PDA

View Full Version : Trump: Federal Reserve is my biggest threat

nbhadja
10-16-2018, 07:32 PM
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trumps-biggest-threat-the-federal-reserve

r3volution 3.0
10-16-2018, 07:39 PM
he Fed raising rates too fast, and it’s too independent

In other words, print more money to finance my yuge deficits (or let me print it myself).

He's like Paul Krugman Ron Paul on steroids!

Swordsmyth
10-16-2018, 07:47 PM
In other words, print more money to finance my yuge deficits (or let me print it myself).

It doesn't matter what he attacks them for as long as he makes people aware that they are a problem.

jkr
10-16-2018, 07:59 PM
#ENDit

timosman
10-16-2018, 08:04 PM

We have a FED supporter. :D

enhanced_deficit
10-16-2018, 08:07 PM
That may explain his pick to lead the Fed.
The guy is a genius when it comes to the arts of 4-D Chess, 3-D bluffs and 2-D fakenews. Adelson be so proud.

He added that Mike Mattis was a democrat and Jarvanka was Republican.

AZJoe
10-16-2018, 08:33 PM
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.againstcronycapitalism.org%2Fw p-content%2Fuploads%2Fend-the-Fed-cc-2.jpg&f=1

Swordsmyth
10-16-2018, 08:38 PM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. HDifIgz293CBy2I3NsBdjAHaGm%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. e9TbTxC1hBMrn0lZAHuQSwHaFj%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Anti Federalist
10-17-2018, 12:59 AM
Trump could actually "end the fed" and some around here would still complain.

nikcers
10-17-2018, 01:33 AM

If Trump could end the fed and let the markets decide what replaces it no one would complain here about that. I bet people would complain about government managed solutions that could possibly be far worse than our non government managed system that is in bed with government.

DamianTV
10-17-2018, 02:17 AM
Need to do MANY things:

#1 - Stiff and END the Fed
#2 - End Income Tax

One without the other unbalances the system, and we either end up with Hyperinflation or Currency Collapse. We need to do several other things also.

#3 - Abolish Fractional Reserve Lending
#4 - Gold Standard (or at least some sort of standard that prevent unlimited money printing)
#5 - Abolish Interest where possible
#6 - Regulate Banks
#7 - Define Savings Bank and Investment Banks as separate entities
#8 - End Govt Addiction to Free Money (it has to come from somewhere)
#9 - Add everything I missed to this list

Wheres Zippy?

devil21
10-17-2018, 02:58 AM
So Trump's problem with the Fed is how they're managing the monetary system, not that they're managing the system in the first place or that it's a giant fraudulent ponzi scheme meant to strip people of their wealth/energy/labor. So, as usual, the truth is never touched upon, just more cover stories.

(It's all scripted any way. The Fed, in its current form, has already been planned to be scrapped to eventually make way for the blockchain monetary system. Create the problem, manage the reaction, offer the solution.)

DamianTV
10-17-2018, 04:07 AM
So Trump's problem with the Fed is how they're managing the monetary system, not that they're managing the system in the first place or that it's a giant fraudulent ponzi scheme meant to strip people of their wealth/energy/labor. So, as usual, the truth is never touched upon, just more cover stories.

(It's all scripted any way. The Fed, in its current form, has already been planned to be scrapped to eventually make way for the blockchain monetary system. Create the problem, manage the reaction, offer the solution.)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to devil21 again.

Someone wanna cover me?

--

I think thats one of the biggest reasons so many people supported Ron Paul, not Trump. This isnt DonaldTrumpForums.com, its RonPaulForums.com, and Ron Paul was the ONLY politician I have EVER witnessed tell the TRUTH about the Dangers of Central Banking.

Central Banking = Money in the Belief Money Violence paradigm that enslaves all of humanity.

Anti Globalist
10-17-2018, 04:56 AM
End the Fed.

CaptUSA
10-17-2018, 05:18 AM
Someone wanna cover me?

--

I think thats one of the biggest reasons so many people supported Ron Paul, not Trump. This isnt DonaldTrumpForums.com, its RonPaulForums.com, and Ron Paul was the ONLY politician I have EVER witnessed tell the TRUTH about the Dangers of Central Banking.

Central Banking = Money in the Belief Money Violence paradigm that enslaves all of humanity.

Covered. I'm glad there are still a few people here who still get it. Presidents have often complained about the Fed and want them to be more political. Trump is doing nothing new in that regard. The problem with the Fed isn't how they're managing the monetary system to the benefit or detriment of some politician; it's that they're managing it at all!

shakey1
10-17-2018, 05:42 AM
Enough talk... let's do this.

Origanalist
10-17-2018, 06:06 AM

This

Someone wanna cover me?

--

This

And this.

Covered. I'm glad there are still a few people here who still get it. Presidents have often complained about the Fed and want them to be more political. Trump is doing nothing new in that regard. The problem with the Fed isn't how they're managing the monetary system to the benefit or detriment of some politician; it's that they're managing it at all!

specsaregood
10-17-2018, 06:10 AM
If Trump could end the fed and let the markets decide what replaces it no one would complain here about that. I bet people would complain about government managed solutions that could possibly be far worse than our non government managed system that is in bed with government.

Don't bet on it, somebody here would complain about it, no doubt.

The Gold Standard
10-17-2018, 07:35 AM

I mean, it depends on what he replaced it with. But right now, he's begging the Fed to literally print more money to lower interest rates for him. I don't know who can honestly defend that.

CCTelander
10-17-2018, 07:58 AM

^^^^THIS^^^^

Someone wanna cover me?

--

^^^AND THIS^^^^

^^^^AND THIS^^^^

Covered.

Trump is complaining that the Fed isn't doing ENOUGH of the evil crap that it's been doing to get us into this mess, and Trump supporters want to count this as a GOOD thing? And then accuse those of us who simply refuse to go along with this farce of trying to "destroy" the liberty movement (the new narrative among the Trump Cheerleaders.)?

This place just gets more discouraging and disappointing with each passing day.

Fuck it. I give up. GO TRUMP! He's a fucking liberty savior, man!

r3volution 3.0
10-17-2018, 07:58 AM
I mean, it depends on what he replaced it with. But right now, he's begging the Fed to literally print more money to lower interest rates for him. I don't know who can honestly defend that.

On its face, it sounds like he wants to hand over the printing press to the Congress/President, or at least give them more control over the Fed.

To the extent that changes anything, it would probably make for even more reckless monetary policy, especially around election time.

However, I don't think that should be taken too seriously.

Really, he's just looking for someone to blame, as is his wont.

If the Fed didn't exist, he'd be blaming bond market speculators and calling for the creation of a central bank to fight them.

CCTelander
10-17-2018, 08:01 AM
On its face, it sounds like he wants to hand over the printing press to the Congress/President, or at least give them more control over the Fed.

To the extent that changes anything, it would probably make for even more reckless monetary policy, especially around election time.

However, I don't think that should be taken too seriously.

Really, he's just looking for someone to blame, as is his wont.

If the Fed didn't exist, he'd be blaming bond market speculators and calling for the creation of a central bank to fight them.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to r3volution 3.0 again."

specsaregood
10-17-2018, 09:21 AM

That isn't my ideal, but at least then it would be run by elected people, not unelected aristocracy. But I forgot you like the aristocracy...

r3volution 3.0
10-17-2018, 09:24 AM
That isn't my ideal, but at least then it would be run by elected people, not unelected aristocracy. But I forgot you like the aristocracy...

I can't imagine why you'd consider that an improvement.

Are you under the impression that Congress is full of hard money people...?

As I said above, monetary policy would be pretty much the same: except perhaps a bit more erratic.

But the general practice of using the Fed to finance deficit spending, and subsidize politically connected companies, would continue.

specsaregood
10-17-2018, 10:26 AM
I can't imagine why you'd consider that an improvement.
Are you under the impression that Congress is full of hard money people...?
As I said above, monetary policy would be pretty much the same: except perhaps a bit more erratic.
But the general practice of using the Fed to finance deficit spending, and subsidize politically connected companies, would continue.

I didn't say it would improve how it was run. In theory you could then vote out the bad money managers, unlike today.

r3volution 3.0
10-17-2018, 10:37 AM
I didn't say it would improve how it was run. In theory you could then vote out the bad money managers, unlike today.

The elected government already controls the Fed, just not on a day to day basis. If they wanted to abolish/change the Fed, or impeach and replace the Fed Chairman, they could do so at any time. The Fed's not really any more independent than the EPA, the FDA, the SEC, etc. The Fed is in fact a political entity acting in response to political pressure, despite the myth to the contrary.

If the Fed were abolished and the printing press given to Congress, one of two things would happen:

(1) Congress would create some new agency to run monetary policy

(2) Congress would directly control monetary policy (as in, vote to set interest rates)

The first would be no change at all. The second would give us the same basic policy, but in a more erratic (and hilarious) form.

DamianTV
10-17-2018, 01:52 PM
There is NO AGENCY or branch of Govt which has ANY authority over the Federal Reserve Bank.

The idea that Trump is going to correct economic woes by meddling in the affairs of the Fed are nothing more than a dog and pony show for the unaware who know better. Trump has NO MEANINGFUL POWER over the Federal Reserve. If Trump was instead undermining the very existence of the Fed itself, then I would be a Trump supporter, but as it stands, his true colors bleed thru. Its not that he is an idiot, its that he benefits from getting rid of the old Status Quo to benefit the new Status Quo. Trump in this regard is a Puppet since the more things change, the more things stay the same. People watch him and are all entertained by his latest musings while never addressing the real threats to civilization, but puts on a very good show for the unaware so he sure looks like it.

Ender
10-17-2018, 03:45 PM
There is NO AGENCY or branch of Govt which has ANY authority over the Federal Reserve Bank.

The idea that Trump is going to correct economic woes by meddling in the affairs of the Fed are nothing more than a dog and pony show for the unaware who know better. Trump has NO MEANINGFUL POWER over the Federal Reserve. If Trump was instead undermining the very existence of the Fed itself, then I would be a Trump supporter, but as it stands, his true colors bleed thru. Its not that he is an idiot, its that he benefits from getting rid of the old Status Quo to benefit the new Status Quo. Trump in this regard is a Puppet since the more things change, the more things stay the same. People watch him and are all entertained by his latest musings while never addressing the real threats to civilization, but puts on a very good show for the unaware so he sure looks like it.

AMEN.

Zippyjuan
10-17-2018, 05:30 PM
He just wants somebody to blame when his tariffs start hurting the economy.

Swordsmyth
10-17-2018, 05:45 PM
He just wants somebody to blame when his tariffs start hurting the economy.

The Fed is much more responsible for that than the tariffs might be temporarily.

dannno
10-26-2018, 10:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIFIvxBWcQA

Zippyjuan
10-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Trump can talk all he wants but he can't force the Fed to do anything. (also notable that he appointed a big chunk of the current Federal Reserve Board)

enhanced_deficit
12-22-2018, 12:52 PM
Trump reportedly wants to fire Fed chair, a move that could wreak havoc on financial markets (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529532-Trump-reportedly-wants-to-fire-Fed-chair-a-move-that-could-wreak-havoc-on-financial-markets&)