PDA

View Full Version : Rod Rosenstein Suggested Secretly Recording Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

Swordsmyth
09-21-2018, 05:28 PM
The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.

Mr. Rosenstein made the remarks about secretly recording Mr. Trump and about the 25th Amendment in meetings and conversations with other Justice Department and F.B.I. officials. Several people described the episodes in interviews over the past several months, insisting on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The people were briefed either on the events themselves or on memos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, that documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions and comments.

Mr. Rosenstein disputed this account.
“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”
A Justice Department spokeswoman also provided a statement from a person who was present when Mr. Rosenstein proposed wearing a wire. The person, who would not be named, acknowledged the remark but said Mr. Rosenstein made it sarcastically.

But according to the others who described his comments, Mr. Rosenstein not only confirmed that he was serious about the idea but also followed up by suggesting that other F.B.I. officials who were interviewing to be the bureau’s director could also secretly record Mr. Trump.

More at: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html

Aratus
09-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Is he the LODESTAR essayist? Is the NY Times doing
a protective dance, to protect the adult in the room?

Swordsmyth
09-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Is he the LODESTAR essayist? Is the NY Times doing
a protective dance, to protect the adult in the room?

Everything you said is reasonable except the part about "the adult in the room".

Aratus
09-21-2018, 08:31 PM
I didn't say which room and what adult!

Aratus
09-21-2018, 08:38 PM
If Mister "R" is our "Lodestar" then things are way
different from the universes inside the multiverse
where Ivanka or Jared wrote the thingie. Or even
Pence, Mattis, Wray or Sessions! I am aware that it
took DEEP THROAT three decades of being Mark Felt
before he went for the posthumous fame and glory.

Swordsmyth
09-21-2018, 08:38 PM
I didn't say which room and what adult!

The NYT is trying to protect RR not DJTvsg, RR is just another spoiled brat.

Aratus
09-21-2018, 08:47 PM
If RR did start up the talk of landing the 25th in full on DJT
right after Comey was fired, then he may think his self to be
a mature adult. Admittedly the head honcho inside the NYT
may think it an adult move to protect the paper's Op-Ed writer.
If DJT is also an adult male, if he has no proof it was RR who
either was "Lodestar" or inspired by Lodestar's philosophy, then
POTUS will hold back from a rampaging string of firings of the
last of the "outsiders" to his inner circle. If he has 5 folks go
out the door in short order, each with just cause, this might set
things off royally, even if he's in his rights. We then are at the
"Line in the Sand" point Andrew Johnson was, in 1867/68 and
things in D.C will get even more polarized. The fuse has been set,
assuming the NY Times was not royally PUNK'd by a clever poser!!!