PDA

View Full Version : Great news! The GOP is in Dire Straits, no funds!

mavtek
12-12-2007, 11:54 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7321.html

Greatness! It leaves little doubt now that the GOP will choose either Romney or our man based solely on funding!

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Greatness! It leaves little doubt now that the GOP will choose either Romney or our man based solely on funding!

That's how you know we are the future

Whether we take over the GOP or finally get libertarians in congress...only the future will tell

We have the power to do so right now, we just need a cohesive and singular goal

austin356
12-13-2007, 12:07 AM
One more reason the party must nominate the good doctor.

curtisag
12-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Wow, I had no idea the GOP was so screwed up. Ron Paul is truly their last hope.

jake
12-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Teaparty '07 is the start on the return to true Conservatism in the GOP!

robatsu
12-13-2007, 12:18 AM
"Boehner has undertaken a study, consulting corporate image experts, to “re-brand” the party."

This is the mark of an exhausted political establishment - people whose sole interest is power, seeking a constituency whose goals they promise to pursue. As opposed to the Ron Paul campaign, a natural constituency beating down doors finding out how to obtain power.

smtwngrl
12-13-2007, 12:24 AM
This is fantastic!!! :D

Ksuperneau
12-13-2007, 12:25 AM
The number of Republican retirements is troubling, too.

Confident members do not leave Congress in large numbers. They stick around if they think they will soon hold power. The crop of retiring members includes three Boehner allies in Ohio:

Get on it Ohio Ron Paul groups lets take the Congress and Senate!

hard@work
12-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Voters “are tired of all the bickering, tired of all the damn noise,” he said. “We want people to listen to us; we want people to consider our new ideas and consider voting for us, and [they want us to] talk to them like adults.” Look for the new agenda to be heavy on health, energy and military spending — if Boehner can settle internal disputes over the specifics.

The thing is, people want not to listen but to be listened to. If Paul wins he will force a rebranding of the Republican party into a machine that fights once again for true American values. It is the "retaking" of the moral high ground that Paul has quietly suggested in the value voters speaches and debates. Although at that time falling on deaf ears, the true morality of classical liberal thought is much more powerful than corporate liberalism ever will be.

jenius
12-13-2007, 12:29 AM
It's because if the Republicans don't stand for Libertarian ideals, they don't stand for anything, and everyone knows it.

Ridiculous
12-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Boehner........ hee hee hee :p:D

jasonoliver
12-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Teaparty '07 is the start on the return to true Conservatism in the GOP!

No more like the beginning of libertarianism........

Ron Paul is far more libertarian that any president from George Washington on down.

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:37 AM
No more like the beginning of libertarianism........

Ron Paul is far more libertarian that any president from George Washington on down.

I agree here

I really think the movement will continue...but will head in two directions

One will work toward taking over the republican party, the other to the free state project and bringing the libertarian party into power

In the end I believe both will end up coming together in some form when the libertarians can stand on their own two feet

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 12:40 AM
At this point it might not matter too much if one of the others gets the GOP nom... the GOP's financial problems will plague who ever gets the nom. It finally might be time to put the last few nails in the GOP coffin... and we might be able to do it =)

Sadly, we will never be able to shake the GOP image even if Dr. Paul is the nom. If anything we are the ones who've been funding their efforts over the last few months, being the only ones willing to show up in mass for straw polls.

Wingman
12-13-2007, 12:41 AM
we need to do something about romney

anyone live close to his house?

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 12:52 AM
we need to do something about romney

anyone live close to his house?

[Admin - remove forum guidelines violations - please read and follow them:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22 ]

gb13
12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Bump. Definitely going to put this one on the news feed of my website.

quickmike
12-13-2007, 12:57 AM
This is what they get for their 12 years of control of both the house and senate AND the whitehouse. They talked a big game for years and when they finally got in power, what do they do? Increase spending like no democrat dreams of in their wettest dreams, Bush doesnt veto a SINGLE spending bill in 6 years, and they sign up to these ridiculous "fair" trade deals. Now, a truly fiscal conservative(RP) comes along and not only talks the talk but walked the walk for 30 years and they distance themselves from him like the plague because hes not a team player, a team that has done the exact opposite of what they claim to be all about.

Then they use as an excuse after the last round of congressional ass kicking they recieved from the democrats that "we have lost our way and need to get back to our roots" and they STILL dont get it. Every other candiate on the stage with Ron talks about more programs to solve one problem or another, spending more tax payer money of some kind of reform or ID card.

They are getting exactly what they deserve. I just hope they get one thing they dont deserve............

Ron Paul

xd9fan
12-13-2007, 01:01 AM
“Now the money sucks for two reasons,” Boehner said in a Politico interview. “People are mad at the president; they are mad at the party. And then [there is] this whole immigration fight. People just turned off the spigot.”

F*&^ Boehner...ya think!!!
G&^ Damn it start listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look in the Mirror Boehner, look in the mirror. This party will die on the vine if Paul doesnt get it. He is the only one that has credible leadership.

And I will never give money again to this party if Paul doesnt get it.

They simply dont deserve to be rewarded with my.....hear me.....MY MONEY!!!

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-13-2007, 01:02 AM
__

quickmike
12-13-2007, 01:10 AM
F*&^ Boehner...ya think!!!
G&^ Damn it start listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look in the Mirror Boehner, look in the mirror. This party will die on the vine if Paul doesnt get it. He is the only one that has credible leadership.

And I will never give money again to this party if Paul doesnt get it.

They simply dont deserve to be rewarded with my.....hear me.....MY MONEY!!!

he said BONER!

pikerz
12-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Tell the RNC we will send the money if they get behind Paul.

Stop the media blackout, embrace the populist appeal of his message. Use the power of the RNC to back a candidate that can truly defeat Hillary.

Perry
12-13-2007, 01:24 AM
At the end of the third quarter, the Democratic campaign arm had $28 million in the bank; the Republicans had $1.6 million (and twice that total in debt). That certainly fits the definition of “sucks” for most Republicans :D

literatim
12-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Maybe we could sign a 'petition' stating that we will fully support the GOP if they fully back Ron Paul in his nomination to be elected and return to the values of the constitution and limited government. I think we will have clout after the Q4 numbers come out.

Ksuperneau
12-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Lets tell them how we feel and that we would love to support them if they support us.

info@gop.com

Paulitician
12-13-2007, 01:44 AM
I want 20 million for the quarter!

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Lets tell them how we feel and that we would love to support them if the support us.

info@gop.com

They need Murdoch more than they need us

rasheedwallace
12-13-2007, 03:48 AM

the GOP will NEVER "choose" ron paul, come on you know that!

...it has to be shoved down their throats.

DjLoTi
12-13-2007, 03:54 AM
It's not good news for the republicans, but it's good news for Ron Paul since he's well in the black.

Man from La Mancha
12-13-2007, 03:56 AM
the GOP will NEVER "choose" ron paul, come on you know that!

...it has to be shoved down their throats.Money talks bullshit walks.:D

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

rasheedwallace
12-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Money talks bullshit walks.:D

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

unless, apparently, your name is michael huckabee and you have droves on crazy evangelicals behind you...

hawks4ronpaul
12-13-2007, 04:02 AM
If the demoralized retiring officials are in your district, see if they will endorse Paul since they might feel free to speak since they are leaving office.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

pikerz
12-13-2007, 04:16 AM
We should organize a declaration of support for the RNC if they fully get behind Dr Paul.

Any good letter writers out there?

Heres a quick example I cooked up--But I'm sure somebody else could write a completely awesome, powerful letter!

http://www.petitiononline.com/rnc4paul/petition.html

RTsquared
12-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Here is a copy of the letter I sent the GOP. Hopefully someone will get the message.

> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 04:51:08 -0800 (PST)
> From: John Redding
> Subject: Fundraising problems (re: story in the Politico)
> To: info@gop.com
>
> I read with interest the article detailing the fundraising problems
> the
> RNC was currently experiencing. As a dyed-in-the-wool conservative
> who
> has never joined a political party, I thought my perspective might be
> welcome.
>
> I am 32 years old. I have voted in every Presidential election since
> I
> reached voting age. I am extremely interested in politics. I do not
> consider myself an independent because of my conservative viewpoint,
> but I am not a Republican. Why? I was not old enough to vote for the
> last truly conservative Republican for President (Ronald Reagan). I
> wasn't born when one of my political idols ran for President (Barry
> Goldwater). Since I have been of voting age, the Republican party has
> given me no choices of candidates other than theocrats that want to
> extort my money to tell me how I have to live. That is not what I
> want.
>
> I want a party that embodies the spirit of one of its guiding lights,
> Calvin Coolidge: The government that governs best governs least. I
> want
> a government that lets me keep as much of my hard-earned money as I
> can, and leaves me alone to make my own mistakes. I want a party that
> despises imperialism as much as the Founding Fathers instead of
> choosing to invade sovereign nations based on shoddy or misleading
> intelligence. Give me a real choice to opt out of the welfare/warfare
> state, and I will gladly sign up and financially support the GOP.
> Instead the party agenda seems to be diametrically opposed to what I
> stand for.
>
> Barry Goldwater Jr. has studied the Presidential candidates and
> chosen
> to endorse a Republican -- Ron Paul. It would be foolish of me to
> expect the RNC to do the same at this point before the primaries.
> However, the RNC could (and should) take steps to ensure that Dr.
> Paul's voice is not muted. He should be given equal time in the
> party-sponsored debates instead of being treated like a redheaded
> stepchild. Prove to me that the GOP is willing to move back in the
> direction of Reagan, of Goldwater, of Coolidge, and I will sign up
> immediately.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> John Redding

CJLauderdale4
12-13-2007, 07:03 AM
unless, apparently, your name is michael huckabee and you have droves on crazy evangelicals behind you...

Hey!! I'm a so-called crazy evangelical because I guess I love Jesus too much, but I love Dr. Paul too!! No hard feelings... :)

Anyway, we all need to understand this article better:

The NATIOANL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE is out of money. This money is used to help elect or re-elect CONGRESSMEN.

The REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE is NOT out of money. This is the money used on a national basis to help elect the President.

Just some clarity...

WilliamC
12-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Greetings All,

Yet another reason I worry that the "powers-that-be" behind the scenes would rather see the Republicans destroyed as an effective political party than to see Ron Paul get the nomination. The media bias I can understand, but for the GOP to ignore his straw poll victories, the money, and the massive number of potential new members they would gain by at least treating Ron Paul like a legitimate candidate is more than odd. Nothing else makes any sense to me except that those who pull the strings really will do anything it takes to stop him.

William C Colley

mavtek
12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Bump

blamx8
12-13-2007, 12:51 PM
The other day I got a call from the RNC asking me for a donation. I told them I was tired of seeing the party give money to individuals who do not follow the constitution or the party platform. I said "If you will guarantee me that not a penny of this donation will go to any candidate that does not follow the constitution or the platform I will cut you a fat check right now."

The lady responded with "Do you want Hillary to win?"

Me: "More than I want to support the demise of the constitution. Maybe it would wake America up"

Long story short, she couldn't promise, I sent no money.

I ended telling her that all my money would go directly to the Ron Paul campaign where I knew the constitution would be honored and followed.

xd9fan
12-13-2007, 04:13 PM
The lady responded with "Do you want Hillary to win?"

:mad::mad:

No honey I want PRINCIPLE to win. That fear shit does nothing for me..

fortilite
12-13-2007, 04:15 PM
We're gonna take over the party! Woot!

Maltheus
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Maybe we could sign a 'petition' stating that we will fully support the GOP if they fully back Ron Paul in his nomination to be elected and return to the values of the constitution and limited government. I think we will have clout after the Q4 numbers come out.

I was wondering about this myself. I'd happily pledge to donate $200 to the GOP if they would throw their weight behind Ron Paul. If he gets the nomination, we will win and the party would be reenergized for years to come. They'd get all my Ron Paul donations from that point on (at least until the election). The sad truth is, they don't really care about the party or they would have done it already. All they care about is money and power and that would be threatened if they were ever forced to live up to their stated principles.