PDA

View Full Version : Donate $1000 or go to NH?

nimo
12-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I am asking for you guys/gals to decide wether I should donate $1000 to the TeaParty or go to NH to help get the word out.

I just cannot decide on what will be more effective.

Thank you all for fighting for our freedom and rights!

Please add any comments for your reasons of which selection you picked.

This poll will end the day before the TeaParty.

Please make this a sticky so the supporters can decide!

Update: I will be there atleast 7 days. Leaving on DEC 16th from NC with the latest day I would stay would be Jan 2nd.

UPDATE AGAIN: I am not the best person to talk to others about his greatness, but I can vouge I can go anywhere to place info and I can definately make sure our supporters are taking care of without a doubt! You just don't want me speaking to represent his points. :) Sorry I am just being truthful.

Took chipin down I am borrowing money to stay longer. :) Pending the poll of course.

jgmaynard
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I think a lot would depend on how long you could come to NH. If it's three days, we're probably better off with the thousand. If it's now til 1/8 and you'll be actively networking, knocking on doors, etc., that may be better.
I like empirical data... :)

JM

MozoVote
12-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Depends on what you'll be doing in NH. My gut says just go, if you have the time. It'll be an experience to remember - trying to promote RP in the New England winter. You laugh about it later in life. :)

nimo
12-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Thank for the post and you are right. I updated my original post to implicate the best I can do on the dates.

DirtMcGirt
12-12-2007, 10:02 PM
watch this for some tea inspiration!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EfyN7DCPyA

bring some freezy freakies

nimo
12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I keep updating my orignial post, please refer to it for further and follow up comments.

Thank you all for getting me straight on how I should have been more transparent.

bluemarkets
12-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I think the morale support on the ground far outweighs the dollar amount you can give. The more bodies there the better as NH is a key state. That's a 1 in a lifetime opportunity.

Other ideas, still go but give $100 ... or you could use that $1000 to jumpstart a grassroot project in your home state ...

just my 2 cents

Cardinal Red
12-12-2007, 10:30 PM
We need bodies on the ground badly right now-- we are in good shape with money and will be in great shape once the Tea Party is over

nimo
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I think the morale support on the ground far outweighs the dollar amount you can give. The more bodies there the better as NH is a key state. That's a 1 in a lifetime opportunity.

Other ideas, still go but give $100 ... or you could use that $1000 to jumpstart a grassroot project in your home state ...

just my 2 cents

Good response the fact that I live in NC and our primary is not until I think May , the way the system is set up our state is insignificant to who will be in the running although we have a great Grass Roots here. The reason I updated in my first post that I will have to be back by Jan 2nd for 2 reasons. I can start to recouperate my funds and still jump into S.C. and help there. I live only 45 minute away from the HQ in S.C. and can stay there on the weekends to help them too.

quantized
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I voted for "going to NH". Dr Paul already has tens of millions in his bank for him to spend for the first few primaries state. They can worry about the money for other states later. Furthermore, there is just that much the campaign can spend on advertisement, where more will just be of diminishing returns. But there is obviously a lack of troopers in the first few primaries state to spread the word. My 2 cents :)

fortilite
12-12-2007, 10:44 PM
How about donate the money, and just write letters instead to Iowa. We have the deadline to finish sending them on the 18th.

Or donate to the Hightimes ad. ;)

nimo
12-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I voted for "going to NH". Dr Paul already has tens of millions in his bank for him to spend for the first few primaries state. They can worry about the money for other states later. Furthermore, there is just that much the campaign can spend on advertisement, where more will just be of diminishing returns. But there is obviously a lack of troopers in the first few primaries state to spread the word. My 2 cents :)

Much appreciated! Even though I am not a candidate to """speak""" about Dr. Paul you still think I will be a good asset to this project? I can go to addresses and place literature, I can help cook, make sure everyone I can reach gets what they need to keep going. I believe I can be an asset in every aspect other than trying to explain or speak to others on his position.

I was hoping to run around wherever I had too, to make sure our people were getting what they need to stay energized and stay healthy.

nimo
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
How about donate the money, and just write letters instead to Iowa. We have the deadline to finish sending them on the 18th.

Or donate to the Hightimes ad. ;)

With all do respect and I have recruited others to do the letter writing. You do not want me to write letters. I flat out suck at the english program in a whole. I just was never able to get over the hump on that one.

I appreciate your enthusiasm though and have definately recruited others to participate in what I think was a brilliant idea! From what I have been told my recruits have done 120 letters. Probably not enough, but I am doing what I can.

WachterZ
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd say you should go! That extra money can be made up from people who have cash but aren't able to go to NH to help out. I'm squeezing for cash already, but I'll gladly take some of the slack and pledge $40 more for the party if it means someone would be on the ground in NH.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm all lettered out, too. My pinky hurts whenever I try to write now. I hope they have a back up plan to print out the letters and envelopes of the remaining addresses.

nimo
12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm all lettered out, too. My pinky hurts whenever I try to write now. I hope they have a back up plan to print out the letters and envelopes of the remaining addresses.

If this helps boost your confidence, I secured a high traffic area last stated to get 10,500 trafficers a day to pass. I also got them 3, 2 X 4 signs to put up dead balls on this traffic area. I am sorry about the language, but that the only way I can describe it. There are stop signs there so they have time to look around.

nimo
12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I'd say you should go! That extra money can be made up from people who have cash but aren't able to go to NH to help out. I'm squeezing for cash already, but I'll gladly take some of the slack and pledge $40 more for the party if it means someone would be on the ground in NH.

Thanks you! You are a true patriot!

Benaiah
12-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Original poster,

I vote GO. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I want to be there so bad. Go there for those of us who can't be there. When Dr. Paul wins, you will remember for the rest of your life that you went to NH and helped make it happen.

Aside from that, I believe that 1 person going to NH for a week is better than donating $1,000 to the campaign.

So here is what I would do if I were you: donate $25 on the 16th, and take $975 to New Hampshire. Just as important as the amount of money raised on the 16th, is the amount of donors.... ESPECIALLY first time donors. So donate even a few bucks on the 16th and head to NH!!

nimo
12-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Original poster,

I vote GO. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I want to be there so bad. Go there for those of us who can't be there. When Dr. Paul wins, you will remember for the rest of your life that you went to NH and helped make it happen.

Aside from that, I believe that 1 person going to NH for a week is better than donating $1,000 to the campaign.

So here is what I would do if I were you: donate $25 on the 16th, and take $975 to New Hampshire. Just as important as the amount of money raised on the 16th, is the amount of donors.... ESPECIALLY first time donors. So donate even a few bucks on the 16th and head to NH!!

Thats one heck of a post and I thank you for it. You have definately inspired my intentions. So far it looks like the people are siding with your go to NH support.

Thank you!

James4Ron2008
12-12-2007, 11:39 PM
GO... and use my jealousy as extra motivation if needed.

We have your back for the Tea Party.

Tidewise
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I voted go to NH. I am thinking about it myself. It will be a once in a lifetime experience. Just make sure you do $10,000 worth of campaigning!

GO BRO!

Benaiah
12-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Just make sure you donate at least $10 on the 16th!! We need to show that Paul is popular and that his grassroots means business.

[edit] Who wouldn't want to join these patriots?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmM23_5NRDE

nimo
12-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Well if the voters vote for me to go I will still drop $100. I am leaving it all up to this forums voters!

Tidewise
12-13-2007, 12:02 AM
That's the ticket. Donate $100 and use the rest to pump up the Ron in NH. Take pictures!

nimo
12-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I have a digital camera and will promise to blog (not sure where?), I am trying to get a video cam for video.

RonPaulFTFW
12-13-2007, 12:07 AM
give me 300 and we'll both go to NH!

nimo
12-13-2007, 01:00 AM
I took the chipin down for I am borrowing the money to stay longer. Pending the poll results.

Benaiah
12-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Hook up with Operation Live Free or Die. They will help and you won't need donations.

nimo
12-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Hook up with Operation Live Free or Die. They will help and you won't need donations.

I was counting on LFOD for a place to crash, The rest of my post was in reference to having my place when I get back, but I totally understand if that does not fall in the picture. I have covered enough to go there for a week. (give or take)
I was just offering up the option to others wether they wanted my feet on the ground in NH until the primary there.

This is an option, and I am definately not in any way trying to get funds from supporters other than to support Dr. Paul. I would say if you have any doubts either contact me via PM and get my # or just keep the revolution going.

One person does'nt make a revolution it is a gathering of the minority that does!

hatefalseweight
12-13-2007, 01:58 AM
i'd say chipin to some of the other people that want to go around here .... might get several people off and knocking on doors for that price. There are probably chipins for students going to iowa ... they're trying to get 150 kids there.

nimo
12-13-2007, 02:16 AM
i'd say chipin to some of the other people that want to go around here .... might get several people off and knocking on doors for that price. There are probably chipins for students going to iowa ... they're trying to get 150 kids there.

I would say chipin to what you think best gets your mesasge out! I can't disagree with you and expecting college students to have more momentum on the tag the vote factor. I am just being honest in my posts and telling it how it is in my reality.

Please, if you read through the whole thread I already commited to a week thats all I can go based on cash flow. I am happy with that! The chipin was just an option which is fine with me if it gets $0. I am just doing the best I can to help Dr. Paul get elected!

Benaiah
12-13-2007, 02:39 AM
I was counting on LFOD for a place to crash, The rest of my post was in reference to having my place when I get back, but I totally understand if that does not fall in the picture. I have covered enough to go there for a week. (give or take)
I was just offering up the option to others wether they wanted my feet on the ground in NH until the primary there.

KK. I was just making sure that you knew about them, instead of getting a hotel. Bills back home suck!! I know all about them.

austin356
12-13-2007, 02:53 AM
NH.

You can do much more than $1000 worth of work.