PDA

View Full Version : F*@! Fox News

powertothepeople
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
What was the deal with the stupid opinion graph on the side of the screen during the FOX coverage of the debate today????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnuahgZwQS8

I'm livid after seeing this!

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Yea, the bar drops when you talk about freedom?

Talk about a screened focus group...

constitutional
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Watch the video at 0:38. The graph starts going down as soon as the host mentioned the name Ron Paul and started asking a question.

anewvoice
12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Perhaps we ought just have a F%$@ Fox News sticky thread? :mad:

CavortingChicken
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
yea it really is sickening

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
This is precisely why I tried to let everyone know that CNN was carrying it without the Faux Luntz graphs.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8590280939721492872

CNN footage of only Ron's responses if you need video to show people without the GD graphs.

Rev

ronpaulfan
12-12-2007, 09:33 PM
A video I made when really pissed at fox news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m6N53nidw

Ibgamer
12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Ya I noticed that too

As soon as his name was mentioned his graph went down...

Dave Pedersen
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
That was Frank at the controls.. all he has to do is signal his selected puppets and they obey. Or perhaps his selected puppets drool without further prompting. Pavlov would be proud. So would Goebbels.

Vendico
12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
We should announce, through a formal grassroots announcements, to no longer trust MSM. If we could get a system to proove indivual uniqueness, like an electronic signature, we can show them how big we really are.

InRonWeTrust
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
My guess is that all these people were screened to be basically pro war.

fletcher
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Fuck you Frank!

j0ew00ds
12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
My impression of these graphs are that the people controlling the damn dials didn't know what he was talking about. I expected those lines to swing more and their relative lack of motion seems to indicats their indecision and ignorance.

Dave Pedersen
12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
** yup**

We should announce, through a formal grassroots announcements, to no longer trust MSM. If we could get a system to proove indivual uniqueness, like an electronic signature, we can show them how big we really are.

They already know. They are lying about us to the people remember? We can't afford to remain so naive. Like if we explian nicely to the IRS folks that they don't have a leg to stand on they will start doing the right thing and close up shop.

C'mon now we need to open our eyes to the fact we are at war with domestic enemies in high places. Many high places. Ok just about ALL high places, just about ALL positions of power and influence are bought and paid for. We are at war not only for our nation's survival but for the survival of all humanity.

BlueGecko
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
amen

DirtMcGirt
Faux news just adds to my fire... i'll turn it on for five minutes just to get motivated!!!

Ron LOL
Watch the video at 0:38. The graph starts going down as soon as the host mentioned the name Ron Paul and started asking a question.

If you were paying attention to the scales, you would have realized that each time a new candidate is asked a new question, the "opinion line" returns to center. It's zeroed out before the candidate can respond.

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
** yup**

This internet is ours, we can still win this thing.

In the future this won't be a problem, as everyone will get the news from new media and old media will be obsolete.

That is then though, this is now and we have a fight on our hands.

Vendico
12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I wonder if a celebrity would help?

RoyalShock
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Some of you need to put down conspiracy crack pipe. That graph on Fox News only shows the challenge Ron Paul, the campaign, and all of us have.

Screaming obscenities at Frank Luntz before putting your heads in the sand doesn't do anyone any good.

Unfortunately, as that graph showed, there are a lot of people that are uninterested in the Constitution and don't want to hear about less federal government the way Ron Paul presents it. Everyone needs to learn from this, not pass it off as some conspiracy.

TheEvilDetector
12-12-2007, 09:53 PM
FUCK YOU FRANK

There is nothing more to say.

pikerz
12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Well Murdoch is helping run Hillary's campaign, how much more do u need to know?

70% of Americans want us out of Iraq, but did u notice how rapidly the graph dropped when he talked about ending the war? I think that is pretty damned telling about the quality of that focus group.

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Some of you need to put down conspiracy crack pipe. That graph on Fox News only shows the challenge Ron Paul, the campaign, and all of us have.

Screaming obscenities at Frank Luntz before putting your heads in the sand doesn't do anyone any good.

Unfortunately, as that graph showed, there are a lot of people that are uninterested in the Constitution and don't want to hear about less federal government the way Ron Paul presents it. Everyone needs to learn from this, not pass it off as some conspiracy.

Have you watched this before or not?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4

ashlux
12-12-2007, 09:55 PM
That was Frank at the controls.. all he has to do is signal his selected puppets and they obey. Or perhaps his selected puppets drool without further prompting. Pavlov would be proud. So would Goebbels.

Frank is good, real good. He pretty much knew what this group thought and would think before the "debate" even started.

RoyalShock
12-12-2007, 09:57 PM

Yes, I've seen that. But if you think the guy was telling people which way to turn the dials you're nuts.

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Yes, I've seen that. But if you think the guy was telling people which way to turn the dials you're nuts.

He doesn't need to. He can screen the people that turn the dials.

fletcher
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM

They're screened.

Vendico
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
The room was full of "undecided" replicans no? Or were they "idependent"?

ashlux
12-12-2007, 10:00 PM

I still can't believe Frank would confess to all this crap.

Sure, it's nothing we didn't already know. But it is like a John Edward coming out and saying "this stuff is crap, it's fake, and complete bullshit" then turning around and expecting people to continue to believe it.

Actually, this is exactly what happened with Frank Luntz. Damn, he's good.

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 10:01 PM

I never said that, but if you want to put words in my mouth, I'd like to recommend the words "Ron Paul wins" at least I wouldn't mind. ;)

But seriously....
I was just wondering if you were aware of how manipulative Frank Luntz was and if that would have any bearing on your opinion.

RoyalShock
12-12-2007, 10:02 PM
What that graph showed me more than anything was that in spite of how "undecided" those voters were, they clearly favored the so-called "front runners".

I can buy that they've been brainwashed by the MSM. I can even buy that Fox might have chosen to only show the graph when it was going the way they wanted it to. But I don't buy that the people themselves or their impressions of the candidates were tampered with during the debate.

You can't just write off every negative Ron Paul result just because Penn & Teller tells you to beware of how poll questions are worded.

synthetic
12-12-2007, 10:03 PM
If this happened on Venezuelan tv people would shrug it off and say that country lives under a dictator. It just happened here and no news station is going to question it. The frightening thing is Fox may have just set a new standard. I expect to see this copied on every network in future debates. They already know they can dictate who the frontrunners are. This is just another extension of controlling what people think.

user
12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
These people are idiots, it looks like we'll need to save them from themselves. :eek:

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
If this happened on Venezuelan tv people would shrug it off and say that country lives under a dictator. It just happened here and no news station is going to question it. The frightening thing is Fox may have just set a new standard. I expect to see this copied on every network in future debates. They already know they can dictate who the frontrunners are. This is just another extension of controlling what people think.

We need to find ways to fight this. We just have to look guys!

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
What that graph showed me more than anything was that in spite of how "undecided" those voters were, they clearly favored the so-called "front runners".

I can buy that they've been brainwashed by the MSM. I can even buy that Fox might have chosen to only show the graph when it was going the way they wanted it to. But I don't buy that the people themselves or their impressions of the candidates were tampered with during the debate.

You can't just write off every negative Ron Paul result just because Penn & Teller tells you to beware of how poll questions are worded.

Agreed.

I believe what most people are claiming, (rightly so) is merely that Frank Luntz used profiling to make certain that he had a panel of NeoCon style Republicans.

That's all.

And some proof of this has already surfaced.

One of the allegedly 'undecided' people on the panel is actually a Romney supporter.

But anyway.....we're not really arguing or debating here because I agree with your position, but not your perception of what other's position on the issue seems to be..if that makes any sense.

Rev

RoyalShock
12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
To address a few other remarks.

So what if they were screened? They are still real people and real Republican voters. Unless, of course, you believe they were told how to respond. I just think that idea defies common sense.

Regardless of how well Frank Luntz can word a poll question, I doubt he could manipulate real-time responses of a panel of 25-30 people.

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Dude!

Comon. You can not be unable to see what's being said here.

That he selected people that would react in a predictable pattern, the pattern that Fox pays him to get. That's the point of the Penn & Teller piece...how Frank can get any result he wants.

In this case he got the result by ensuring that the panel was made up of people geared to respond positively to the neocon philosophy when spoken, and negatively to anything not in harmony with that neocon message.

Ya dig?

RoyalShock
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Oh, and completely off topic, but something many of you may get a laugh out of anyway. There is a character in the popular Christian children's video series "Veggie Tales" named Mr. Luntz. His first appearance in the series is as a crony/"yes man" to the mean corporate executive Nebby K. Nezzar.

Interesting parallel, no?

boondoggle
12-12-2007, 10:16 PM
. . . Did someone post this already?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wu1i6GooQY

deedles
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
That whole graph thing is a joke and obviously deliberate. Think about it... it's on TEE-VEE. They don't call it programming for nothing.

You know how many Fox sheep watched that and said "Ooooh... people must not like that Ron Paul". "Maybe I don't like that Ron Paul". I cannot fathom how people STILL put so much stock in the crap spewed out by the TV. I can hardly stand to watch it...

Jojo
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
A video I made when really pissed at fox news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m6N53nidw

I like it a lot. Did you or could you make a similar one with new footage to stir people to give all they can on Dec. 16?? You really should. Soon. Imho. I lack the skill.

RoyalShock
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Dude!

Comon. You can not be unable to see what's being said here.

That he selected people that would react in a predictable pattern, the pattern that Fox pays him to get. That's the point of the Penn & Teller piece...how Frank can get any result he wants.

In this case he got the result by ensuring that the panel was made up of people geared to respond positively to the neocon philosophy when spoken, and negatively to anything not in harmony with that neocon message.

Ya dig?

Fine.

My point is that if Ron Paul is to win the presidency, those people's votes may be needed, too. The campaign (as well as all RP supporters) can look at those graph results and learn how to package his platform in a way that those people will understand.

Unfortunately, they don't think at a fundamental level. While they may say they are tired of the usual politics, they still respond to the usual rhetorical delivery.

LandonCook
12-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Fuck You Frank!!

Magsec
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Fox News could make every of their viewers believe that totalitarianism is a form of conservatism if they wanted to.

Any rational thinker knows that war isn't conservative.

amakris
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
This is insulting on so many levels. Apparently a daily poll telling you what you should be thinking isn't frequent enough. Now we need a real time squiggly line to tell you what you should be thinking. This is textbook Solomon-Asch manipulation. Absolutely disgraceful.

fletcher
12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
To address a few other remarks.

So what if they were screened? They are still real people and real Republican voters. Unless, of course, you believe they were told how to respond. I just think that idea defies common sense.

Regardless of how well Frank Luntz can word a poll question, I doubt he could manipulate real-time responses of a panel of 25-30 people.

So what if they are real Republican voters? You can get a room of people that believe anything you want by screening them. You could find real Republican voters that believe we didn't land on the moon and Bush planned 9/11. It doesn't mean they represent anything other than what the media wants you to believe.