PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Fact about Trevor

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
I have been following teh FSP since I heard about it over a year ago, and even I did not know this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_state_project
"Trevor Lyman, creator of the "This November 5th" and "Tea Party '07" Ron Paul money bombs, among others, was the 500th mover."

This is excellent, I hope he gets to promoting this no matter what happens with Dr. Paul. He's got the star power and the fund-raising abilities now!

LibertyEagle
12-13-2007, 02:22 AM
I have been following teh FSP since I heard about it over a year ago, and even I did not know this...

"Trevor Lyman, creator of the "This November 5th" and "Tea Party '07" Ron Paul money bombs, among others, was the 500th mover."

Creator, eh? I thought he built the web site. Period.

It is a huge mistake to credit ONE person with the grassroots success. Not only is it a lie, does everyone understand that by doing so, they are giving our competition (and others) a direct target? If they can take that one person out, by discrediting them, or whatever, it will discredit the entire grassroots?

Please think about it.

vegetarianrpfan
12-13-2007, 02:24 AM
How could he be only the 500th mover? Really, only 500 have moved for FSP?

----------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

militant
12-13-2007, 03:11 AM

Libertarian Girl

i'm signed up, i'm just not moving for a while, i have a lot of BS to clear up in life and ... well, i'll get there!

Brian
12-13-2007, 03:48 AM

This is excellent, I hope he gets to promoting this no matter what happens with Dr. Paul. He's got the star power and the fund-raising abilities now!

Nick, thanks for being an RP supporter, but boy are your eyes crossed out there. One, Trevor, as stated above, did not create the Nov 5 event (wikipedia has a way of ommitting facts sometimes). Two, Trevor's "stardom" all stems from our love for Ron, and nothing else. Lastly, and again, his "fund-raising abilities" are merely the consequence of our (yes, you and me) individual promotion of Ron Paul for the presidency.

You should ask him if he has any interest in hero worship, otherwise focus your attention on a true shooter marble like Ayn Rand or Murray Rothbard.

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Trevor is a true patriot and champion of liberty like we all are. He should be commended with creating the three fundraising websites we've had so far. From what I saw on the PBS NOW preview, Trevor doesn't even take credit for the fundraisers themselves. He said it was all of us and he's absolutely right. We're all Ron Paul supporters, we're all patriots, we're all champions of liberty. Each and every one of us. The only one who should be getting a great deal of credit for what he's doing is Ron Paul because without him, there are no Trevors, there are no Tea Parties, and there is no hope for the future. If anybody has the star power and fund-raising abilities now, it's Ron Paul.

Richandler
12-13-2007, 04:16 AM

Libertarian Girl

He was the 500th out of the 8084[1] that have moved.

1. http://www.freestateproject.org/

1town
12-13-2007, 04:23 AM
He was the 500th out of the 8084[1] that have moved.

1. http://www.freestateproject.org/

No he is the 500 of 505

Visual
12-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Trevor is a true patriot and champion of liberty like we all are. He should be commended with creating the three fundraising websites we've had so far. From what I saw on the PBS NOW preview, Trevor doesn't even take credit for the fundraisers themselves. He said it was all of us and he's absolutely right. We're all Ron Paul supporters, we're all patriots, we're all champions of liberty. Each and every one of us. The only one who should be getting a great deal of credit for what he's doing is Ron Paul because without him, there are no Trevors, there are no Tea Parties, and there is no hope for the future. If anybody has the star power and fund-raising abilities now, it's Ron Paul.

Trevor is the magnifying glass. He didn't make the sun, but he concentrates the energy.

And I have yet to see an interview of Trevor taking credit for the Idea, or for the success.

hopeforamerica
12-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Trevor is the magnifying glass. He didn't make the sun, but he concentrates the energy.

And I have yet to see an interview of Trevor taking credit for the Idea, or for the success.

That is true! Also, he took the bull by the horns and made the Nov. 5th website while people on here argued about the concept. If no one like Trevor would have stepped up and done that, we wouldn't be where we are today. Trevor gets a big thumbs up for taking the initiative. We get a big thumbs up for promoting and following through.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2007, 09:21 AM
That is true! Also, he took the bull by the horns and made the Nov. 5th website while people on here argued about the concept. If no one like Trevor would have stepped up and done that, we wouldn't be where we are today. Trevor gets a big thumbs up for taking the initiative. We get a big thumbs up for promoting and following through.

Are you forgetting that several other people were building websites for November 5th? Trevor was just the first one to get his done.

Trevor's website was very good, but let's please not rewrite history.

Elwar
12-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Fortunately for us he is humble and makes sure he tells the media that has donned him as "the creator of Nov. 5" that he was merely a part of the bigger movement.

I'm glad he's the one getting the media attention as opposed to some folks that have been put in the spotlight for various Ron Paul related news items.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
People seriously need to stop focusing the success of the grassroots on one or two people. Can you not see that when you do that, you endanger our entire movement? All it takes is a little dirt on those one or two people and the entire grassroots would come into question. We are far more powerful if we remain decentralized and faceless.

mtmedlin
12-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Are you forgetting that several other people were building websites for November 5th? Trevor was just the first one to get his done.

Trevor's website was very good, but let's please not rewrite history.

If it isnt factual or needs revision, why not make a few changes, it is wiki after all.

Original_Intent
12-13-2007, 09:32 AM
I will say the focus on Trevor, it is very relieving to me to see he is not a glory hound at all.

The fact of the matter is, there was a need and Trevor was the first to step forward and "get'r done". This was back when there was quite a bit of turmoil on these boards of whether Nov 5th was a good idea, how it should be done etc.

Now, I will be the first to admit that the success of Nov 5th was due to all of us, but I will also say that there is something to be said when ideas are getting tossed around and argued, there is some credit due to the person that takes the step from discussion to action. In other words, I think Trevor deserves his moment in the spotlight, certainly, and if his actions lead to awesome career opportunities etc, etc then I for one am HAPPY for him and I think we all should be.

Now I understand there are a LOT of people out there that have also done a ton for the RP liberty movement, and I can understand how some might feel that it is "not fair" that someone who maybe has done less than them as far as boots on the ground seems to be getting all the glory. You're right - it's not fair. But it is not like Trevor has been out looking for this - the media saw someone who stood out at an opportune moment and made Trevor a bit of a celebrity. I don't think it reflects well on us if we speak poorly of him just because the media has pumped him up a bit.

Tea minus 3 days people - let's make it happen!

micahnelson
12-13-2007, 09:37 AM
People seriously need to stop focusing the success of the grassroots on one or two people. Can you not see that when you do that, you endanger our entire movement? All it takes is a little dirt on those one or two people and the entire grassroots would come into question. We are far more powerful if we remain decentralized and faceless.

Wise words

LibertyEagle
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Original Intent,

What I said about focusing on one or two people, is not personal at all. It is about not putting a target on the grassroots that could easily be shot down. If that happens, it could have a very detrimental impact on everything we have and are planning to do. I will say again, it is better for us to be decentralized and faceless.

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-13-2007, 09:44 AM
he's awesome... but if i was him i wouldn't want people digging into my past or my personal life... focus on the message, not the messengers

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-13-2007, 09:45 AM
No he is the 500 of 505

About half of the people who move here with the Free State Project don't confirm their move... I didn't.

Plus, the FSP pledge is to move when we have 20,000 committed to move. So, everyone who has moved are 'early movers', which should be commended!!!

vegetarianrpfan
12-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I actually thought that November 5 was Trevor's idea, it's interesting that it wasn't.

---------------------------
Libertarian Girl

Elwar
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
I actually thought that November 5 was Trevor's idea, it's interesting that it wasn't.

---------------------------
Libertarian Girl

The media is short on research, big on repetitiveness.

reduen
12-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Free State Project, hmmm ... Interresting...;)

AlexMerced
12-13-2007, 10:21 AM
I will say the focus on Trevor, it is very relieving to me to see he is not a glory hound at all.

The fact of the matter is, there was a need and Trevor was the first to step forward and "get'r done". This was back when there was quite a bit of turmoil on these boards of whether Nov 5th was a good idea, how it should be done etc.

Now, I will be the first to admit that the success of Nov 5th was due to all of us, but I will also say that there is something to be said when ideas are getting tossed around and argued, there is some credit due to the person that takes the step from discussion to action. In other words, I think Trevor deserves his moment in the spotlight, certainly, and if his actions lead to awesome career opportunities etc, etc then I for one am HAPPY for him and I think we all should be.

Now I understand there are a LOT of people out there that have also done a ton for the RP liberty movement, and I can understand how some might feel that it is "not fair" that someone who maybe has done less than them as far as boots on the ground seems to be getting all the glory. You're right - it's not fair. But it is not like Trevor has been out looking for this - the media saw someone who stood out at an opportune moment and made Trevor a bit of a celebrity. I don't think it reflects well on us if we speak poorly of him just because the media has pumped him up a bit.

Tea minus 3 days people - let's make it happen!

I agree with this, plus the attention to trevor only brings attention to RP, all media attention is good

Pete Kay
12-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I have seen interviews with Trevor and he does come off as a very humble person, but I have also seen him promote himself as the creator of the 5th and that's just a lie. He made the website, but the 5th was not his idea. It discredits the entire grassroots movement when the media constantly tries to portray Trevor as some fundraising mastermind and I think it is a big slap in the face to everyone that worked so hard to make the 5th happen.

Now I see articles saying that the Dec 16th is Trevor's next big fundraising day. This is just a load of crap. The Dec 16th was thought of well before the 5th and discussed constantly on these boards. I'm not trying to attack Trevor, because I appreciate the work he has done, but this is a group effort, not a one man show. If we allow the media to portray this as Trevor's day, then that undermines the movement. The MSM doesn't want to admit that there is a humongus grassroots Revolution brewing, so they try to act as if this is the work of one man. They can't ignore us any longer.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree with this, plus the attention to trevor only brings attention to RP, all media attention is good

Now, THAT is where you are most certainly WRONG.