PDA

View Full Version : The daily show and colbert report not being on right now is really hurting us

wfd40
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
SSIA...

This is one of the few "events" that has gone against our favor..

Seriously, most everything else seems to be falling our way.. but John Stewart not being able to skewer these bastards every night is certainly not to our favor..

Major bummer if you ask me.

Richandler
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Blame the writers. Their closed union is the reason why there are no shows now and the reason why when there are shows they mostly suck.

austin356
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I agree.

One of the only events that has really been detrimental.

No Letterman. No Colbert. No Stewart.

ksuguy
12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Well I'm kind of glad to see Hollywood destroy itself. I'm finding that I just don't care that the writers are on strike. Neither side seems particularly worthy of my support.

wfd40
12-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Well I'm kind of glad to see Hollywood destroy itself. I'm finding that I just don't care that the writers are on strike. Neither side seems particularly worthy of my support.

neither here nor there...

I can promise you that if Stewart we're still in business, Paul would be getting a heck of a lot more attention/coverage

I mean, think about what his bit would be on the fox graphs from today...
"And Congressman Ron Paul got a warm welcome in the Iowa debates today according to Fox polster Frank Luntz... PEACE??... baaaaaaaaddd. Freedom?? Who needs it!?... " etc

ty1er
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
The news or reality shows are pretty much the only fresh content on TV right now. Considering the average U.S. home has a TV on for 6 hours, 47 minutes per day it's very important to make the "New News" headlines.

Wingman
12-12-2007, 11:16 PM
why can't jon stewart do his stuff on youtube?

also he doesn't need writers -- just do it himself.

cmon he can do it.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
why can't jon stewart do his stuff on youtube?

also he doesn't need writers -- just do it himself.

cmon he can do it.

no he can't.....them man is not as informed as he may seem.

ronpaulfan
12-12-2007, 11:20 PM
On the plus side, many people may stop watching TV because of the strike. Hopefully they'll watch YouTube and become Ron Paul supporters :)

Maverick
12-12-2007, 11:26 PM

I'm sure he could, it's just that he won't. It's like a solidarity thing. Or it's in his contract or something.

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 12:00 AM

He's not as funny without a script, but he is pretty intelligent on his own.

I like his appearance for the back in the day when tucker was on crossfire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE