PDA

View Full Version : The "BLIMP" folks are doing a FANTASTIC job! Give them a hand!

Menthol Patch
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

I say that we give everyone working on the blimp project a huge THANK YOU and round of cheers for their effort!

They have done a great job with VERY little notice.

They have been working almost 24 hours a day on this project and others for weeks without pay or compensation.

They are taking a risk for finding a unique way to avoid restrictive and unconstitutional campaign finance laws.

We should thank them for all they are doing!

WilliamC
12-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Greetings All,

On this we can all agree. My thanks to all involved.

William C Colley

mokkan88
12-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Keep up the hard work, guys!

1913_to_2008
12-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Thank you! The blimp looks great!

Lacrosseus
12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

I say that we give everyone working on the blimp project a huge THANK YOU and round of cheers for their effort!

They have been working almost 24 hours a day on this project and others for weeks without pay or compensation.

They are taking a risk for finding a unique way to avoid restrictive and unconstitutional campaign finance laws.

PATCH ON... PATCH OFF...

I just can't tell if you complain when it is on... or it is off. :D

rancher89
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
HAND

Well, you did say "give them a hand"!!!! giggle

No kidding, they are the greates, must respect

Lucid American
12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
For real . . . great job everyone!

eddie83
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Awsome! Thanks for all your hard work!

slantedview
http://eteamz.active.com/LMHA/images/applause.gif

:D

Menthol Patch
PATCH ON... PATCH OFF...

I just can't tell if you complain when it is on... or it is off. :D

You see some people on here think I am a troll, but I am not. I totally support the blimp project. But I'm not going to let enthusiasm blind me from reality. The reality of the situation is that the blimp desperately needs to make it to Boston and the "n" needs to be completed.

I think everyone on this project has done a GREAT job so far! I'm not complaining one tiny bit about the progress so far! I'm not even complaining that they made a goof up by not realizing there was a helium vent.

I'm just trying to stress how we need to MAXIMIZE the effectiveness of every dollar spent on this project. To do that we need the blimp in Boston and we need the letter "n" completed!

Lacrosseus
12-12-2007, 10:45 PM
You see some people on here think I am a troll, but I am not. I totally support the blimp project. But I'm not going to let enthusiasm blind me from reality. The reality of the situation is that the blimp desperately needs to make it to Boston and the "n" needs to be completed.

I think everyone on this project has done a GREAT job so far! I'm not complaining one tiny bit about the progress so far! I'm not even complaining that they made a goof up by not realizing there was a helium vent.

I'm just trying to stress how we need to MAXIMIZE the effectiveness of every dollar spent on this project. To do that we need the blimp in Boston and we need the letter "n" completed!

I am just picking on you... none of us would object to either of your demands, but most of us do not think it is such a large issue as to keep beating the dead horse over.

This forum needs a dead horse mascot....

millerjd
12-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I am just picking on you... none of us would object to either of your demands, but most of us do not think it is such a large issue as to keep beating the dead horse over.

This forum needs a dead horse mascot....

http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amnestyusa/death-penalty/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I probably shouldn't hotlink this, but I don't know where to put it

scrylla
12-13-2007, 03:44 AM
Former lurker/ first time poster here and I have to say it is the ridiculous nonsense of this guy Menthol Patch that has forced me to register.

First of all, what is the point of making a thank you thread if the only reason you are making it is to attempt to give credit towards your ridiculous complaints.

Secondly, It does NOT matter if the N in Ron is not fixed. As many have said it will be hard to see from afar and you are complaining about something RIDICULOUS for no reason at all.

Third, The weather will not be permitting in Boston so get over it.

Lastly, I see you are on here 24/7 finding something to complain about. I don't care if you think you can prove to me you are a Ron Paul supporter or not you need to get off of you rcomputer and do something productive. It is sickening to me that you come on here and complain and it's people like you that make people want to have nothing to do with a canidate like Ron Paul. Troll? Maybe not but you ARE having the same effect a troll would have if not MORE of an impact.

Man from La Mancha
12-13-2007, 03:49 AM
http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amnestyusa/death-penalty/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I probably shouldn't hotlink this, but I don't know where to put it
LOL

uncle saddam
12-13-2007, 03:51 AM
For Liberty!

yheaok123
12-13-2007, 04:59 AM
hand

Mithridates
12-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Former lurker/ first time poster here and I have to say it is the ridiculous nonsense of this guy Menthol Patch that has forced me to register.

First of all, what is the point of making a thank you thread if the only reason you are making it is to attempt to give credit towards your ridiculous complaints.

Secondly, It does NOT matter if the N in Ron is not fixed. As many have said it will be hard to see from afar and you are complaining about something RIDICULOUS for no reason at all.

Third, The weather will not be permitting in Boston so get over it.

Lastly, I see you are on here 24/7 finding something to complain about. I don't care if you think you can prove to me you are a Ron Paul supporter or not you need to get off of you rcomputer and do something productive. It is sickening to me that you come on here and complain and it's people like you that make people want to have nothing to do with a canidate like Ron Paul. Troll? Maybe not but you ARE having the same effect a troll would have if not MORE of an impact.

Maybe it's actually a brilliant approach to get lurkers to sign up and start posting? *^^*

Oh, and welcome to the site.

jcims
12-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Maybe it's actually a brilliant approach to get lurkers to sign up and start posting? *^^*

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Absolutely. Another reason that lurkers should consider registering is that they get the benefit of the ignore option....(which, when combined with this greasemonkey script (http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=23573), is pretty effective...you just have to find the '(\w+)' in the script and change it to '([\w ]+)' (including the space after the 'w') to handle the space in Menthol's username)

Edit: also remove the div tags in this section to eliminate posts that quote the user:

"<div>Originally Posted by <strong>"+plonk[x]+"</strong></div>"

should be

"Originally Posted by <strong>"+plonk[x]+"</strong>"

mdevour
12-13-2007, 08:04 AM
The problem with the 'ignore' function is that it still leaves the Trolls and Useless Idiots free run of the board.

There needs to be moderator influence to stop people posting DOZENS of repetetive complaints.

Posting here is NOT a right, but a privelege. The owners of the forum have a mission for it, and are entirely within their rights to demand certain standards of behavior in exchange for the opportunity to participate.

People whose behavior is disrupting the activities of others, denigrating the work of volunteers, undercutting the enthusiasm of members and giving a bad impression of the Ron Paul movement to curious newcomers should be:

WARNED... MODERATED... and BANNED if they do not cooperate.

I'm sorry, but despite all the beautiful accomplishments of Ron Paul supporters, the fact that these IDIOTS are allowed to run rampant on these forums without consequences makes me sick.

The blimp is beautiful, the alleged "mistakes" they've made inconsequential, the effort so far Herculean. By focusing on the minutia you risk burning down the whole house to kill a fly.

For Liberty,

Mike D.

OferNave
12-13-2007, 08:43 AM

If you say so, then I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt. I think you can learn something from our reactions, though. There are ways of providing constructive criticism and accountability in a more positive and less... assholish... way.

Got Liberty?
12-13-2007, 11:20 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/58Deluxe/applause.gif

Beerhall Agitator
12-13-2007, 11:34 AM
All things considered, my hat does go off to them!

terlinguatx
12-13-2007, 11:44 AM

BizmanUSA
12-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Just a thought

Instead of RP coming to Beck have Beck come to RP. . .

Do it as a remote broadcast up in the BLIMP!

No one has ever done that type of interview of a presidential candidate

It is semi-neutral ground (or airspace :rolleyes: ) as the official campaign has nothing to do with the Blimp plus it will get the entire idea of the promotion message that much more exposure! :D

Beck would have to love that idea and technically it is fairly easy to do

Whadda ya think?

BizmanUSA

nullvalu
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
http://i.pbase.com/o4/85/5585/1/61116011.Clap.gif

ValidusCustodiae
12-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Thank You Blimp Folks!

Storm3
12-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Lots of love at back pats!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Some people are saying that I have attacked those involved in this effort. I have not done so. I think they have done a GREAT job.

Just because I think this project should not continue if the blimp does not make it to Boston does NOT mean I have attacked them. I have NEVER attacked them and have been supporting this project from the start.