PDA

View Full Version : Judge bars New Hampshire proof of residency requirement for new voters

Anti Federalist
10-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Even when you try to sort this out, you can't.

I've read the form, if you can not comprehend it, you are far too fucking stupid to be anywhere near a voting booth anyway.

Judge bars New Hampshire proof of residency requirement for new voters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-new-hampshire/judge-bars-new-hampshire-proof-of-residency-requirement-for-new-voters-idUSKCN1MW2Y8

Sharon Bernstein

(Reuters) - A New Hampshire judge on Monday put on hold a law requiring some voters to present proof of residency when they register, saying it would lengthen lines at polling places and make it difficult for students, disabled voters and others to cast ballots.

FILE PHOTO: Millennial voters in Rochester, New Hampshire, U.S., March 27, 2018. REUTERS/Brian Snyder
The temporary injunction against the Republican-backed law comes two weeks before U.S. Congressional elections that will determine whether opposition Democrats or U.S. President Donald Trump’s Republicans retain full control of the federal government’s legislative branch.

The measure, which passed largely along party lines and went into effect last year, required those seeking to register within 30 days of an election to present documents proving that they live in the area where they intend to vote. Without such proof, they must agree to either send it in within 10 days or the state will seek to verify their domicile.

The law does not require proof of address when voting.

“Where the law threatens to disenfranchise an individual’s right to vote, the only viable remedy is to enjoin its enforcement,” Presiding Justice Kenneth C. Brown wrote in his decision for the Hillsborough Superior Court Northern District in Manchester.

He added that the registration form is too complicated for many people to understand.

The legislation is the subject of a lawsuit filed by League of Women Voters of New Hampshire and other groups, who said it would disenfranchise numerous groups including students, the disabled and homeless voters. The measure will be put on hold while the merits of the case are decided.

New Hampshire Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter, a Democrat, welcomed the ruling.

“This law undermines our state’s reputation for holding free and fair elections, and it hurts our democracy,” she said in a statement.

New Hampshire Associate Attorney General Anne Edwards said through a spokeswoman on Monday that the state was reviewing the court order and would soon communicate its next steps. She did not say whether that would include appealing the injunction.

AuH20
10-23-2018, 12:42 PM
More emotional nonsense. The disabled and the poor.

phill4paul
10-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Closed borders. Closed polls. Why do you hate invaders? Embrace the diversity! :tears:

oyarde
10-23-2018, 02:03 PM
We have the 30 day resident requirement here . I think if I recall it even covers that individual county .

Swordsmyth
10-23-2018, 03:11 PM
He needs to be thrown out of office.

phill4paul
10-23-2018, 03:36 PM
N.C. has six GOP amendments proposed. Some sound good on the surface. There's a "hunters rights" bill that actually words it to give the state full control, a "victim rights" bill that just adds more taxpayer expense, a "7% tax max" bill that looks good on the surface but the state already has 10% in it's constitution and seems a "feel good" bill more than anything else.

But there is a Voter ID amendment that I'll fully back. If the fuckers can require that I show an photo I.D. to buy a gun, then the fuckers can show one to vote.

Zippyjuan
10-23-2018, 06:05 PM
From the ruling:

"All remarks regarding improving confidence in and the integrity of the State's elections were made in the context of closing 'loopholes' and tightening up the 'lax' system that supposedly enables ineligible voters to cast ballots throughout the State," the judge wrote. "However, as documented throughout the preliminary injuction hearing and as acknowledged by the legislature, voter fraud is not widespread or even remotely commonplace."

"Therefore, instead of combating fraud, the law simply imposes additional burdens on legitimate voters," the judge wrote.

http://www.nhpr.org/post/judge-blocks-sb3-voter-registration-law-use-upcoming-midterms#stream/0

Anti Federalist
10-23-2018, 06:10 PM
From the ruling:

http://www.nhpr.org/post/judge-blocks-sb3-voter-registration-law-use-upcoming-midterms#stream/0

So the people that benefit from vote fraud say there is no vote fraud.

Swordsmyth
10-23-2018, 06:11 PM
From the ruling:

No matter how many times you repeat the lie it doesn't make it true.

No matter what position of authority is used to parrot the lie it doesn't make it true.

Zippyjuan
10-23-2018, 06:16 PM
No matter how many times you repeat the lie it doesn't make it true.

No matter what position of authority is used to parrot the lie it doesn't make it true.

What is the total number of documented voter fraud cases in New Hampshire?

Swordsmyth
10-23-2018, 06:19 PM

Irrelevant.

Zippyjuan
10-23-2018, 06:31 PM
Irrelevant.

I see. You can't find any. If the statement the judge made is false and I am simply "repeating a lie", you should have no troubles finding them.

"However, as documented throughout the preliminary injuction hearing and as acknowledged by the legislature, voter fraud is not widespread or even remotely commonplace."

Swordsmyth
10-23-2018, 06:36 PM
I see. You can't find any. If the statement the judge made is false and I am simply "repeating a lie", you should have no troubles finding them.
Voter fraud has been documented many times and mostly people just refuse to look for it but in the end that is all irrelevant, there is nothing burdensome about Voter ID or proof of residency, that is the bigger lie.

Zippyjuan
10-23-2018, 06:53 PM
In addition to a valid ID you must also submit:

documentation of the specific acts he has taken to carry out his intent to establish a New Hampshire domicile.

and even after presenting all that, they can send government employees to your house to check up on you. Big Brother is Watching You!

the supervisors of the checklist have the authority to request “2 or more supervisors or municipal, county, or state election officers or their agents to visit the address (of the voter) and verify that the individual was domiciled there on election day.”

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Senate-Bill-3-would-damage-right-to-vote-8950309

Maybe the government should follow every voter home. Shouldn't cost too many more tax dollars.

Swordsmyth
10-23-2018, 06:58 PM
In addition to a valid ID you must also submit:

and even after presenting all that, they can send government employees to your house to check up on you. Big Brother is Watching You!

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Senate-Bill-3-would-damage-right-to-vote-8950309

:rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
10-23-2018, 07:00 PM
Big Brother is Watching You!

Yes he is, and it is not being made more easy to get him out of our life when you flood the voting booths with hordes of people voting illegitimately, since those illegitimate voters tend to vote overwhelmingly for more government and more Big Brother.

aGameOfThrones
10-23-2018, 07:26 PM
N.C. has six GOP amendments proposed. Some sound good on the surface. There's a "hunters rights" bill that actually words it to give the state full control, a "victim rights" bill that just adds more taxpayer expense, a "7% tax max" bill that looks good on the surface but the state already has 10% in it's constitution and seems a "feel good" bill more than anything else.

But there is a Voter ID amendment that I'll fully back. If the $#@!ers can require that I show an photo I.D. to buy a gun, then the $#@!ers can show one to vote.
:tears:

Some fucker on Facebook was told that exact same thing and his answer was, "that is a privilege, voting is a constitutional right."

“This law undermines our state’s reputation for holding free and fair elections, and it hurts our democracy,” she said in a statement.

:rolleyes:

Cleaner44
10-23-2018, 08:07 PM

If we save even one life from gun violence fraudulent vote from being cast, it's worth it.

Swordsmyth
10-23-2018, 08:09 PM
If we save even one life from gun violence fraudulent vote from being cast, it's worth it.
Voting is the most dangerous activity on the planet.