PDA

View Full Version : Turkey accuses US of failing to abide by deal on Syrian town

Swordsmyth
09-29-2018, 10:11 PM
Turkey's president in remarks published Friday accused the United States of failing to abide by a deal for a U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish militia to withdraw from a town it had liberated from Islamic State militants in northern Syria.Washington and Ankara struck the deal in June to defuse tensions. It calls for the militia to leave the strategic town of Manbij and for joint Turkish-U.S. patrols there.
Ankara considers the Kurdish People's Protection Units or YPG militia a terror group that's part of a Kurdish insurgency within Turkey.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the U.S. hasn't honored the agreed-on "roadmap" for Manbij. His comments were published in Hurriyet newspaper.
"America has not kept up with the roadmap and schedule for Manbij," Erdogan said. "The (YPG) has not left the region."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-accuses-us-failing-abide-deal-syrian-town-074830653.html

oyarde
09-29-2018, 10:19 PM
Why is turkey making deals about syrian towns in the first place ? Seems also like pot calling kettle black for turkey to cry about deals not being held to .

goldenequity
09-29-2018, 11:04 PM
Why is turkey making deals about syrian towns in the first place ? Seems also like pot calling kettle black for turkey to cry about deals not being held to .
https://imgfast.net/users/3715/65/05/91/smiles/2713748720.gif

osan
09-30-2018, 01:56 AM
Turkey's president in remarks published Friday accused the United States of failing to abide by a deal for a U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish militia to withdraw from a town it had liberated from Islamic State militants in northern Syria.Washington and Ankara struck the deal in June to defuse tensions. It calls for the militia to leave the strategic town of Manbij and for joint Turkish-U.S. patrols there.
Ankara considers the Kurdish People's Protection Units or YPG militia a terror group that's part of a Kurdish insurgency within Turkey.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the U.S. hasn't honored the agreed-on "roadmap" for Manbij. His comments were published in Hurriyet newspaper.
"America has not kept up with the roadmap and schedule for Manbij," Erdogan said. "The (YPG) has not left the region."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-accuses-us-failing-abide-deal-syrian-town-074830653.html

Were Russia to accidentally drop 23 nukes on the major population centers of Turkey, I'd have a rough time squeezing out a tear.

I'm only half-serious, of course, saturation bombing of those places would be plenty good enough for me. HA HA HA HA...

But seriously, Turkey has got to be one of the most pugnacious nations on the planet. They need to be silenced. Moreso, they should be neutralized where the Kurds are concerned. I can easily see a day where those bastards encore their performance with the Armenians. They are a degenerate culture, IMO.

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 01:59 AM
Were Russia to accidentally drop 23 nukes on the major population centers of Turkey, I'd have a rough time squeezing out a tear.

I'm only half-serious, of course, saturation bombing of those places would be plenty good enough for me. HA HA HA HA...

But seriously, Turkey has got to be one of the most pugnacious nations on the planet. They need to be silenced. Moreso, they should be neutralized where the Kurds are concerned. I can easily see a day where those bastards encore their performance with the Armenians. They are a degenerate culture, IMO.

Whether or not you are right about the people in general and their culture Erdo is a madman and in my opinion he is likely to be the one who starts the next big war.

osan
09-30-2018, 02:07 AM
Whether or not you are right about the people in general and their culture Erdo is a madman and in my opinion he is likely to be the one who starts the next big war.

Well, the history pretty well condemns them.

Then again, history condemns us all. We, and I mean damned nearly every last stinking one of us, tolerates that which is ostensibly done in our names. So who, then, is REALLY to blame? As I've written so many times before, one cannot in a sense blame the politician for his perfidies, for it is akin to blaming the snake for biting; it is the nature of the beast to be corrupt and disrespectful of his fellows. This is the foundation upon which "government" is built.

That we do not rise as one and slit the throats of every last one of them is the deeper shame and culpability. We are ultimately to blame for the state of the world because we willfully refuse to put evil to its rightful end. All that is needed for evil to flourish...

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 02:15 AM
Well, the history pretty well condemns them.

Then again, history condemns us all. We, and I mean damned nearly every last stinking one of us, tolerates that which is ostensibly done in our names. So who, then, is REALLY to blame? As I've written so many times before, one cannot in a sense blame the politician for his perfidies, for it is akin to blaming the snake for biting; it is the nature of the beast to be corrupt and disrespectful of his fellows. This is the foundation upon which "government" is built.

That we do not rise as one and slit the throats of every last one of them is the deeper shame and culpability. We are ultimately to blame for the state of the world because we willfully refuse to put evil to its rightful end. All that is needed for evil to flourish...

But we also have other responsibilities to our families etc. and a responsibility to not jump out of the frying pan and into the fire by destroying the current order only to see it replaced by something worse.

And one can and should blame the politicians because they are not a different species, they are humans like the rest of us.

In any case I was not seeking to defend the Turks as much as I was pointing out that Erdo is a much bigger problem than they were before he took power, I don't know enough about Turks to say how much they are in harmony with their leaders.

osan
09-30-2018, 03:08 AM
But we also have other responsibilities to our families etc. and a responsibility to not jump out of the frying pan and into the fire by destroying the current order only to see it replaced by something worse.

I didn't write that we should do this or that, but the Russians. They won't so no worries even there.

And one can and should blame the politicians because they are not a different species, they are humans like the rest of us.

But not without assuming OUR culpability first and foremost. Sure, hold them accountable, of course. Hell, hang the lot of them. But it avails us nothing if we remain corrupted.

][quoteIn any case I was not seeking to defend the Turks as much as I was pointing out that Erdo is a much bigger problem than they were before he took power, I don't know enough about Turks to say how much they are in harmony with their leaders.[/QUOTE]

Enough not to be making noises.

Silence is consent.

homahr
10-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Is the US strategy to play Turkey and the Kurds against each other? Maybe this will work.