PDA

View Full Version : Kavanaugh is the swamp

dcliberty
10-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Kavanaugh is the swamp
https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/opinion/brett-kavanaugh-is-the-swamp/article_fe1e8f9a-c5b8-11e8-9cc5-3f480741a25d.html

dannno
10-02-2018, 08:07 PM
LOL, ya, and Dianne Feinstein is "the rebellion"

dcliberty
10-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Defending the government just gets tougher everyday.

https://truth-zone.net/forum/public-zone.html

r3volution 3.0
10-02-2018, 08:12 PM
A nice review of the policy problems with Kavanaugh (not as thrilling as sex, drugs, and farting, of course, but of some import):

https://fee.org/articles/the-constitutional-reasons-to-oppose-kavanaugh-for-the-supreme-court/

After two days of political theater, the Senate Judiciary Committee agreed to delay the vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court for a week. In that time, the FBI will conduct an investigation surrounding the allegations made against him by Christine Blasey Ford.
And the real losers, unfortunately, are the American people, who are being diligently distracted from Kavanaugh’s actual policy record.

By now, no one is a stranger to the claims of sexual assault that have been levied against Judge Kavanaugh. In fact, the entire country has been so wrapped up in this case, it is hard to determine what is fact and what is simply partisan politics rearing its ugly head. And between Cory Booker’s lengthy monologue that sounded more like a campaign stump speech than anything else and Lindsey Graham’s unexpected passionate rant, it is clear that both sides are putting way too much stake on the outcome of these hearings. And the real losers, unfortunately, are the American people, who are being diligently distracted from Kavanaugh’s actual policy record.

To be sure, claims of sexual misconduct should certainly be brought to the public’s attention, especially when they involve a nominee for a position as powerful as a Supreme Court Justice. And in the #metoo era, failing to take these allegations seriously would be most unwise. But losing ourselves in this political circus and the subsequent media frenzy surrounding Kavanaugh’s sexual past glosses over another aspect of his professional career that should concern every single individual: his promotion of the national security state.

It goes on to discuss Kavanaugh's connections with the PATRIOT Act, torture, the enemy combatant designation, and warrantless spying.

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2018, 08:19 PM
A nice review of the policy problems with Kavanaugh (not as thrilling as sex, drugs, and farting, of course, but of some import):

https://fee.org/articles/the-constitutional-reasons-to-oppose-kavanaugh-for-the-supreme-court/

It goes on to discuss Kavanaugh's connections with the PATRIOT Act, torture, the enemy combatant designation, and warrantless spying.

And the real losers, unfortunately, are the American people, who are being diligently distracted from Kavanaugh’s actual policy record.

And in this reality TV drama that they are now engaged in, who is playing the role of “opposition” yet still ignoring his record and not honestly opposing Kavanaugh?

r3volution 3.0
10-02-2018, 08:26 PM
From the cited article, two of the more important issues:

Re the PATRIOT Act

One of the most egregious acts perpetrated against the American people at this time was the PATRIOT Act. And one of its greatest supporters was Brett Kavanaugh.

According to the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), which filed a Freedom of Information Act Request for Kavanaugh’s official government correspondence records from this era, the Supreme Court Justice nominee referred to the PATRIOT Act as a "measured, careful, responsible, and constitutional approach” in an email sent to a colleague. Anyone who knows anything about the PATRIOT Act knows that “constitutional” and “careful” are by no means accurate descriptions. The PATRIOT Act obliterated the Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights to privacy and due process by giving the federal government sweeping new powers to conduct surveillance on the American people.

Re warrantless surveillance

in a ruling in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, Kavanaugh ruled that “the Government’s metadata collection program is entirely consistent with the Fourth Amendment.” He also later stated that “that critical national security need outweighs the impact on privacy occasioned by this program.” Again, a rather odd conclusion for a staunch “constitutionalist” to support.

And in this reality TV drama that they are now engaged in, who is playing the role of “opposition” yet still ignoring his record and not honestly opposing Kavanaugh?

It's obvious that neither party is interested in protecting civil liberties.

This, like most political fights, has nothing to do with those (or any) principles.

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2018, 08:30 PM
It's obvious that neither party is interested in protecting civil liberties.

This, like most political fights, has nothing to do with those (or any) principles.

If Hillary had appointed Kavanaugh, at least we would have sustained principled opposition from Rand and probably Mike Lee.

And the Senate would approve him 98-2...

Ender
10-02-2018, 08:32 PM

The whole purpose of this fruhaha is to get everyone fighting & forgetting about such minor things as the Patriot Act or the 4th Amendment.

r3volution 3.0
10-02-2018, 08:34 PM
If Hillary had appointed Kavanaugh, at least we would have sustained principled opposition from Rand and probably Mike Lee.

And the Senate would approve him 98-2...

Yup, disappointed in Rand on this.

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2018, 08:39 PM
The whole purpose of this fruhaha is to get everyone fighting & forgetting about such minor things as the Patriot Act or the 4th Amendment.

I’d say that the left seriously wants to protect the welfare state from a Judge that might rule against them, as Roberts should have done with Obamacare. Both sides want to protect the surveillance state, with Republicans (the right) more interested in using it against foreigners, and the Democrats (left) more interested in using it domestically against political opposition.

Some Democrats have principled opposition to the warfare state, but it’s about as small as the true liberty/Constitution supporters in the GOP. In other words, not enough significant true opposition to the warfare state.

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Yup, disappointed in Rand on this.

He has little choice on the actual vote. He expressed his true opposition right at the start, but if he wants to continue to influence Trump, he can’t (and shouldn’t) join the Flakes. All downside, no upside.

r3volution 3.0
10-02-2018, 08:53 PM
He has little choice on the actual vote. He expressed his true opposition right at the start, but if he wants to continue to influence Trump, he can’t (and shouldn’t) join the Flakes. All downside, no upside.

He has no significant influence over Trump to begin with.

Jamesiv1
10-02-2018, 09:03 PM
This thread is of displeasure to the MAGA. Please dispose of it.

Swordsmyth
10-02-2018, 09:09 PM
He has no significant influence over Trump to begin with.
:rolleyes:

r3volution 3.0
10-02-2018, 09:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Feel free to give an example

Swordsmyth
10-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Feel free to give an example

They have been given to you before.

r3volution 3.0
10-02-2018, 09:25 PM
They have been given to you before.

Oh

timosman
10-02-2018, 11:10 PM
Oh

Stop wasting space.

RJ Liberty
10-02-2018, 11:23 PM

I suspect that is the case. By focusing on a rape that may or may not have happened in 1982, the kangaroo court can distract the public from pesky little issues like Kavanaugh's record as a long-time Bush/Cheney crony and one of the main architects of the so-called "Patriot" Act.

They've been so successful, in fact, that even long-time RPF members are openly defending this piece of shit.

timosman
10-02-2018, 11:27 PM
They've been so successful, in fact, that even long-time RPF members are openly defending this piece of shit.

Your strategic advice will not be needed for a while. Why don't you go back to your room and play with your toys? :D

RJ Liberty
10-02-2018, 11:38 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/7e6fc8790b95dab887bbebaeff2df387/5C535399/t51.2885-15/e35/42604595_734680763548461_404596645249339753_n.jpg

Swordsmyth
10-02-2018, 11:44 PM
I suspect that is the case. By focusing on a rape that may or may not have happened in 1982, the kangaroo court can distract the public from pesky little issues like Kavanaugh's record as a long-time Bush/Cheney crony and one of the main architects of the so-called "Patriot" Act.

They've been so successful, in fact, that even long-time RPF members are openly defending this piece of $#@!.
How is it that you can't understand that it is possible to defend him against the false rape charges without defending him about everything else?

timosman
10-02-2018, 11:55 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/7e6fc8790b95dab887bbebaeff2df387/5C535399/t51.2885-15/e35/42604595_734680763548461_404596645249339753_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYx5LILl34

RJ Liberty
10-03-2018, 01:03 AM
How is it that you can't understand that it is possible to defend him against the false rape charges without defending him about everything else?

I think you pick your battles, and in this instance, I think a portion of RPF has picked the wrong battle, obscuring what really matters.

I asked the other day: if it were Dick Cheney being accused of rape, would you defend him? The answer I got is yes, because he didn't rape anyone. But Cheney's actions, with the false pretense Iraq War, did cause the rape of thousands of women in Iraq, including Abeer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_rape_and_killings). Iraq is unquestionably worse off than when Saddam Hussein controlled it, as are Libya and other "liberated", "regime changed" countries, where mob rule is the only rule of law. The masterminds of the "War on Terror" must pay.

"But Kavanaugh didn't rape anyone!" you'll say. But it's wasted protest. No one outside of RPF will even see the defense, and most of the SJW crowd isn't reading RPF.

"But if we let this happen, it will set a precedent, and the Left's attacks will continue!" you'll say. But even if you defend Kavanaugh from rape charges on RPF, the Left's attacks will continue. It's not a precedent, it's a way of life for SJWs. Defending him on RPF is wasted effort on scum who rightly belong behind bars.

There are 100,000 classified documents on Kavanaugh's tenure in the MIC (https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/01/politics/trump-kavanaugh-bush-supreme-court-documents/index.html). These documents are protected by "constitutional privilege", according to the DOJ. Which just means they would be a PR nightmare for the DOJ and the Executive Branch if they were released to the public. OP is right: Kavanaugh is the swamp.

"But if he isn't confirmed, we could get someone worse!" Worse than a member of Bush and Cheney's terrorist org? Hardly.

Amy Coney Barrett would be the ideal choice for SCOTUS; even though the Left would attack her, no-one's going to accuse her of rape, and she's a constitutionalist who (as far as I know) never got involved in NeoCon Bush/Cheney shit.

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:06 AM
I think you pick your battles, and in this instance, I think a portion of RPF has picked the wrong battle, obscuring what really matters.

I asked the other day: if it were Dick Cheney being accused of rape, would you defend him? The answer I got is yes, because he didn't rape anyone. But Cheney's actions, with the false pretense Iraq War, did cause the rape of thousands of women in Iraq, including Abeer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_rape_and_killings). Iraq is unquestionably worse off than when Saddam Hussein controlled it, as are Libya and other "liberated", "regime changed" countries, where mob rule is the only rule of law. The masterminds of the "War on Terror" must pay.

"But Kavanaugh didn't rape anyone!" you'll say. But it's wasted protest. No one outside of RPF will even see the defense, and most of the SJW crowd isn't reading RPF.

"But if we let this happen, it will set a precedent, and the Left's attacks will continue!" you'll say. But even if you defend Kavanaugh from rape charges on RPF, the Left's attacks will continue. It's not a precedent, it's a way of life for SJWs. Defending him on RPF is wasted effort on scum who rightly belong behind bars.

There are 100,000 classified documents on Kavanaugh's tenure in the MIC (https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/01/politics/trump-kavanaugh-bush-supreme-court-documents/index.html). These documents are protected by "constitutional privilege", according to the DOJ. Which just means they would be a PR nightmare for the DOJ and the Executive Branch if they were released to the public. OP is right: Kavanaugh is the swamp.

"But if he isn't confirmed, we could get someone worse!" Worse than a member of Bush and Cheney's terrorist org? Hardly.

Amy Coney Barrett would be the ideal choice; even though the Left would attack her, no-one's going to accuse her of rape, and she's a constitutionalist who (as far as I know) never got involved in NeoCon Bush/Cheney $#@!.
There are many much worse judges than Kavanaugh and just how do you expect to get Trump to withdraw his nomination and give us Lee or Barrett by posting here?

timosman
10-03-2018, 01:10 AM
There are many much worse judges than Kavanaugh and just how do you expect to get Trump to withdraw his nomination and give us Lee or Barrett by posting here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al20AFLf4n8

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al20AFLf4n8

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/DREybqaXfcEZG3q9jAaH4A--~B/Zmk9c3RyaW07aD0yMTQ7cHlvZmY9MDtxPTgwO3c9MzgwO3NtPT E7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/homerun/engadget_479/cc9066f55462cccbc5a7404c304ab09d

RJ Liberty
10-03-2018, 01:12 AM

"Many worse judges" than the guy who stripped away the 4th Amendment?

And I don't expect to get Trump to withdraw his nomination by posting here. I hope to get at least one RPF member to stop posting silly defenses of someone who has no defense, and who rightly belongs behind bars for his collusion against the American people.

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:20 AM
"Many worse judges" than the guy who stripped away the 4th Amendment?
Yes, there are many judges that would shred the entire Constitution and every amendment.

And I don't expect to get Trump to withdraw his nomination by posting here. I hope to get at least one RPF member to stop posting silly defenses of someone who has no defense, and who rightly belongs behind bars for his collusion against the American people.
He has defenses against these charges and the only way you will get me to stop is by proving he is guilty.

RJ Liberty
10-03-2018, 01:21 AM
Yes, there are many judges that would shred the entire Constitution and every amendment.

Do you think Trump would nominate one of them?

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:26 AM
Do you think Trump would nominate one of them?
Most of the judges on his short list were worse than Kavanaugh.

RJ Liberty
10-03-2018, 01:45 AM

That wasn't my question. My question was: Do you think Trump would nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment"?

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:55 AM
That wasn't my question. My question was: Do you think Trump would nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment"?
It's possible, some of the judges on his short list might do that and if the Demoncrats win this fight he might end up picking one that isn't on his short list just to get one confirmed that is no worse than Kennedy. (Kennedy was quite happy to shred any part of the Constitution if it was in the way of the outcome he wanted)

I hope that if Kavanaugh fails Trump will pick Barrett or Lee but there is no guarantee of that.

And no matter what happens I will continue to point out the vile tactics of the Demoncrats in this nomination fight, they should be using the Patriot Act and the 4thA against him even if they don't really care about them but they don't want people even thinking about them and they want to set the precedent that all men arre guilty until proven innocent.

A Son of Liberty
10-03-2018, 02:37 AM
Stop wasting space.

"Stop wasting space" - at RP-Mother Fucking-F's - by pointing out that the nominee is literally an enemy of the 4th amendment, civil liberties, and freedom in general? Really?

I think we all get it. "It's possible to oppose the tactics without supporting the nominee". In fact I agree. I'm of the same mind. But that's not the space that is being taken here. What space is being occupied here is an attempt to keep so called libertarians' eyes on the prize - yes, the tactics are despicable, and the railroading is obvious. WE as libertarians should both oppose the Democrats efforts while also opposing the nomination on the grounds that the man is being miscast as a "Constitutionalist". He's no such thing, and his taking a seat on the SC will only secure yet ANOTHER vote against of freedom.

You're the waste of space.

vita3
10-03-2018, 06:19 AM
Clinton's behind this smear job & phoney Dr.Ford

PAF
10-03-2018, 06:46 AM
Political theater.

Better, or worse, than Kavanaugh...

If Kavanaugh does win, it will be because the American people are not quite ready for complete abandonment of the Constitution at this particular point and time. It will continue to be shred slowly, but surely.

If he does not win, another will, and will proceed down the same path, perhaps sooner rather than later.

Freedom and liberty comes from within, not politicians or judges who can't even abide by the flawed Constitution that we have.

So the media plays the dog and pony show but never discusses the facts, or what freedom is or has been lost.

But they DO use situations just like this to gauge the American people, their lack of intellect, and their tolerance.

specsaregood
10-03-2018, 06:58 AM

Well that would certainly make the ancaps around here happy.

PAF
10-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Well that would certainly make the ancaps around here happy.

I consider myself an AnCap. But I do believe that we must return to the Constitution (restraint on govt) as a starting point and then address the pitfalls after. Many folks in this day and age don't even know the natural list of ten, let alone the rest which actually enslaves them.

specsaregood
10-03-2018, 07:24 AM
I consider myself an AnCap. But I do believe that we must return to the Constitution (restraint on govt) as a starting point and then address the pitfalls after. Many folks in this day and age don't even know the natural list of ten, let alone the rest which actually enslaves them.

That seems like a strange username for an AnCap.

PAF
10-03-2018, 07:27 AM
That seems like a strange username for an AnCap.

See, people CAN awaken to the truth :-) Me be proof :-)

Ender
10-03-2018, 08:35 AM
"Stop wasting space" - at RP-Mother $#@!ing-F's - by pointing out that the nominee is literally an enemy of the 4th amendment, civil liberties, and freedom in general? Really?

I think we all get it. "It's possible to oppose the tactics without supporting the nominee". In fact I agree. I'm of the same mind. But that's not the space that is being taken here. What space is being occupied here is an attempt to keep so called libertarians' eyes on the prize - yes, the tactics are despicable, and the railroading is obvious. WE as libertarians should both oppose the Democrats efforts while also opposing the nomination on the grounds that the man is being miscast as a "Constitutionalist". He's no such thing, and his taking a seat on the SC will only secure yet ANOTHER vote against of freedom.

You're the waste of space.

^^^YES!!!^^^

And thank you!!!

I've been called all sortsa names for saying this.

gaazn
10-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Trump sabotaging his nominee. He can't get him to withdraw without looking bad. That's why he really wants to push a vote asap, so that Kavanaugh will get rejected, Trump gets to rally the base for more talking points against his political enemies, and then he can pick Hardiman. Kavanaugh was the one with the most baggage from the get-go.

timosman
10-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Trump sabotaging his nominee. He can't get him to withdraw without looking bad. That's why he really wants to push a vote asap, so that Kavanaugh will get rejected, Trump gets to rally the base for more talking points against his political enemies, and then he can pick Hardiman. Kavanaugh was the one with the most baggage from the get-go.

Trump is no longer sabotaging Kavanaugh. He must be surprised by DNC's ineptitude - turn's out Brett, even with all his flaws turned out to be a too strong of a candidate. Next time he will be picking somebody like Harriet Miers to test the level of support. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH84mYqIgh4

Brian4Liberty
10-03-2018, 10:00 AM

One of the problems is that the issues surrounding each potential pick generally don’t come out until after the POTUS makes the announcement. Too late then.

PierzStyx
10-03-2018, 12:22 PM
There are many much worse judges than Kavanaugh

And suddenly the truth is revealed.

These Republican Bootlickers have been constantly whining about their not actually supporting Kavanaugh's record, merely that they believe he is falsely accused. But here we have reality on full display.

Here we have a prime Progressive talking about how he believes a judge who supports government spying on the American public, government searches and seizures without a warrant, that has repeatedly sided with the Deep State in defending the CIA and NSA against any Freedom of Information Act requests that might reveal their wrong doing, that has repeatedly ignored laws in order to issue rulings base don his own political opinions instead of being guided by anything resembling the rule of law, that worked to defend the torture of prisoners in the Gitmo gulag, that worked to defend government agents who had tortured people repeatedly that gives not a single crap about the Constitution or civil rights apparently is one of the better judges.

The guy has shredded the Constitution at every level and you're on here defending him.

But of course you are. Progressives such as yourself mouth all the nice words about "small government" and "constitutional limitations" but your every action is to give your intellectual, emotional, physical, and economic support the the very people you claim to oppose, and you'll find any way you can to justify doing so. And you try and hide it, but every now and then you slip. As you did here.

Orwell was wrong. It isn't the boot stamping on a human face forever we have to worry about. It is a human licking the boot of his oppressors forever that should really worry us.

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 12:29 PM
And suddenly the truth is revealed.

These Republican Bootlickers have been constantly whining about their not actually supporting Kavanaugh's record, merely that they believe he is falsely accused. But here we have reality on full display.

Here we have a prime Progressive talking about how he believes a judge who supports government spying on the American public, government searches and seizures without a warrant, that has repeatedly sided with the Deep State in defending the CIA and NSA against any Freedom of Information Act requests that might reveal their wrong doing, that has repeatedly ignored laws in order to issue rulings base don his own political opinions instead of being guided by anything resembling the rule of law, that worked to defend the torture of prisoners in the Gitmo gulag, that worked to defend government agents who had tortured people repeatedly that gives not a single crap about the Constitution or civil rights apparently is one of the better judges.

The guy has shredded the Constitution at every level and you're on here defending him.

But of course you are. Progressives such as yourself mouth all the nice words about "small government" and "constitutional limitations" but your every action is to give your intellectual, emotional, physical, and economic support the the very people you claim to oppose, and you'll find any way you can to justify doing so. And you try and hide it, but every now and then you slip. As you did here.

Orwell was wrong. It isn't the boot stamping on a human face forever we have to worry about. It is a human licking the boot of his oppressors forever that should really worry us.
You have mental issues, how is it defending Kavanaugh to point out that there are even worse judges out there?

PierzStyx
10-03-2018, 12:34 PM
You have mental issues, how is it defending Kavanaugh to point out that there are even worse judges out there?

Best comeback you've got is an Ad hominem fallacy? I didn't expect your ability to form coherent retorts to fall so quickly into incoherent insults.

The best part is that you're the one defending a man who has slaughtered the Constitution, sided withe the Deep State, and defended the torture of people by the US government and I'm the one with mental problems?

What a joke.

Keep on licking those boots.

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Best comeback you've got is an Ad hominem fallacy? I didn't expect your ability to form coherent retorts to fall so quickly into incoherent insults.

The best part is that you're the one defending a man who has slaughtered the Constitution, sided withe the Deep State, and defended the torture of people by the US government and I'm the one with mental problems?

What a joke.

Keep on licking those boots.
You still can't explain how it is defending him to point out that there are even worse judges.

You just spew hate at anyone who actually wants to make progress towards liberty because you are a crypto-communist who is consumed with hate.

CaptUSA
10-03-2018, 12:39 PM

It's a typical fallacy game played by you folks. You justify the bad by pointing to something worse. "Oh, you have herpes? At least it's not syphilis!" Any rational person would be able to see the fallacy in those arguments - you can use them to justify ANYTHING! And you do. "At least it's not Hillary".

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 12:52 PM
It's a typical fallacy game played by you folks. You justify the bad by pointing to something worse. "Oh, you have herpes? At least it's not syphilis!" Any rational person would be able to see the fallacy in those arguments - you can use them to justify ANYTHING! And you do. "At least it's not Hillary".
It's not a fallacy, I don't control who Trump chooses for SCOTUS and if Kavanaugh goes down Trump might very well pick someone worse to get the moderates to confirm someone, if Kavanaugh goes down you had better pray the Republicans gain seats in the Senate this year.

CaptUSA
10-03-2018, 12:56 PM
It's not a fallacy...

SS in prison: "It could be worse, at least he lubed it up for me"

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:04 PM
SS in prison: "It could be worse, at least he lubed it up for me"

When you are ready to launch a shooting revolution let me know, until then I will concentrate on limiting damage and making what progress I can.

Also until then I will continue to hold people like you in contempt for accomplishing nothing and attacking those who actually do something.

RJ Liberty
10-03-2018, 01:04 PM
It's possible, some of the judges on his short list might do that and if the Demoncrats win this fight he might end up picking one that isn't on his short list just to get one confirmed that is no worse than Kennedy. (Kennedy was quite happy to shred any part of the Constitution if it was in the way of the outcome he wanted)

Thanks for the honest answer. I appreciate that.

I cannot understand how someone will support Trump while also stating they believe Trump could nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment".

CaptUSA
10-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Also until then I will continue to hold people like you in contempt for accomplishing nothing and attacking those who actually do something.

Lol - I'm sorry... What have you done?? Besides spouting off authoritarian nonsense on a liberty forum??

My activism in the liberty movement has never been in question. And I have results to back it up - you?

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the honest answer. I appreciate that.

I cannot understand how someone will support Trump while also stating they believe Trump could nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment".
My support for Trump is limited because he is better than any other president we have had in a very long time, he gave us Gorsuch and I hope that he will pick Lee/Barrett for future vacancies but if this attack succeeds and the Republicans don't gain seats in the Senate this year that isn't likely.

timosman
10-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Lol - I'm sorry... What have you done?? Besides spouting off authoritarian nonsense on a liberty forum??

My activism in the liberty movement has never been in question. And I have results to back it up - you?

Another pissing match. :cool:

A Son of Liberty
10-03-2018, 01:36 PM
You still can't explain how it is defending him to point out that there are even worse judges.

It is literally just that. By saying that 'there are worse judges out there than him' you're defending his nomination. You might have noticed, there are also better judges out there than him... judges who we 'libertarians' should be clamoring for at this point in the process... and not because BK may have cupped a drunken 15 year old tit 36 years ago, but because he is anti-freedom in many important ways.

To submit and go along because we could get worse it to cede uncontested ground. Before you know it you'll forget what it was you were fighting for... that is, if you were ever actually fighting for it...

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 01:40 PM
It is literally just that. By saying that 'there are worse judges out there than him' you're defending his nomination. You might have noticed, there are also better judges out there than him... judges who we 'libertarians' should be clamoring for at this point in the process... and not because BK may have cupped a drunken 15 year old tit 36 years ago, but because he is anti-freedom in many important ways.

To submit and go along because we could get worse it to cede uncontested ground. Before you know it you'll forget what it was you were fighting for... that is, if you were ever actually fighting for it...
So saying that 40% is more than 20% is saying that 40% is a majority?

I have always said I want someone better but I can't make Trump withdraw the nomination and I can't make him pick Lee.

A Son of Liberty
10-03-2018, 02:17 PM
So saying that 40% is more than 20% is saying that 40% is a majority?

I have always said I want someone better but I can't make Trump withdraw the nomination and I can't make him pick Lee.

You could also NOT advocate for him.

Is this difficult somehow? Or are you just being intentionally obtuse? Never mind, I think we know the answer...

Swordsmyth
10-03-2018, 02:27 PM
You could also NOT advocate for him.

Is this difficult somehow? Or are you just being intentionally obtuse? Never mind, I think we know the answer...

I'm NOT advocating for him, I'm attacking the Demoncrats.

A Son of Liberty
10-03-2018, 03:23 PM
I'm NOT advocating for him, I'm attacking the Demoncrats.

You'll break poor timo's heart with that admission, you know that?

Aratus
10-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Face it, Swordsmyth... The Trumpster rally the other day soured three GOP senators on
going the whole distance for what Senator Mitch wants out of life. It no longer feels like
a "done deal" at all. Brett Kavanaugh is a lousy choice on many levels, not just a few!!!

thoughtomator
10-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Face it, Sworssmyth... The Trumpster rally the other day soured three GOP senators on
going the whole distance for what Senator Mitch wants out of life. It no longer feels like
a "done deal" at all. Brett Kavanaugh is a lousy choice on many levels, not just a few!!!

It's a done deal. The hoax is blowing up and now all the Senators have the report. I wouldn't be surprised if a dozen Democratic votes or more shift to save face.

Given that that is the case, let us pray that this event has given Kavanaugh a new appreciation for the 4th Amendment moving forward.

It is a better outcome than the alternative and at worst continues a status quo.

r3volution 3.0
10-03-2018, 10:44 PM
It's a done deal. The hoax is blowing up and now all the Senators have the report. I wouldn't be surprised if a dozen Democratic votes or more shift to save face.

Given that that is the case, let us pray that this event has given Kavanaugh a new appreciation for the 4th Amendment moving forward.

It is a better outcome than the alternative and at worst continues a status quo.

We could pray...

...or, we could oppose (or at least not actively support) people who think we can be imprisoned forever without trial.

timosman
10-03-2018, 10:48 PM
We could pray...

...or, we could oppose (or at least not actively support) people who think we can be imprisoned forever without trial.

I am afraid your analysis of the situation is incomplete. But you already knew that. :tears:

thoughtomator
10-03-2018, 10:53 PM
We could pray...

It's opposition to the hardline Communists on the Democratic side, not support for Kavanaugh. They are orders of magnitude more dangerous to us, and that they could orchestrate a hoax with such audacity and fool so many should convince you beyond a reasonable doubt that that is the case.

This is an all-in battle for survival against the permanent domination of progressive oligarchy, and anyone who assists in that objective is an ally.

timosman
10-03-2018, 10:56 PM
It's opposition to the hardline Communists on the Democratic side, not support for Kavanaugh. They are orders of magnitude more dangerous to us, and that they could orchestrate a hoax with such audacity and fool so many should convince you beyond a reasonable doubt that that is the case.

This is an all-in battle for survival against the permanent domination of progressive oligarchy, and anyone who assists in that objective is an ally.

I hope the dummy gets it. :cool:

Aratus
10-03-2018, 11:02 PM
Kavanaugh is THE SWAMP.

r3volution 3.0
10-03-2018, 11:04 PM

Yea, they might imprison us for life without trial, and also bankrupt the country with trillion dollar deficits.

...wait

thoughtomator
10-03-2018, 11:08 PM
Yea, they might imprison us for life without trial, and also bankrupt the country with trillion dollar deficits.

...wait

They intend to either starve you to death or shoot you to death. And not just a handful of people either, but by the tens of millions.

r3volution 3.0
10-03-2018, 11:16 PM
They intend to either starve you to death or shoot you to death. And not just a handful of people either, but by the tens of millions.

Yes, left to your own devices, I have no doubt that you socialists will work to give us liberals 'republican weddings,' just like last time.

thoughtomator
10-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Yes, left to your own devices, I have no doubt that you socialists will work to give us liberals 'republican weddings,' just like last time.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot how relentlessly dishonest you are. Back on ignore you go.

r3volution 3.0
10-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Oh I'm sorry I forgot how relentlessly dishonest you are. Back on ignore you go.

O, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to trigger you.

Please, go ahead and rampage all over civilization spreading your delightful culture-right socialism.

My heart is light, because I know how that ends (not with culture-right socialism...).

CCTelander
10-04-2018, 07:12 AM
^^^YES!!!^^^

And thank you!!!

I've been called all sortsa names for saying this.

Isn't it funny (in a sad, pathetic, disheartening sort of way) that it's the people who are constantly advocating policies that actually are socialistic who repeatedly accuse those of us that retain fealty to the principles of liberty of being "leftists," "progressives" and/or "communists"? Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the so-called "liberty movement," 2018 edition.

CaptUSA
10-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Isn't it funny (in a sad, pathetic, disheartening sort of way) that it's the people who are constantly advocating policies that actually are socialistic who repeatedly accuse those of us that retain fealty to the principles of liberty of being "leftists," "progressives" and/or "communists"? Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the so-called "liberty movement," 2018 edition.

Par for the course, really... Every time someone is opposed to the principles of liberty, they label us with a pejorative that suits their cognitive dissonance. I've been a "lefty", a "communist", a "fascist", a "right-wing lunatic", a "left-wing tree-hugger"... the list goes on and on. But that's their problem; not mine.

CCTelander
10-04-2018, 07:54 AM
Par for the course, really... Every time someone is opposed to the principles of liberty, they label us with a pejorative that suits their cognitive dissonance. I've been a "lefty", a "communist", a "fascist", a "right-wing lunatic", a "left-wing tree-hugger"... the list goes on and on. But that's their problem; not mine.

Yeah, I know. The "left" calls one a fascist or a right-wing extremist. The "right" labels one a leftist or commie. It's always been that way. However, even though I always knew better, I allowed myself to hope that at least around here, in what was once a hotbed of radical liberty activism and discussion, with people who should be above such things, that it would be different, that people would be more mature and intelligent. Sadly, a forlorn hope.

shakey1
10-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Kavanaugh is THE SWAMP.

http://img10.deviantart.net/0610/i/2009/258/e/2/swamp_giant_by_vaghauk.jpg

shakey1
10-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I know. The "left" calls one a fascist or a right-wing extremist. The "right" labels one a leftist or commie. It's always been that way. However, even though I always knew better, I allowed myself to hope that at least around here, in what was once a hotbed of radical liberty activism and discussion, with people who should be above such things, that it would be different, that people would be more mature and intelligent. Sadly, a forlorn hope.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/46/51/03/4651031e199584e15518435378568b8a.jpg

AuH20
10-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Yes, he's the swamp, but he's likely to author some productive rulings. Focus on what you can control.

timosman
10-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Yes, he's the swamp, but he's likely to author some productive rulings. Focus on what you can control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

Ender
10-04-2018, 08:48 AM

Yep. And I've been called all the above plus muslim/progressive/SJW..... the list goes on... :upsidedown:

devil21
10-04-2018, 12:30 PM
I found the most entertaining reading to be about Kavanaugh's connections to whitewashing the Vince Foster murder.

You mean to tell me that Donald Trump's pick for SCOTUS went to great lengths to silence witnesses that would have implicated the CLINTONS in the murder of Vince Foster? Say it ain't so! His effort there springboarded his career from there after.

homahr
10-04-2018, 12:39 PM
You mean to tell me that Donald Trump's pick for SCOTUS went to great lengths to silence witnesses that would have implicated the CLINTONS in the murder of Vince Foster? Say it ain't so! His effort there springboarded his career from there after.

I thought Trump was gonna put the Clintons in jail? It didn't happen?

bunklocoempire
10-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Someone chose the battlefield, and someone gave a list on a 3 x 5 card of allowable tactics.
And the 4th amendment is AGAIN ignored.

The Deep State are totally Sun Tzu-sing it, and the marks are oblivious and frightened. Or perhaps they are not marks.

A thought-
When an RPF poster mentions something that frightens themself, they could preface it with:

"I know no one gets out alive, but this is why you should be afraid and attack democrats, like I am afraid..."

It's how I read any fear post, anyway.

RonZeplin
10-04-2018, 11:15 PM
President Slick Willie thanks Brett Kavinaugh, aboard Air Force One

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/SfKKZqHR5XzKJd73sRPOyQ--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/homerun/the_telegraph_818/01fe30f5428ee173e3df8038e7f46cc3

Thanks Brett for covering up Hillary's busting a cap on Vince Foster. RIP.