PDA

View Full Version : U.S. ready to send farmers aid checks

TheCount
09-24-2018, 10:12 AM
WASHINGTON -- Farmers across the United States will soon begin receiving government checks as part of a billion-dollar bailout to buoy growers experiencing financial strain from President Donald Trump's trade disputes with China.

But even those poised for big payouts worry it won't be enough. And while support for Trump is near unwavering in the heartland, some growers say that with the November election nearing, such disappointing aid outcomes could potentially affect their vote.

"It's pretty obvious that the rural agriculture communities helped elect this administration, but the way things are going I believe farmers are going to have to vote with their checkbook when it comes time," said Kevin Skunes, a corn and soybean grower from Arthur, N.D., and president of the National Corn Growers Association.

Corn groups estimate a loss of 44 cents per bushel, but they're poised to receive just a single penny per bushel.
Farmers are already feeling the impact of Trump's trade tiffs with China and other countries. China has hit back hard, responding with its own set of tariffs on U.S. agricultural products and other goods.

The Trump administration is providing up to $12 billion in emergency relief funds for American farmers, with roughly $6 billion in an initial round. The three-pronged plan includes $4.7 billion in payments to corn, cotton, soybean, dairy, pork and sorghum farmers. The rest is for developing new foreign markets for American-grown commodities and purchasing more than two dozen select products, including certain fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, meat and dairy.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2018/sep/24/u-s-ready-to-send-farmers-aid-checks-20/

Bailouts are great again.

Republicanguy
09-24-2018, 11:01 AM
If you think that is difficult, the future of employment will change for a number of job roles in various industries, so I wouldn't be concerned.

oyarde
09-24-2018, 12:48 PM
I oppose payments .

oyarde
09-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Sign up was Sept 04 . Will be 1 cent per bushel on corn , 14 Cents on Wheat with the estimated other 3.6 billion paper FRN's going to bean farmers .

Swordsmyth
09-24-2018, 07:02 PM
This is unnecessary.