PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Dems get buried on Nov 6

Jamesiv1
10-29-2018, 11:47 AM
I am soooo hoping the Dems get buried in their own manure on November 6 (midterms).

A landslide for the Repubs would give Trump some momentum and maybe get a few of them to shut their pie-hole.

I never voted Repub until Ron Paul, and still disagree strongly with a lot of things they do, but the Dems are excruciatingly abhorrent at the moment.

timosman
10-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Let's face it. Nobody likes left wing nuts.:cool:

Todd
10-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Don't think that's going to happen.

Anti Federalist
10-29-2018, 12:05 PM

No, neither do I.

They'll take the house, the Senate will probably remain status quo, and everything will lock up tighter than a crab's ass underwater.

Which is not a bad thing.

Jamesiv1
10-29-2018, 12:06 PM
We'll see. I early voted and the library where I vote has been packed with people.

Me thinks it's going to be a big turnout for a midterm election. I hope it's a bunch of reasonable folk that vote AGAINST the left wing nutjobs.

specsaregood
10-29-2018, 12:10 PM
No, neither do I.
They'll take the house, the Senate will probably remain status quo, and everything will lock up tighter than a crab's ass underwater.

Which isn't a bad thing partly because a lot of the good stuff his people have done has been eliminating crap in the executive branch.

kahless
10-29-2018, 12:17 PM
They won even if they lose. They keep moving the goal posts further and further to the left. The spineless cuck Republicans will likely try to move in that direction to appease them.

It will all depend on how hard Trump will beat them them bloody as well as the weasels in his own party.

AuH20
10-29-2018, 12:19 PM
They won even if they lose. They keep moving the goal posts further and further to the left. The spineless cuck Republicans will likely try to move in that direction to appease them.

It will all depend on how hard Trump will beat them them bloody as well as the weasels in his own party.

Yes, it's about breaking their backs, both from a funding and resolve standpoint. We're close, but we're going to need help. But the despair is there.

dannno
10-29-2018, 12:39 PM
http://i.magaimg.net/img/2jpf.png

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2426/1739/products/Red-Wave-Print_2000x.jpg?v=1539634556

juleswin
10-29-2018, 12:57 PM
Medicaid expansion is on the ballot in NE and a lot of people are planning to come out to vote for it. I think we might lose a few republican congressmen in NE

Swordsmyth
10-29-2018, 02:46 PM
No, neither do I.

The Rs will retain the House even if they lose some seats and they will make gains in the Senate.

FSP-Rebel
10-29-2018, 03:49 PM
The Rs will retain the House even if they lose some seats and they will make gains in the Senate.
This.

Anti Globalist
10-29-2018, 04:12 PM
I've been all over the place when it comes to these midterm elections. I went from thinking there was going to be a blue wave to thinking the republicans would barely win to now thinking theres going to be a red wave.

eleganz
10-29-2018, 05:22 PM
No matter how bad the republicans are, don't give the communists an inch.

A lot of people here don't understand how bad it could actually be under a radicalized left democratic party. Right now we have it good where we're only complaining about increased spending, if the left wins, they will go after all of us as if we were Alex Jones. The TDS left will show zero mercy and you should show them even less.

enhanced_deficit
10-29-2018, 05:59 PM
Hopefully GOP-Liberty or 3rdparty-liberty wing emerges in a surprise upset.
Dems-neocons or GOP-Jarvanka Democrats in the end would have quite similar policies despite different flavors of lip service/deceptive marketing to fool the masses.

oyarde
10-29-2018, 06:20 PM
I am soooo hoping the Dems get buried in their own manure on November 6 (midterms).

A landslide for the Repubs would give Trump some momentum and maybe get a few of them to shut their pie-hole.

I never voted Repub until Ron Paul, and still disagree strongly with a lot of things they do, but the Dems are excruciatingly abhorrent at the moment.

Yes the dems are abhorrent and they will continue to get worse.

Cleaner44
10-29-2018, 07:49 PM
No, neither do I.

I don't see any reason to believe the Dems will take the House. The case for it seems to be based to two main factors, the generic ballot and historical precedent.

Personally I think the generic ballot idea is the dumbest thing I have ever heard as people will be voting for specific candidates is specific elections. We already saw in 2016 how these experts at polling were way off the mark and it seems to me that they are pushing the same flawed theories. One of the things being ignored is how someone like myself used to respond to polls, but I no longer do. Democrats will gladly tell a pollster how they plan to vote. A Republican that doesn't want to be called a Nazi might just keep their opinions to themselves.

The case for historical precedent reminds me of this... Past Performance Is No Guarantee Of Future Results.

In normal times a lying politician is elected on a platform of bullshit. Then once they take office they promptly ignore the promises they made to their voters. Obama suffered from this very thing very publicly when he promised to be the opposite of Bush and then kept right on doing the same things, collecting a peace prize while starting new wars.

Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss (Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama)

There is an important difference this time around. The voters elected a non-politician and he is doing what he said he would do. He actually moved the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, which is important to some people. He actually improved the unemployment and GDP numbers. He actually delivered a tax cut to the bulk of the voters. What he didn't do was open concentration camps for gays and trannys like the Democrats said he would.

Usually voters have buyers remorse after 2 years as they realize they were sold a bill of goods... yet again. I know a woman that hates Trump and vows never to vote for him, yet she is disgusted by the Democrats and just voted straight Republican to punish them. People don't trust the left and for good reason.

I don't know what will happen, but I am not seeing the Democrats sell anything to the voters except hatred of Trump. Their brand is seriously flawed right now and they haven't yet begun to be honest with themselves as to why they keep losing. The left is in the minority in every position of power. Voters have not given them the power of the majority in a long time and Dems have done nothing to earn it. When voters did give the House to the Dems in 2006 it was to stop Bush and his wars, which they failed to even attempt to do and were quickly reduced back to the minority after 4 short years.

I am not buying the polling that says voters want to give back their tax cuts and erase our borders. I feel confident in my bet at predictit.org that the GOP will hold the house.

Swordsmyth
10-29-2018, 07:53 PM
I don't see any reason to believe the Dems will take the House. The case for it seems to be based to two main factors, the generic ballot and historical precedent.

Personally I think the generic ballot idea is the dumbest thing I have ever heard as people will be voting for specific candidates is specific elections. We already saw in 2016 how these experts at polling were way off the mark and it seems to me that they are pushing the same flawed theories. One of the things being ignored is how someone like myself used to respond to polls, but I no longer do. Democrats will gladly tell a pollster how they plan to vote. A Republican that doesn't want to be called a Nazi might just keep their opinions to themselves.

The case for historical precedent reminds me of this... Past Performance Is No Guarantee Of Future Results.

In normal times a lying politician is elected on a platform of bull$#@!. Then once they take office they promptly ignore the promises they made to their voters. Obama suffered from this very thing very publicly when he promised to be the opposite of Bush and then kept right on doing the same things, collecting a peace prize while starting new wars.

Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss (Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama)

There is an important difference this time around. The voters elected a non-politician and he is doing what he said he would do. He actually moved the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, which is important to some people. He actually improved the unemployment and GDP numbers. He actually delivered a tax cut to the bulk of the voters. What he didn't do was open concentration camps for gays and trannys like the Democrats said he would.

Usually voters have buyers remorse after 2 years as they realize they were sold a bill of goods... yet again. I know a woman that hates Trump and vows never to vote for him, yet she is disgusted by the Democrats and just voted straight Republican to punish them. People don't trust the left and for good reason.

I don't know what will happen, but I am not seeing the Democrats sell anything to the voters except hatred of Trump. Their brand is seriously flawed right now and they haven't yet begun to be honest with themselves as to why they keep losing. The left is in the minority in every position of power. Voters have not given them the power of the majority in a long time and Dems have done nothing to earn it. When voters did give the House to the Dems in 2006 it was to stop Bush and his wars, which they failed to even attempt to do and were quickly reduced back to the minority after 4 short years.

I am not buying the polling that says voters want to give back their tax cuts and erase our borders. I feel confident in my bet at predictit.org that the GOP will hold the house.
The polls are oversampling Dems and Independents and history says that Dem presidents lose many more house seats than Republican presidents in their first midterm so the historical average is not applicable even before you account for Trump being different.

Anti Globalist
10-29-2018, 08:18 PM
I don't see the Dems winning the House for the simple fact that I can't see physically see Pelosi being the Speaker of the House under Trumps presidency.

aGameOfThrones
10-29-2018, 08:33 PM
"Next Tuesday all of you will go to the polls, will stand there in the polling place and make a decision. I think when you make that decision, it might be well if you would ask yourself, are you better off than you were four years ago?"

:)