PDA

View Full Version : Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas

Itsback
10-02-2018, 01:25 AM
If American tech workers do not work on computer programming jobs for 10 to 15 years, how will they gain real-life experience and innovation knowledge of the computer and technology field.

Donald Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas

Read more.. https://dangerousmother.com (https://dangerousmother.com/trumpvisa.html)

Swordsmyth
10-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Do It!

oyarde
10-02-2018, 12:44 PM
I have never seen a reason for them in the first place . If you scrap them you can revisit it later and see if they are needed .

thoughtomator
10-02-2018, 02:43 PM
I've been waiting for this to happen ever since the first wave of replacing American workers (perversely forcing Americans to train their replacements in the process) with them.

homahr
10-02-2018, 02:50 PM
The company I worked for outsourced all IT operations to India. There were also plenty of Indian-Americans there who lost their jobs to their fellow Indian nationals back in their own country. :tears:

Itsback
10-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Donald Trump had said many things in 2016.

Itsback
10-09-2018, 05:39 PM
I've been waiting for this to happen ever since the first wave of replacing American workers (perversely forcing Americans to train their replacements in the process) with them.

MAGA = Make America Great Again

enhanced_deficit
10-09-2018, 09:58 PM

The Deciderer in Chief has decided to change his mind again.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article193665104.html

Is this confirmed?

Un-Related

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_NAgTjbdB_rk6u9oyiGZiLQEnA99lN JnkQksWEQyXQ4_uS42dV4cr46qhbz5v2nh85xFW9x5UiQ (http://thehill.com/homenews/media/370633-breitbart-labels-trump-amnesty-don-over-daca-plans)
Breitbart labels Trump 'Amnesty Don' over DACA plans (http://thehill.com/homenews/media/370633-breitbart-labels-trump-amnesty-don-over-daca-plans)
The Hill 18m ago

Itsback
10-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Today Donald trump said "Chinese have lived too well too long" defending his tariffs on Chinese goods and products.

Who's next ??

Swordsmyth
10-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Today Donald trump said "Chinese have lived too well too long" defending his tariffs on Chinese goods and products.
Considering they have built their prosperity on theft and cheating I don't see how DJTvsg is wrong.

Madison320
10-11-2018, 02:43 PM
If American tech workers do not work on computer programming jobs for 10 to 15 years, how will they gain real-life experience and innovation knowledge of the computer and technology field.

Donald Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas

Read more.. http://dangerousmother.com (http://dangerousmother.com/trumpvisa.html)

The flaw in that theory is that those companies will have to go out of business or relocate to another country.

Swordsmyth
10-11-2018, 02:48 PM
The flaw in that theory is that those companies will have to go out of business or relocate to another country.

LOL

Madison320
10-11-2018, 03:34 PM
LOL

What's funny about basic math? Hint: Revenue - expenses.

Swordsmyth
10-11-2018, 03:37 PM
What's funny about basic math? Hint: Revenue - expenses.
What's funny is the idea that American businesses can't turn a profit without outsourcing or importing slave labor.

Madison320
10-11-2018, 03:44 PM
What's funny is the idea that American businesses can't turn a profit without outsourcing or importing slave labor.

They're having trouble turning a profit now! That's why we have to have interest rates near 0% and we have to borrow a trillion a year. Obviously not all businesses will fail. Just the ones that have a high percentage of H1Bs. It's the same math as raising the minimum wage.

Swordsmyth
10-11-2018, 03:48 PM
They're having trouble turning a profit now! That's why we have to have interest rates near 0% and we have to borrow a trillion a year. Obviously not all businesses will fail. Just the ones that have a high percentage of H1Bs. It's the same math as raising the minimum wage.
H1Bs are very much like ZIRP, they are a crutch to support other problems and they are bad.

TheCount
10-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Does this mean that he's not planning on a 4th divorce?

Itsback
10-13-2018, 08:28 PM
H1Bs are very much like ZIRP, they are a crutch to support other problems and they are bad.

Russians, Chinese, Europeans also have the best technology for computers. They must be good at computer programming

Swordsmyth
10-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Russians, Chinese, Europeans also have the best technology for computers. They must be good at computer programming

That's nice for them.

AZJoe
10-13-2018, 09:15 PM

Yup. Killing H1Bs would kill competitiveness for many US companies. They'd be forced to relocate or outsource overseas. It would be damaging to U.S.
Even with the H1B, U.S. tech still suffers from a dearth of available tech competent American workers - Chemistry, physics, engineering.
H1Bs are not undercutting U.S. workers. In fact the skills and work ethics of H1B workers are so desirable that they are earning more than equivalent U.S. workers , not even counting the additional costs for relocation and legal work for the visa processing.
Walk into any post graduate tech and science programs in the U.S. Universities or even many just bachelor engineering programs. You'll witness them dominated by foreign students. They can't even recruit enough Americans into the programs. U.S. students are far more interested in majoring in political science, communication, marketing, humanities, business, management, sociology, psychology, history, English, general studies, liberal arts, criminal justice, etc.
U.S. students en masse are not interested in pursuing demanding tech degrees. Overwhelmingly U.S. high school students lack the necessary science and mathematics to succeed in such programs. Very few high school graduates have even been exposed to any proficient level of calculus. Most lack any math proficiency beyond rudimentary algebra skills.
U.S. culture programs its youth that other endeavors are far more important and desirable like sports, music, entertainment, virtue signalling, social statusing, protesting, getting triggered,
We are not talking about unskilled, uneducated, unvetted illegal immigrants here. We are talking about the ability to be able to recruit from the best talent from what the entire world can produce. That is an amazing competitive advantage.
If anything, to make America greater, Trump should raise the cap on H1B visa.
Fortunately , Trump won't scrap the H1B. He can't, as Congress write the laws. Even if he had the power he wouldn't, despite all the bluster.

Itsback
10-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Yup. Killing H1Bs would kill competitiveness for many US companies. They'd be forced to relocate or outsource overseas. It would be damaging to U.S.

Russians and Europeans must also get jobs on H1-B visas.

Origanalist
10-15-2018, 08:37 PM

So you're for a minimum wage?

Swordsmyth
10-15-2018, 08:41 PM
So you're for a minimum wage?
No.

jmdrake
10-15-2018, 09:21 PM
The company I worked for outsourced all IT operations to India. There were also plenty of Indian-Americans there who lost their jobs to their fellow Indian nationals back in their own country. :tears:

Expect a lot more of that now. And outsourcing to Canada. (Canada is welcoming the H1B visa holders).

Origanalist
10-15-2018, 09:41 PM
No.

Have you ever run a business?

Swordsmyth
10-15-2018, 09:46 PM
Have you ever run a business?
I have helped run the family business.

Origanalist
10-15-2018, 09:54 PM

Well ok, I have run my own business. So you're aware of unions, government mandates and the obstacles our government presents? Also, how was your experience in hiring and training new employees?

Swordsmyth
10-15-2018, 10:01 PM
Well ok, I have run my own business. So you're aware of unions, government mandates and the obstacles our government presents?
Yes, painfully aware.

Also, how was your experience in hiring and training new employees?
Generally good but there were a few losers.

Itsback
10-16-2018, 12:14 AM
The company I worked for outsourced all IT operations to India. There were also plenty of Indian-Americans there who lost their jobs to theirfellow Indian nationals back in their own country. :tears:

American tech/IT workers must work for $10,000/month. That is better than unemployment. Tomatoes are $3/kilo (cost of living) for everybody in USA.

nikcers
10-16-2018, 01:02 AM

I think programming wasn't attractive for a lot of Americans because of our culture. There wasn't really any sort of a shift until movies like Matrix and TV shows like the Big Bang Theory. Even When Matrix came out Keanu Reeves paid the CGI team money out of his own pocket because he said they were the ones who made the movie good. Now we have people playing video games on ESPN and the biggest blockbuster movies are from comic books. Before nerds were cool comic book franchises were paying movie studios to make movies for their comics that they wouldn't even sell because they didn't want to lose the rights to their intellectual property.

devil21
10-16-2018, 01:39 AM
Fwiw, I've heard from very reliable sources that visas for foreign born workers are becoming harder to obtain. Whether that applies to the multi-nationals/Silicon Valley also, as opposed to being only a problem for smallish biz, I don't know. I'd guess the big boys aren't hampered but that's supposition.

Itsback
10-16-2018, 09:17 AM
132 users now. What happened ??

Itsback
10-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Indian IT companies must open offices/work in Africa. Export worldwide. Africa is close by and Indian currency is stronger than African currencies.

Just as Indian IT companies have Indian workers in USA, they will have Indian workers in Africa. Why USA all the time ??

jmdrake
10-16-2018, 01:59 PM

Which is why blocking H1B visas is stupid. IT is the industry that it is the easiest to outsource to another country.

Indian IT companies must open offices/work in Africa. Export worldwide. Africa is close by and Indian currency is stronger than African currencies.

Just as Indian IT companies have Indian workers in USA, they will have Indian workers in Africa. Why USA all the time ??

Many Indian IT professionals are now going to Canada and Toronto's tech sector is booming.

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527472-200-Increase-in-Canadian-H-1B-Visas

Banning H1B visas is an monumentally stupid idea.

timosman
10-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Which is why blocking H1B visas is stupid. IT is the industry that it is the easiest to outsource to another country.

Many Indian IT professionals are now going to Canada and Toronto's tech sector is booming.

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527472-200-Increase-in-Canadian-H-1B-Visas

Banning H1B visas is an monumentally stupid idea.

https://i.imgur.com/ZhKCUOa.gif

Madison320
10-16-2018, 02:49 PM

Which makes no sense because this is the second time you've insinuated that productions costs are meaningless. The other time was in regards to tariffs.

Swordsmyth
10-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Which makes no sense because this is the second time you've insinuated that productions costs are meaningless. The other time was in regards to tariffs.
I didn't say they were meaningless, I said that outsourcing and importing slave labor were crutches used to support other problems and that they were bad just like the other problems they were supporting.

specsaregood
10-16-2018, 03:02 PM

Do you have a lot of experience managing or being involved in IT projects outsourced to another country? I do, as I get a lot of work from such projects gone bad.

jmdrake
10-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Do you have a lot of experience managing or being involved in IT projects outsourced to another country? I do, as I get a lot of work from such projects gone bad.

That's good. Always happy to see a programmer employed. I have not outsourced or managed an outsourced project. I have known people that do. These were people with no programming experience of their own who would hunt down projects that needed workers and would offshore them. Maybe these are the people keeping you employed. :) I have worked on the same team as an H1B visa holder and he was just as competent and westernized as anyone else. In computer science graduate school most of my colleagues were from China, Japan, India and Pakistan. (There may have been some other Asian countries in the mix but forgive me for not being able to distinguish all the ethnicities.) The real problem is our own broken education system. But that's a whole different thread.

Itsback
10-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Many Indian IT professionals are now going to Canada and Toronto's tech sector is booming. Banning H1B visas is an monumentally stupid idea.

When 75% of employees in Indian IT companies are from India they can set up their offices in Africa also. Africans are good at English and I spoke to a computer programmer in Africa. Why USA all the time ??

specsaregood
10-16-2018, 06:39 PM
That's good. Always happy to see a programmer employed. I have not outsourced or managed an outsourced project. I have known people that do. These were people with no programming experience of their own who would hunt down projects that needed workers and would offshore them. Maybe these are the people keeping you employed. :)

It just bugs me when people claim that something is "easy" when they have no real experience. If outsourcing the work to another country was "easy" or successful, then we wouldn't really need many of those of those H1-Bs anyways -- why not pay them the much lower rate to stay in their home country? I know when I outsource work (to americans) I generally target people in states with a lower cost of living; as you get more for your money.

Itsback
10-16-2018, 08:04 PM
It just bugs me when people claim that something is "easy" when they have no real experience. If outsourcing the work to another country was "easy" or successful, then we wouldn't really need many of those of those H1-Bs anyways -- why not pay them the much lower rate to stay in their home country? I know when I outsource work (to americans) I generally target people in states with a lower cost of living; as you get more for your money.

It needs some $1 million for business migration to United States of America [start some business in USA] and the validity for single visa is 5 to 7 years only. But job takers reach USA easily. It is not easy to earn $1 million by age 30.

TheCount
10-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Anti-immigration types: We need a merit-based immigration policy

Also anti-immigration types: Let's get rid of our merit-based work visa

timosman
10-16-2018, 09:51 PM

Define merit. :D

Swordsmyth
10-16-2018, 09:52 PM

H1B visas are not designed well, they help employers abuse the recipients.

jmdrake
10-16-2018, 10:02 PM
When 75% of employees in Indian IT companies are from India they can set up their offices in Africa also. Africans are good at English and I spoke to a computer programmer in Africa. Why USA all the time ??

Ummm...it's not USA all the time. Did you not see where I mentioned Canada?

jmdrake
10-16-2018, 10:05 PM

Okay. Let me put it another way. It's much easier to outsource IT then it is to move a factory. And some jobs can't be outsourced at all. (Trauma nurse for instance. Even with telemedicine, at some point somebody has to stick the IV in.) I may not have direct experience with someone doing the managing but I've seen it done successfully by people not nearly as smart as you or me. And as to your question on "would we need many of those H1-Bs", it's a cost / benefit curve. How many extra workers do you need for a particular task and how much of a problem is the time zone / language barrier? If adding a few worker who got their PhD in computer linguistics as a foreign student helps your smart phone design team then hire them. If you can't hire them because they can't get an H1-B then at some point it makes sense to outsource.

nikcers
10-16-2018, 10:21 PM
Okay. Let me put it another way. It's much easier to outsource IT then it is to move a factory. And some jobs can't be outsourced at all. (Trauma nurse for instance. Even with telemedicine, at some point somebody has to stick the IV in.) I may not have direct experience with someone doing the managing but I've seen it done successfully by people not nearly as smart as you or me. And as to your question on "would we need many of those H1-Bs", it's a cost / benefit curve. How many extra workers do you need for a particular task and how much of a problem is the time zone / language barrier? If adding a few worker who got their PhD in computer linguistics as a foreign student helps your smart phone design team then hire them. If you can't hire them because they can't get an H1-B then at some point it makes sense to outsource.

Outsourcing IT is going to be the ultimate death of brands that don't manage their customers data securely. Ashley Madison was destroyed this way. It's basically gambling and competitors have every incentive to use dark money to exploit your vulnerability.

jmdrake
10-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Outsourcing IT is going to be the ultimate death of brands that don't manage their customers data securely. Ashley Madison was destroyed this way. It's basically gambling and competitors have every incentive to use dark money to exploit your vulnerability.

Ashley Madison's business model makes no sense outsourcing or no outsourcing. Anybody can be hacked. You had people using government email addresses to sign up for a website based on adultery. Not a hookup website (there are plenty of them) where you might fight single people, swingers and cheaters, but a 100% "this is for having an affair" website. Not that I have never done something stupid in my life. Just not that particular brand of stupid. And yet.....Ashley Madison is still in business. Sucker born every minute I suppose.

nikcers
10-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Ashley Madison's business model makes no sense outsourcing or no outsourcing. Anybody can be hacked. You had people using government email addresses to sign up for a website based on adultery. Not a hookup website (there are plenty of them) where you might fight single people, swingers and cheaters, but a 100% "this is for having an affair" website. Not that I have never done something stupid in my life. Just not that particular brand of stupid. And yet.....Ashley Madison is still in business. Sucker born every minute I suppose.
Their CEO had to resign, they changed their logo, motto. I guess that's not a big deal to just completely redo your brand, change your logo get a new CEO and have everyone lose confidence in your companies client confidentiality because you maintain your IT infrastructure at the lowest possible cost. I wonder if people considered their competition because of this?

thoughtomator
10-16-2018, 10:56 PM
I'd rather take my chances with outsourcing of IT than bringing foreign workers here.

enhanced_deficit
10-16-2018, 11:14 PM

Have to agree, he says many things... but only does what is approved by his largest donors/PSMs.

One of the many examples:

Said this:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/aZYchGNmVVXxsIwMAdBhAreMCQ8=/26x0:595x298/fit-in/1200x630/cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9087225/Screen_Shot_2017_08_21_at_11.14.21_AM.png
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/22/15/4373253500000578-4811382-Donald_Trump_was_deeply_skeptical_of_the_war_in_Af ghanistan_in_t-a-2_1503411083910.jpg

Did the opposite:

Book Claim: McMaster, ‘Jarvanka,’ Dina Powell Backed Sending Up to 7K Troops to Afghanistan

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/01/Javanka-McMaster-Justin-SullivanGetty-Images-640x480.jpgJustin Sullivan/Getty Images 5 Jan 2018732
The establishment wing in the White House pushed for a “middle option” plan in Afghanistan that would send as many as 7,000 U.S. troops to the war zone, according to Fire and Fury, a controversial new book by Michael Wolff.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/01/05/mcmaster-jarvanka-dina-powell-backed-sending-up-to-7k-troops-to-afghanistan/

(https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/01/05/mcmaster-jarvanka-dina-powell-backed-sending-up-to-7k-troops-to-afghanistan/)
On 2nd Amendment, he said this:

Before the Election

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160810170554-trump-quote-tweleve-second-amendment-super-169.jpg (https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/opinions/trump-second-amendment-remark-cupp/index.html)

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-the-second-amendment-to-our-constitution-is-clear-the-right-of-the-people-to-keep-and-donald-trump-130-4-0468.jpg (https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1300468)

After the Election

https://i.redd.it/5gzk1ak057j01.jpg

Click here to view the original image of 979x620px.
https://memestatic.fjcdn.com/pictures/Trump+on+gun+control_fc7229_6526507.png

Federal court rules state firearm laws invalid (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527483-Federal-court-rules-state-firearm-laws-invalid&)

Itsback
10-16-2018, 11:55 PM
Have to agree, he says many things... but only does what is approved by his largest donors/PSMs.

American workers are the voters in elections. That is BIGGER donors.

jmdrake
10-17-2018, 07:12 AM
Their CEO had to resign, they changed their logo, motto. I guess that's not a big deal to just completely redo your brand, change your logo get a new CEO and have everyone lose confidence in your companies client confidentiality because you maintain your IT infrastructure at the lowest possible cost. I wonder if people considered their competition because of this?

Do you honestly think that someone who signs up for Ashley Madison doesn't know what they are all about just because there is a new CEO, logo and motto? The name Ashley Madison is synonymous with "hook up site that specializes in married people who want to have affairs." I assume that all websites can be hacked. I assume they are also crooked enough to sell my information to the highest bidder. I also assume that they are in bed (pardon the pun) with the NSA and will give them full access any time it is asked. One of the things that Edward Snowden revealed is that the NSA found an exploit to crack SSL but didn't inform anybody because they wanted to be able to use it at will, but the exploit leaked out and black hat and white hat hackers were using it. The idea that your information on a site like Ashley Madison might be secure if they just didn't outsource to foreign nationals and/or bring those nationals here is extremely naive.

Itsback
10-17-2018, 01:25 PM
MAGA = Make America Great Again

DamianTV
10-17-2018, 01:55 PM
Anyone remember a few years back when we had several US companies that were forcing their employees to train H1B Visa REPLACEMENTS or risk losing all their benefits? American companies that did NOT want American Employees?

Itsback
10-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Anyone remember a few years back when we had several US companies that were forcing their employees to train H1B Visa REPLACEMENTS or risk losing all their benefits? American companies that did NOT want American Employees?

It is surprising there is unemployment in USA when its population is 320,000,000 people and U.S military is fighting wars all over the world. 3000 people killed in 9/11 attacks. 2000 to 4000 U.S soldiers killed in Afghanistan since 2001.

devil21
10-17-2018, 07:52 PM

It's still happening. Verizon is doing it en masse right now.

Itsback
10-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Another US H1B visa shock for Indian workers coming! Trump admin to effect major changes

It will "propose to revise the definition of specialty occupation" to increase focus on obtaining the best and the brightest foreign nationals via the H-1B programme.

US H1B visa: The Trump administration has said it is coming out with new proposals to not only revise the definition of specialty occupations under H-1B visas, but also the definition of employment under this foreign work visa category which is popular among Indian companies.

https://www.zeebiz.com/india (https://www.zeebiz.com/india/news-another-us-h1b-visa-shock-for-indian-workers-coming-trump-admin-to-effect-major-changes-67686)

DamianTV
10-18-2018, 02:31 AM
It is surprising there is unemployment in USA when its population is 320,000,000 people and U.S military is fighting wars all over the world. 3000 people killed in 9/11 attacks. 2000 to 4000 U.S soldiers killed in Afghanistan since 2001.

Dont be surprised. People are unemployed because the jobs that were created since 2008 treat people as Disposable Humans. Far too many very low paying jobs and temp work. The REAL Unemployment rate is still in the 20% range, despite the utter horseshit that comes out of Zippy's fingers. He will probably post if he reads this and immediately point directly to the Bureau of Lies. The only reason the Unemployment Rate has gone down is Smoke and Mirrors. Obama changed the law so the legal definition of long term unemployed went from 2 years to 1 year. It doesnt mean those people found jobs.

Itsback
10-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Dont be surprised. People are unemployed because the jobs that were created since 2008 treat people as Disposable Humans. Far too many very low paying jobs and temp work. The REAL Unemployment rate is still in the 20% range, despite the utter horse$#@! that comes out of Zippy's fingers. He will probably post if he reads this and immediately point directly to the Bureau of Lies. The only reason the Unemployment Rate has gone down is Smoke and Mirrors. Obama changed the law so the legal definition of long term unemployed went from 2 years to 1 year. It doesnt mean those people found jobs.

Today shares price of Tech gaints Apple Inc. Amazon, Google, Facebook are down 2% to 3%. All of them are American companies and no company can be worth more than $300 billion.

DamianTV
10-18-2018, 02:50 PM
Today shares price of Tech gaints Apple Inc. Amazon, Google, Facebook are down 2% to 3%. All of them are American companies and no company can be worth more than $300 billion.

Where does the $300 billion dollar figure come from?

Madison320
10-18-2018, 03:04 PM
H1B visas are not designed well, they help employers abuse the recipients.

H1B is a kidnapping program? I didn't realize that, I thought the employees took the jobs voluntarily.

Swordsmyth
10-18-2018, 03:09 PM
H1B is a kidnapping program? I didn't realize that, I thought the employees took the jobs voluntarily.
But they can't easily change jobs without being deported, that allows the employer to abuse them, if we are going to allow people to come here and work it shouldn't be attached to a specific job.

rpfocus
10-18-2018, 05:44 PM
That's great BUT will he ALSO scrap the 61 H2-B's for cooks and servers Mar-A-Lago is asking for? Or he is just a fucking hypocrite?

Swordsmyth
10-18-2018, 05:49 PM
That's great BUT will he ALSO scrap the 61 H2-B's for cooks and servers Mar-A-Lago is asking for? Or he is just a $#@!ing hypocrite?

I'll take whatever progress I can get whether it is from a hypocrite or not.

Itsback
10-19-2018, 01:56 AM
Where does the $300 billion dollar figure come from?

Computers, technology, IT sector is like semi automatic washing machine and fully automatic washing machine. All those IT/Tech companies are not required.

Without farming and fishing there will be no economy. Farming comes first and then comes information technology (IT)

Itsback
10-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Do It!

Do it for America.

Itsback
10-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Donald Trump said "India is tariff king"

Itsback
10-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Too many people from other countries entering USA easily will be a burden on resources of USA.

jmdrake
10-26-2018, 08:03 AM
Even with the H1B, U.S. tech still suffers from a dearth of available tech competent American workers - Chemistry, physics, engineering.
H1Bs are not undercutting U.S. workers. In fact the skills and work ethics of H1B workers are so desirable that they are earning more than equivalent U.S. workers , not even counting the additional costs for relocation and legal work for the visa processing.
Walk into any post graduate tech and science programs in the U.S. Universities or even many just bachelor engineering programs. You'll witness them dominated by foreign students. They can't even recruit enough Americans into the programs. U.S. students are far more interested in majoring in political science, communication, marketing, humanities, business, management, sociology, psychology, history, English, general studies, liberal arts, criminal justice, etc.
U.S. students en masse are not interested in pursuing demanding tech degrees. Overwhelmingly U.S. high school students lack the necessary science and mathematics to succeed in such programs. Very few high school graduates have even been exposed to any proficient level of calculus. Most lack any math proficiency beyond rudimentary algebra skills.
U.S. culture programs its youth that other endeavors are far more important and desirable like sports, music, entertainment, virtue signalling, social statusing, protesting, getting triggered,
We are not talking about unskilled, uneducated, unvetted illegal immigrants here. We are talking about the ability to be able to recruit from the best talent from what the entire world can produce. That is an amazing competitive advantage.
If anything, to make America greater, Trump should raise the cap on H1B visa.
Fortunately , Trump won't scrap the H1B. He can't, as Congress write the laws. Even if he had the power he wouldn't, despite all the bluster.

^This. In the late 1980s when I was at UAB taking physics and chemistry as an undergraduate almost all of the lab assistants were Asian. The problem was they were hard to understand. We all clamored to get into a lab with a native English speaker, it didn't matter if he or she was black or white. As a computer science graduate student, the undergrads were clamoring to get into my lab for the same reason. It's funny that on the one hand people argue against the caravan migrants because they are too ignorant and poor and then argue against the H1B visa crowd because their too smart.

Rand Paul is on record for wanting to increase H1B visas.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2907072/it-outsourcing/rand-pauls-tangled-approach-to-h-1b-visas.html

But the Paul's views are apparently no longer important on the forum that bears their name.

jmdrake
10-26-2018, 08:09 AM
But they can't easily change jobs without being deported, that allows the employer to abuse them, if we are going to allow people to come here and work it shouldn't be attached to a specific job.

H1B visa holders change jobs all the time. They just have to find another employer willing to go through the process.

https://www.prideimmigration.com/can-you-change-jobs-h1b-visa/

And an employer who abuses an H1B employee can be sued just under the same rules that any other employer can be sued. I know of a black researcher was was sued by her H1B visa holding employee for racial discrimination. The chargers were bogus but the university decided to settle anyway. (Nobody want to go to trial these days and sometimes it's hard to get an outright dismissal or summary judgement.)

timosman
10-26-2018, 10:03 AM
H1B visa holders change jobs all the time. They just have to find another employer willing to go through the process.

And an employer who abuses an H1B employee can be sued just under the same rules that any other employer can be sued. I know of a black researcher was was sued by her H1B visa holding employee for racial discrimination. The chargers were bogus but the university decided to settle anyway. (Nobody want to go to trial these days and sometimes it's hard to get an outright dismissal or summary judgement.)

This comes at a cost where somebody with actual charges can not find a lawyer. :D

Itsback
10-26-2018, 10:54 AM

H-1B Visas Would Not Be Extended Under Trump's Latest Proposal, Reports Say

Trump administration officials are examining whether they can come up with a new interpretation of the “may grant” language in the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act to block H-1B visa extensions. Thousands of immigrants, most of them Indian, currently can apply for H-1B visa extensions beyond the permitted two 3-year terms if they have green card applications in the system.

“The idea is to create a sort of ‘self-deportation’ of hundreds of thousands of Indian tech workers in the United States to open up those jobs for Americans,” a source who spoke with Homeland Security officials told McClatchy DC.
If the proposal passes, 500,000 to 750,000 Indian H-1B visa holders could be forced to leave the U.S., according to IndiaToday.in.

https://www.newsweek.com (https://www.newsweek.com/h1-b-visas-would-not-be-extended-under-trumps-latest-proposal-reports-say-769363)

enhanced_deficit
10-26-2018, 10:59 AM

And before & after that too.

Trump says very soon there will be a Black President (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527790-Trump-says-very-soon-there-will-be-a-Black-President&)

Itsback
10-29-2018, 12:13 PM
Rand Paul is on record for wanting to increase H1B visas.

On January 14, 2016, I had surfed 1672 sites with easyhits4u.com (traffic exchange) but no sales from my website or my links for 4 years.

Is there a market for softwares and coding?? The tech bubble will burst after 15 years of the internet hype. Look at the decrease in forum posters and readers.

Itsback
10-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Former Disney Employees Drop Lawsuit Against It Over H1B Visa Abuse

A group of former Disney employees has dropped their lawsuit against the entertainment giant in which they accused it of discriminating against them by replacing them with H1B visa holders, mostly Indians.The announcement came on Wednesday after years of court battles.

"We have lost. Unfortunately, we lost because it's legal," Sara Blackwell, the US attorney who had filed a lawsuit on behalf of the 250 Disney IT workers in 2014 told reporters during a news conference.Since then, Blackwell had filed four lawsuits against Disney on behalf of the fired American IT workers. She lost all. In one of the cases, a federal judge told her that Disney was following immigration law of the country.

http://www.businessworld.in/article (http://www.businessworld.in/article/Former-Disney-Employees-Drop-Lawsuit-Against-It-Over-H1B-Visa-Abuse-/11-05-2018-148914)

DamianTV
10-31-2018, 04:17 PM
When Morality has been Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Morality.

If an honest man find that the Law itself is Dishonest, the man faces the difficult decision of losing respect for the Law or losing respect for himself.

Those that support Open Borders will most likely take both of those statements and twist them to be used against us. The argument they will make is that we should have No Borders AND will demand Welfare. Morality means protecting your own Rights with respect to the Equal Rights of others. The whole H1B Visa Jobs thing IS coming at the expense of the people living in THIS country, thus, I believe it to be absolutely Immoral. If the people of their own native countries are not "allowed" to set reasonable limits on how many people can Immigrate, then the Immigrant Rights are coming at the expense of Native Rights.

I think the best thing to do here is Cui Bono, Who Benefits? Follow the money. Its nothing more than the powerful and wealthy looking at Immigration as Cheap Labor.

Itsback
11-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Why Big Tech pays poor Kenyans to programme self-driving cars

When Artificial Intelligence works as intended, Silicon Valley types often say it's "like magic". But it isn't magic. It's Brenda, a 26-year-old single mother who lives Kibera, Africa's largest slum, and perhaps the toughest neighbourhood on earth, where hundreds of thousands of people live in a space not too much bigger than London's Hyde Park.

Each day, Brenda leaves her home here to catch a bus to the east side of Nairobi where she, along with more than 1,000 colleagues in the same building, work hard on a side of artificial intelligence we hear little about - and see even less.

https://www.bbc.com/news (https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46055595)

Itsback
11-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Indian-American arrested in California over H-1B visa fraud

A 46-year-old Indian-American has been arrested and charged in California on charges of H-1B visa fraud.Kishore Kumar Kavuru was arrested Friday morning and produced before the US Magistrate Judge Susan van Keulen. He was later released on bond.

Kavuru has been charged with 10 counts of visa fraud and as many counts of mail fraud in connection with a scheme to maintain a pool of foreign workers for the clients of his consulting companies.The accused faces 10 years in prison and a maximum fine of $ 250,000 for each count of visa fraud and up to 20 years of imprisonment for each count of mail fraud.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/news (https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/news/indian-american-arrested-in-california-over-h-1b-visa-fraud/ar-BBPi8BY?li=AAggbRN&ocid=mailsignout)

enhanced_deficit
11-05-2018, 07:08 PM

Call center workers selling YOUR credit card details and medical records for pennies

https://www.itworld.com/article/2728144/security/forget-hackers--indian-call-center-workers-may-be-stealing-your-financial-data.html

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/banking/finance/banking/hitachi-hackers-cashed-in-on-security-gaps-in-indias-worst-ever-cybersecurity-breach/articleshow/57300779.cms

Itsback
11-08-2018, 06:39 PM
To fight H1-B visas, an American said "working for $9000/month will be pain but we will have the jobs"

enhanced_deficit
11-08-2018, 07:07 PM
This is likely unrelated:

Former Trump White House Communications Director Says Trump Is 'an Intentional Liar' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?528246-Former-Trump-White-House-Communications-Director-Says-Trump-Is-an-Intentional-Liar&)

Pauls' Revere
11-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Does this mean that he's not planning on a 4th divorce?

ROFLMAO

+rep.

Pauls' Revere
11-08-2018, 07:51 PM
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-most-restrictive-tariffs.html

Countries With The Most Restrictive Tariffs

Rank Country Share of Tariff Lines Exceeding 15%
1 Gambia 71.2%
2 Djibouti 65.0%
3 Bermuda 63.8%
4 Ethiopia 56.4%
5 Guinea 56.0%
6 Cameroon 54.3%
7 Guinea-Bissau 51.6%
8 Benin 51.0%
9 Togo 51.0%
10 Sierra Leone 49.9%

TheCount
11-08-2018, 11:07 PM
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-most-restrictive-tariffs.html

1 Gambia 71.2%
2 Djibouti 65.0%
3 Bermuda 63.8%
4 Ethiopia 56.4%
5 Guinea 56.0%
6 Cameroon 54.3%
7 Guinea-Bissau 51.6%
8 Benin 51.0%
9 Togo 51.0%
10 Sierra Leone 49.9%

We can only dream of having economies like these. Maybe, if we ask really nicely, the state will tariff us this much.

Swordsmyth
11-08-2018, 11:13 PM

1 Gambia 71.2%
2 Djibouti 65.0%
3 Bermuda 63.8%
4 Ethiopia 56.4%
5 Guinea 56.0%
6 Cameroon 54.3%
7 Guinea-Bissau 51.6%
8 Benin 51.0%
9 Togo 51.0%
10 Sierra Leone 49.9%

We can only dream of having economies like these. Maybe, if we ask really nicely, the state will tariff us this much.
It is certainly possible to have tariffs that are too high but those countries are poor for many other reasons.

Pauls' Revere
11-09-2018, 07:59 AM
It is certainly possible to have tariffs that are too high but those countries are poor for many other reasons.

True, merely trying to draw some perspective. The US isn't in the top ten as far as trriff restrictions.

Itsback
11-10-2018, 09:08 AM
To fight H1-B visas, an American said "working for $9000/month will be pain but we will have the jobs"

Pin This

timosman
11-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Pin This

You should get out more often. :cool:

Itsback
11-10-2018, 09:32 AM

I am trying to come to United States to America for past 8 years on business migration.

On January 14, 2016, I had surfed 1672 sites with easyhits4u.com (traffic exchange) but no sales from my website or my links. I surfed almost 700 sites everyday for 6 months.

timosman
11-10-2018, 09:42 AM
I am trying to come to United States to America for past 8 years on business migration.

On January 14, 2016, I had surfed 1672 sites with easyhits4u.com (traffic exchange) but no sales from my website or my links. I surfed almost 700 sites everyday for 6 months.

Have you tried H2-A programme? https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2a-temporary-agricultural-workers

Itsback
11-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Have you tried H2-A programme? https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2a-temporary-agricultural-workers

Thanks man. I will read all about it.

Itsback
11-13-2018, 10:48 AM
In USA, eggs are $2/dozen and $8/dozen (good quality eggs)

Itsback
12-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Donald Trump on Twitter:

I am a Tariff Man. When people or countries come in to raid the great wealth of our Nation, I want them to pay for the privilege of doing so. It will always be the best way to max out our economic power. We are right now taking in $billions in Tariffs. MAKE AMERICA RICH AGAIN

Itsback
12-10-2018, 04:28 AM
High skilled workers:

https://youtu.be/7QCYDzsQ_yM

Link: https://youtu.be/7QCYDzsQ_yM

enhanced_deficit
01-04-2019, 08:13 PM
Technically it's not a flip-flop:

Trump: We need people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UryMFBLdKFU&feature=youtu.be&t=1641

devil21
01-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Or not. MH1BGA?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083705208834834433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.

kahless
01-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Or not. MH1BGA?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083705208834834433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If true he crossed that threshold where what the hell is the point of supporting him anymore. It took a few years to finally say fuck Trump. I'm out.

We ended up with a 3rd Bush Presidency. At this point I want to see him crushed by his opposition and I don't give a shit about the consequences. I want him to go down for this great betrayal for putting Americans and his supporters last.

If he is turning his greatest defenders like Ann Coulter and supporters like myself against him, who is going to be left to support him in 2020? Never mind, I know the same idiots that voted for Romney, Bush and whatever Foxnews feeds them regardless of the betrayals.

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/wtfreaction.gif

enhanced_deficit
01-11-2019, 11:21 AM
This is not going to help him retain his base that had already started to feel alienated.

Conservative leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519979-Conservative-leader-on-Trump-He-s-a-fraud-and-has-betrayed-us-twice-now&)

Coulter on Trump: 'Joke presidency who scammed the American people' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529453-Coulter-Trump-Will-Not-Finish-Current-Term-quot-joke-presidency-who-scammed-the-American-people-quot&)

Brian4Liberty
01-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Or not. MH1BGA?

Link didn’t work due to tracking tag.

This works:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083705208834834433

timosman
01-11-2019, 11:43 AM
The other side of the problem is employers are allowed to fire anybody without giving reason while getting 1000s H1B visas.

devil21
01-11-2019, 11:45 AM
Link didn’t work due to tracking tag.

This works:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083705208834834433

Thanks. Never have been able to figure out the Twitter stuff.

While everyone is worried about the southern "invasion", the bigger threat is the importation of Chinese and Indians that are actually being employed into positions of power. Most tech company CEOs are Indian. Google, chip makers, among others. Why does that matter? Because they're the ones developing out the surveillance state that is being implemented and they have 0 concern about constitutional principles or freedom in general. So yeah keep worrying about Pablo picking tomatoes instead of Sundar the CEO.

Brian4Liberty
01-11-2019, 11:57 AM

In the forum editor, there is a blue “t” icon on the right side. You paste that long number (but not the “?” or anything past that) from the Twitter link in your post, highlight it, and then press the blue twitter icon.

While everyone is worried about the southern "invasion", the bigger threat is the importation of Chinese and Indians that are actually being employed into positions of power. Most tech company CEOs are Indian. Google, chip makers, among others. Why does that matter? Because they're the ones developing out the surveillance state that is being implemented and they have 0 concern about constitutional principles or freedom in general. So yeah keep worrying about Pablo picking tomatoes instead of Sundar the CEO.

Since the very first Indian programmers came to the US, their agenda has been to bring over more of their friends and family. As soon as they had input on the hiring process, they manipulated it to only hire Indians. Once they were fully in charge of hiring, they only hired other Indians. That led directly to the propaganda about not being able to find Americans to do the work.

timosman
01-11-2019, 12:00 PM

Sundar is great. The speed with which Damore was disposed of was quite impressive. :cool:

devil21
01-11-2019, 12:08 PM
In the forum editor, there is a blue “t” icon on the right side. You paste that long number (but not the “?” or anything past that) from the Twitter link in your post, highlight it, and then press the blue twitter icon.

Since the very first Indian programmers came to the US, their agenda has been to bring over more of their friends and family. As soon as they had input on the hiring process, they manipulated it to only hire Indians. Once they were fully in charge of hiring, they only hired other Indians. That led directly to the propaganda about not being able to find Americans to do the work.

I witnessed it first hand back in the early 2000's when employed in the IT dept of a local government that borders DC. Soon after hiring a new Network Manager (who later went on to become Obama's first CIO btw), the first major software development project under him resulted in the hiring of completely H1B outsourced development staff. A floor of a govt building literally nothing but Indians that did not mingle at all with the rest of the IT dept. He is Indian. This was around 2003 and was a peek into what laid ahead, no doubt.

kahless
01-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Sundar is great. The speed with which Damore was disposed of was quite impressive. :cool:

Trump sounds like he is Sundar's bitch.

kahless
01-11-2019, 12:29 PM
In typical scam artist fashion Trump later follows up with tweets to distract his supporters like this one by calling the southern border an "invasion".

He is right about that, it is the timing of his follow-ups to distract his base with a look over here. Not going to work. You cannot sell out Americans in one tweet and expect people to forget it in the next tweet.

devil21
01-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Trump sounds like he is Sundar's bitch.

He's a fellow Wharton alum, trained to lord over the rest of us.

Swordsmyth
01-11-2019, 07:00 PM
If true he crossed that threshold where what the hell is the point of supporting him anymore. It took a few years to finally say $#@! Trump. I'm out.

We ended up with a 3rd Bush Presidency. At this point I want to see him crushed by his opposition and I don't give a $#@! about the consequences. I want him to go down for this great betrayal for putting Americans and his supporters last.

If he is turning his greatest defenders like Ann Coulter and supporters like myself against him, who is going to be left to support him in 2020? Never mind, I know the same idiots that voted for Romney, Bush and whatever Foxnews feeds them regardless of the betrayals.

Reserve judgment until we see what actually happens.
He has a tendency to say things and then not do them that applies to bad things as well as good things.

Also consider other actions, if he were to bring all the troops home, end the fed, eliminate the EPA etc. he would still deserve support wouldn't he?
(I'm not saying he will do all that, I'm just making the point that we need to consider everything when 2020 comes)

kahless
01-11-2019, 08:10 PM
He has a tendency to say things and then not do them that applies to bad things as well as good things.

Also consider other actions, if he were to bring all the troops home, end the fed, eliminate the EPA etc. he would still deserve support wouldn't he?
(I'm not saying he will do all that, I'm just making the point that we need to consider everything when 2020 comes)

The problem with this middle ground tactic is that he is normalizing policies that are opposed to the platform he ran on. So if we wait it out without opposition it will be normalized and he will pass what is put in front of him without opposition. He had two years to implement his campaign promises and what did we get, gun control.

He is reaching across the aisle when it is not necessary and he is not getting anything in return. He is being led by the nose by the news media and the establishment in both parties. The same people that are basically spitting on him and trying to take him down. So what is the point of dropping his policies for them?

Swordsmyth
01-11-2019, 08:13 PM
The problem with this middle ground tactic is that he is normalizing policies that are opposed to the platform he ran on. So if we wait it out without opposition it will be normalized and he will pass what is put in front of him without opposition. He had two years to implement his campaign promises and what did we get, gun control.

He is reaching across the aisle when it is not necessary and he is not getting anything in return. He is being led by the nose by the news media and the establishment in both parties. The same people that are basically spitting on him and trying to take him down. So what is the point of dropping his policies for them?
Go ahead and oppose the policy, I would never say that you should just shut up and take it.
I'm just saying that we should decide about 2020 in 2020.

kahless
01-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Go ahead and oppose the policy, I would never say that you should just shut up and take it.
I'm just saying that we should decide about 2020 in 2020.

By that time it will be too late. Time to find a primary challenger now.

This is wrong on so many levels. The policy before and after is making American IT workers and under class to immigrants from India when we have high skilled workers here. It is outright discrimination and I would go so far to say that it is discrimination against whites.

If you think about it he is also breaking his promise to stop chain migration. To give them citizenship will bring in millions more legally. Meanwhile Trump the slick SOB that he is diverts everyone's attention to the Mexican border.

Swordsmyth
01-11-2019, 08:24 PM
By that time it will be too late. Time to find a primary challenger now.

This is wrong on so many levels. The policy before and after is making American IT workers and under class to immigrants from India when we have high skilled workers here. It is outright discrimination and I was go so far to say that is discrimination against whites.

If you think about it he is also breaking his promise to stop chain migration. This will bring in millions more legally. Meanwhile Trump the slick SOB that he is diverts everyone's attention to the Mexican border.
I am more than willing to consider any primary challenger.
If you find one that is an improvement please let me know.

I have always said he needed a primary challenger to keep him in line, I just don't know of anyone that would be better that is considering running, I don't think Rand is going to run.

TheCount
01-11-2019, 08:58 PM
If true he crossed that threshold where what the hell is the point of supporting him anymore. It took a few years to finally say fuck Trump. I'm out.

We ended up with a 3rd Bush Presidency. At this point I want to see him crushed by his opposition and I don't give a shit about the consequences. I want him to go down for this great betrayal for putting Americans and his supporters last.

Oh noooooo, merit-based immigration, noooooooo

Swordsmyth
01-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Oh noooooo, merit-based immigration, noooooooo
Excess immigration from cultures that produce statist governments is the issue, if they were all the greatest geniuses that ever lived it wouldn't matter if they give us the Aadhaar system here.

But you want us subjected to the mark of the Beast and worldwide communist government.

timosman
01-11-2019, 09:26 PM
This is wrong on so many levels. The policy before and after is making American IT workers and under class to immigrants from India when we have high skilled workers here. It is outright discrimination and I would go so far to say that it is discrimination against whites.

It is not according to the employment-at-will policies. :D

enhanced_deficit
01-12-2019, 01:53 PM

You raise a valid point.

On 2nd Amendment:

Before the Election

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160810170554-trump-quote-tweleve-second-amendment-super-169.jpg (https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/opinions/trump-second-amendment-remark-cupp/index.html)

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-the-second-amendment-to-our-constitution-is-clear-the-right-of-the-people-to-keep-and-donald-trump-130-4-0468.jpg (https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1300468)

After the Election

https://i.redd.it/5gzk1ak057j01.jpg

Federal court rules state firearm laws invalid (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527483-Federal-court-rules-state-firearm-laws-invalid&)

Itsback
01-17-2019, 07:37 AM
https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/waymo%20crash.jpg

Self-driving cars is a product from Silicon Valley California

enhanced_deficit
01-17-2019, 12:35 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/waymo%20crash.jpg

Self-driving cars is a product from Silicon Valley California

Now I get it what you were trying to say.

Itsback
01-18-2019, 09:16 AM
Now I get it what you were trying to say.

40% IT/Tech companies close down will be good for the economy and people

Itsback
01-19-2019, 08:04 AM
Over 770,000,000 email addresses shared online in largest data breach in history

https://www.rt.com/news (https://www.rt.com/news/449028-largest-data-breach-in-history)

enhanced_deficit
01-23-2019, 01:30 PM
Over 770,000,000 email addresses shared online in largest data breach in history

https://www.rt.com/news (https://www.rt.com/news/449028-largest-data-breach-in-history)

Let me guess, it's also connected to OP news somehow :)

Itsback
01-23-2019, 05:29 PM

Bad work/performance from IT/Tech industry (Silicon Valley)

Itsback
01-24-2019, 07:39 AM

KPIT to Speak at the Autonomous Cars Silicon Valley Event

https://www.birlasoft.com/company/news (https://www.birlasoft.com/company/news/2016/kpit-to-speak-at-the-autonomous-cars-silicon-valley-event)

Today KPIT tech shares price fell -40%

Itsback
01-25-2019, 12:14 PM

50 million facebook accounts hacked. All those hacking stories on news sites.

Itsback
01-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Donald Trump: In California, voter fraud is rampant

https://twitter.com/ (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1089513936435716096)

Itsback
02-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Hundreds of Indian students face jail, deportation in US college scam

The justice department’s Michigan branch announced the arrest of the eight men, whose names indicated they were either Indians or American citizens of Indian descent, from all over the country, charged with visa fraud and harbouring aliens for profit

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news (https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/hundreds-of-indian-students-face-jail-deportation-in-us-college-scam/story-NelUt7N8HnUZf6KM1Z6xgJ.html)

Superfluous Man
02-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Tomatoes are $3/kilo (cost of living) for everybody in USA.

I like reading your posts just for these tidbits.

Itsback
02-02-2019, 01:31 PM

The fall of Chanda Kochhar, the iconic banking CEO and a poster woman for Indian industry, holds a cautionary tale for the entire business community, writes the BBC's business correspondent Sameer Hashmi.

India's third-largest lender, ICICI Bank, on Wednesday found the former chief executive guilty of violating internal bank policies and professional misconduct.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-47067863)

Itsback
02-02-2019, 01:31 PM

The fall of Chanda Kochhar, the iconic banking CEO and a poster woman for Indian industry, holds a cautionary tale for the entire business community, writes the BBC's business correspondent Sameer Hashmi.

India's third-largest lender, ICICI Bank, on Wednesday found the former chief executive guilty of violating internal bank policies and professional misconduct.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-47067863)

enhanced_deficit
02-06-2019, 12:49 AM
In un-related news:

Trump nominates Indian American to replace Kavanaugh

Northwest Asian Weekly

https://i1.wp.com/nwasianweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/FRONT-Neomi-Rao.jpeg?resize=246%2C246
Neomi Rao

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is nominating administration official Neomi Rao to fill the appeals court seat previously held by Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Trump’s announcement came on Nov. 13 during the White House’s celebration of Diwali, the Hindu festival of light. Rao, who is Indian American, was present at the event.
Trump said he was nominating Rao for the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — sometimes referred to as the nation’s second-highest court. Rao currently serves as the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA), which is part of the Office of Management and Budget.

Swordsmyth
02-06-2019, 12:55 AM
In un-related news:

Trump nominates Indian American to replace Kavanaugh

Northwest Asian Weekly

https://i1.wp.com/nwasianweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/FRONT-Neomi-Rao.jpeg?resize=246%2C246
Neomi Rao

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is nominating administration official Neomi Rao to fill the appeals court seat previously held by Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Trump’s announcement came on Nov. 13 during the White House’s celebration of Diwali, the Hindu festival of light. Rao, who is Indian American, was present at the event.
Trump said he was nominating Rao for the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — sometimes referred to as the nation’s second-highest court. Rao currently serves as the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA), which is part of the Office of Management and Budget.

Some of her earlier writings are replete with the kind of opinions that we've come to expect now that the president* has subcontracted his judicial nominees to the folks at the Federalist Society. From BuzzFeed News (https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/neomi-rao-nomination-college-writings-court-appeals):
In pieces reviewed by BuzzFeed News that Rao wrote between 1994 and 1996 - she graduated from Yale University in 1995 - she described race as a “hot, money-making issue,” affirmative action as the “anointed dragon of liberal excess,” welfare as being “for the indigent and lazy,” and LGBT issues as part of “trendy” political movements. On date rape, Rao wrote that if a woman “drinks to the point where she can no longer choose, well, getting to that point was part of her choice.”

Rao, in her role as head of the White House’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, has supported the Trump administration’s rollback of Title IX protections for victims of sexual assault on college campuses. These rules would reduce the mandatory reporting requirements institutions currently face on the matter and require live hearings on sexual assault allegations where accusers could even be cross-examined by a representative of their attackers.
So, that takes care of the "relevance" dodge regarding Rao's college writings. She's moved on to putting those views to work on behalf of an administration* dedicated to enshrining them into policy.

And then, later, Senator Mazie Hirono opened up an entirely new line of questioning. It began with Hirono's asking Rao about something the latter had written in opposition to affirmative action, which relied on what Rao called "dignatory harm." Hirono asked her to explain the concept. Rao said:

The term dignity is used by the Supreme Court and other constitutional courts in other countries and that was an attempt as an academic to explain the different senses in which dignity was used in those cases.
Which is about where they began talking about dwarf-tossing.
Back in 2011, Rao wrote a post at The Volokh Conspiracy (http://volokh.com/2011/05/18/substantive-dignity-dwarf-throwing-burqa-bans-and-welfare-rights/) blog in which she defended on libertarian grounds the practice of dwarf-tossing, a popular spectator sport in the kind of bars where Florida Man drinks before going out and doing the Florida Man thing that gets him on TMZ. Basically, Rao wrote, if someone wants to get tossed, it's that person's right to get tossed:

In a much-discussed French case, Mr. Wackenheim, a dwarf, made his living by allowing himself to be thrown for sport. The mayors of several cities banned dwarf tossing events. Mr. Wackenheim challenged the orders on the grounds that they interfered with his economic liberty and right to earn a living. The case went to the Conseil d’Etat (the supreme administrative court), which upheld the bans on the grounds that dwarf throwing affronted human dignity, which was part of the “public order” controlled by the municipal police. The Wackenheim case demonstrates how a substantive understanding of dignity can be used to coerce individuals by forcing upon them a particular understanding of dignity irrespective of their individual choices.

The issue is not whether laws prohibiting dwarf throwing, burqa wearing, prostitution, or pornography may be desirable social policy. Rather these examples demonstrate that the conception of dignity used to defend such policies is not that of human agency and freedom of choice, but rather represents a particular moral view of what dignity requires. These laws do not purport to maximize individual freedom, but instead regulate how individuals must behave in order to maintain dignity (and in the case of criminal prohibitions, stay out of jail).
So, Senator Hirono wondered, how does a defense of dwarf-tossing square with an idea of "dignatory harm"? Rao replied:

There was an individual, Mr. Wackenheim, who made his living doing that, and he said that this ban affected his dignatory interests. But, in my article, I don't take a position one way or another on these issues.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/president-nominated-perhaps-first-ever-221100460.html

enhanced_deficit
02-06-2019, 01:38 AM
If turned out that some mega donor played a role in this nomination/ this nominee convinced MAGA to reverse his stance on the topic of this thread ( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527029-Trump-I-want-to-scrap-all-H1B-visas&p=6733646&viewfull=1#post6733646 ) , would you support this nomination?

From unconfirmed chatter while back, she was supported by GOP-Jarvanka/Kushner wing ... that wing also tends to be supportive of Dem leaning causes like gun control, NAFTA, abortion etc.

Swordsmyth
02-06-2019, 01:47 AM
If turned out that some mega donor played a role in this nomination/ this nominee convinced MAGA to reverse his stance on the topic of this thread ( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527029-Trump-I-want-to-scrap-all-H1B-visas&p=6733646&viewfull=1#post6733646 ) , would you support this nomination?

From unconfirmed chatter while back, she was supported by GOP-Jarvanka/Kushner wing ... that wing also tends to be supportive of Dem leaning causes like gun control, NAFTA, abortion etc.
Judges aren't supposed to determine immigration policy, if she is an activist then I would oppose her, if she isn't an activist then her nomination won't affect that.

I would need to know a lot more about her on a number of issues to know whether to support her nomination or not.

devil21
02-06-2019, 02:15 AM
Some of her earlier writings are replete with the kind of opinions that we've come to expect now that the president* has subcontracted his judicial nominees to the folks at the Federalist Society. From BuzzFeed News (https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/neomi-rao-nomination-college-writings-court-appeals):
In pieces reviewed by BuzzFeed News that Rao wrote between 1994 and 1996 - she graduated from Yale University in 1995 - she described race as a “hot, money-making issue,” affirmative action as the “anointed dragon of liberal excess,” welfare as being “for the indigent and lazy,” and LGBT issues as part of “trendy” political movements. On date rape, Rao wrote that if a woman “drinks to the point where she can no longer choose, well, getting to that point was part of her choice.”

Rao, in her role as head of the White House’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, has supported the Trump administration’s rollback of Title IX protections for victims of sexual assault on college campuses. These rules would reduce the mandatory reporting requirements institutions currently face on the matter and require live hearings on sexual assault allegations where accusers could even be cross-examined by a representative of their attackers.
So, that takes care of the "relevance" dodge regarding Rao's college writings. She's moved on to putting those views to work on behalf of an administration* dedicated to enshrining them into policy.

And then, later, Senator Mazie Hirono opened up an entirely new line of questioning. It began with Hirono's asking Rao about something the latter had written in opposition to affirmative action, which relied on what Rao called "dignatory harm." Hirono asked her to explain the concept. Rao said:

The term dignity is used by the Supreme Court and other constitutional courts in other countries and that was an attempt as an academic to explain the different senses in which dignity was used in those cases.
Which is about where they began talking about dwarf-tossing.
Back in 2011, Rao wrote a post at The Volokh Conspiracy (http://volokh.com/2011/05/18/substantive-dignity-dwarf-throwing-burqa-bans-and-welfare-rights/) blog in which she defended on libertarian grounds the practice of dwarf-tossing, a popular spectator sport in the kind of bars where Florida Man drinks before going out and doing the Florida Man thing that gets him on TMZ. Basically, Rao wrote, if someone wants to get tossed, it's that person's right to get tossed:

In a much-discussed French case, Mr. Wackenheim, a dwarf, made his living by allowing himself to be thrown for sport. The mayors of several cities banned dwarf tossing events. Mr. Wackenheim challenged the orders on the grounds that they interfered with his economic liberty and right to earn a living. The case went to the Conseil d’Etat (the supreme administrative court), which upheld the bans on the grounds that dwarf throwing affronted human dignity, which was part of the “public order” controlled by the municipal police. The Wackenheim case demonstrates how a substantive understanding of dignity can be used to coerce individuals by forcing upon them a particular understanding of dignity irrespective of their individual choices.

The issue is not whether laws prohibiting dwarf throwing, burqa wearing, prostitution, or pornography may be desirable social policy. Rather these examples demonstrate that the conception of dignity used to defend such policies is not that of human agency and freedom of choice, but rather represents a particular moral view of what dignity requires. These laws do not purport to maximize individual freedom, but instead regulate how individuals must behave in order to maintain dignity (and in the case of criminal prohibitions, stay out of jail).
So, Senator Hirono wondered, how does a defense of dwarf-tossing square with an idea of "dignatory harm"? Rao replied:

There was an individual, Mr. Wackenheim, who made his living doing that, and he said that this ban affected his dignatory interests. But, in my article, I don't take a position one way or another on these issues.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/president-nominated-perhaps-first-ever-221100460.html

An Indian Ivy Leaguer. Must be more of that 45D chess to restore freedom. Cuz I know when I think freedom I think Indian females educated at the home of Skull and Bones.

Itsback
02-06-2019, 08:00 AM
Giant IT/Tech companies from India hire 80% or more Indian workers on H1-B visas when Europeans, Russians, Chinese, others are very good at computer programming.

Looks scam/fraud.

Superfluous Man
02-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Giant IT/Tech companies from India hire 80% or more Indian workers on H1-B visas when Europeans, Russians, Chinese, others are very good at computer programming.

Looks scam/fraud.

Perhaps. But there are reasonable simple explanations. Maybe computer programmers from India demand less in pay than those from those other countries do. Maybe those programmers from Europe, Russia, and China have more work available in that field in their own countries than there is in India. Maybe small advantages in those areas are naturally compounded by an additional advantage for a company hiring as much of its foreign labor from a single country, rather than many different ones. Maybe some foothold that Indian Americans got in computer programming years ago created a situation where American computer programming opportunities became a special pursuit for other Indians who were helped in that by those who came here before them.

And then there's still a more basic question of the numbers you're assuming. Just how much of a supply of computer programmers is there from each of those countries, specifically? Maybe Indians really do go into computer programming at a much higher rate than other countries. Maybe some accident of history led to this. An overwhelming majority of workers in American nail salons are Vietnamese. Thomas Sowell has documented numerous examples of similar marriages between specific occupations in specific countries with specific ethnic minorities there. It's generally not because of anything nefarious.

Itsback
02-07-2019, 09:17 AM
After the National Enquirer published Bezos' texts to Sanchez, the Amazon CEO mounted a private investigation into how the Enquirer got its hands on the messages.

He also posited that de Becker himself could have been involved in the leak in order to "sabotage Mr. Bezos and Ms. Sanchez's love affair," thereby preserving Bezos' marriage to Mackenzie Bezos.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/news (https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/news/lauren-sanchezs-brother-says-he-had-nothing-to-do-with-leaking-jeff-bezos-intimate-texts/ar-BBTeEUP?li=AAgfYGb)

timosman
02-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Perhaps. But there are reasonable simple explanations. Maybe computer programmers from India demand less in pay than those from those other countries do. Maybe those programmers from Europe, Russia, and China have more work available in that field in their own countries than there is in India. Maybe small advantages in those areas are naturally compounded by an additional advantage for a company hiring as much of its foreign labor from a single country, rather than many different ones. Maybe some foothold that Indian Americans got in computer programming years ago created a situation where American computer programming opportunities became a special pursuit for other Indians who were helped in that by those who came here before them.

The most reasonable explanation is you are a schill. Thank you for spelling it out however. :cool:

Superfluous Man
02-07-2019, 10:43 AM
The most reasonable explanation is you are a schill.

For whom?

And why would my support for the site mission be evidence of that? Do you also think Ron Paul is a shill?

Itsback
02-08-2019, 07:21 AM
U.S. considers withdrawal of zero tariffs for India

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India could lose a vital U.S. trade concession, under which it enjoys zero tariffs on $5.6 billion of exports to the United States , amid a widening dispute over its trade and investment policies, people with close knowledge of the matter said.

https://in.reuters.com (https://in.reuters.com/article/usa-trade-india-idINKCN1PX0ZI)

Itsback
02-09-2019, 11:06 AM
6,000,000,000 shares sold of 4 companies owned by Anil Ambani

Creditors sold a total 5.5 billion shares in four companies -- Reliance Power Ltd., Reliance Infrastructure Ltd., Reliance Communications Ltd. and Reliance Capital Ltd. -- leading to a 3-to-8 percentage-point reduction in founders’ stakes in these firms, according to filings. The sale is “illegal, motivated and wholly unjustified,” the group said in a statement.

Lenders dumped shares of Anil Ambani group companies they held as the value of their collateral plummeted about 126 billion rupees ($1.8 billion) this month, adding to
the litany of woes plaguing the Indian billionaire.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/news (https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/news/lenders-dump-anil-ambani-group-after-dollar18-billion-of-value-wiped-out/ar-BBTkci8?OCID=ansmsnnews11)

Itsback
03-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Homeless in US: A deepening crisis on the streets of America

They seem to be almost everywhere, in places old and new, no age spared. Sleeping on cardboard or bare ground, the homeless come together under bridges and trees, their belongings in plastic bags symbolising lives on the move.

https://www.bbc.com/news (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45442596)

https://youtu.be/I28_9eAwEW4

Itsback
03-22-2019, 04:31 AM
First comes the company "Oracle" and then comes IT workers who join the company after 10 years. The pioneers or company owners must be more hard working.

Look at first 30 years of Boeing, Airbus etc..... All the employees/workers were Americans and they are hard working.

Indians could be job takers or undertakers. Companies worldwide are going down.

Itsback
04-14-2019, 09:00 AM
Companies who hire workers on H1-B visas must be asked to pay $200,000 for each worker they bring to America. Business migration to America cost $700,000 to $1 million

Itsback
04-16-2019, 10:27 AM
$1800 monthly expenses for American man and his wife

I got this:

My wife and I are DONE with the rat race. We're ready to quit our jobs and start enjoying life outside of the rat race. We both make good money, but realize it's not worth it anymore.

We're both nearing 40, have paid off a substantial amount of debt. We now have $125k saved, and our monthly expenses are $1,800 which I think we could reduce a bit further. We're both looking to supplement income by running an online business, or doing work online for passive income.

The only thing that's currently stopping us is the fear of the unknown. We're both very healthy, but worry about health insurance and not having it. Other than that, it's just general fear.

enhanced_deficit
05-18-2019, 06:38 AM
Or not. MH1BGA?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083705208834834433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfwhttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/clear.gif Reply With Quote (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6733646)

H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.

If true he crossed that threshold where what the hell is the point of supporting him anymore. It took a few years to finally say $#@! Trump. I'm out.

We ended up with a 3rd Bush Presidency. At this point I want to see him crushed by his opposition and I don't give a $#@! about the consequences. I want him to go down for this great betrayal for putting Americans and his supporters last.

May 16, 2019

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you. Please. Thank you. Thank you very much. We are here on this very beautiful spring day in the Rose Garden to unveil our plan to create a fair, modern, and lawful system of immigration for the United States, and it's about time.

(APPLAUSE)

Only 12 percent of legal immigrants are selected based on skill or based on merit. In countries like Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and others, that number is closer to 60 percent, and even 70 percent and 75 percent in some cases. The biggest change we make is to increase the proportion of highly skilled immigration from 12 percent to 57 percent, and we'd like to even see if we can go higher.

(APPLAUSE)

This will bring us in line with other countries and make us globally competitive.

At the same time, we prioritize the immediate family of new Americans, spouses and children. The loved ones you choose to build a life with we prioritize. And we have to do that. They go right to the front of the line, right to the front of the line where they should be.

(APPLAUSE)

America's last major overhaul of our legal admissions policy was 54 years ago. Think of that. So, a major update, and that's what this is, a merit system and a heart system, is long overdue. The millions of illegal immigrants who have come to America over the past half-century are now cherished members of our national family.

(APPLAUSE)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/16/watch_live_president_trump_expected_to_unveil_new_ immigration_plan.html

Related

Trump reiterates claim that he wants more legal immigration (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532264-Trump-reiterates-claim-that-he-wants-more-legal-immigration&)

devil21
05-18-2019, 10:22 AM
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/16/watch_live_president_trump_expected_to_unveil_new_ immigration_plan.html

Related

Trump reiterates claim that he wants more legal immigration (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532264-Trump-reiterates-claim-that-he-wants-more-legal-immigration&)

Coincidence that he mentions the other overt british crown colonies as examples? I think not....

Swordsmyth
05-18-2019, 05:26 PM

Related

The plan (which will not pass and is not intended to) DOES NOT INCREASE immigration.

Bluesea
08-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Fwiw, I've heard from very reliable sources that visas for foreign born workers are becoming harder to obtain. Whether that applies to the multi-nationals/Silicon Valley also, as opposed to being only a problem for smallish biz, I don't know. I'd guess the big boys aren't hampered but that's supposition.

Boeing has been partially outsourcing software development to low-paid subcontractors to save costs, Bloomberg has learned, suggesting that inadequate quality control practices may have contributed to fatal 737 MAX crashes. Newly graduated programmers employed by third-party software developers – including Indian HCL Technologies Ltd and Cyient Ltd – were making as little as $9 an hour, roughly four times less than their own experienced engineers who Boeing was actively laying off.

https://www.rt.com/news (https://www.rt.com/news/463031-boeing-software-outsourced-costs)

Bluesea
08-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Google Warning: Tens Of Millions Of Android Phones Come Preloaded With Dangerous Malware

Millions of shiny new Android smartphones are being purchased with dangerous malware factory-installed, according to Google's own security research team. There have been multiple headlines about the millions of harmful apps being installed from the Play Store, but this is something new. And the danger to unsuspecting users, trusting that new boxed devices are safe and clean, is that some of that preinstalled malware can download other malware in the background, commit ad fraud, or even take over its host device.

https://www.forbes.com/sites (https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/08/10/google-warning-tens-of-millions-of-android-phones-come-preloaded-with-dangerous-malware/#4bd9b99eddb3)