PDA

View Full Version : National Treasure 2 Preview ad

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Ok So this guy I know is the senior media consultant for Billboard connection. It is a major media company which can get us just about any type of advertising. Vinyl billboards, Digital billboards, Bus stop shelters, Buses, Trains and.....

Time before movies at the theatre!!!!

National Treasure 2 comes out December 21st 5 days after the most successful money raising day ever.

And being as though National Treasure has alot to do with the founding fathers and the beginning of America, and the types of people going to watch the movie(not to mention the amount of people) are probably more inclined to hear what Ron Paul has to say. Biggest advantage to this type of Advertising

THEY CAN'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!!!!
They are forced to listen.

Heck why stop with just that movie.

What do you guys think???

Any suggestions would be great

EDIT

AND DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD INVOLVE THE CAMPAIGN IN OR MAKE IT A GRASSROOTS EFFORT???

Since it will be after the 16th they will have plenty of cash for this

TheIndependent
12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Hmm, it sounds like your connection could come in amazingly handy...

literatim
12-13-2007, 01:30 AM
I really like the idea of advertising before movies.

My suggestion would be get a quote on the costs and then get in contact with a Political Action Committee and start from there.

http://www.operationnh.com

info@opnh.org

Troyhand
12-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Is this the big super-duper shhh-don't-tell-anybody secret strategy?
hmmm. Let me think about it. hmmm.
Oh yeah. I'm liking this I think.
Longer then 30 seconds. attentive audience. good demagraphic....
If it's a kick-ass blow-em-away ad....

.......HELLYEAH!!!!

THIS COULD WORK!!!! me likee

edit: if this really is the secret, someone please tell me it's not so we don't give it away. thx

TheIndependent
12-13-2007, 01:31 AM
For what it's worth, pre-movie advertising isn't all that expensive, either. Compared to television (which can be turned or ignored during commercials), pre-movie ads tends to get more attention.

seapilot
12-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Was at the movies and thought this might be a good idea too. A good Ron Paul youtube like Land of the Free would be cool to get before movies, since it plays like a movie trailer.

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Ok we need someone with the video skills to come up with something.

Do you guys think the official campaign should be involved in this??

Especially since they will have as Ma$e says "money out the anus"

hillertexas
12-13-2007, 01:38 AM
I think this is one of the best ideas yet. My husband and I watched National Treasure last night. Anyone who is coming back for the sequel is REACHABLE.

What a great untapped demographic!!

TAP THAT!!!!!

literatim
12-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Ok we need someone with the video skills to come up with something.

Official campaign cannot be involved in anything we personally do, it is against FEC regulations.

I believe we have the video skills within our grassroots community.

hillertexas
12-13-2007, 01:41 AM

I don't think they should be involved. We tend to produce videos that are more dramatic...something needed on a big screen.

Plus, if it's considerably cheaper than other advertising, we should have no problem raising the money.

Maybe one "trailer" should be made and then the last frames can be info specific to that locations primary information.

Energy
12-13-2007, 01:41 AM
I voted YES!!!!!!!!!!!

This kind of networking and masterminding IS making us unstoppable.

ReallyNow
12-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Good idea? No!

Great idea? YES!!!!

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Ok I will get on this immediately today at work. I will get the info needed on the monetary end and any legalities involved.

If anyone has any ideas for videos, preferably making a new one since it will beafter the 16th so we can make most of it and then put in 16th snipits please feel free to express your idas here.

We have a PAC in Montgomery County its a multicandidate PAC so people can donate more money.

Anybody who can help out would be greatly appreciated.

literatim
12-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Ok I will get on this immediately today at work. I will get the info needed on the monetary end and any legalities involved.

If anyone has any ideas for videos, preferably making a new one since it will beafter the 16th so we can make most of it and then put in 16th snipits please feel free to express your idas here.

We have a PAC in Montgomery County its a multicandidate PAC so people can donate more money.

A multi candidate PAC means some of our money goes to a different candidate. I would feel more comfortable if you hooked up with Operation NH.

Benaiah
12-13-2007, 01:50 AM

We need to know how long the ad can be.... 30 seconds? 1 minute? 4.5 minutes (land of the free)??

literatim
12-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Ad suggestion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94D-jEZo70A

SJohnsson
12-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Not to put a damper on this great idea.... but its one thing to make a tiny youtube video, and its quite another to make a huge high def digital recording. Where would be get clips to compile?

RonPaulVolunteer
12-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Sounds good to me!!

RonPaulVolunteer
12-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Not to put a damper on this great idea.... but its one thing to make a tiny youtube video, and its quite another to make a huge high def digital recording. Where would be get clips to compile?

eLIB3RTY has what we need.

Benaiah
12-13-2007, 02:00 AM
eLIB3RTY has what we need.

I'm sure that he would make it. It would be cool if the ad said "paid for by bla bla bla, created by Eliberty from YouTube." or something. Then some curious people might look him up and see his other pimp videos.

Highstreet
12-13-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm sure that he would make it. It would be cool if the ad said "paid for by bla bla bla, created by Eliberty from YouTube." or something. Then some curious people might look him up and see his other pimp videos.

Maybe a compilation work from him and Avaroth.

Benaiah
12-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Honestly, sometime I just think that a 10 second ad with the following words would work::

CARE ABOUT AMERICA??? GOT 8 MINUTES AND 44 SECONDS? THEN VISIT RONPAULISHOPE.COM.

literatim
12-13-2007, 02:03 AM
I think AdrianGrey's ad is better suited than any of the kind of movies eLIB3RTY has made. We are targeting people watching National Treasure 2, not making a documentary.

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 02:05 AM
A multi candidate PAC means some of our money goes to a different candidate. I would feel more comfortable if you hooked up with Operation NH.

Currently we are not endorsing another candidate and per FEC regulation we can donate as minimum as $1 the reason we chose the Multi candidate is because there is a larger limit to the contribution and eventually we want to start endorsing candidates for congress that are in line with Dr Paul's stances.

But rest assure that you can be confident that your $$$ is going towards Dr. Pauls victory

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 02:07 AM
I think AdrianGrey's ad is better suited than any of the kind of movies eLIB3RTY has made. We are targeting people watching National Treasure 2, not making a documentary.

I THINK THAT IS PERFECT FOR NATIONAL TREASURE 2 the script is just like it with the way it lights up

This among others can definitely be put to use

literatim
12-13-2007, 02:09 AM
He is really good at making these. Here is his Tea Party one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmMF2bM0M6Y

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Ok This Must Be Done If Not Nationwide At Least In Some Earlier Primary States

Energy
12-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Adrian's is good. Plus, it's already in high-def.

His was entered in a contest, along with 84 others (all 30 seconds, all with
high-def versions, no copyright violations).. click under "Reviewed Ron Paul Ads":

http://www.youtube.com/RonPaulAdCompetition

If 30 seconds is all we need, most of the work has been done :)
If 60 seconds or more makes sense, videos can be combined and mix :)

literatim
12-13-2007, 02:18 AM
It may need formatted for widescreen.

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 02:23 AM
awesome!!! Ok I must goto bed

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 02:30 AM
bump

any other suggestions?

jrich4rpaul
12-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Ad suggestion.

+100000

WOW

acmegeek
12-13-2007, 02:52 AM

+100001

This totally rocks!

I heartily second the WOW!

drednot
12-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Announcer:

"A world in chaos...
an empire on the brink of destruction...

One man stands alone...
with a voice of freedom...
One man, who would become the leader of millions..."

<cut to an elderly gentleman in tennis shoes and a business suit>
"Mmmm, these are good chocolate chip cookies!"

Announcer:
"This winter, you won't want to miss..."

FREEDOM!
Ron Paul!

SOVEREIGNTY!
Ron Paul!

BLIMPS!
Ron Paul!

Coming soon to a primary near you.

This preview has been rated L for Liberty.

alieas007
12-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Time before movies at the theatre!!!!

National Treasure 2 comes out December 21st 5 days after the most successful money raising day ever.

In a word.... AWESOME

hawks4ronpaul
12-13-2007, 03:42 AM
The movie preview is an excellent idea.

The ad should start with a topical hook and only introduce Ron later (to avoid an instant tune-out).

Play the Ron Paul Season's Greetings ad before children/family movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPCWGtIupE

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Think12345
12-13-2007, 03:45 AM

:D:D

The movie idea is really great.

TwinTurboMike
12-13-2007, 04:00 AM
There are a heck of a lot of second run theaters across the US as well. Some are part of big chains. I bet rates are cheaper in those as well.

Also, I've noticed pre-previews are often still image ads, often from local businesses.

Anyone want to start compiling a list of chains to contact and ask about 30 and 60 second spot rates?

defcreative
12-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Announcer:

"A world in chaos...
an empire on the brink of destruction...

One man stands alone...
with a voice of freedom...
One man, who would become the leader of millions..."

<cut to an elderly gentleman in tennis shoes and a business suit>
"Mmmm, these are good chocolate chip cookies!"

Announcer:
"This winter, you won't want to miss..."

FREEDOM!
Ron Paul!

SOVEREIGNTY!
Ron Paul!

BLIMPS!
Ron Paul!

This preview has been rated L for Liberty.

Haha, that would be a good hook (saving the two ending lines for last) if there was a minute for the ad.

familydog
12-13-2007, 04:51 AM
Great idea. Although the movie chains that I'm aware of don't allow political advertising before movies. So that's something to keep in mind.

jblackpost
12-13-2007, 09:53 AM
AND DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD INVOLVE THE CAMPAIGN IN OR MAKE IT A GRASSROOTS EFFORT???

Since it will be after the 16th they will have plenty of cash for this

I'd love to make the ad. I recently made some nice HD ads for Ron Paul. IN fact, one of them was featured on MSNBC all morning on tuesday, because the news team thought it was an official campaign ad. Here's another I recently did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOfhqVQEa8

Anyway, I've been making high quality ads out of my own pocket, but could make an INCREDIBLE ad with just a little money that would be GREAT in theaters.

Anyone who wants to discuss it: jblackpost@gmail (dot) com.

- jeremiah black

FreeTraveler
12-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I'd love to make the ad. I recently made some nice HD ads for Ron Paul. IN fact, one of them was featured on MSNBC all morning on tuesday, because the news team thought it was an official campaign ad. Here's another I recently did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOfhqVQEa8

Anyway, I've been making high quality ads out of my own pocket, but could make an INCREDIBLE ad with just a little money that would be GREAT in theaters.

Anyone who wants to discuss it: jblackpost@gmail (dot) com.

- jeremiah black

You do AWESOME work! The ads of yours that I've seen I think are the best ones I've seen for TV, and you've certainly got the tools and the ability to get the job done.

I think for the movie theatre set, something very visual and over-the-top is needed. Adrian's video is one great example of a movie-trailer type video that would hook people staring at the big screen. The special effects really hook the viewer immediately.

I also have to say that drednot's script in this thread may be the best suggestion I've seen in a while. It has a powerful opening, and the shock value of the good doctor with a cookie should be good for some comic relief. If you followed that with a few quick clips of some of his most appealing one-liners before the announcer cuts back in with the "This Winter..." line, you've got an amazing video.

It would need some fleshing out, and some powerful graphics at the start like Adrian's to really hook people in the first few seconds. This thing could play great in the theaters, as well as being a great viral video.

Let's keep this thread hot!

Elwar
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
We looked into pre-movie ads before and from what we gathered they don't allow political ads.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12737&highlight=movie+theater

I'd be happy if this were not the case though.

SaratogaForRonPaul
12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
DealonWheelz,

Find out ASAP from the media consultant if they allow political ads. Maybe certain chains or states do not allow it. I would love to see this in NY and be a part of it.

Steve

Fyretrohl
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Okay...Couple of comments...And, not meant to be 'bad', cause this idea seems great.

1 - National Treasure - It is about Conspiracies. It just happens to be about conspiracies that turn out to be TRUE. Whoda thunk?

2 - The trailer script. That sounds really good. Get the guy who does 'ALL' the trailers AND, the 'Ron Paul!!'s need to be crowd chants. IMHO...

Pauliana
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
I think it should be done through Liberty Political Advertising and the ad should be this or something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc&feature=related

It should feel like a movie trailer

FreeTraveler
12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I think it should be done through Liberty Political Advertising and the ad should be this or something like this:

Yeah, and as much as I love that ad, it's a TV ad, and isn't going to translate that well to the big screen. People go to a big-screen theatre to get a totally different impact than the one you get setting in front of a TV.

atthegates
12-13-2007, 10:45 AM
we have the most creative people in this campaign

FrankRep
12-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I loved the National Treasure movie and I can't wait to see the next one.

AdrianGrey
12-13-2007, 11:37 AM
I cut trailers for a living, I've done a few on youtube, username: Adriangrey.

I've already cut one that's hi-resolution, pure info & best of all, short and sweet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ogIIXrTE

All images and music/Sfx are free and licenced to me...it's ready to go, TODAY.

Understand that just editing takes days if not weeks. If this is to become a reality, remember that many people haven't seen as many RP adds as we have, it will be new to them.

Additionally, I'm concerned about 'too many cooks in the kitchen' - I've seen many RP ideas spin out of control (like govn't oversight :) Instead of just getting it done by an individual (Private sector)...in the end, it's 40 pages of ideas and no promo.

My only other concern is that A LOT of people get angry at TV adds before movies...people want that trailer experience. There's an audible sigh of frustration that happens when people see an add for LAtimes before the movie starts...but it's worth the risk IMO. I'd caution being short and sweet, get in and out.

I don't read much on the forums, so if your in power to put this in theatres, email me: adriangreymarsden@yahoo.com, or adriangrey.com

Thanks all,
AG

Thrice
12-13-2007, 11:42 AM
This is actually a really great idea. Bruckheimer films attract all sorts of people and it's not as if they can flip the channel.

Ethek
12-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I would chip in for this! I might have a hard time making it to the blimp but I can go take my kids to see a movie.

OV 101 Enterprise
12-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I would also be willing to chip in a bit for this.

MikeStanart
12-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Great Demographic.

Minuteman
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Would this be something that would be attached to the movies trailer nationally or local pre movie advertising through each individual theatre.

ReallyNow
12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I know you can't believe all the "rumors on the internets" but according to this article
http://articles.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2519/is_n5_v13/ai_13975284
you can do political ads in movie theaters.

therealjjj77
12-13-2007, 12:08 PM
let's get moving.

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok I have a cal in to my guy I'm working on the particulars

What we need to do is create a team of individuals to work on this project so If you have any talents that can be used for this project please pm me

hasan
12-13-2007, 12:27 PM
lets do this scheme nationally. we could have a special money bomb for it if a lot of funds are required.

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 12:43 PM
bump

FireofLiberty
12-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Are we talking about pre-movie advertising here? As in, an ad before the movie starts?

Sematary
12-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I thought political advertising wasn't permitted by the movie companies?

conner_condor
12-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I think we should promote this movie also. Show our forces at the movies.Everyone wear RP clothing and go when it comes out. Take slimjims with you all also.

hasan
12-13-2007, 01:00 PM
if someone made V for Vendetta 2 this scheme would really take off. How about

creating a trailer that goes along the lines of V for Vendetta?? We could show some

clips of V telling the truth about the government and work Ron Paul into it. Hows that

for an idea??

Ethek
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I think we should promote this movie also. Show our forces at the movies.Everyone wear RP clothing and go when it comes out. Take slimjims with you all also.

At least plant some signage in front of the theaters.

I also think it would be cool to recruit some tallent

Heres a thread about a supporter that does big soundtracks for Video games
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53008

Sound in a theater is just as important as the images, its also one of the bigger problems with putting together non copyrighted work for use outside YouTube.

hambone1982
12-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't think they should be involved. We tend to produce videos that are more dramatic...something needed on a big screen.

Plus, if it's considerably cheaper than other advertising, we should have no problem raising the money.

Maybe one "trailer" should be made and then the last frames can be info specific to that locations primary information.

I agree. We need to get some of the better YouTube videos out there up on the silver screen.

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm working on finding out the logistics of everything so I'm hoping to hear back from my guy today

hawks4ronpaul
12-13-2007, 01:37 PM
if someone made V for Vendetta 2 this scheme would really take off. How about

creating a trailer that goes along the lines of V for Vendetta?? We could show some

clips of V telling the truth about the government and work Ron Paul into it. Hows that

for an idea??

There might be copyright or trademark issues there.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Primbs
12-13-2007, 01:40 PM
If you also combine it with volunteers outside of movie theaters. Young people are a good Ron Paul demographic.

Huckabee is doing well with Christians because he rented the "Passion of the Christ" email list and has been hitting that hard according to Michael Barone.

Libertarian
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
There are already plenty of good ads floating around the net.

This one would be good:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8975308241162992832&q=ron+paul+30+second+ad&total=47&start=0&num=100&so=0&type=search&plindex=10

If we can't get a movie commercial for some reason what about those FIXED pre-movie screens where they advertise for local businesses, etc? Why not put up a big picture of the USA Today ad on a static screen for 30 seconds? It would probably be cheaper, and just as effective!

Ethek
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
There are already plenty of good ads floating around the net.

This one would be good:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8975308241162992832&q=ron+paul+30+second+ad&total=47&start=0&num=100&so=0&type=search&plindex=10

We have to own copyright for everything in the ad.

Brian Bailey
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
This is obviously a great idea. I do remember however that someone brought this up a month or so ago and the cost was found to be extremely prohibitive. We do have more money and momentum now, though, so maybe we can make this work.

FreeTraveler
12-13-2007, 01:56 PM
We have to own copyright for everything in the ad.
The one you're referring to is already in that position. However, I like the #1 ad a bit better than #2. I can't watch #1 without getting a little lump in my throat.

voytechs
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Thats an amazing idea, why didn't I think of it. I'll propose it to my local meetup and may be we can put something together.

cortiz
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
:)

Primbs
12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
There are different movie chains. There are still independent movie theatres that might welcome the ads.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Could anyone throw together a video that opens with the green "following preview is approved for all audiences" and opens with a scene of the white house (digitally throw a blimp in the background for laughs) and start cutting to video of Ron Paul saying "we are in the middle of something big" and highlights from the campaign and grassroots movement and end it with big letters saying "coming in 2008" followed with the typical web address of ronpaul2008.com. O.k. a screen writer I am not but you get the idea. Sounds like it would be easy enough to produce.

hasan
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
how abt an ad in which the geico lizard talks abt ron paul and his issues? or the geico caveman both of them are funny

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 02:13 PM
how abt an ad in which the geico lizard talks abt ron paul and his issues? or the geico caveman both of them are funny

Unfortunately we would be sued for that Great idea though

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
blimp

therealjjj77
12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Ok I have a cal in to my guy I'm working on the particulars

What we need to do is create a team of individuals to work on this project so If you have any talents that can be used for this project please pm me

You might want to check out some stuff that has already been done on Youtube and get in touch with the person who did it. Here are some that I think are great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPOveu2vPSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6CJJPAegFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gKOCb4QBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Fsv7iwZRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE3NHHyjoA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELf6l8Rrsjo

I'm sure there are plenty more good ones.

Jackinbox
12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
I think that if people team up we can produce an amazing ad! Anyone has a nice voice for the voice-over? Maybe Don Lafontaine is a Ron Paul fan :P. We can use classical music recording in the public domain.

reduen
12-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow, wow, wow, get this done!!!

Blimp heck... Grassroots in action baby!!! :cool:

smartguy911
12-13-2007, 03:22 PM

I really like this one. I can imagine the colors and music filling the theater and getting their attention. I say two thumbs up for this one. :D

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 03:29 PM
unfortunately we would have to get permission for the Song

I would love to use that one but just getting the rights to the song could be costly

but if someone wants to check into it feel free

mathamagician
12-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey I'm at work so I can't watch the video but if we're asking for movie preview ideas here's my idea.

I say make it like a movie promo with dramatic music in the background and an annoucer voice in the background saying the following between mini scenes being shown.
Not unlike some of the videos we already have out there. Anyway here is what I have so far, I tend to over think these things and try to make them perfect but I think it's pretty good right now and was hoping to see what you guys think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the waning days of the Republic
when a once great Nation
is decending into Authoritarianism

an unlikely champion arises.
<cut scene>
Armed only with truth and the message of freedom
<cut scene>
he begins an epic struggle for the very soul of the Republic,
<cut scene>
against the most powerful hegemonic ruling class the world has ever seen.
<cut scene>
to prove once more to the world
<cut scene>
that Son and Daughters of Liberty will not go quietly into the night
<cut scene>

----February------
-----2008-------

History will be made
<cut scene>
Dynasties will fall
<cut scene>
The fires of liberty will be lit
<cut scene>
and a nation will be reborn

Join the Revolution

Ron Paul

... our last best hope for America

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Libertarian
12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Are we going to make this happen folks? I think the movie will be a blockbuster. It will be money well spent.

If we can't do a commercial, at least put a static picture of the USA Today full page ad on the screen before the movie (during those 30 second slideshows) That should be fairly cheap.

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Not bad!!

Announcer voice:
In a world on a descending path to Tyranny
[clip]
When the voice of one person was muffled amongst the cries of millions
[clip]
Amidst the shadow of Terror
[clip]
There stood a Tower of Hope
[longer clip]
One Man destined to Restore the Republic
[clip]
One man destined to save the lives of many
[clip]
This Primary Season...
[clip]
Get ready for a Real Change
[clip]
ronpaul2008.com
"paid for by...
[picture of uncle sam] Viewers like YOU!!!!"

therealjjj77
12-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Not bad!!

Announcer voice:
In a world on a descending path to Tyranny
[clip]
When the voice of one person was muffled amongst the cries of millions
[clip]
Amidst the shadow of Terror
[clip]
There stood a Tower of Hope
[longer clip]
One Man destined to Restore the Republic
[clip]
One man destined to save the lives of many
[clip]
This Primary Season...
[clip]
Get ready for a Real Change
[clip]
ronpaul2008.com
"paid for by...
[picture of uncle sam] Viewers like YOU!!!!"

That last line makes it sound like taxpayers money paid for it. =P

Also, we can change the background music for that ad by Frankdogg. I can do it if necessary. I have the equipment and all, come up with something original and catchy.

Energy
12-13-2007, 07:56 PM
bump

Ethek
12-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I cut trailers for a living, I've done a few on youtube, username: Adriangrey.

I've already cut one that's hi-resolution, pure info & best of all, short and sweet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ogIIXrTE

All images and music/Sfx are free and licenced to me...it's ready to go, TODAY.

Understand that just editing takes days if not weeks. If this is to become a reality, remember that many people haven't seen as many RP adds as we have, it will be new to them.

Additionally, I'm concerned about 'too many cooks in the kitchen' - I've seen many RP ideas spin out of control (like govn't oversight :) Instead of just getting it done by an individual (Private sector)...in the end, it's 40 pages of ideas and no promo.

My only other concern is that A LOT of people get angry at TV adds before movies...people want that trailer experience. There's an audible sigh of frustration that happens when people see an add for LAtimes before the movie starts...but it's worth the risk IMO. I'd caution being short and sweet, get in and out.

I don't read much on the forums, so if your in power to put this in theatres, email me: adriangreymarsden@yahoo.com, or adriangrey.com

Thanks all,
AG

Something like this is needed to get a preview into theaters in time for National Treasure.... it plays up the historical document (constitution) with the theme and phrasing. The "bullet points" can be changed easily enough. National Treasure gets people thinking about the rich history of this country and there could be new things out there that are possible.

The plots in a movie like National Treasure are radical... but thats how Dr Paul's ideas are portrayed in the MSM anyway. A preview with a feel like AG's gets automatically associated with all of the movies positive imagery and emotion. It's all laid out for two whole hours to the audience. It becomes an investment by the movie goers and Dr Paul gets directly and indirectly associated with all of it.

I'd contribute to this.

dcatman
12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
This is a great idea. I'm in for some $...

slowmotionjones
12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Where do I send my money?

Get it going!!

slowmotionjones
12-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Page 2 already!?

BUMP!!

lloydian
12-14-2007, 12:17 AM
bump

noztnac
12-14-2007, 12:21 AM
bump

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm in for donating, too! This is a MARVELOUS idea. Let's make it happen!

QuadForce
12-14-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm loving this idea. What Would be awesome is to see AdrianGrey's trailer with a voice over from "the movie voice guy" .. man that would rock :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EQBHUE38

literatim
12-14-2007, 12:46 AM
I think AdrianGrey's ad is perfect.

It is done and it has the style that is needed for a theater ad before National Treasure 2. I think it might need to be made widescreen though.

I think having the website prominent on it would be best also.

therealjjj77
12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Dealzonwheelz,

We need total cost and movement on this idea. There isn't much time so let's get this rolling. =p

Naraku
12-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Can this be done nationwide or is it going to be limited to states?

That's what I'm really wondering about. It would be awesome if I could see that commercial before National Treasure. Freakin' awesome!

DealzOnWheelz
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
2nd call is in to my guy I'm waiting to hear back from him on pricing info.

In the mean time if there is anyone that wants to get started with geting a chipin for this I think we should try to get the domain

www.ronpaulstreasurechest.com

and get donations started and at the bottem of the page it will state if we can't get this up and running the donations will be spread out among the blimp, and other chipins.

Who can get started on this??

I sent an email to trevor lyman but haven't heard back from him