PDA

View Full Version : Where the campaign has been spending YOUR money.

JeffersonThomas
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
OKay all you official campaign haters...and those of you who may just be curious...this is where a big chunk of all that money is going:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6512458.html?industryid=47172

Republicans reappear in the No. 7 spot with Rep. Ron Paul (Texas), who raised a bunch of money online, at 1,454, with the majority of those radio (909).

almost 1,500 ad spots :) the person beating him on the republican side is Willard-money bags-romney.

Man from La Mancha
12-13-2007, 01:13 AM
thanks

Wingman
12-13-2007, 01:18 AM
WHY RADIO!?!??!?!?!?

who listens to radio these days?!?!? only harried mothers in overheated cars in gridlock highways.. ZERO comprehension ability !!!!!

christ what is HQ doing?!?!?!?!

ionlyknowy
12-13-2007, 01:20 AM
if you read the entire article at the end of it they say that Huckabee was absent from the list because he didnt start advertising until Nov. 26th.

His surge started before he even started advertising, how is that even possible?

drfarrington
12-13-2007, 01:21 AM
WHY RADIO!?!??!?!?!?

who listens to radio these days?!?!? only harried mothers in overheated cars in gridlock highways.. ZERO comprehension ability !!!!!

Truck drivers, workers on the way to construction sites, people on the way to lunch, people driving to work and from work.

There are always people listening.

ionlyknowy
12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
no I think radio is good, because most people only listen to radio in the car, and then you are a captive audience. Most people just leave their TV on and have come immune to ads running after their programs. People are programmed to stop listening after their TV show is over.

For radio, it is different cause you cannot tell when it is an ad or not... so you listen..

Just Come Home
12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
WHY RADIO!?!??!?!?!?

Radio is absolutely the smartest place they could spend this money. You clearly have no understanding of what it is that you're talking about.

austin356
12-13-2007, 01:24 AM
WHY RADIO!?!??!?!?!?

Where the hell are you from?

Talk Radio is more powerful here than television when it comes to conservative politics. about 10-12 million people will vote in the Republican Primary; A vast majority of them listen to talk radio.

nlke182
12-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Most of the people that would be Ron Paul supports rarely listen to the radio. He has a younger crowd and they listen to their Ipods not talk AM radio.

austin356
12-13-2007, 01:25 AM
if you read the entire article at the end of it they say that Huckabee was absent from the list because he didnt start advertising until Nov. 26th.

His surge started before he even started advertising, how is that even possible?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/01/AR2007120101569.html

TheIndependent
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
It seems he has a good balance of radio and TV, so I see absolutely no problem here. Radio is used by many office workers getting through the day, truck drivers, commuters, etc. You'd be surprised where it crops up when one refers to age demographics over 25 years of age.

rpfreedom08
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Most of the people that would be Ron Paul supports rarely listen to the radio. He has a younger crowd and they listen to their Ipods not talk AM radio.

yes but he is also reaching out to older conservative republicans. Yes they are still out there they just haven't heard his message. Believe me, my parents are conservative republicans from the day when ron paul wouldn't have sounded ratical. They would have never heard of him if it wheren't for me. He is trying to get the word out to these types of people.

austin356
12-13-2007, 01:27 AM

And they dont vote in the REPUBLICAN Primary. We cannot win this with support of Independents. We need, no wait; We HAVE to have the support of Conservatives.

Also remember 1 vote by a perennial Republican Primary voter is worth the same as 2 votes of Independents who would not be voting in the primary if not for Paul. Its quite simple math. One vote for Paul is one vote someone else does not get.

Just Come Home
12-13-2007, 01:27 AM

There's no doubt that Ron Paul has a lot of young supporters who have no grasp on the rest of society (as witness by the ignorant outrage here by the kids on the campaign's use of radio). Young people are great, but it's sucicide politically to bank on young people. History has proven this again and again. You have to go after proven voters, eventually, and the way to do this is radio.

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Gee, maybe when you're trying to win an election you might want to reach out to a broader base of people who don't use the internet or listen to Ipods. We want to advertise to everybody. The internet has captured a lot of the young people. Radio is a great way to reach others and we need them to win this election. How do you know people who listen to radio won't support Ron Paul? You don't.

nlke182
12-13-2007, 01:29 AM
I never said that he cant get any supporters though the radio, my point is he should mix it up with TV and not go all radio to get in touch with a young audience.

Marshall
no I think radio is good, because most people only listen to radio in the car, and then you are a captive audience. Most people just leave their TV on and have come immune to ads running after their programs. People are programmed to stop listening after their TV show is over.

For radio, it is different cause you cannot tell when it is an ad or not... so you listen..

Plus you can't tivo radio. I know in the two years since I've had one, I've only ever seen a handful of commercials.

Just Come Home
Radio is a voters medium... Period.

If you signalled any outrage over this, you are an out of touch idiot who needs to shut up and learn. I get so frustrated listen to a bunch of know it alls act like Digg and MTV is the end all of campaigning...

ionlyknowy
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/01/AR2007120101569.html

Yeah, I know... he beat me to it... Me and rs3515 planned a mass mailing for Ron Paul. We gathered 120,000 emails of pastors in the key states, and we just recently sent it out. Hopefully it works, but Huck beat us to it..

austin356
12-13-2007, 01:32 AM
How do you know people who listen to radio won't support Ron Paul? You don't.

I does not matter if anyone thinks radio won't turn out many votes. Without support of talk radio listeners you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT win the REPUBLICAN nomination. It is plain and simple truth.

Paulitician
12-13-2007, 01:33 AM
We actually NEED radio ads. I mostly listen to radio, as I no longer watch TV news (mainly because I no longer have the channels, but also because it's completely pathetic--radio is pathetic too, but much less so). So as I listen to radio, Ron Paul never, ever comes up! So obviously, there is a an untapped market there, people who have never heard of Ron Paul, or know very little of him. And these people usually care about the issues, especially considering they're not being hypnotized [hyperbole] by the boob toob, as they can only listen. I don't know if you know this or not, but Ron Paul is still completely uknown. Only 51% of ALL voters know about him. So anything that has to do with politics, economy, civics etc. is good, whether it be TV or radio. Ron Paul's radio ads have been much better than his TV ads. I would agree though, that HQ NEEDS TO SERIOUSLY HIRE PROFESSIONALS TO MAKE GOOD TV ADS.

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 01:33 AM
I does not matter if anyone thinks radio won't turn out many votes. Without support of talk radio listeners you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT win the REPUBLICAN nomination. It is plain and simple truth.

That was my point. You're welcome.

austin356
12-13-2007, 01:36 AM
That was my point. You're welcome.

I know I was ___________________expanding__________________ on this issue.

sunghoko
12-13-2007, 01:37 AM

This broad statement based on no facts. How many of these ipod people need to be converted? Can RP's message be beamed into these things?

Talk radio is a powerful medium with many listeners who have not heard of ron paul. Talk radio shapes minds and political leanings and syndicated shows reach many ears. RP is being minimalized, bashed or ridiculed on the airwaves. That needs to change. TV is expensive and not as effective as radio period.

Taco John
12-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Even with the internet, radio is the most listened to medium in existence, AM radio in particular.

ValidusCustodiae
12-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Old Romney wants to be prez pur-T bad... good thing Ron Paul's gonna pwn him.

http://a172.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_a0bedf9952baf8202e8ab5706451131b.jpg

LibertyRevolution
12-13-2007, 01:51 AM
I can tell you this, my radio in my car doesn’t even have an AM antenna hooked up. Between my mp3 cd playing car stereo, and my mp3 phone plugged into its Aux input, I hardly ever listen to regular radio. And when I am listening to regular radio I change the channel when a commercial comes on.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
WHY RADIO!?!??!?!?!?

YOU may not, but a lot of people do. In fact, this was Buchanan's suggestion to him, was to advertise one heck of a lot on radio.

I personally am very glad he is taking good advantage of this medium.

Bradley in DC
12-13-2007, 02:35 AM
[QUOTE=Wingman;590601]WHY RADIO!?!??!?!?!?

who listens to radio these days?!?!?/QUOTE]

For better or for worse, people who vote disproportionately more than the general population.

Bluedevil
12-13-2007, 02:54 AM
WHY RADIO!?!??!?!?!?

senior citizens--- they are by far the most likely demographic to vote.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-13-2007, 02:57 AM

I would say over 50% of the people I know offline and online that support Dr. Paul are 40 years old or older...

chrismatthews
12-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Respectfully,

I've ran a multi-million dollar business that was very advertising sensitive.

Radio is a great ad stream because it's so cheap compared to even non-national cable buys for television. In advertising frequence is far more important than demo targetting.

That's what radio brings you. 60 1 minute spots tops an hour long informercial. It's money well spent.

Paulite5112007
12-13-2007, 03:45 AM
Respectfully,

That's what radio brings you. 60 1 minute spots tops an hour long informercial. It's money well spent.

I agree 100% with that statement.

I also LOVE that they are using the money on the radio and hopefully are hitting talk radio. These are the times people's minds are open to ideas and they are actively thinking about things like our economy, policies and presidential candidates. It's the perfect time to run a Ron Paul ad about the dangers of the falling dollar during a segment where they are discussing...the falling dollar.

Arek
12-13-2007, 03:48 AM
I think radio is great. I know I listen to the radio on my way to college every morning. I even occasionally tune into the neo-con radio programs such as bill o and hannity. NPR I beleive is the most fair talk radio.