PDA

View Full Version : Who was the annoying "moderator"?

xao
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM
All of the females in my family thought she was a B***h. I didn't say it, they did. I saw some news people mentioning that she was a democract. Is that true? She did strike me as a bit uptight, like hillary.

Luther
12-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Whatever her shortfalls, it was the most fair "debate" so far.

xao
12-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Whatever her shortfalls, it was the most fair "debate" so far.

I think it was fairer than the other debates for sure, but still pathetic overall.

Isn't it possible to have a quality debate in this country and have a competent host/moderator? She totally stumbled and skipped over Alan Keyes, even if he is a bit emotional, it was rude.

jgmaynard
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Actually, my girlfriend called her the same thing. LOL. I said to her that she made Lillith Stern look warm and compassionate. :)

JM

Luther
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I think it was fairer than the other debates for sure, but still pathetic overall.

Isn't it possible to have a quality debate in this country and have a competent host/moderator? She totally stumbled and skipped over Alan Keyes, even if he is a bit emotional, it was rude.

I remember watching the recent presidential debate in France. The moderator basically just sat there, guiding the conversation from time to time, while the candidates actually debated. The virtue of a real debate is that the candidates have the opportunity to distinguish themselves based on their ideas and understanding; the strengths and weaknesses of their positions are clarified; they have to say what they believe. Those are characteristics of the political process in a functioning democratic system, which is certainly not what we have in this country. The aristocracy is this country will do everything in their power to prevent informed decisions from being made by the electorate. So instead of real debates, the people are implored to make electoral decisions based on these joint press conferences, where winners are determined by "qualities" such as charm, wit, salesmanship, and hair.

gornandez@yahoo.com
12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
" the people are implored to make electoral decisions based on these joint press conferences, "

ive watched every GOP debate this year and i still dont think ive seen ONE DEBATE. i mean wtf... its sick... i want some debates like that frwnch one youre talking about for the USA damnit. i want it i want it i want it gimme gimme gimme gimme c'mon... sheez

Luther
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
" the people are implored to make electoral decisions based on these joint press conferences, "

ive watched every GOP debate this year and i still dont think ive seen ONE DEBATE. i mean wtf... its sick... i want some debates like that frwnch one youre talking about for the USA damnit. i want it i want it i want it gimme gimme gimme gimme c'mon... sheez

It's not going to happen until there is a revolution, like the French Revolution, though hopefully less violent.

hueylong
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
she was the editor of the Des Moines Register

conner_condor
12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Hillarys cousin maybe?

im_a_pepper
12-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I was waiting for her to turn to Tancredo, Keyes or Hunter and say,

"...you are the weakest link. Goodbye."

jlink7
12-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Did anybody else notice how on all the questions directed at Giuliani that she followed up his answer with another followup question that allowed him to expand on his viewpoints at all? I didn't really notice anybody else getting that sort of treatment...

xao
12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Did anybody else notice how on all the questions directed at Giuliani that she followed up his answer with another followup question that allowed him to expand on his viewpoints at all? I didn't really notice anybody else getting that sort of treatment...

I noticed that. She also did that little "help thing" with huckabee too. Huckabee was crashing on a question and she had him clarify. She was pathetic.

angrydragon
12-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Since most everyone is the same on GOP candidates list, all of them should debate Ron Paul one-on-one.

Paulitician
12-13-2007, 01:11 AM
I was waiting for her to turn to Tancredo, Keyes or Hunter and say,

"...you are the weakest link. Goodbye."
LOL :D

Thank you for making me laugh.

Bradley in DC
12-13-2007, 04:55 AM
http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2007/12/have_we_met.html#comments

Have We Met?

At some point watching today’s debate, it dawned on us: we’ve seen this no-nonsense demeanor, black and white wardrobe and excessive blush application before. Des Moines Register debate moderator Carolyn Washburn, it occured to us, is a dead ringer for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg:

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/debatemoderator.jpg

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/ruthbadar.jpg