PDA

View Full Version : Megyn Kelly out at NBC due to making comments about blackface Halloween costumes

Anti Federalist
10-25-2018, 10:37 AM
LOL, always fun to watch them eat their own.

Megyn Kelly Skips 'Today' as Questions Mount Over Her Future at NBC

https://www.wral.com/megyn-kelly-skips-today-as-questions-mount-over-her-future-at-nbc/17944870/

Posted 9:40 a.m. today
Updated 10:41 a.m. today

On the Tuesday episode of her show, Megyn Kelly made racially insensitive remarks that caused a backlash. On Wednesday, she apologized at length to her NBC studio audience, which rewarded her with a standing ovation. And on Thursday, she did not go on the air.

In place of the live show that had been scheduled for Wednesday, NBC broadcast a previously recorded episode of “Megyn Kelly Today.” “Happy Friday!” Kelly said in the show’s opening moment.

It was the latest sign that Kelly may never return to the NBC airwaves.

Her decision to skip “Megyn Kelly Today” came two days after she suggested, during an on-air round-table discussion, that it was appropriate for white people to dress in blackface as part of their Halloween costumes.

Kelly apologized in an email to her NBC colleagues hours after making those remarks. On Wednesday, she delivered an on-air apology in the opening minute of her 9 a.m. show — “I’m Megyn Kelly, and I want to begin with two words: I’m sorry.”

But her demonstrations of contrition did little, it seemed, to improve her standing with her colleagues or superiors at the network. At a midday meeting of NBC News staff members on Wednesday, Andrew Lack, the chairman of the news division, did not mention her apologies and said, “There is no other way to put this, but I condemn those remarks.”

Al Roker, a “Today” fixture, said on the show Wednesday that Kelly “owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the country.” The anchor Craig Melvin called her comments “racist and ignorant.”

By the end of the day, Kelly and Creative Artists Agency, the Hollywood talent agency that represented her, had parted ways. In addition, cast members and showrunners from the Netflix drama “House of Cards” had canceled their scheduled appearance on her show.

With no apparent support from her colleagues, her boss or her representatives, Kelly stayed out of the fray on Thursday, leaving her future at the network very much in doubt.

The events of the week were a dramatic shift for Kelly, who left Fox News for NBC in January 2017 in a splashy, high-priced signing. NBC gave her a rich deal through 2020 that was worth a reported $17 million a year and signaled that she would be a centerpiece of the network.

Kelly would host the third hour of NBC’s morning franchise, “Today,” and a Sunday night magazine program that would challenge the CBS stalwart “60 Minutes.” In addition, she would provide a boost to election specials and Olympics coverage. That was the plan, at least.

In the months before she made her sudden jump to NBC, Kelly had broken out of the cable news bubble by challenging Donald Trump during a presidential debate and writing critically of the Fox News chairman Roger E. Ailes in her memoir, who left the network after multiple women made allegations of sexual misconduct against him. In her book, “Settle for More,” Kelly reported that Ailes “made sexual comments to me, offers of professional advancement in exchange for sexual favors.”

So here was a high-rated Fox News personality who was not afraid to challenge Trump and seemed in step with the feminist movement that would later fall under the hashtag #metoo.

At Fox News, Kelly, a lawyer, had distinguished herself over 12 years as a sometimes prosecutorial interviewer who did not shy away from third-rail topics. She was No. 1 in her time slot, sometimes rivaling her colleague, Bill O’Reilly, as the biggest ratings draw in all of cable news.

In moving to a big network, she said that a politics-free morning show was something she was “born to do.” She aspired to become a hybrid of Charlie Rose and Oprah Winfrey, she said.

Kelly started her new venture on May 1, 2017. “First day on the job @NBCNews!” she tweeted, posting a black-and-white photo of herself standing in front of NBC’s peacock at the network’s 30 Rockefeller Plaza headquarters. “On the air in June, but had so much fun meeting new colleagues today. Grateful. Happy.”

Within a month, Kelly’s Sunday magazine show debuted to middling ratings. And before long Kelly became the scourge of parents of the Sandy Hook shootings when she interviewed the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and posted a photograph of the two smiling together.

NBC quietly announced earlier this year that her Sunday show would return “periodically.”

The morning show, which started in September 2017, would be the source of more headaches. Throughout its run, “Megyn Kelly Today” has trailed the rival program “Live with Kelly and Ryan” by a significant margin.

Kelly’s show even attracted a smaller audience than the cheaper hour of “Today” that preceded her arrival. The previous version, a genial, low-key affair hosted by Al Roker, Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones, did not depend on the magnetism of a star performer. In the early episodes of her morning show, Kelly offended several celebrity guests, including Debra Messing, a star of NBC’s “Will & Grace,” who said after an appearance that she would never return to the show. Kelly later got into a dustup with Jane Fonda — by asking her pointedly about her plastic surgery — in what would eventually develop into a monthslong feud.

In an effort to convey a sunnier persona, Kelly danced awkwardly on the air with a “Today” show colleague, Hoda Kotb, to a Pitbull song. The clip of that moment was shared widely on social media (not in a good way).

In October 2017, after the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment stories broke, Kelly’s show became the site of discussions of sexual misconduct in the workplace. The host also did not shy away from reporting aggressively on sexual harassment stories that affected NBC News. Her close examination of Matt Lauer, whom the network ousted last November following sexual misconduct allegations, ruffled feathers within the network.

Early in 2018, there were signs that Kelly and NBC were not on the same page. The network did assign her as part of the team to cover the Olympics coverage in February, saying it did not want to disrupt her momentum.

After an extended period of pedestrian ratings, Kelly and Lack had a discussion earlier this month — well before the “blackface” remarks — on the possible winding-down of her portion of the “Today” show by the end of the year, according to two people briefed on the conversation. And Kelly has openly told friends in recent weeks about her unhappiness with top executives at NBC News.

spudea
10-25-2018, 10:51 AM
So what did she actually say? The article never quoted her comments. Is it that bad it can't be printed?!?

RJ Liberty
10-25-2018, 10:55 AM
I'm not at all surprised. Kelly previously had made comments on air where she told black kids that Santa was white. NBC's audience is Progressives. That shit was never gonna fly on NBC. It was inevitable.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2018, 10:56 AM
So what did she actually say? The article never quoted her comments. Is it that bad it can't be printed?!?

She said that she didn't see what was wrong with wearing blackface as part of Halloween costume, if you were dressing as a black person, i.e. Micheal Jackson.

“But what is racist?” the host asked a panel that curiously did not include any black guests. “You truly do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface at Halloween or a black person who puts on white face.”

“That was OK when I was a kid, as long as you were dressing like a character,” Kelly lamented.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/megyn-kelly-defends-blackface-on-halloween-how-is-it-racist

RJB
10-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Oh for crying out loud. I hope she actually learns her lesson-- not that she apologize profusely, but rather that there is no pleasing them and that she should double down. That's the lesson that the bad orange Cheeto man taught the world.

TheTexan
10-25-2018, 11:12 AM
She said that she didn't see what was wrong with wearing blackface as part of Halloween costume, if you were dressing as a black person, i.e. Micheal Jackson.

What a terrible thing to say. I had no idea she had so much hate in her heart to say something so incredibly racist.

TheTexan
10-25-2018, 11:14 AM
Oh for crying out loud. I hope she actually learns her lesson-- not that she apologize profusely, but rather that there is no pleasing them and that she should double down. That's the lesson that the bad orange Cheeto man taught the world.

It's harder for women.

They lack the fortitude to do things requiring strength of character.

jmdrake
10-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Only once have I see people in blackface for halloween. And.....they were all hispanic.

jmdrake
10-25-2018, 11:16 AM

https://youtu.be/roflidgSPHk

Edit: I forgot that Megan Kelly was the one who flipped out about black Santas.

dean.engelhardt
10-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Just a publicity stunt for a show I have never watched and probably never will. This time next week no one will remember this.

dannno
10-25-2018, 11:31 AM

Actual quote

“You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was okay as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character,” said Kelly

She didn't even say it was ok, she just said it was socially acceptable when she was a kid. She simply stated a fact.

The media has gone off the rocker as usual.

TheTexan
10-25-2018, 11:31 AM
Actual quote

She didn't even say it was ok, she just said it was acceptable when she was a kid.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

What a horrible person.

dannno
10-25-2018, 11:33 AM
Just a publicity stunt for a show I have never watched and probably never will. This time next week no one will remember this.

No, the left lured her over with big promises and ate her alive.

Never trust the left.

kahless
10-25-2018, 11:35 AM
What the hell was she thinking by apologizing. It is obviously to everyone from history that if you apologize these witch hunters gotcha. To these sick twisted race hucksters it means you are admitting you are a racist and have made racist statements when none were made.

It was pretty clear nothing she said was racist. Michael Jackson's Thriller was always pretty big with kids on Halloween since it came out in 83. Some years the most common Halloween outfit. No one in their right mind would think it is racist.

These people are truly disgusting and it is a shame she did not stand her ground and destroy them in court when they fired her for it. But she had to go and apologize.

Never liked her or her politics but thought she had a set of balls to not back down from a false accusation. I guess they beat even her into submission.

RJB
10-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Confession: I was made to dress as an Eskimo in a school play. Good bye career.

jmdrake
10-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Actual quote

She didn't even say it was ok, she just said it was socially acceptable when she was a kid. She simply stated a fact.

The media has gone off the rocker as usual.

She also said brought up the controversy of a white woman recently darkening her face for a Diana Ross costume and added "I don't know how that got racist on Halloween." So in her mind it should still be okay. Which, if that's her position, I don't really care. Note that when she said all of this there was a black woman in the background that didn't seem upset. Then again, Megan Kelly was the one who had the meltdown on Fox for there being *gasp* black Santas.

homahr
10-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Then again, Megan Kelly was the one who had the meltdown on Fox for there being *gasp* black Santas.

Black santas should be illegal as they hurt the sentiments of whites like me.

nikcers
10-25-2018, 12:03 PM
It sounded like she was trying to say that the PC culture has gone too far in that some people would get mad for "racism" if someone dressed up like a halloween character that has nothing to do with race or racism like a ghost.

goldenequity
10-25-2018, 12:13 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6120&d=1537494048

nikcers
10-25-2018, 12:19 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6120&d=1537494048

The big lie that non white people can't be racist is the worst, especially the non white people can't be racist against white people lie. I always hoped Obama's presidency would of reversed the victim mentality that cultivates this but the Trump presidency will only reverse this all, the only hope there is that possibly Trumps bipartisanship will make people think that the political parties and especially racial identity politics is fake.

TheTexan
10-25-2018, 12:25 PM
racist against white people

Racism against white people isn't really a thing, because why would anyone not like white people?

Racism against black people and mexicans however I totally understand, makes much more sense.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2018, 12:28 PM
Racism against white people isn't really a thing, because why would anyone not like white people?

Racism against black people and mexicans however I totally understand, makes much more sense.

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/lol_vladimir_putin.gif

juleswin
10-25-2018, 12:38 PM
So is has it been confirmed that Megyn Kelly is out at NBC or this is just another rumor by the fake news brigade?

Brian4Liberty
10-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Megan Kelly is too in the middle for the extreme left at the networks. If her ratings went bad, then she would be gone quick. Even if her rating were the best, it was just a matter of time. The major networks have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that political obedience trumps rating or money.

Brian4Liberty
10-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Full segment, in context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1Hf2taOPY

dannno
10-25-2018, 12:53 PM
The Real Housewives Diana Ross costume controversy:

https://media.glamour.com/photos/5ac643af88b9e338ebc0eff1/master/pass/luanna-halloween-costume.jpg

I don't think she actually used "blackface". She may have used some slightly darker make-up than usual, but her skin is already kinda darker so I think it was mostly just the wig.

jmdrake
10-25-2018, 12:56 PM

I haven't followed Melissa Rivers career but that was...interesting. So later she comments on Megyn's apology and throws Megyn further under the bus.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/24/melissa-rivers-megyn-kelly-blackface-costume-apology/

But...Melissa's mom said Michelle Obama is a tranny.

https://youtu.be/5E5GMxgVTVU

I wonder if Melissa will throw her mom under the bus? Or maybe her mom's premature death has her worried?

Brian4Liberty
10-25-2018, 12:58 PM
She also said brought up the controversy of a white woman recently darkening her face for a Diana Ross costume and added "I don't know how that got racist on Halloween." So in her mind it should still be okay. Which, if that's her position, I don't really care. Note that when she said all of this there was a black woman in the background that didn't seem upset. Then again, Megan Kelly was the one who had the meltdown on Fox for there being *gasp* black Santas.

“Meltdown”? Her statement that Santa is a white man was a reaction to a left-wing article saying that Santa should not be white.

“Santa Should Not Be a White Man Anymore” (https://slate.com/human-interest/2013/12/santa-claus-an-old-white-man-not-anymore-meet-santa-the-penguin-a-new-christmas-symbol.html)

And this is an apples to oranges comparison. To really test if Kelly is consistent, the question should have been “what do you think of a black person wearing whiteface to play Santa?” If she found that offense, that would be evidence of hypocrisy and a double standard.

The idea of make-up being a bad thing at Halloween (as defined by SJW, victimhood dogma) is ridiculous. Many of the most professional costumes require make-up. If someone wanted to dress up like Diana Ross, and they used darker make-up to acheive a better effect, what’s the issue?

The zombie effect would be hard to achieve:

“What are you supposed to be?”
“I’m a zombie”.
“You like like a bum with dirty, torn clothes.”
“Yeah, I couldn’t do the make-up, it’s not politically correct anymore.”

Anti Federalist
10-25-2018, 12:59 PM
So is has it been confirmed that Megyn Kelly is out at NBC or this is just another rumor by the fake news brigade?

With no apparent support from her colleagues, her boss or her representatives, Kelly stayed out of the fray on Thursday, leaving her future at the network very much in doubt.

Nope, just speculation, but if I was a betting man I'd say she was out.

nikcers
10-25-2018, 12:59 PM
Is it some sort of racism/racial ptsd that makes certain words or themes trigger thoughts of hate that you have to have experienced in order to understand so the whole part of society who has no hate has to walk around eggshells around you?

Brian4Liberty
10-25-2018, 01:01 PM
But...Melissa's mom said Michelle Obama is a tranny.

https://youtu.be/5E5GMxgVTVU

I wonder if Melissa will throw her mom under the bus? Or maybe her mom's premature death has her worried?

Can’t dress as a tranny for Halloween. No make-up allowed. And zombie is out too, considering what Joan looks like at this point.

jmdrake
10-25-2018, 01:02 PM
“Meltdown”? Her statement that Santa is a white man was a reaction to a left-wing article saying that Santa should not be white.

“Santa Should Not Be a White Man Anymore” (https://slate.com/human-interest/2013/12/santa-claus-an-old-white-man-not-anymore-meet-santa-the-penguin-a-new-christmas-symbol.html)

And this is an apples to oranges comparison. To really test if Kelly is consistent, the question should have been “what do you think of a black person wearing whiteface to play Santa?” If she found that offense, that would be evidence of hypocrisy and a double standard.

The idea of make-up being a bad thing at Halloween (as defined by SJW, victimhood dogma) is ridiculous. Many of the most professional costumes require make-up. If someone wanted to dress up like Diana Ross, and they used darker make-up to acheive a better effect, what’s the issue?

The zombie effect would be hard to achieve:

“What are you supposed to be?”
“I’m a zombie”.
“You like like a bum with dirty, torn clothes.”
“Yeah, I couldn’t do the make-up, it’s not politically correct anymore.”

So Megyn Kelly making up rules for who can play Santa is okay but other people making up rules for how people can and can't dress for Halloween is not? Ummmm...okay. Both holidays are overrun with paganism anyway. (Halloween 100% so).

Anti Federalist
10-25-2018, 01:12 PM
So Megyn Kelly making up rules for who can play Santa is okay but other people making up rules for how people can and can't dress for Halloween is not? Ummmm...okay. Both holidays are overrun with paganism anyway. (Halloween 100% so).

WRT: Santa Claus

Unless you're Greek, German or Dutch, it's nothing but rude racist "cultural appropriation" anyway.

jmdrake
10-25-2018, 01:12 PM
Can’t dress as a tranny for Halloween. No make-up allowed. And zombie is out too, considering what Joan looks like at this point.

If you are dressed as a tranny for halloween....how can people know you aren't actually one? :confused:

jmdrake
10-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Unless you're Greek, German or Dutch, it's nothing but rude "cultural appropriation" anyway.

We should do like some countries and ditch Santa for the three kings from the east who brought gifts to baby Jesus. Then again people would spend all of the time wonder what ethnicity the kings from the east were.

TER
10-25-2018, 01:34 PM
I think Megan Kelly is an over rated sellout, but this is just ridiculous. She should have never have apologized. She didn’t say anything wrong. The liberals have lost their minds.

Krugminator2
10-25-2018, 01:37 PM
Her ratings are terrible. They are looking for a reason to ax her.

Same thing happened with Colin Cowherd at ESPN. He was going to FOX. He said education wasn't a huge priority in the Dominican Republic. ESPN smeared him and fired him.

eleganz
10-25-2018, 03:59 PM
America is quickly turning into Sweden/Germany where any criticism of minorities is not allowed.

Can't let the progressives win.

oyarde
10-25-2018, 04:08 PM
I'm not at all surprised. Kelly previously had made comments on air where she told black kids that Santa was white. NBC's audience is Progressives. That shit was never gonna fly on NBC. It was inevitable.

Well everyone knows there are no reindeer in Africa .

Anti Globalist
10-25-2018, 04:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28LKckSSgmE

oyarde
10-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Even if some asshat fires her it will never ruin my Christmas or anyones blackface .

AZJoe
10-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Her ratings are terrible. They are looking for a reason to ax her.

This is it. Her contract was money already spent. Her ratings were terrible. NBC was searching/waiting for any pretext to can her, to open up her program slot for something that can generate some actual ad revenue.

devil21
10-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Her help with getting Trump elected proved to be very lucrative. A cool $70 mil.

The fact that she immediately jumped from Fox News to NBC, with a giant new contract, after the election is more proof that the media mouthpieces are simply actors/script readers for hire and can play any role.

donnay
10-25-2018, 04:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCERfa8LcS4

This was a funny movie and because of Political Correctness, consequently, we have no more funny movies because of it.

I am no fan of Megyn Kelly, by any stretch of the imagination, but they were just looking for anything to get her out of NBC. They realized they paid way too much and her ratings sucked.

kahless
10-25-2018, 05:56 PM

This was a funny movie and because of Political Correctness, consequently, we have no more funny movies because of it.

I am no fan of Megyn Kelly, by any stretch of the imagination, but they were just looking for anything to get her out of NBC. They realized they paid way too much and her ratings sucked.

Apologizing was selfish on her part knowing it was an easy way out in getting 69 million. So she is likely happy getting her 69 million and no longer having to deal with the adversity she received from her co-workers. NBC is happy getting rid of her finally and the left just gained allot more censorship power.

The rest of us lose since another precedent was set by the establishment. All actors that appeared in comedy bits in black face are now fair game to be removed, controlled with their prior history hanging over their heads and their racial comedy content purged from history. Costume parties and Halloween are off limits to any white whose favorite character is black.

In turn this will create more white on black racism by the ignorant whom do not realize the problem is not with black American but rather the powers that be in the entertainment and news media complex.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2018, 06:52 PM
Jimmy Kimmel doing a blackface impersonation of Karl Malone. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527764-Flashback-Liberal-commedian-Jimmy-Kimmel-doing-blackface-of-Karl-Malone)

Anti Federalist
10-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Niki?

Niki Umbuto??

Do you remember me? Lionel Joseph from the African Exchange Conference! I was director of cultural affairs at the Helie Salliese pavilion!

Oh Yes! We had great fun at the pavilion!

Babooyah Babooyah Babooya DeHAH!

RIP Aaron Russo, a great patriot.

parocks
10-25-2018, 08:01 PM

I'm not paying close attention, but I think I read what she said, and it was something about how BEFORE, YEARS AGO, blackface was seen as acceptable.

Cabal Media is Garbage. Nothing wrong with what Kelly said.

parocks
10-25-2018, 08:11 PM

Why is Megan Kelly complaining about Political Correctness on NBC?

NBC is Politically Correct.

Does Megan Kelly not know this?

Megan Kelly should be fired for not knowing who her bosses are.

I'm watching this, and thinking that all the stuff that Kelly is saying is not going to fly.

She's criticizing things that (((they))), the people who run NBC really really like.

You don't just jump in on this, you avoid this entirely.

juleswin
10-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Nope, just speculation, but if I was a betting man I'd say she was out.

Good call cos she was let go later on the day. I have to say that it disgusts me that people are fired for slightly offending some black people, I know people think the firing had more to do with her low rating that "racism" but "racism" was the excuse given and that is what people will remember.

It is news like this that keep my depression going steady for months now. God help us all.

Anti Federalist
10-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Good call cos she was let go later on the day. I have to say that it disgusts me that people are fired for slightly offending some black people, I know people think the firing had more to do with her low rating that "racism" but "racism" was the excuse given and that is what people will remember.

It is news like this that keep my depression going steady for months now. God help us all.

Yah, it was pretty easy to read the handwriting on the wall on that one.

Schifference
10-28-2018, 05:13 AM
Kelly had an uphill battle at NBC. I couldn't help but notice how she had recently toned down her appearance to make her appear more subtle. She got rid of that short aggressive hair style in exchange for the longer straight more subtle look.

She was fired for the wrong reasons and NBC made a big mistake hiring her in the first place.

Who knows how things work. She will probably get paid for her entire contract. I bet she was terrible to work under. She seems like a stuck up abusive person that does not deserve the limelight.

osan
10-28-2018, 07:01 AM
LOL, always fun to watch them eat their own.

Megyn Kelly Skips 'Today' as Questions Mount Over Her Future at NBC

https://www.wral.com/megyn-kelly-skips-today-as-questions-mount-over-her-future-at-nbc/17944870/

Posted 9:40 a.m. today
Updated 10:41 a.m. today

On the Tuesday episode of her show, Megyn Kelly made racially insensitive remarks that caused a backlash. On Wednesday, she apologized at length to her NBC studio audience, which rewarded her with a standing ovation. And on Thursday, she did not go on the air.

In the immortal words of Flounder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I

What a stupid... well, you know. So she opens her bursting-with-hubris yap, which itself must have been amusing as she reveals her truer, off-air, in-private self to the world (dumbass). She MUST have known she was likely to be poo-canned for this, and yet she submitted to the great squirting penis of management, mouth agape as she knelt in obsequious wait for the gift of forgiveness, publicly citing her catechism of regret, shame, and a promise to transgress no more - only to be rolled over onto all fours and run through by the King without so much as a kiss or a thank-you, and left to her lonely, sore, shame- and embarrassment-infused self, having denied herself that shred of self-respect she could have retained, had she stood tall and unrepentant.

Were she a decent human being, which I suspect she is not so much so, this end would have been trebly satisfying with her doleful awareness of just how low she laid herself, like the cheapest prostitute on the planet who puts out, only to be denied even the meager two-bit payment she asked.

Sadly, we will likely have to be satisfied knowing her pain shall issue mostly from the loss of paycheck and the strike against her vastly inflated ego that comes with denying her the opportunity to continue her pointless and inane bloviation.

Her decision to skip “Megyn Kelly Today” came two days after she suggested, during an on-air round-table discussion, that it was appropriate for white people to dress in blackface as part of their Halloween costumes.

Ah yes... the money shot. For once, she actually uttered a true statement and has been consumed as a result.

Kelly apologized in an email to her NBC colleagues hours after making those remarks. On Wednesday, she delivered an on-air apology in the opening minute of her 9 a.m. show — “I’m Megyn Kelly, and I want to begin with two words: I’m sorry.”

The internal burning of hellfire in her barren womb must have been epic. Part of me would have paid money for a seat in that venue, but another part realizes that the heat must have been sufficient to melt tungsten. Let's not even mention some of the other hazards of going to that polluted hell hole. Pun intended.

But her demonstrations of contrition did little, it seemed, to improve her standing with her colleagues or superiors at the network. At a midday meeting of NBC News staff members on Wednesday, Andrew Lack, the chairman of the news division, did not mention her apologies and said, “There is no other way to put this, but I condemn those remarks.”

Al Roker, a “Today” fixture, said on the show Wednesday that Kelly “owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the country.” The anchor Craig Melvin called her comments “racist and ignorant.”

Little Meg brings the bandwagon to town and everyone jumps aboard. Couldn't see that coming twelve and a half miles away, eh?

By the end of the day, Kelly and Creative Artists Agency, the Hollywood talent agency that represented her, had parted ways. In addition, cast members and showrunners from the Netflix drama “House of Cards” had canceled their scheduled appearance on her show.

And because we cannot be in two places at once, the rats jump ship for the sake of the safety and haven of said bandwagon.

In moving to a big network, she said that a politics-free morning show was something she was “born to do.” She aspired to become a hybrid of Charlie Rose and Oprah Winfrey, she said.

That's IT??!!! It is to this that she aspired?

"Meager" doesn't quite cover it.

Within a month, Kelly’s Sunday magazine show debuted to middling ratings. And before long Kelly became the scourge of parents of the Sandy Hook shootings when she interviewed the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and posted a photograph of the two smiling together.

NBC quietly announced earlier this year that her Sunday show would return “periodically.”

The morning show, which started in September 2017, would be the source of more headaches. Throughout its run, “Megyn Kelly Today” has trailed the rival program “Live with Kelly and Ryan” by a significant margin.

Kelly’s show even attracted a smaller audience than the cheaper hour of “Today” that preceded her arrival. The previous version, a genial, low-key affair hosted by Al Roker, Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones, did not depend on the magnetism of a star performer. In the early episodes of her morning show, Kelly offended several celebrity guests, including Debra Messing, a star of NBC’s “Will & Grace,” who said after an appearance that she would never return to the show. Kelly later got into a dustup with Jane Fonda — by asking her pointedly about her plastic surgery — in what would eventually develop into a monthslong feud.

In an effort to convey a sunnier persona, Kelly danced awkwardly on the air with a “Today” show colleague, Hoda Kotb, to a Pitbull song. The clip of that moment was shared widely on social media (not in a good way).

In October 2017, after the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment stories broke, Kelly’s show became the site of discussions of sexual misconduct in the workplace. The host also did not shy away from reporting aggressively on sexual harassment stories that affected NBC News. Her close examination of Matt Lauer, whom the network ousted last November following sexual misconduct allegations, ruffled feathers within the network.

Early in 2018, there were signs that Kelly and NBC were not on the same page. The network did assign her as part of the team to cover the Olympics coverage in February, saying it did not want to disrupt her momentum.

So full of herself, she thinks she's actually in some sort of charge of things. How amusing.

What mis-measure of her new audience. Is she really so inept at her own profession that she didn't realize an NBC audience is almost certain to be fundamentally different from that of Fox?

After an extended period of pedestrian ratings, Kelly and Lack had a discussion earlier this month — well before the “blackface” remarks — on the possible winding-down of her portion of the “Today” show by the end of the year, according to two people briefed on the conversation. And Kelly has openly told friends in recent weeks about her unhappiness with top executives at NBC News.

Danke
10-28-2018, 07:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suX147xwWg4

timosman
04-23-2019, 12:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0JYAvCGNE

nikcers
04-23-2019, 04:47 AM
I always wondered if Larry Willmore and Megyn Kelly got punished for giving Rand Paul favorable news coverage during the 2016 election