PDA

View Full Version : ROSENSTEIN RESIGNS

goldenequity
09-24-2018, 08:57 AM
Russian Market‏@russian_market · 27 sek.
ROSENSTEIN RESIGNS

nikcers
09-24-2018, 09:01 AM
Russian Market‏@russian_market · 27 sek.
ROSENSTEIN RESIGNS

“in anticipation of being fired by President Donald Trump,”
Next time fire him on twitter Don. I am not entertained by someone quitting, you gotta fire them before they can quit.

donnay
09-24-2018, 09:01 AM
Good news!

Sessions next?

nikcers
09-24-2018, 09:02 AM
Good news!

Sessions next?

John Bolton plz.

donnay
09-24-2018, 09:03 AM
Deputy AG Rosenstein heading to White House expecting to be fired, sources say
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/24/deputy-ag-rosenstein-heading-to-white-house-expecting-to-be-fired-sources-say.html

donnay
09-24-2018, 09:04 AM
John Bolton plz.

Agreed.

CaptUSA
09-24-2018, 09:06 AM
Oooh.... More soap opera twists and turns... riveting.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/886e5a4013f95d11829e292e0f183583/tenor.gif?itemid=11201720

specsaregood
09-24-2018, 09:09 AM
Deputy AG Rosenstein heading to White House expecting to be fired, sources say
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/24/deputy-ag-rosenstein-heading-to-white-house-expecting-to-be-fired-sources-say.html

maybe he will be led out in handcuffs

timosman
09-24-2018, 09:10 AM
Somebody should leak the script of this production. :cool:

CCTelander
09-24-2018, 09:14 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/886e5a4013f95d11829e292e0f183583/tenor.gif?itemid=11201720

I know, right. This is like the world's biggest, most watched reality TV show. Oh, wait...

Brian4Liberty
09-24-2018, 11:44 AM
Postponed till Thursday...

Should have been let go when Trump took office.

juleswin
09-24-2018, 12:12 PM

The ultimate reality show. Isnt it funny how almost all his so called problems are self inflicted. Look at all the people in his admin and u would see that he himself appointed them to office.

Jamesiv1
09-24-2018, 12:14 PM
The ultimate reality show. Isnt it funny how almost all his so called problems are self inflicted. Look at all the people in his admin and u would see that he himself appointed them to office.Fake news.

juleswin
09-24-2018, 12:35 PM
Fake news.

Is that the title of the show?

Zippyjuan
09-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Hasn't resigned. He says Trump will have to fire him. Supposed to meet with Trump on Thursday after he returns from his UN trip. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-rosenstein/trump-deputy-attorney-general-rosenstein-to-meet-on-thursday-idUSKCN1M41RY

Jamesiv1
09-24-2018, 02:19 PM
//

Danke
09-24-2018, 03:57 PM

devil21
09-24-2018, 04:22 PM
Nope, he hasn't. Fake news. It's why I don't bother with these Trump reality show threads. It's like there's a secret competition between swamp media to see who can come up with the fakest story that people will believe for 20 minutes.

It's almost like they're killing time, like a countdown to something. Every day it's some new BREAKING!!!!! nothingburger to fill air time. Just a lil bit longer....just a few more bullshit stories to pass the days...

eleganz
09-24-2018, 05:36 PM
We'll know for sure probably by tomorrow what really is happening.

But if he does resign, does it have something to do with the upcoming FISA declassifications?

specsaregood
09-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Nope, he hasn't. Fake news. It's why I don't bother with these Trump reality show threads. It's like there's a secret competition between swamp media to see who can come up with the fakest story that people will believe for 20 minutes.

Coulda fooled me; as it sure looks like you are here, bothering with this Trump reality show thread.

FSP-Rebel
09-24-2018, 06:00 PM
We'll know for sure probably by tomorrow what really is happening.

But if he does resign, does it have something to do with the upcoming FISA declassifications?

Yep, FISA abuse declass brings down the house.

Anti-Neocon
09-24-2018, 06:03 PM
Is this what qualifies as news from our resident Trumpkins? "Russian Market"?

juleswin
09-24-2018, 06:58 PM
Coulda fooled me; as it sure looks like you are here, bothering with this Trump reality show thread.

Its like the jerry springer show, you know its rubbish and a little bit fake/put on but its hard to take your eyes off it. Trash entertainment but its the talk of the forum so most people end of joining it.

I am on the same boat with devil and I show up even though I know for sure that it is all fake. It amazing the effect the mob has on seemingly intelligent people

specsaregood
09-24-2018, 07:07 PM
Its like the jerry springer show, you know its rubbish and a little bit fake/put on but its hard to take your eyes off it. Trash entertainment but its the talk of the forum so most people end of joining it.

I am on the same boat with devil and I show up even though I know for sure that it is all fake. It amazing the effect the mob has on seemingly intelligent people

Its one thing to know something is trash; its another to claim you don't bother with something in the midst of the thread you are claiming you don't bother with. I get it, Devil thinks she is too good for the trump threads, good for her. Ignore them then and leave us out of it -- I don't think any of us care -- don't feel the need to come into the threads and state how you are ignoring them.

Aratus
09-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Yep, FISA abuse declass brings down the house.

If Mister R and Mister K are like long lost 'twins' who were joined at
the hip inside Shrub's White House, curiouser and curiouser. Is 9/11
closer to full 'truther' disclosure or is all still at an NBC censor level?

Aratus
09-24-2018, 07:32 PM

Pop the gourmet popcorn, yes...

devil21
09-24-2018, 08:13 PM

I like reading the comments to see who's still asleep. And maybe injecting some sanity occasionally. When they have the WH Correspondents Dinner, just who do you think they're all laughing at while they drink their expensive champagne and eat their 6 course filet mignon dinners??? Wake up ffs. It's all fake. It's a big show. And you're paying for it.

And I have no clue why you think I'm female. It must be my long luxurious golden locks?

Schifference
09-25-2018, 02:20 AM
This is all very good for our country. When Obama and previous presidents were in office no people thought it was a reality TV show. It is wonderful in my opinion that we have been exposed to the blatant partisan politics and the slimy tactics of government in general.

It is also wonderful that the media's Fake News has been brought to the forefront. In past years if you heard it on the news it was gospel or so the masses thought. It took a critical thinking individual with a desire to find out truth.

When people think it is fake news this is a win! People should question everything.

News was supposed to be the check and balance on the government. Ha Ha Ha.

All news, Government, and elected officials lose credibility and get exposed for who they really are.

Gumba of Liberty
09-25-2018, 07:36 AM
This is all very good for our country. When Obama and previous presidents were in office no people thought it was a reality TV show. It is wonderful in my opinion that we have been exposed to the blatant partisan politics and the slimy tactics of government in general.

It is also wonderful that the media's Fake News has been brought to the forefront. In past years if you heard it on the news it was gospel or so the masses thought. It took a critical thinking individual with a desire to find out truth.

When people think it is fake news this is a win! People should question everything.

News was supposed to be the check and balance on the government. Ha Ha Ha.

All news, Government, and elected officials lose credibility and get exposed for who they really are.

Exactly. They have lost control of the narrative. The calls for internet censorship = They are losing. It’s an exciting time to be alive - all the negativity (in this forum) is wasted energy. Free men and women, keep pushing and never surrender. +1

AmericasLastHope
09-25-2018, 01:03 PM
Next time fire him on twitter Don. I am not entertained by someone quitting, you gotta fire them before they can quit.

Why it matters whether Trump fires Rosenstein or he resigns

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/24/why-it-matters-whether-rosenstein-is-fired-or-he-resigns.html

Swordsmyth
09-26-2018, 12:52 AM
Mark Meadows, chairman of the House Freedom Caucus, said that deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein should testify before the House Judiciary Committee about his claim that he wanted to wear a wire to spy on President Donald Trump. People close to Rosenstein have tried to play the treasonous comment off as a joke.
Rosenstein is set to have a conversation with Trump Thursday, amid mainstream reports that Rosenstein “verbally resigned” and that his resignation was accepted by White House chief of staff General John Kelly. The verbal resignation piece is key to removing Rosenstein seamlessly, and it is clearly documented by such sources as CNN, Axios, and Sara Carter.
“Tonight, the Freedom Caucus took an official position,” Meadows said, according to official reports. “Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein should come before the House Judiciary Committee within the week and testify under oath about his alleged comments, or he should resign immediately.”

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/freedom-caucus-to-rod-rosenstein-testify-under-oath-or-resign-immediately/

Zippyjuan
09-26-2018, 07:22 PM
Rosenstein safe for now? At his press conference today, Trump said he would rather not fire him and put off his scheduled meeting. Some think he wants to keep him and get rid of Sessions after the midterms.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/26/rod-rosenstein-fate-unclear-ahead-meeting-donald-trump/1429763002/

Donald Trump hasn't decided what to do with Rod Rosenstein

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump's big meeting with embattled Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is Thursday, but it may not be the kind of showdown some people expect.

Trump has not made up his mind whether he will fire Rosenstein over reports he once talked about invoking the 25th Amendment to seek the president's removal, administration officials said, and he is getting plenty of advice in both directions.

It is very possible the deputy attorney general will stay on for the foreseeable future, said the officials speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss an internal matter.

"Nothing's a done deal," one official said.

Heading into the Rosenstein meeting, officials said Trump has been focused on this week's meetings at the United Nations and the controversy surrounding Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were both teenagers, is scheduled to testify at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Thursday at 10 a.m. – the same day Trump will be meeting with Rosenstein at the White House.

Rosenstein, who is likely to meet with Trump on Thursday afternoon, discussed the possibility of resigning with chief of staff John Kelly and other administration officials last weekend, one person familiar with the matter has said.

Pressure had been mounting on Rosenstein since last Friday, when The New York Times reported that the deputy attorney general last year discussed invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Trump while raising the prospect of wearing a wire to gather evidence of the president's increasing erratic behavior related to the firing of FBI Director James Comey.

Rosenstein has strongly disputed the report.

Rosenstein had expected to be fired Monday when he was summoned to the White House, said the person who is not authorized to comment on the matter publicly. But the deputy attorney general left the meeting still in his job.

He and Trump had an "extended" phone conversation on Monday about The New York Times story, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said. After that conversation, she announced that the two would meet Thursday when Trump returns from New York.

Since then, Trump has sought wide-ranging counsel about how to proceed, officials said.

Some allies have urged to him not to fire Rosenstein, saying it could create more of a firestorm than is necessary, those officials said. Some White House allies, including Fox News talk show host Sean Hannity, have said they believe Trump's critics within the administration leaked the information about Rosenstein in order to prompt the president to fire him – a step that could trigger a political backlash ahead of midterm congressional elections.

In his role as deputy attorney general, Rosenstein also oversees special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russia's interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Mueller is investigating whether anyone from Trump's campaign conspired with Moscow to intervene in the election and also whether the president sought to obstruct the inquiry.

Removing Rosenstein, Trump allies fear, could bolster a case of obstruction.

More at link.

Swordsmyth
09-26-2018, 09:41 PM
Rosenstein safe for now? At his press conference today, Trump said he would rather not fire him and put off his scheduled meeting. Some think he wants to keep him and get rid of Sessions after the midterms.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/26/rod-rosenstein-fate-unclear-ahead-meeting-donald-trump/1429763002/

More at link.

Rosenstein will be gone after the declassification, that will happen after Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Pauls' Revere
09-26-2018, 09:46 PM
The ultimate reality show. Isnt it funny how almost all his so called problems are self inflicted. Look at all the people in his admin and u would see that he himself appointed them to office.

I would call that a self fulfilling prophecy.

nikcers
09-26-2018, 10:06 PM
I would call that a self fulfilling prophecy.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
-James Madison

Zippyjuan
09-27-2018, 11:39 AM
]

nm

Aratus
09-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Mister R has not lost or left his day job, I see...

TheCount
09-27-2018, 02:35 PM
Rosenstein will be gone after the declassification, that will happen after Kavanaugh's confirmation.
Will those happen before or after suicide weekend?

Jamesiv1
09-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Is that the title of the show?
It's the title of your mom.

Aratus
09-28-2018, 09:08 PM

Aratus looks ........up.

r3volution 3.0
09-29-2018, 01:06 AM

Thing is, people only think it's the other tribe doing the blatant partisan politics, slimy tactics, and fake news...

Their own is fighting for truth, justice, and the American way, of course.

In other words, looks like the same old thing to me, just louder.

devil21
09-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Thing is, people only think it's the other tribe doing the blatant partisan politics, slimy tactics, and fake news...

Good point. You could look at it as the same reason that deficits keep climbing and must keep doubling every so often to keep the system afloat. It's called the law of diminishing returns. Political games also suffer from the same diminishing returns over time, so the volume, rhetoric and outlandishness of the game has to keep doubling also. As debt money must grow exponentially higher to reach more people, so does the politics that goes along with it.

CCTelander
09-29-2018, 10:56 AM

^^^^This^^^^

And nowhere is this more evident than around here over the last couple of years.

I'd +rep you if I could.

Aratus
09-29-2018, 06:37 PM

Yep...

osan
09-30-2018, 03:35 AM

Perhaps, but if Rosie has anything criminal in his actions, I say get thee to Gitmo!

homahr
10-01-2018, 09:16 AM
The Trap Failed - Rosenstein Neither Fired Nor Resigned (http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/09/the-trap-failed-rosenstein-neither-fired-nor-resigned.html)

Last Friday the New York Times published a story (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html) that reflected negatively on the loyalty of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein towards President Trump. Rosenstein, the NYTclaimed, suggested to wiretap Trump and to remove him by using the 25th amendment. Other news reports contradicted the claim and Rosenstein himself denied it.

The report was a trap (http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/09/the-nyts-rosenstein-story-is-an-attempt-to-bring-trump-down.html) to push Trump towards an impulsive firing of the number two in the Justice Department, a repeat of Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre). The Democrats would have profited from such an 'October surprise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_surprise)' in the November 6 midterm elections. A campaign to exploit such a scandal to get-out-the-votes was already well prepared (https://www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response/search/).

The trap did not work. The only one who panicked was Rosenstein. He feared for his reputation should he get fired. To prevent such damage he offered to resign amicably. He tried this (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-justice-department-trump.html) at least three times:

By Friday evening, concerned about testifying to Congress over the revelations that he discussed wearing a wire to the Oval Office and invoking the constitutional trigger to remove Mr. Trump from office, Mr. Rosenstein had become convinced that he should resign, according to people close to him. He offered during a late-day visit to the White House to quit, according to one person familiar with the encounter, but John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, demurred.
Also over the weekend, Mr. Rosenstein again told Mr. Kelly that he was considering resigning. On Sunday, Mr. Rosenstein repeated the assertion in a call with Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel. Mr. McGahn — [...] — asked Mr. Rosenstein to postpone their discussion until Monday.
By about 9 a.m. Monday, Mr. Rosenstein was in his office on the fourth floor of the Justice Department when reporters started calling. Was it true that Mr. Rosenstein was planning to resign, they asked.
At the White House the deputy attorney general slipped into a side entrance to the West Wing and headed to the White House counsel’s office to meet with Mr. McGahn, who had by then been told by Mr. Kelly that Mr. Rosenstein was on his way and wanted to resign.
McGhan punted the issue back to Kelly and finally Rosenstein spoke with Trump. Trump did not fire him nor did he resign. It is now expected (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/rod-rosensteins-departure-was-imminent-now-he-likely-survives-until-after-the-midterms-officials-say/2018/09/25/5ac9ea28-c0f0-11e8-9005-5104e9616c21_story.html) that he will stay until the end of the year or even longer (https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-considers-keeping-rosenstein-on-advisers-say-1537916937):

President Trump told advisers he is open to keeping Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on the job, and allies of the No. 2 Justice Department official said Tuesday he has given them the impression he doesn’t plan to quit.
The trap did not work. Neither did Trump panic nor did the White House allow the panicking Rod Rosenstein to pull the trigger. The people who set this up, by leaking some dubious FBI memo to the NYT, did not achieve their aims.
There are only six weeks left until the midterm elections. What other October surprises might be planned by either side?

Aratus
10-01-2018, 02:13 PM

Trump has yet to fire the five people he wants to fire.
A rumour making the rounds in rightwing circles has
DJT viewing Brett K as a possible A.G choice, if he is
still a judge by 11 p.m Friday. He is on a list, methinks.

Aratus
10-01-2018, 02:18 PM
There is also a case looming concerning the "double jeopardy" clause. GAMBLE vrs. U.S
If Brett K becomes an insta-Justice, he can be part of a 5 to 4 vote. It has the possibility
of giving a sitting president the ability to give blanket pardons, not just federal level ones.