring into a discussion an angle that goes outside the MSM Approved Partisan Talking Points, and you find those same people relentlessly shouting you down.

Stupidity is assuming that repeating, defending, and limiting discussions to, The MSM Narrative is what this site is about, and/or will do anything but strangle it.

oyarde
11-04-2018, 09:53 AM
We are all Zippy now.

All I am getting today is token expired

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 05:32 PM

Please post one example of someone supporting Kavanaugh's nomination.

Schifference
11-04-2018, 06:13 PM
My recollection in regards to the Kavanaugh episode was disgust over the last minute 30 year old accusations over teenage sexual misconduct. The support was not for Kavanaugh as SCOTUS but disgust over the process.

euphemia
11-04-2018, 06:50 PM
But Tulsa, nobody has sworn, under oath, that you have committed rape. That’s really the point, whether you like the nominee or not.

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 06:55 PM
But Tulsa, nobody has sworn, under oath, that you have committed rape. That’s really the point, whether you like the nominee or not.

Whether the nominee to The Court buried testimony in the Vince Foster case and looks upon the Bill of Rights as toilet paper is beside the point in his confirmation hearings?!?

Seriously? In what partisan universe?

euphemia
11-04-2018, 07:05 PM
But that's not what those women accused, in sworn testimony to the committee.

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 07:14 PM
But that's not what those women accused, in sworn testimony to the committee.

That wasn't my question. My question was, is his judicial, LE and legislative record really beside the point?

euphemia
11-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Rush Limbaugh referred to this as "the politics of personal destruction." That was 1995 or so during the Travelgate scandal when the Clintons not only fired Billy Dale, head of the White House Travel Office, but accused him of embezzlement. This office serves at the pleasure of the President and Clinton could have let them all go at any time, but it wasn't enough. They had to ruin the man's reputation. That's just ridiculous.

Of course, the Democrats, who brought the phony rape charges forward are no lovers of the Constitution, and the women who broke the law will never see the first charge.

euphemia
11-04-2018, 07:17 PM
That wasn't my question. My question was, is his judicial, LE and legislative record really beside the point?

It's not the point of this thread. People lied under oath to accuse Kavanaugh of a crime. There is no evidence he committed the crime. If your reading comprehension doesn't give you that by now, then it's not worth discussing credentials. He has been sworn in and will be on the court until he dies.

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 07:22 PM
Whether the nominee to The Court buried testimony in the Vince Foster case and looks upon the Bill of Rights as toilet paper is beside the point in his confirmation hearings?!?

Seriously? In what partisan universe?
That was brought up in the appropriate threads, this thread is about other things.

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 07:31 PM
You two want to emphasize that certain presumed Democrats got up to dirty tricks. And presumably, both of you want to celebrate that they didn't work. But the fact is, these dirty tricks did distract way too many people from the fact that The Swamp put a tool on the court. And these false allegations did that trick. That is germane to this conversation. It is the end result of this event. And it needs to be said.

And you're both beyond presumptuous to say what does or does not address the topic. Neither of you started this thread.

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 07:37 PM
You two want to emphasize that certain presumed Democrats got up to dirty tricks. And presumably, both of you want to celebrate that they didn't work. But the fact is, these dirty tricks did distract way too many people from the fact that The Swamp put a tool on the court. And these false allegations did that trick. That is germane to this conversation. It is the end result of this event. And it needs to be said.
It is germane to the threads about Kvavnaugh's nomination and many people discussed it in them, it is now old news.

And you're both beyond presumptuous to say what does or does not address the topic. Neither of you started this thread.
Read the title of the thread, you are presumptuous to try to change the topic of the thread, if you want to rehash the problems with Kavanaugh bump an old thread or start your own.

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Read the title of the thread, you are presumptuous to try to change the topic of the thread, if you want to rehash the problems with Kavanaugh bump and old thread or start your own.

Are you not listening, or are you just being obstinate? This circus, whether manufactured by the actors, the partisans or the Swamp puppet masters, served a purpose. That is what I'm addressing.

And as much as you want to define and control every conversation on this board, this is still not your thread. Therefore, it is not your place to decide if the net effect of these false allegations is beyond the scope of this topic. Which is fortunate, given how narrow you are being.

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Are you not listening, or are you just being obstinate? This circus, whether manufactured by the actors, the partisans or the Swamp puppet masters, served a purpose. That is what I'm addressing.

And as much as you want to define and control every conversation on this board, this is still not your thread. Therefore, it is not your place to decide if the net effect of these false allegations is beyond the scope of this topic. Which is fortunate, given how narrow you are being.
Kavanaugh was confirmed, it's over.
This thread is about the aftermath.
If you want to rehash the problems with Kavanaugh bump an old thread or start your own.

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Kavanaugh was confirmed, it's over.
This thread is about the aftermath.
If you want to rehash the problems with Kavanaugh bump an old thread or start your own.

This thread is about those false allegations, and I'm talking about what those allegations accomplished.

No doubt you'd rather I brought those up in a thread you started, and over which you have more control. So you keep repeating over and over your personal opinions about what this thread's about and how germane my observations are.

Well, you know, opinions are like hemorrhoids. Every asshole gets one sooner or later.

As long as we're telling each other what to do, stop derailing this thread.

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 07:57 PM
This thread is about those false allegations, and I'm talking about what those allegations accomplished.

No doubt you'd rather I brought those up in a thread you started, and over which you have more control. So you keep repeating over and over your personal opinions about what this thread's about and how germane my observations are.

Well, you know, opinions are like hemorrhoids. Every $#@! gets one sooner or later.

As long as we're telling each other what to do, stop derailing this thread.
:rolleyes:

Schifference
11-05-2018, 02:54 AM
Exactly this thread is not about the hammer coming down on Kavanaugh's accusers. It is about how Kavanaugh is no friend of liberty. Can't you see that? If you can't then you are blind or dumb!

acptulsa
11-05-2018, 06:58 AM
Exactly this thread is not about the hammer coming down on Kavanaugh's accusers. It is about how Kavanaugh is no friend of liberty. Can't you see that? If you can't then you are blind or dumb!

Do you have to be dumb to ignore the fact that his accusers did a service for 'The Swamp'? Or just a tool?

Schifference
11-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Do you have to be dumb to ignore the fact that his accusers did a service for 'The Swamp'? Or just a tool?

I am just a dumb tool!

Schifference
11-05-2018, 07:01 AM
I can however tell if a train is on the tracks.

specsaregood
11-05-2018, 07:08 AM
If these liars are punished or at least face a trial, it will be a huge win for justice.

Schifference
11-05-2018, 07:18 AM
If these liars are punished or at least face a trial, it will be a huge win for justice.

You are totally missing the point that Kavanaugh is a terrible Libertarian choice for SCOTUS.

specsaregood
11-05-2018, 07:22 AM
You are totally missing the point that Kavanaugh is a terrible Libertarian choice for SCOTUS.
Every day I am ever more thankful that I ain't no Libertarian. Although, once upon a time, I did run around with no clothes on, smoking pot; I still have scars from that day.

Todd
11-05-2018, 07:24 AM
The Hammer is coming down folks.....

Hey...is Hillary in jail yet?

Schifference
11-05-2018, 07:26 AM
The Hammer is coming down folks.....

Hey...is Hillary in jail yet?

Soon.

Did you hear Trump ordered the release of the Russian documents?

euphemia
11-05-2018, 07:30 AM
You are totally missing the point that Kavanaugh is a terrible Libertarian choice for SCOTUS. Nobody misses that point. That discussion was had weeks ago. We are now discussing the accusations made during the confirmation hearings that have now shown to be utter lies under oath.

devil21
11-05-2018, 09:17 AM

"Dr. Ford" is clearing over a million cash and has pending book deals, all to cry on tv for a few minutes and help get a life-long groomed swamper appointed to the SCOTUS, with the blessing of the "MAGA" crowd that should have been repulsed by practically everything he represented.

It's not uncommon for the puppet masters behind the scenes to harvest a couple of sacrificial lambs after they've served their purpose. And that's if one assumes they're actually being sacrificed instead of just a story about their sacrifice.

Acptulsa, remember that most people are easily manipulated by their emotions. I know the frustrations of trying to enlighten those types but do remember the old saying that it's easier to trick people than it is to convince them they've been tricked.

CCTelander
11-05-2018, 09:20 AM
"Dr. Ford" is clearing over a million cash and has pending book deals, all to cry on tv for a few minutes and help get a life-long groomed swamper appointed to the SCOTUS, with the blessing of the "MAGA" crowd that should have been repulsed by practically everything he represented.

It's not uncommon for the puppet masters behind the scenes to harvest a couple of sacrificial lambs after they've served their purpose. And that's if one assumes they're actually being sacrificed instead of just a story about their sacrifice.

Acptulsa, remember that most people are easily manipulated by their emotions. I know the frustrations of trying to enlighten those types but do remember the old saying that it's easier to trick people than it is to convince them they've been tricked.

This kind of simple wisdom deserves a +rep. Unfortunately, I'm out.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to devil21 again."

devil21
11-05-2018, 09:49 AM
This kind of simple wisdom deserves a +rep. Unfortunately, I'm out.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to devil21 again."

Thanks. I'm going to call her "Dr. Fjord" from now on, since that was the role she played to get Kavanaugh onto SCOTUS.

https://cdn.thinglink.me/api/image/917520095398330370/1240/10/scaletowidth