PDA

View Full Version : Please help me convert undecided voter

VRP08
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
When dealing with an undecided voter, who likes Ron Paul's views from what they hear, but they just do not believe RP has a chance at all. How do you boost this persons confidence or make them believe that Ron Paul does have a chance. If the support is there, there is a chance. :D
I'm talking about someone I like a lot and would like to stay nice and respectful. What do I say to this person who thinks it's not worth the vote because he has no chance?

TIA!!

Austin
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
www.thecaseforronpaul.com

twister5400
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
ron paul has consistently won almost every poll that requires actual enthusiasm to vote. ie. straw polls.

look at the amounts of people that actually vote in the primaries. if ron pauls people show up he can win.

for ron paul to poll where he does among republicans is good. add in the libertarian vote, constitutional vote, anti-war vote, and independent vote, and you can very easily sway this primary

newmedia4ron
12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
STRAW POLL RESULTS
NOVEMBER 5th

JosephTheLibertarian
12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
why do you have to think a candidate has a chance in order to vote for him? candidates only have a chance if you vote for them.. dumb fucks

curtisag
12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Ron Paul will raise more money than any other Republican by far in the 4th quarter of this year.

John Kerry was polling at 4% in December before Dean crashed and he won the nomination.

Buchanan won New Hampshire in 1996, but was only polling at 4% nationally, then the media killed his candidacy.

He has by far the most dedicated and amazing supporters, they raised 4.3 million dollars for him in a single day themselves.

People are hungry for change this election year, and Ron is the only real change candidate running.

And nobody is really excited about the other candidates, their support is all soft support.

Corydoras
12-12-2007, 11:20 PM
You gotta play to win.

Trigonx
12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
You gotta play to win.

QFT

VRP08
12-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Thank you. Some very good points. Now I just need to compose an email with all this.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-12-2007, 11:40 PM
nt

McLane2007
12-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Long Shot?
· Ron Paul has finished 1st in 25 out of 46 straw polls and in the top 3 in 38 out of 46 straw polls
· Has raised 11.3 million thus far in the 4th quarter more than any other Republican candidate.
· Ron Paul campaign set a new record for Republican fundraising by raising Over $4.3 million in 24 hours
· RonPaul2008.com gets more unique visitors than all other Republican candidates
· Ron Paul has more MySpace, Facebook, YouTube and Meetup supporters than any other Republican candidate
o MySpace.com 85,000+ supporters
o Facebook.com 39,000+ supporters
o YouTube.com RonPaul2008dotcom 37,000+ Subscribers
o Meetup.com 85,000+ Members in 1,300+ Meetup Groups

How does a "long shot" candidate dominate all of these categories over the "top tier" candidates? If Giuliani, Romney, Huckabee, or Thompson are truly the frontrunners where is the evidence other than the mainstream media saying there polls show it as so.

VRP08
12-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks SO much! That is A LOT to work with! :)

You need to bust their bubble that what is in the media is reality. Send them emails every day of Ron Paul news. Give them links every day of all the Ron Paul grass roots sites. You need to give them articles of some of polling audio recordings floating around and paint the picture polls are taken from the viewpoint of the poller and have a margin of error. Talk about the fact one of the most interesting statistics this primary will be the influx of first time voters. In my meetup group there are only 2 or 3 previously registered voters. Every week we go out and sign wave we see more people wave back and more people honk. Send them the grass roots coverage of these events showing how many Ron Paul supporters show up versus the other candidates. Even if by some miracle the polls are accurate 8% for RP means 7.999% at the polls which is a lot considering some of the stats I see about primaries say they only draw 10% total. So 7.99% against 10% of 29% don't look that bad. Doesn't really matter how you put it, you just need to build up their excitement. Who else has a blimp? 4mil in one day? has a RP woodstock idea on the table? etc...

Long Shot?
· Ron Paul has finished 1st in 25 out of 46 straw polls and in the top 3 in 38 out of 46 straw polls
· Has raised 11.3 million thus far in the 4th quarter more than any other Republican candidate.
· Ron Paul campaign set a new record for Republican fundraising by raising Over $4.3 million in 24 hours
· RonPaul2008.com gets more unique visitors than all other Republican candidates
· Ron Paul has more MySpace, Facebook, YouTube and Meetup supporters than any other Republican candidate
o MySpace.com 85,000+ supporters
o Facebook.com 39,000+ supporters
o YouTube.com RonPaul2008dotcom 37,000+ Subscribers
o Meetup.com 85,000+ Members in 1,300+ Meetup Groups

How does a "long shot" candidate dominate all of these categories over the "top tier" candidates? If Giuliani, Romney, Huckabee, or Thompson are truly the frontrunners where is the evidence other than the mainstream media saying there polls show it as so.

vegetarianrpfan
12-13-2007, 12:10 AM
You can mention how the polls don't reflect his true support... the ones being polled are middle-aged, usually neocon, Republicans who have previously voted. Ron Paul has a more dedicated type of supporter who is younger, less likely to have a land line to be called in the first place, and those who are independent, Democrats, Libertarians or have never liked a candidate enough to vote before.

I'm guessing his true numbers in Iowa are twice what the polls say.
------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com