PDA

View Full Version : Radicalized by Kavanaugh's fate.....

phill4paul
09-26-2018, 05:17 PM
Whole read is well worth it and provides greater insight into these final two paragraphs, but....This.....

The friend of mine who knows Kavanaugh personally has always been a Never Trump Republican. He too is the product of an Ivy League education, and is part of the American elite, broadly speaking. Based on our conversation last night, this process has changed him. It has radicalized him. It has red-pilled him. It’s doing the same thing to me. I have no more trust in or affection for Donald Trump or the Republican Party than I did before the Kavanaugh hearings. In fact, if I had to choose, I would rather have the Democrats running economic and foreign policy than the Republicans these days. But I have been driven by the liberal elites into believing that whatever their sins and failings, the Republicans are the only thing standing between me (and people like me) and the destruction that these highly ideologized left-wing elites would happily wreak on us, for the sake of their idea of Justice.

I have been a registered Independent since 2008, and do not like in any way, shape, or form Donald Trump and the GOP. But after what has happened, and continues to happen, to Kavanaugh, I genuinely fear the Democratic Party and the elites — especially the academic and media elites — who guide it. I am hearing from conservatives like me who have been alienated from the GOP because of its own fecklessness, and because of Donald Trump, who have been red-pilled by the Kavanaugh persecution, and who now intend to vote Republican purely out of self-protection, for as long as we can manage it.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/red-pilled-by-kavanaugh-fate/

Anti Federalist
09-26-2018, 06:06 PM
The Bolshevik and Jacobin left in the US is, no shit, a clear and present danger and a deadly threat.

timosman
09-26-2018, 06:11 PM
The Bolshevik and Jacobin left in the US is, no shit, a clear and present danger and a deadly threat.

Wouldn't be the first country they fucked up. :cool:

Swordsmyth
09-26-2018, 08:21 PM
I hope the left just keeps getting crazier, we might save the country if they do.

Pauls' Revere
09-26-2018, 08:55 PM
I hope the left just keeps getting crazier, we might save the country if they do.

I almost feel like voting for DJT just to see the reaction from the left if he gets a second term.

Swordsmyth
09-26-2018, 09:05 PM
I almost feel like voting for DJT just to see the reaction from the left if he gets a second term.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fjetterfly.files.wordpress.com%2F2 015%2F07%2Fwhen-a-plan-comes-together.jpeg&f=1

Pauls' Revere
09-26-2018, 09:33 PM
I'm thinking, DJT gets a second term. The left absolutely loses its shit, to this end California secedes from the nation. a win/win. :)

Swordsmyth
09-26-2018, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking, DJT gets a second term. The left absolutely loses its $#@!, to this end California secedes from the nation. a win/win. :)
And once we let the blue counties secede other deep blue states will follow, after enough of them leave we will be able to pass a Constitutional amendment expelling the rest.