PDA

View Full Version : Does America deserve Ron Paul?

RonPaulFever
12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I think we all agree that the U.S. is finished if we don't get RP elected next year. With that said, sometimes I think I would get smug satisfaction from the total enslavement of the lazy, apathetic Americans that have allowed this country to be sold out from under them. I'm not talking about the ones that genuinely care but feel too powerless to do anything, I mean the ones who don't care AT ALL about anything but being disgusting consumer androids. Ron Paul is fighting for them and they couldn't care less. It's coming time to pay the piper, and they may end up reaping what they have sown.

Forefall
12-12-2007, 11:58 PM
If Ron Paul does not get elected, I will highly consider moving from the country.

curtisag
12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
No, we really don't deserve Ron Paul. People don't realize how lucky we are to have a man like Dr. Paul giving us this last chance to turn things around. And if Ron doesn't get elected, we will definitely deserve all of the negative consequences that are coming.

RonPaulFever
12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
If Ron Paul does not get elected, I will highly consider moving from the country.

Same here, although I'd rather do this:

http://www.freestateproject.org/

DealzOnWheelz
12-13-2007, 12:00 AM
can anyone say amsterdam

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Same here, although I'd rather do this:

http://www.freestateproject.org/

If he loses, this should take priority over everything else.

This alone can bring the libertarians into power.

AlexAmore
12-13-2007, 12:05 AM
can anyone say amsterdam

amsterdam

romeshomey
12-13-2007, 12:06 AM
can anyone say amsterdam

Amsterdam isn't a country lol.

It just so happens to be the capital or the Netherlands, which I might ad has alot of the same laws that alot of us hate here.

Pretty much everything you can't do here, you can't do there either except in very few areas that they allow it.

For instance, you can't legally smoke marijuana or grow marijuana in the Netherlands like some people think. It's only legal to do so in the shops that have permission from the government to allow it.

I'm sorry, but there isn't a better country left on this planet to move too. It's either save this one or nothing.

icon124
12-13-2007, 12:07 AM
if he doesnt get elected i hope he tries to run one last time during the next election...even tho he probably wont becuz he will be 76 lol

Minuteman
12-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Been seriously considering moving to Alaska. And if SHTF, there are lots of places to get lost.

literatim
12-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Switzerland.

Bluedevil
12-13-2007, 12:13 AM
You people really can be depressing. Of course we deserve a good President, this is America damn it!!! and for the record I am not going anywhere.

Cunningham
12-13-2007, 12:14 AM
If Ron Paul loses....I think I may have to join Homeland Security or something. If these people want to be slaves far be it for me to get in there way.

In 2000 an 2004 I cynically voted for Bush hoping he would screw things up so bad that the American people would finally wake up. He actually screwed things way more than I expected. In January when I saw that Ron was getting in the races I thought, finally maybe the people have had enough. I really hope Ron wins so my votes for Bush weren't wasted.

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:18 AM
It doesn't matter if he wins or loses, that's what you guys aren't getting

If he wins it makes things easier, but we still have a mission

Taking over the republican party, boosting the libertarian party, and promoting the free state project are how it will get done

We have the power to do all of this RIGHT NOW! The movement is that powerful.

Omphfullas Zamboni
12-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Essentially, America does not really want the responsibility of constitutional government. It wants an elected monarch, who will set aside the rule of law and demonstrate "good leadership:" plans and programs that provide an illusory sense of security while incrementally reducing property and other rights. Ron Paul is incessantly mocked and ignored because he adheres to ideas of which our generation deems itself unworthy.

Quoted from random blog post, somewhere. Present company excluded, of course.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Sadly, we are assuming that there will be an election in 2008... and that Bush will restrain him self from using one of the many directives that give him dictatorial powers. If there was ever an event to cause a 2nd civil war... that would be it.

jasonoliver
12-13-2007, 12:31 AM
The world will not come to end if Ron Paul doesn't win.

Things will go on like they are for the most part. It will be like another Bush term.

Things just won't be as good as they could be if he were president.

Paulitician
12-13-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't care much about the apathetic voters. I agree if they all came together behind a common cause (which there is virtually no chance of, as people are very diverse) they could shake this country into a better tomorrow. I put most of the blame on those who have been in politics, yet still fall for all the lies, all the propaganda, and all the BS in general. It's like Einstein said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." The electorate is literally insane and extremely stupid.

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't care much about the apathetic voters. I agree if they all came together behind a common cause (which there is virtually no chance of, as people are very diverse) they could shake this country into a better tomorrow. I put most of the blame on those who have been in politics, yet still fall for all the lies, all the propaganda, and all the BS in general. It's like Einstein said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." The electorate is literally insane and extremely stupid.

I vote secret society

Who's with me?

jasonoliver
12-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I am not like many on here. I love Ron Paul, but if it came down to it I'll take a 3rd Bush term over Obama or Clinton.

Obama = Ban Handuns nationwide
Clinton = Same foreign policy of Bush

quickmike
12-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Switzerland.

Yeah, but you dont just walk into Switzerland and fill out some citizenship papers. Theyre pretty strict with their immigration. You have to go through alot of stuff to verify that you wont be a drain on their system, which is a smart move on their part in my opinion. Proof that you are financially self sufficient, basically the equivalent of going through a mortgage approval x 10. If youre independantly wealthy, its definitely the way to go.

Corydoras
12-13-2007, 12:37 AM
The electorate is literally insane and extremely stupid.

As "Men in Black" says,

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.

Thrice
12-13-2007, 12:39 AM
I like Ron Paul as much as the next person, but this sort of worship reminds me of the whole near-miss "His Excellency" issue with Washington.

Yes, the American people deserve Paul.

risiusj
12-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Does America deserve Ron Paul?
Absolutely not.
That doesn't mean America doesn't need him and his philosophy.
I'm sure everyone has received something that they don't deserve. Let's give millions of people something they don't deserve.

spivey378
12-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Does America deserve Ron Paul?
Absolutely not.
That doesn't mean America doesn't need him and his philosophy.
I'm sure everyone has received something that they don't deserve. Let's give millions of people something they don't deserve.

well said. give them hell in iowa my friend

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Dr. Paul is the right prescription for this nation... even if we have to give it to them as a damn suppository. Will they fight us... sure, but it's the only real cure for the problems we face.

MikeStanart
12-13-2007, 12:45 AM
After I graduate and get on track; I'm contemplating NH.

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:46 AM
After I graduate and get on track; I'm contemplating NH.

If I can start my business there, I will!

If the FSP can give me the support when the time comes, I'm sold

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 12:49 AM
If I can start my business there, I will!

If the FSP can give me the support when the time comes, I'm sold

I'd move there but i'm anchored in Texas by my family and Girlfriend. Who would never move with me up there... she hates the cold. Might have to do a freestate project for Texas... re-declare our independence.

doronster195
12-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Hypothetically, if Ron doesn't win. He should FOR SURE run for office next election. Because now the "likely primary voters" will mostly be Ron Paul supporters already. =]

anotherone
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
If Ron Paul does not get the nomination, I will vote Democrat in the general.

I've never voted Democrat in my life, but my purpose will be to weaken the Republican party, as I do not want to be part of the source of problem of them continuing on this current course of action.

If the Republicans lose enough seats in the House & Senate, and lose enough voters, they will have to switch platforms. They will see that catering to the neo-cons is not where it's at.

Yes. It's tough love, but I think it would be best for the long term of the "conservative" party.

I'll still vote Libertarian at the local level.

+1 for FSP

jasonoliver
12-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Hypothetically, if Ron doesn't win. He should FOR SURE run for office next election. Because now the "likely primary voters" will mostly be Ron Paul supporters already. =]

He will be like 77 years old. NO WAY will he run or win then.

blakjak
I'm sorry, but there isn't a better country left on this planet to move too. It's either save this one or nothing.

what he said

Eric23
If there's a problem with this country, you just don't run away from it. You try to fix it. If Paul loses then it is up to us to continue his message whether it's through running for office or spreading the message of liberty to your friends.

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 12:54 AM

You do realize he will be 76 then right?

bootstrap
12-13-2007, 01:02 AM
No, of course americans do not deserve Ron Paul. And this is their last chance to save their butts for being such obscenely dishonest, short-term oriented, and authority-loving cretins. They begged to become fascist for generations, and now they got their wish. RP is their only chance out of the hole they dug, but this country is beyond the point of no return, and the final proof of that will be their failure to elect Ron Paul.

Leave the country? Absolutely! You wouldn't leave nazi germany shortly before they stole the last vestiges of individual rights and branded numbers on you? Then you are terminally stupid. Anyone who believes in nationalism more than liberty and individualism is extremely delusional - and will pay for that dishonesty. Me? I made specific plans to leave the USSA next sprint before I learned RP was running for president. I am definitely leaving, and will only consider returning someday if RP wins... and is aggressive and persistent enough to reverse the tide towards elitism-statism-fascism-authoritarianism. The people of the USSA have habituated dishonesty and intellectual corruption so thoroughly that most of them no longer even notice they are blatant liars. Which is to say, "beyond the point of no return". I hope I am proven wrong, but somehow I am always proven overly optimistic. Only if americans become honest individualists does the USSA have a chance to revert to the USA. Fat chance.

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Whether or not America deserves Ron Paul is debatable, but it's TOTALLY IRRELVANT! All I know is that America NEEDS Ron Paul! I'm not voting for anyone except RON PAUL on the REPUBLICAN ticket in the general election. Voting for the Democrats or Neo-cons would go against everything I stand for. We should NEVER sacrifice our PRINCIPLES for politics. Not now. NOT EVER!

alien
12-13-2007, 01:15 AM
He will be like 77 years old. NO WAY will he run or win then.

Yah, but his son could.

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Yah, but his son could.

ding ding ding!

will we be in the middle of a rise of power in the libertarian party though, or a take over of the republicans...or both?

robert4rp08
12-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Switzerland.

Ditto.

RedLightning
12-13-2007, 02:23 AM
If Ron Paul does not get the nomination, I will vote Democrat in the general.

I've never voted Democrat in my life, but my purpose will be to weaken the Republican party, as I do not want to be part of the source of problem of them continuing on this current course of action.

If the Republicans lose enough seats in the House & Senate, and lose enough voters, they will have to switch platforms. They will see that catering to the neo-cons is not where it's at.

If you vote dem to teach the republicans a lesson they will just think they need to be more liberal.

Grandson of Liberty
12-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Do we deserve Ron Paul?

Not if we're willing to give up if he doesn't win.

This is simply the beginning, the early stages of the second American Revolution.

The first one had a lot of setbacks, but they refused to give up. Only if we refuse to quit do we deserve a country like the one Ron Paul is trying to restore.

Kingfisher
12-13-2007, 07:29 AM
We patriots deserve Ron Paul, but nost apathetic Americans dont. I think a large portion of the American people care more about who wins the Super Bowl, than who the next president is.

FreeTraveler
12-13-2007, 07:33 AM
I'd move there but i'm anchored in Texas by my family and Girlfriend. Who would never move with me up there... she hates the cold. Might have to do a freestate project for Texas... re-declare our independence.

There's already a movement underway... Google and you shall find. I think it's something like Texas Republic. It's a secessionist movement of sorts.

tfelice
12-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Folks, RP is not the second coming. These things take time, and we need to learn from our mistakes move on from here and keep going in the right direction. My concern though is that the RP grassroots is a little heavy in single issue folks that won't be around in 2012 to support the next old-school conservative candidate.

FreeTraveler
12-13-2007, 07:41 AM
We patriots deserve Ron Paul, but nost apathetic Americans dont. I think a large portion of the American people care more about who wins the Super Bowl, than who the next president is.

That was true in 1776 as well. Read your history and you'll find the Revolution occurred because a relatively small group of patriots worked hard to inflame the populace.

Sound familiar? ;):D

azminuteman
12-13-2007, 07:51 AM
My vote is for Ron Paul.
My protest vote will be a write-in for Ron Paul.

We are in a dire economic situation that is unlike the 1980 Carter issue.
Oil is at $90 a barrel and no other candidate wants to do anything about it.
Alternative fuels are 5 years away at best with the gumption of the the space race a generation ago.
The Democrats want to tax more and create more government at a cost we can't afford.
The copycat Republicans want to keep the status quo.

NAFTA is a failure and our manufacturing is mostly overseas.

Our country is practically on bad credit due to over extendedness, our ARM is up for a rate change and it will happen next year. We literally cannot afford to lose this election.
No other candidate is willing to cut (I think maybe Romney would if faced with the problem, Guiliani's solution doesn't make sense) government spending.

greves
12-13-2007, 07:56 AM
can anyone say amsterdam

Yeah I tried that the last go-around with Bush. I'm still there (here), but it's not that great. I'd recommend it over the States any day - but I'm moving off to Asia in the near future.

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah I tried that the last go-around with Bush. I'm still there (here), but it's not that great. I'd recommend it over the States any day - but I'm moving off to Asia in the near future.

I will not move away! We must fix America!

Storm3
12-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Don't know if America deserves Ron Paul, but the rest of the world does.

www.freestateproject.org

johngr
12-13-2007, 09:30 AM
can anyone say amsterdam

You mean Amsterdamistan?

johngr
12-13-2007, 09:31 AM
If there's a problem with this country, you just don't run away from it. You try to fix it. If Paul loses then it is up to us to continue his message whether it's through running for office or spreading the message of liberty to your friends.

So Thomas Jefferson, et. al. should have just stayed in England and taken it from King George?

dsentell
12-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Sadly, we are assuming that there will be an election in 2008... and that Bush will restrain him self from using one of the many directives that give him dictatorial powers. If there was ever an event to cause a 2nd civil war... that would be it.

Evil, this is exactly what I have been worrying about . . .