PDA

View Full Version : Advertise on City Buses?

Bladestunner316
12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know how much it would cost to advertise Ron Paul on a city bus? I know in washington with the Metro Bus system the cougar mountain zoo did it and there not exactly to my knowledge strapped with cash.

Any thoughts?

piotr1
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Good idea! I wonder how might it costs.

robert4rp08
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Ooooh, great idea. Do a web search of your cities transportation company. I found the site for Pittsburgh but no prices are listed. I just sent an email asking for costs for interior and exterior advertising.

robert4rp08
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Ah pooey, I just read the fine print:
Further, Port Authority will not accept advertisements that are non-commercial; that appeal to prurient interests, that are or may be offensive to riders; that glamorize or otherwise promote violence, sexual conduct, alcohol or tobacco use; that are political in nature or contain political messages; or that are reasonably determined not to be in good taste. This policy is intended to be an objective and enforceable standard for advertising that is consistently applied.

Time to be creative and think of a way to advertise Ron Paul without being political and with being commercial.

Vendico
12-12-2007, 10:32 PM
advertise our grassroots? Not the campaign.

nvm.. grassroots is politics. Or maybe advertise the constituion...

Like "Remember the Constitution?" with pic of some founding father

AdamT
12-12-2007, 10:47 PM
We're actually looking into this for Iowa.

DealzOnWheelz
12-12-2007, 10:53 PM
guys if anybody wants info and remembers the thread about billboards the guy I know that can get billboards can also get us buses and train ads and the bustop shelter ads

noztnac
12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm in South Korea right now and they are in the middle of having an election. All of the candidates have big trucks with giant banners on the side. They park them at busy intersections and move them every hour or so. They also have huge banners put up on the sides of buildings.

robert4rp08
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm in South Korea right now and they are in the middle of having an election. All of the candidates have big trucks with giant banners on the side. They park them at busy intersections and move them every hour or so. They also have huge banners put up on the sides of buildings.

That's a great idea!