PDA

View Full Version : Trump orders FBI investigation of Kavanaugh, as McConnell says nomination is 'moving' forward

Zippyjuan
09-28-2018, 05:29 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/28/senate-gop-leaders-agree-to-seek-additional-fbi-background-investigation-into-brett-kavanaugh-before-final-vote.html

President Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct a limited "supplemental" background investigation into the allegations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Republicans are "moving" forward with plans to vote.

“I’ve ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week.”

Trump's order came after after several undecided senators whose votes are needed to confirm Kavanaugh called for a weeklong FBI probe before a floor vote.

The Senate had been expected to begin debate on Kavanaugh's nomination this weekend, but after Trump's order, McConnell adjourned the body until Monday. A potential confirmation vote may not come until late next week, next weekend or perhaps the week of Oct. 7.

"This is a nomination that deserves to move forward -- and that is precisely what is happening," McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor Friday.

Added McConnell, "Now we will keep the process moving."

Earlier Friday, under pressure from Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee asked for a FBI investigation “limited to current credible allegations against the nominee," saying it "must be completed no later than one week from today.”

Kavanaugh, who has denied all the allegations, said in a statement he will "cooperate."

“Throughout this process, I’ve been interviewed by the FBI, I’ve done a number of 'background' calls directly with the Senate, and yesterday, I answered questions under oath about every topic the senators and their counsel asked me,” Kavanaugh said in a statement. “I’ve done everything they have requested and will continue to cooperate.”

For days, Republicans have resisted calls from Democrats for the FBI to investigate the claims of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh dating back to high school and college, saying they were capable of investigating the allegations themselves.

But that changed Friday after Flake, who earlier in the day announced he would endorse Kavanaugh, called for a delay in a full floor vote to allow for an FBI inquiry “limited in time and scope.”

While backing Kavanaugh at the committee level, Flake said he'd only be comfortable moving ahead on the floor if the FBI investigates further.

Several other senators -- both Republican and Democrat -- on the fence joined Flake in supporting the move.

“I support this sensible agreement,” Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, said.

“In order to fully and fairly complete our due diligence, allowing the FBI up to one week to supplement its background investigation is appropriate,” said Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska.

“I support Sen. Flake’s call for a non-partisan FBI investigation into the allegations about Judge Kavanaugh – which I’ve been pressing for,” said Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D.

"I applaud Senator Jeff Flake’s decision to rise above the partisan circus on display during this entire process,” said Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va.

When asked if they could get the investigation done in a week, a senior FBI official told Fox News, "That depends on the schedules of everyone we'd have to interview, including the accuser, accused and witnesses.”

More at link.

phill4paul
09-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Several other senators -- both Republican and Democrat -- on the fence joined Flake in supporting the move.

There are no Democrats "sitting on the fence."

phill4paul
09-28-2018, 06:32 PM
Trump should probably ask Strozk and Page lead the investigation.

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Trump should probably ask Strozk and Page lead the investigation.

I was thinking Mueller, but you're right, they are not busy right now and they would be perfect choices. Did Trump give this order to Sessions, Rosenstein or Wray?

UWDude
09-28-2018, 08:15 PM
Oh Trump and his fiddle.
Never been to a funnier hoe-down in my life.
The way he plays, and they just dance, and dance and dance.
He knows he has a winner with this one. This is gonna make America see red for a long time.
And Kavanaugh will be the next SC judge... ..right before election day.
It's not like he is taking chances.

He plays to that thirst for bloody justice so well.
How far will he take it? All the way to 1789?
I suppose beheading aristocrats is against the NAP.
I suppose I don't care either.
I really am looking forward to that military parade, 11/11, to be honest.
The maneuvering of this guy, is quite amazing.
He is a walking art of war, and art of deal.
And I believe, if he is willing to Nuke North Korea.
He is willing to have mass military tribunals for all the traitors that have infested the US government.
It is unfortunate for the left, that they are being exposed/executed first.
They can rest assured the counter revolution will occur as well. Trump will probably have died of old age, by then.
But if I play my cards just right, I might get to be on the death squads for both revolution and counter-revolution.
Justice is so severely needed.
And for that reason, I am deeply afraid he was not, and never has been willing to nuke north korea.

BTW Dr. Ford is deeply connected to the CIA.

The left, rejected a martyr-hero religion, only to push themselves into wanting to out-martyr their now hated original martyr religion. Out- jesus and out-love the hated stupid fairytale duped christians.

It is one of those unexpected first world diseases, like obesity is. Humanity is always full of surprises.

So they are pushing themselves further and further to right where they want to go.
They want to be martyred. Oh yes, their personal lives are so boring, (a symptom of following trends and not your center) they are so wrapped up in hate, and their social media image, tragedy is the most dramatic way to feel. So righteous, so callously destroyed.
Like a beautiful, open minded, caring understanding and mindful of other peoples cultures American woman being forced to submit to some mideastern islamic brute. Shivers.

So Kavenaugh one drunken night just pushed a woman he was drinking with against a wall, and started giving her a tonsil examination with his tongue? Sounds like somebody was about to get lucky.

That female suicide rate is going to start skyrocketing. Feminism will claim it is because of patriarchal oppression. In reality it will be because they latched on to a life of pleasing others. Even the desire to out-martyr the Christians, was all done out of caring about what the people they thought were duped stupid thought. Furthermore, it will be because of patriarchal genuflecting. Men will be unable to be men.

That is dupe stupiderer than even dupe stupid, which is pretty stupid.

Aratus
09-28-2018, 08:27 PM
I want to change my vote from "NO" to "YES" because over the past 24 hours
Jeff Flake got POTUS Trump to inflict the FBI for one week on most of the folks
around Brett Kavanaugh, upon realizing nobody had ever dug deep, despite his
being right next to the good folks around the "W" after 911. This is a first, I feel.
Four Republicans have less of an excuse to flip in terms of Majority Leader Mitch.

Aratus
09-28-2018, 08:30 PM
I voted "NO" in the poll. Right now, Jeff Flake worked out a compromise.
The Democrats would have preferred a 2 to 4 week FBI investigation...

Aratus
09-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Emotionally, since the poll asked if he'd get
on our highest court, not IF he is the most
capable person to be in the position, my heart
thinks he is an idiot but my brain says that
Mitch McConnell has bulldozered him thru it.

Aratus
09-28-2018, 08:38 PM
I was thinking Mueller, but you're right, they are not busy right now and they would be perfect choices. Did Trump give this order to Sessions, Rosenstein or Wray?

Why not have all of the above expedite this. Sessions, Rosenstein, Wray, Strozk and Page.
Why not have FBI people who were close to Clinton, Bush & Obama hit the pavement like
as if J.Edgar Hoover had just resurrected up from his final resting place. Question 200 to
1000 people, sent in the older, veteran agents who remember the Reaganite 1980s in full.

Aratus
09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
Then, after a really big and final report on the whole bloody mess is done, praise
them all for their service and send them out the door by requesting they all resign.

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2018, 09:27 PM
This is gonna make America see red for a long time.

Reminded of LBJ for some reason.

How many beers have you had tonight, Judge?

RonZeplin
09-28-2018, 10:11 PM
Filing a FOIA request on the FBI "Sluts of Bethesda, MD" report.

devil21
09-29-2018, 10:54 AM
Wait, I'm confused. Didn't Trump have a yuge problem with the FBI and even fire their Director recently? Now he trusts them to do an investigation into his SCOTUS nominee? It's so confusing trying to remember when I'm supposed to trust the FBI and when I'm not! /s

I'm sure this FBI report will drop some new bombshell that starts the drama all over again for the floor vote.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Wait, I'm confused. Didn't Trump have a yuge problem with the FBI and even fire their Director recently? Now he trusts them to do an investigation into his SCOTUS nominee? It's so confusing trying to remember when I'm supposed to trust the FBI and when I'm not! /s

I'm sure this FBI report will drop some new bombshell that starts the drama all over again for the floor vote.

It will probably depend upon how many never-Trump, resist agents are on the case.

ThePaleoLibertarian
09-29-2018, 11:01 AM
The FBI will find nothing and then the Democrats will claim the investigation wasn't long enough to find the truth, that nothing can be figured out in a week (other than Hillary's innocence after the Weiner computer discovery, of course).

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2018, 11:02 AM
The Democrat strategy is starting to reveal itself. They will spend a week saying this person and that person and this angle needs to be investigated by the FBI, and when one of their “demands” is not met, they will call it an incomplete investigation.

homahr
09-29-2018, 12:54 PM
This whole thing is tiresome. Why did Trump order an investigation? What's his strategy?

r3volution 3.0
09-29-2018, 01:02 PM
This whole thing is tiresome. Why did Trump order an investigation? What's his strategy?

His advisors' strategy is to prevent the Dems from credibly claiming that the GOP doesn't care about sexual assault.

This was probably the best move for the GOP under the circumstances, though they'll still take a bit of a hit come election time, IMO.

devil21
09-29-2018, 04:16 PM
The Democrat strategy is starting to reveal itself. They will spend a week saying this person and that person and this angle needs to be investigated by the FBI, and when one of their “demands” is not met, they will call it an incomplete investigation.

However, it was a Republican that initiated the idea in the first place.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2018, 04:37 PM

After all of the Democrats trapped him in a side room and pressured him.

dannno
09-29-2018, 04:50 PM

Rino?

phill4paul
09-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Why not have all of the above expedite this. Sessions, Rosenstein, Wray, Strozk and Page.
Why not have FBI people who were close to Clinton, Bush & Obama hit the pavement like
as if J.Edgar Hoover had just resurrected up from his final resting place. Question 200 to
1000 people, sent in the older, veteran agents who remember the Reaganite 1980s in full.

"Red scare."

phill4paul
09-29-2018, 05:05 PM

Pussy. He identifies as a pussy.

Aratus
09-29-2018, 06:27 PM
Had poor JEFF FLAKE voted "NO" on Friday, the vote
on the Senate Floor never would have happened.
His week delay indeed gives the moderates in the GOP
an excuse to vote along with good ole Senator Mitch.

phill4paul
09-29-2018, 06:32 PM
Had poor JEFF FLAKE voted "NO" on Friday, the vote
on the Senate Floor never would have happened.
His week delay indeed gives the moderates in the GOP
an excuse to vote along with good ole Senator Mitch.

But, it exposes the true moderates. Every Dem will vote no. Regardless of the investigation. Republicans, for the most part, are fucking pussies. Why? Because most Americans, as portrayed by media and Hollywood, are pussies and they seek relevance. They still can't grock the concept of the silent majority. Even after all pools prove false.

devil21
09-30-2018, 12:17 AM

Flake's not running for re-election and his term is almost over. Not sure what pressuring him would accomplish. He's not fighting for his job. He volunteered this.

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 12:21 AM
Flake's not running for re-election and his term is almost over. Not sure what pressuring him would accomplish. He's not fighting for his job. He volunteered this.
Because he is a flake and a NeverTrumper, he wants to please the media and the leftists for personal reasons and he wants to throw monkey-wrenches into the Trump administration.

devil21
09-30-2018, 12:43 AM
Because he is a flake and a NeverTrumper, he wants to please the media and the leftists for personal reasons and he wants to throw monkey-wrenches into the Trump administration.

So Trump's response is to do exactly what Flake suggested? Did you forget the thread you were posting in or do you have to put out so many fires on Trump threads that the thread topic doesn't even matter anymore?

Someone else commented that Trump's wounds are almost entirely self-inflicted, even though he complains about them all. Add another one to the pile then.

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 12:50 AM
So Trump's response is to do exactly what Flake suggested? Did you forget the thread you were posting in or do you have to put out so many fires on Trump threads that the thread topic doesn't even matter anymore?

Someone else commented that Trump's wounds are almost entirely self-inflicted, even though he complains about them all. Add another one to the pile then.
Trump wants to put him in a position where he is embarrassed if he doesn't vote for Kavanaugh since embarrassment is a key motivator with Flake, in order to do that you let him have his FBI investigation and then when nothing is found he has to vote yes, if Trump refused Flake would use it as an excuse to vote no and several other moderates would likely follow suit and Kavanaugh wouldn't pass, obviously the moderates and flakes made it clear they were willing to vote no and that is why Ford was given some of her demands and the hearing took place even though she blew the deadline to agree.

Your grasp of politics is truly pitiful.

osan
09-30-2018, 01:41 AM
I am of two minds on this.

For one thing, even the FBI says such an investigation is not in their bailiwick. Therefore, the lefties as represented redundantly by the Democrats is unreasonable, idiotic, not in keeping with operational propriety, and thereby the granting of which sets a potentially VERY dangerous precedent.

On the other hand, given the corner into which Trump has been painted, it would seem a slick move in leaving the Democrats nowhere to go in the sense that he is clearly bending over backward to give them that for which they are pitching foot-stamping tantrums.

The bit that bothers me most is that Trump nominated Kavanaugh in the first place. I have little doubt he may be a decent human being, but his record on the 4A seems dismal enough that I do not want him on the bench. And here is yet another anecdotal point that leads me to wonder what Trump is REALLY about. Why was Kavanaugh his first choice when he could have nominated Amy Barrett, who appears to my limited vision to be a pretty strict constructionist?

That said, I am wondering whether the Democrats are nailing the lid shut on their own coffins, as out of nowhere not one, but three women come out of the vapors to accuse the man of being a rapist. For one thing, dragging out the "rape culture" card is IMO a huge mistake in terms of credibility. It's not been explicitly mentioned that I can tell, but the innuendo is thick to the point "rape culture" need not be stated in so many words.

Then there are the apparent connections to the hard "left" by this lying Ford "woman"... Soros, and so forth. Nothing to see there, right?

Now it appears to be coming out that she is not only a boozer, but was a bit of a tramp at the time in question. Act a certain way, get regarded a certain way. This is basic human reality at work. Lefties can howl about "slut shaming" all they want; it's not going to change the minds of those who would judge the woman's credibility, given the totality of the circumstance under which she chose to come publicly forward. I would also point out that in my day teen parties were pretty wild. Those of half a generation later were even wilder, so I can fully believe that Ford behaved in full-slut fashion, which is not to condemn her on that basis, whore that she apparently is ( :) ), but to point out that if you're going to play rough, you cannot claim babe-in-the-woods status after the fact and expect to be taken as credible.

I remember a situation like this from high school in Freehold NJ. Robin R, with whom I myself had had some "contact" - a nominally "nice" girl - got in over her head at another party we'd all attended, and then cried and hoomered about it later on. She wanted to play, but didn't want the consequences that might come after playing. The implication there was bordering on rape, and even at 17 I was smart enough to know it was bullshit, particularly in light of the knowledge of where my own hands had at times been in relation to certain bodily structures on that particular young girl. Few things are so despicable as one who bellies up to play, gets more than that for which they bargained, and then cries about it. Utterly revolting to behold.

Then there's the nonsense about Kavanaugh "exposing" himself. For one thing, what were the circumstances under which it was done, if we assume it ever was? One miss Hollis E. dared me to whip it out one evening in her kitchen in the dorms. Shit happens and it is completely innocent where there is not force - especially on conditions of dares and the similar. Once again, playing the game, not liking the result and retreating into victimhood is every bit as despicable as child molesting. I have no respect for such people. Get in over your head, cowboy the hell up, be glad you didn't sustain lifelong injury, and be an adult about it. This sissy shit is for lesser humans. WAY lesser.

And isn't the hypocrisy of these people not to be believed? Consider how they go on and on with their support of all manner of behavior including that of gross sexual deviance and even criminality on the one hand, with what basically boils down to "anything goes" - but what can one expect from people who celebrate the murder of late-term fetuses? But when it is good and convenient, they attempt to wax all priggish and puritanical, simultaneously cheering on the woman who places herself in a position and condemning the man in the same circumstance, once again positing the innuendo that men are rapists no matter what and that women are victims regardless of the specifics.

This element of American political relations is deeply sick.

nikcers
09-30-2018, 01:48 AM
The bit that bothers me most is that Trump nominated Kavanaugh in the first place..

This guy gets it. This is how Trumps drunken monkey style truly works. They take this narrative that this guy has to be decent because the democrats are putting on a side show, and then they tell you that you are a democrat if you don't support this Judge that literally doesn't give a fuck about the 4th amendment. The fact that this guy is even considered for anything besides treason is beyond me. I don't know how you guys could cheer for such a corrupt piece of establishment shit.

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 01:50 AM
This guy gets it. This is how Trumps drunken monkey style truly works. They take this narrative that this guy has to be decent because the democrats are putting on a side show, and then they tell you that you are a democrat if you don't support this Judge that literally doesn't give a $#@! about the 4th amendment. The fact that this guy is even considered for anything besides treason is beyond me. I don't know how you guys could cheer for such a corrupt piece of establishment $#@!.

Please point to one post where someone is cheering for Kavanaugh.

nikcers
09-30-2018, 01:59 AM
Please point to one post where someone is cheering for Kavanaugh.

me in my signature :)

William Tell
09-30-2018, 09:46 AM
But, it exposes the true moderates. Every Dem will vote no. Regardless of the investigation. Republicans, for the most part, are $#@!ing pussies. Why? Because most Americans, as portrayed by media and Hollywood, are pussies and they seek relevance. They still can't grock the concept of the silent majority. Even after all pools prove false.If all the Republicans vote yes I think Manchin does too to save his hide. If there aren't enough R's to confirm I think the nomination is pulled and it doesn't come to a vote.

Brian4Liberty
09-30-2018, 10:05 AM

I wonder if any of them mentioned McCain to him? “What would McCain do? He was very non-partisan and fair. And what a wonderful funeral he had. Everyone loved him for that.”

Yes, he is a never-Trumper and a RINO. And what are his future plans? Who is offering him jobs post-Senate? Does he think this will help him with a future political campaign?

Brian4Liberty
09-30-2018, 10:13 AM
The bit that bothers me most is that Trump nominated Kavanaugh in the first place. I have little doubt he may be a decent human being, but his record on the 4A seems dismal enough that I do not want him on the bench. And here is yet another anecdotal point that leads me to wonder what Trump is REALLY about. Why was Kavanaugh his first choice when he could have nominated Amy Barrett, who appears to my limited vision to be a pretty strict constructionist?

IIRC, one of the staff that was helping Trump choose was a big Kavanaugh supporter, and he was smart enough to be the last person that spoke to Trump before he made an announcement. I believe part of the argument to Trump for Kavanaugh was that Kavanaugh firmly believes that a sitting POTUS could not be taken to court.

Kavanaugh was not the best choice, that’s for sure. A Bushie and no friend to the 4th in the capacity of a Bush staffer. Who knows, maybe he’s one of those guys that will reverse himself as a Judge. “Ha, don’t give me that bullish!t argument, I used it myself, so I know it’s BS.”

devil21
09-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Trump wants to put him in a position where he is embarrassed if he doesn't vote for Kavanaugh since embarrassment is a key motivator with Flake, in order to do that you let him have his FBI investigation and then when nothing is found he has to vote yes, if Trump refused Flake would use it as an excuse to vote no and several other moderates would likely follow suit and Kavanaugh wouldn't pass, obviously the moderates and flakes made it clear they were willing to vote no and that is why Ford was given some of her demands and the hearing took place even though she blew the deadline to agree.

Your grasp of politics is truly pitiful.

So your expert grasp of politics says that Trump will subject his nominee and himself to even more negative media media attention, more harassment and more monkeywrenches all to embarrass a Senator that will be out of office in a few months?? If that is what Trump is actually doing then it's not me with a pitiful grasp of politics. It's Trump and everyone around him that lets him do it! Flake already voted to confirm him out of committee! 48D politics is about giving Flake the opportunity to change his mind on the floor vote????

Or perhaps the real story is that they want to keep the drama going in the lead up to the mid-terms and the Kav ratings and donations metrics are too good to let go, knowing that Kav will be confirmed regardless.

Which is more reasonable? Money motive or Trump shooting himself in the foot once again? Hmm, tough call.

-----------------

IIRC, one of the staff that was helping Trump choose was a big Kavanaugh supporter, and he was smart enough to be the last person that spoke to Trump before he made an announcement. I believe part of the argument to Trump for Kavanaugh was that Kavanaugh firmly believes that a sitting POTUS could not be taken to court.

Kavanaugh was not the best choice, that’s for sure. A Bushie and no friend to the 4th in the capacity of a Bush staffer. Who knows, maybe he’s one of those guys that will reverse himself as a Judge. “Ha, don’t give me that bullish!t argument, I used it myself, so I know it’s BS.”

Fix your quoted post above please Brian. I did not post that, osan did.

Brian4Liberty
09-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Then there are the apparent connections to the hard "left" by this lying Ford "woman"... Soros, and so forth. Nothing to see there, right?

Now it appears to be coming out that she is not only a boozer, but was a bit of a tramp at the time in question. Act a certain way, get regarded a certain way. This is basic human reality at work. Lefties can howl about "slut shaming" all they want; it's not going to change the minds of those who would judge the woman's credibility, given the totality of the circumstance under which she chose to come publicly forward. I would also point out that in my day teen parties were pretty wild. Those of half a generation later were even wilder, so I can fully believe that Ford behaved in full-slut fashion, which is not to condemn her on that basis, whore that she apparently is ( ), but to point out that if you're going to play rough, you cannot claim babe-in-the-woods status after the fact and expect to be taken as credible.

Wouldn’t it be ironic (and perfectly appropriate) if the FBI “investigation” looked into those aspects of this salacious circus?

RJB
09-30-2018, 10:27 AM
Wouldn’t it be ironic (and perfectly appropriate) if the FBI “investigation” looked into those aspects of this salacious circus?

I am wondering that too. Trump is a big student of Sun Tzu.

devil21
09-30-2018, 10:29 AM
The next twist in the plot is probably one of the accusers being charged with lying to the FBI. That would raise the fever pitch nicely.

(While Elon Musk screws Tesla stock investors out of billions by blatantly breaking SEC law and tweeting false info and gets a tiny fine.)

Brian4Liberty
09-30-2018, 10:39 AM
The next twist in the plot is probably one of the accusers being charged with lying to the FBI. That would raise the fever pitch nicely.

And they can do it to whoever they want, whenever they want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYc6WrfCFk

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 03:28 PM
I wonder if any of them mentioned McCain to him? “What would McCain do? He was very non-partisan and fair. And what a wonderful funeral he had. Everyone loved him for that.”

Yes, he is a never-Trumper and a RINO. And what are his future plans? Who is offering him jobs post-Senate? Does he think this will help him with a future political campaign?
His name has been bandied about as a 2020 challenger to Trump.

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 03:46 PM
So your expert grasp of politics says that Trump will subject his nominee and himself to even more negative media media attention, more harassment and more monkeywrenches all to embarrass a Senator that will be out of office in a few months?? If that is what Trump is actually doing then it's not me with a pitiful grasp of politics. It's Trump and everyone around him that lets him do it! Flake already voted to confirm him out of committee! 48D politics is about giving Flake the opportunity to change his mind on the floor vote????

Or perhaps the real story is that they want to keep the drama going in the lead up to the mid-terms and the Kav ratings and donations metrics are too good to let go, knowing that Kav will be confirmed regardless.

Which is more reasonable? Money motive or Trump shooting himself in the foot once again? Hmm, tough call.
Flake only voted him out of committee because he was promised an FBI investigation and was embarrassed to vote against him if he was given one and he could still vote against him in the floor vote if he doesn't get an investigation and he would be able to get enough moderates to agree to vote no without the investigation to sink the nomination.

Please don't run for office, you would get eaten alive.

osan
09-30-2018, 04:02 PM

Let us hope that proves the case. I REALLY don't like it that he was involved in authoring PATRIOT. But perhaps it was a ladder climbing maneuver. Besides, when he made it he perhaps had no thought that he'd ever end up on the short list to become a SCOTUS-head. This is a REALLY big deal, career-wise and it could very conceivably alter his behavior on the bench. Only time will tell.

osan
09-30-2018, 04:10 PM

You kidding? It would be abfab. Imagine they find nothing on Kavanaugh, which is precisely was I think will be the case, but learn that she was a trash whore who'd do it with damned nearly anyone. I've read she had some 64 sex partners between HS and college. Good for her if it made her happy, but this "I'm so pure" act doesn't cut muster.

Zippyjuan
09-30-2018, 04:14 PM
You kidding? It would be abfab. Imagine they find nothing on Kavanaugh, which is precisely was I think will be the case, but learn that she was a trash whore who'd do it with damned nearly anyone. I've read she had some 64 sex partners between HS and college. Good for her if it made her happy, but this "I'm so pure" act doesn't cut muster.

If it is on the internet, it must be true.

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 06:31 PM
The Senate Judiciary Committee has referred an individual to the FBI/DOJ for criminal investigation after for potential "materially false statements" about US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/grassley%201_0.jpg
On Monday, Jeff Catalan of Newport, RI called Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse's office with "allegations concerning a rape on a boat in August of 1985," according to a transcript (https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/09.25.18%20BMK%20Interview%20Transcript%20(Redacte d).pdf) of the phone call.
Catalan claimed that in 1985, "a close acquaintance of the constituent was sexually assaulted by two heavily inebriated men she referred to at the time as Brett and Mark," reported CNN, citing the transcript and noting that the incident reportedly took place on a boat in Newport harbor. After Catalan's friend learned about the assault, "he and another individual went to the harbor, located the boat the victim had described and physically confronted the two men, leaving them with significant injuries," the report notes.
Whitehouse, a member of the Judiciary Committee, asked Kavanaugh about the incident Tuesday, which Kavanaugh denied.
"No," Kavanaugh said in a phone call with the Committee. "I was not in Newport, haven't been on a boat in Newport. Not with Mark Judge on a boat, nor all those three things combined. This is just completely made up, or at least not me. I don't know what they're referring to."
After a transcript of the call was released, Catalan recanted over Twitter, saying "Do everyone who is going crazy about what I had said I have recanted because I have made a mistake and apologize for such mistake."

Do everyone who is going crazy about what I had said I have recanted because I have made a mistake and apologize for such mistake
— Jeffrey Catalan (@JeffreyCatala16) September 26, 2018 (https://twitter.com/JeffreyCatala16/status/1045098674081214464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Over an hour after Catalan recanted, CNN ran a story (https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/26/politics/brett-kavanaugh-allegations/index.html) that included his accusation but not his recanting. Three hours later, they updated their story to include his backpedal.
A statement from the Judiciary Committee reads:
"One tip was referred to the committee by staff for Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.). While Whitehouse referred the accuser to a reporter, the committee took the claim seriously and questioned Judge Kavanaugh about the allegations under penalty of felony. Judge Kavanaugh denied any misconduct. After the transcripts of that interview became public, the individual recanted the claims on a social media post," reads a statement by the Judiciary Committee.
"...when individuals provide fabricated allegations to the Committee, diverting Committee resources during time-sensitive investigations, it materially impedes our work. Such acts are not only unfair; they are potentially illegal. It is illegal to make materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements to Congressional investigators. It is illegal to obstruct Committee investigations," Grassley says in the letter.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-30/grassley-refers-potential-false-kavanaugh-accuser-fbidoj-criminal-investigation

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 06:36 PM
A Senator from Arkansas said Saturday that the office of Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) as well as the attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford will be investigated as part of the fallout from the Democrat smear of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
“Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office will be investigated to determine whether it leaked a confidential letter from one of Brett Kavanaugh’s accusers, Sen. Tom Cotton said Sunday,” according to a report (https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/30/cotton-feinstein-ford-leaked-letter-854019). “Cotton, an Arkansas Republican, also said lawyers recommended to Christine Blasey Ford by Democrats will face a Washington, D.C., bar investigation for telling her that Senate Judiciary Committee staffers would not travel to California to interview her about her sexual-assault allegation.”
Both revelations – that Feinstein’s office likely leaked Ford’s confidential letter, and that her attorney’s failed to tell her that investigators would come to her in California – came from Ford’s testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/cotton-feinsteins-office-and-fords-lawyers-to-be-investigated/

osan
09-30-2018, 06:39 PM
If it is on the internet, it must be true.

And once again the salient point wafts right past you.

osan
09-30-2018, 06:44 PM
A Senator from Arkansas said Saturday that the office of Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) as well as the attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford will be investigated as part of the fallout from the Democrat smear of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
“Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office will be investigated to determine whether it leaked a confidential letter from one of Brett Kavanaugh’s accusers, Sen. Tom Cotton said Sunday,” according to a report (https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/30/cotton-feinstein-ford-leaked-letter-854019). “Cotton, an Arkansas Republican, also said lawyers recommended to Christine Blasey Ford by Democrats will face a Washington, D.C., bar investigation for telling her that Senate Judiciary Committee staffers would not travel to California to interview her about her sexual-assault allegation.”
Both revelations – that Feinstein’s office likely leaked Ford’s confidential letter, and that her attorney’s failed to tell her that investigators would come to her in California – came from Ford’s testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/cotton-feinsteins-office-and-fords-lawyers-to-be-investigated/

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Oh what a tangled web we weave...
Liars need to be smart, these people are stupid.

Swordsmyth
09-30-2018, 07:11 PM
Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., vowed Sunday to launch a thorough inquiry into Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out whether there was any wrongdoing in how they managed the sexual misconduct allegation Christine Blasey Ford leveled at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
"We're going to do a wholesale, full scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process to deter it from happening again," Graham said during an interview on ABC News' "This Week."
"The FBI will do a supplemental background investigation, then I'm going to call for an investigation of what happened in this committee. Who betrayed Dr. Ford's trust? Who in Feinstein's office recommended Katz as a lawyer? Why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California?" Graham continued, referring to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Debra Katz, one of Ford's attorneys who has been involved in Democratic politics in the past.

Trump also said he hoped an FBI probe into Ford's claims, which will delay the Senate's consideration of Kavanaugh's confirmation by a week, uncovers who leaked (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-fbi-should-find-leaker-in-kavanaugh-investigation) the letter to the press.
Graham added Sunday that he accepted Feinstein's denial.
"All I can tell you is it came from somebody with a political motive," he said. "No friend would do this to Dr. Ford."

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-promises-full-scale-probe-into-democrats-handling-of-ford-kavanaugh-allegation

Zippyjuan
09-30-2018, 10:06 PM
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national/trump-adviser-kellyanne-conway-says-she-was-victim-sexual-assault/yq8p0erGzLyJeHJ3g8SxyM/

Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway says she is a victim of sexual assault

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Donald Trump, made a personal revelation Sunday on CNN while discussing the testimonies of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Brett Kavanaugh.

Ford alleges that Kavanaugh, a judge who is a nominee to be an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, sexually assaulted her. Last week, both Ford and Kavanaugh testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I feel very empathetic, frankly, for victims of sexual assault, sexual harassment and rape. I’m a victim of sexual assault,” Conway said during an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union with Jake Tapper.” “I don’t expect Judge Kavanaugh or Jake Tapper or Jeff Flake or anybody to be held responsible for that. You have to be responsible for your own conduct.”

Conway went on to say that comparisons of Kavanaugh to Bill Cosby, who was sentenced to three to 10 years in state prison for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, are a disgrace.

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted Friday to advance Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court after a day of testimony Thursday from the nominee and Ford. President Trump has directed the FBI to launch a supplemental investigation into Kavanaugh.

More at link.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/05/kellyanne-conway-me-too-sexual-harassment-281050

Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday that she had her own “Me too” moment in which she decried sexual harassment during the 2016 presidential election but that “nobody cared” due to her political views.

Speaking at the POLITICO Women Rule Summit, the counselor to the president called out what she described as a double-standard in how the media perceives allegations of misconduct by men against liberal versus conservative women.

"Yes, of course I’ve had a ‘Me too’ moment, but nobody cared about that,” Conway said when asked by POLITICO’s Anna Palmer about her personal connection to the movement that has seen a wave of women speak out about acts of sexual impropriety by powerful men. “If we’re going to have an honest conversation everyone — you can’t pick and choose depending on somebody’s politics.”

According to Conway, a day after the release of the explosive “Access Hollywood” tape — in which then-candidate Donald Trump boasted about groping women during an off-camera conversation with host Billy Bush — she sought to denounce what she said were instances of sexual harassment by congressmen against her and other women during her time working as a Republican political operative in Washington, D.C. But she said she was ignored by the press.

Under fire to defend Trump’s lewd comments about women, Conway cast the lawmakers and officials criticizing his remarks as hypocrites during an interview with MSNBC last October.

"I would talk to some of the members of Congress out there," Conway said during an Oct. 9 appearance. "When I was younger and prettier, them rubbing up against girls, sticking their tongues down women's throats, uninvited, who didn't like it."

Jamesiv1
09-30-2018, 11:05 PM
https://www.calligraphydallas.com/stuff/kellyanne01.jpg

https://www.calligraphydallas.com/stuff/kellyanne02.jpg

devil21
10-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Flake only voted him out of committee because he was promised an FBI investigation and was embarrassed to vote against him if he was given one and he could still vote against him in the floor vote if he doesn't get an investigation and he would be able to get enough moderates to agree to vote no without the investigation to sink the nomination.

Please don't run for office, you would get eaten alive.

Trumpsplaining is getting mighty convoluted these days. World's largest run-on sentence that says absolutely nothing. Congrats. If ya can't wow em with brilliance, baffle em with bullshit.

Or McConnell could just call the floor vote and confirm Kav since he already has the votes and has publicly stated so.

You are probably right about getting eaten alive. Modern "politics" is predominantly about shearing voter sheep out of their money. In that regard, instead of actually being a public servant trying to act in the best interest of the people, I probably would be terrible at "politics". Got me.

Aratus
10-01-2018, 02:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Swordsmyth
10-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Third Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick just validated claims that she should be criminally prosecuted (https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-30/nc-gop-chief-3rd-kavanaugh-accuser-criminal-who-should-go-jail-period) for lying in her initial sworn account alleging that Trump SCOTUS pick Brett Kavanaugh participated in "gang rapes" with his high school buddies back in the early 1980s.
In an interview with NBC news, Swetnick said that while she saw Kavanaugh aggressively hit on women at parties, she denied that she actually witnessed him participate in the rapes. She also said Kavanaugh wasn't a member of a group of boys who assaulted her during one of these parties.

"I cannot specifically say that he was one of the ones who assaulted me," Swetnick told Snow. "But, before this happened to me, at that party, I saw Brett Kavanaugh there, I saw Mark Judge, and they were hanging out about where I started to feel disoriented and where the room was and where the other boys were hanging out and laughing."
She added that Kavanaugh is an "admitted blackout drunk and drug addict."
Swetnick did not confirm that she saw Kavanaugh spike punch, one of the claims from her affidavit, she instead said that she merely "saw him around punch containers," and that she wouldn't have accepted a glass of punch if he were to hand it to her.
"I don’t know what he did," she added.
NBC was unable to corroborate Swetnick's claims after she provided four names to NBC News of people whom she said would confirm her accounts of the parties in the 1980s. After contacting all four, NBC reported that one said they did not remember Swetnick, one was dead and two did not respond.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-01/i-dont-know-what-he-did-kavanaugh-accuser-backtracks-claims-nbc-interview

UWDude
10-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Third Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick just validated claims that she should be criminally prosecuted (https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-30/nc-gop-chief-3rd-kavanaugh-accuser-criminal-who-should-go-jail-period) for lying in her initial sworn account alleging that Trump SCOTUS pick Brett Kavanaugh participated in "gang rapes" with his high school buddies back in the early 1980s.
In an interview with NBC news, Swetnick said that while she saw Kavanaugh aggressively hit on women at parties, she denied that she actually witnessed him participate in the rapes. She also said Kavanaugh wasn't a member of a group of boys who assaulted her during one of these parties.

"I cannot specifically say that he was one of the ones who assaulted me," Swetnick told Snow. "But, before this happened to me, at that party, I saw Brett Kavanaugh there, I saw Mark Judge, and they were hanging out about where I started to feel disoriented and where the room was and where the other boys were hanging out and laughing."
She added that Kavanaugh is an "admitted blackout drunk and drug addict."
Swetnick did not confirm that she saw Kavanaugh spike punch, one of the claims from her affidavit, she instead said that she merely "saw him around punch containers," and that she wouldn't have accepted a glass of punch if he were to hand it to her.
"I don’t know what he did," she added.
NBC was unable to corroborate Swetnick's claims after she provided four names to NBC News of people whom she said would confirm her accounts of the parties in the 1980s. After contacting all four, NBC reported that one said they did not remember Swetnick, one was dead and two did not respond.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-01/i-dont-know-what-he-did-kavanaugh-accuser-backtracks-claims-nbc-interview

Avenatti is trying to alred his way out of being the creepy porn lawyer pranked by 4chan.
Too late, dude.

Swordsmyth
10-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Just minutes after reports stated that Ford's lawyers have sent a letter to FBI Director Wray, inquiring "it has been five days and no interview yet?" The Wall Street Journal reports (https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/kavanaugh/card/1538511155) that GOP aides on the Hill and another person familiar with the process said they were expecting the bureau to conclude its report as soon as late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/461341_6__0.jpg
Ford's lawyers are dejected at The FBI's lack of response:

Letter sent today to FBI Director Christopher Wray from Christine Blasey Ford's attorney. pic.twitter.com/yEidNOvQCo (https://t.co/yEidNOvQCo)
— Jason Leopold (@JasonLeopold) October 2, 2018 (https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/1047229796281769985?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) But other reports already proclaimed that her testimony at the hearing was sufficient (https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-02/fbi-has-no-plans-interview-dr-ford-nbc), which, as WSJ reports, (https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/kavanaugh/card/1538511155)means this may be over by tomorrow...

People familiar with the process said Tuesday that the FBI investigation into the allegations of sexual misconduct against Judge Kavanaugh could wrap up very soon, well ahead of the end-of week deadline.
GOP aides on the Hill and another person familiar with the process said they were expecting the bureau to conclude its report as soon as late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
Agents had interviewed at least four key people as of Tuesday in its background investigation of Judge Kavanaugh. The White House had given the bureau until Friday to wrap up the probe.
Senators would then be shown the FBI's findings, but it wasn't clear if the public would get a look as well.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-02/fbi-reportedly-done-tomorrow-fords-lawyers-complain

AZJoe
10-10-2018, 09:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=127&v=JiZjkITpo88

Aratus
10-10-2018, 06:43 PM
Has anyone leaked the short lil FBI report, yet?