PDA

View Full Version : Feeding The Deep State: Trump's Big Intel Boost An Attack On Liberty

Brian4Liberty
10-31-2018, 05:21 PM
Feeding The Deep State: Trump's Big Intel Boost An Attack On Liberty (https://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2018/october/31/feeding-the-deep-state-trumps-big-intel-boost-an-attack-on-liberty/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tPuiKkE55s

The 2018 US intelligence community budget saw its biggest increase in ten years and is now higher than it has ever been. President Trump's backers often claim that he's in Washington to fight the deep state, but it doesn't get more "deep state" than the US intelligence community. How to explain this massive increase? Do they think we are safer and more free with an even larger spy network watching us and meddling in the rest of the world's affairs?

acptulsa
10-31-2018, 05:35 PM
Ya because he has to spy on liberals to find out how they're planning to violate our privacy next and stop them. But he won't spy on us. Pinky swear!

/ dannno

Ender
10-31-2018, 06:29 PM
I'd +rep both of you, Brian4Liberty and acptulsa, if I could.

CCTelander
10-31-2018, 06:41 PM
Is this still more "moving the ball in the right direction"?

Ender
11-01-2018, 08:44 AM

It's the...."but, but, Hillary woulda been worse!" :hearnoevil:

CCTelander
11-01-2018, 09:06 AM
It's the...."but, but, Hillary woulda been worse!" :hearnoevil:

Of course you're right. What WAS I thinking?

CCTelander
11-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Ya because he has to spy on liberals to find out how they're planning to violate our privacy next and stop them. But he won't spy on us. Pinky swear!

/ dannno

He's so benevolent that way. Heil Trump!

Origanalist
11-01-2018, 09:50 AM
I'm seeing a UGE lack of participation in this thread. Well, it's only that old fuddy duddy Ron Paul. Trump is the new hotness.

CaptUSA
11-01-2018, 10:29 AM
I'm seeing a UGE lack of participation in this thread. Well, it's only that old fuddy duddy Ron Paul. Trump is the new hotness.

Cognitive dissonance begets crickets. Talk about phony tax cuts, judges or immigration, they're all over it. Talk about these kinds of things??

http://350.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Wellington-heads-in-sand-close-up1.jpg

CCTelander
11-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Cognitive dissonance begets crickets. Talk about phony tax cuts, judges or immigration, they're all over it. Talk about these kinds of things??

http://350.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Wellington-heads-in-sand-close-up1.jpg

Don't forget protectionist tariffs. Trump supporters love them some central economic planning when it comes in the form of protectionist tariffs. Only "defensively," of course.

Legitimate criticism they like to ignore.

Jamesiv1
11-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Don't forget protectionist tariffs. Trump supporters love them some central economic planning when it comes in the form of protectionist tariffs. Only "defensively," of course.

Legitimate criticism they like to ignore.You sir, are no lover of liberty.

Swordsmyth
11-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Ron is right and nobody ever claimed Trump was perfect, what more is there to say?

Occam's Banana
11-01-2018, 10:19 PM

Of course it is. You just don't understand how to play Quantum Dark Energy Wormhole Chess.

Ron is right and nobody ever claimed Trump was perfect, what more is there to say?

The problem is that there is a lot more to say - and those things would certainly be said at length and in fits of high dudgeon (and quite properly so) if President Hillary was doing them.

But since it is President Hillary Donald, we get only shrugs and mild "Trump isn't perfect" demurrers.

When it comes to paving the road to hell, "good intentions" and "the lesser evil" are just two different tar spreaders used by the Highway Department work crew ...

Swordsmyth
11-01-2018, 10:24 PM
The problem is that there is a lot more to say - and those things would certainly be said at length and in fits of high dudgeon (and quite properly so) if President Hillary was doing them.

But since it is President Hillary Donald, we get only shrugs and mild "Trump isn't perfect" demurrers.

When it comes to paving the road to hell, "good intentions" and "the lesser evil" are just two different tar spreaders used by the Highway Department work crew ...
If Trump wasn't doing so many other good things your point of view might have merit.
Trump isn't the lesser of two evils, he is the least of all possible goods.

Ender
11-01-2018, 11:25 PM
If Trump wasn't doing so many other good things your point of view might have merit.

Good things..... like breaking the Iran deal, increasing the debt, more money to the MIC, more bombing, ignoring Palestine horrors & worshipping Israel, meddling in the ME & S America, setting constant surveillance in place for all citizens..... yeah.

Swordsmyth
11-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Good things..... like breaking the Iran deal, increasing the debt, more money to the MIC, more bombing, ignoring Palestine horrors & worshipping Israel, meddling in the ME & S America, setting constant surveillance in place for all citizens..... yeah.
Nope, not those things.

Occam's Banana
11-02-2018, 12:08 AM

QED.

You're just using the other tar spreader I mentioned to excuse what you would never have excused if HRC had been responsible for it.

Swordsmyth
11-02-2018, 12:15 AM
QED.

You're just using the other tar spreader I mentioned to excuse what you would never have excused if HRC had been responsible for it.

No, I am debating where he falls on the spectrum between perfect and anti-perfect.

HRC would have been far closer to anti-perfect.