PDA

View Full Version : U.S. foreign-born population swells to highest in over a century

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 04:51 PM
The number of foreign-born people in the United States grew last year to its highest share in over a century, according to Census Bureau data published on Thursday.

The increase took the number of foreign-born residents to 44.5 million in 2017, up 1.8 percent from a year earlier.
The administration has said it wants to restrict legal immigration, and has stepped up efforts as well to detain and deport immigrants in the country illegally since President Donald Trump took office in January 2017.
But so far, said Randy Capps, a demographer at the Migration Policy Institute, the government hasn’t restricted legal immigration much and America’s strong job market likely fueled part of last year’s increase in the foreign-born population.
“The economy’s definitely a factor in this, not just in more people coming but in more people staying,” Capps said.
Foreign-born residents made up 13.7 percent of the U.S. population in 2017, up from 13.5 percent in 2016, according to the Census Bureau’s estimates. That put the proportion of immigrants in the United States last year at the highest since 1910, when they made up 14.7 percent of the population.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-data/u-s-foreign-born-population-swells-to-highest-in-over-a-century-idUSKCN1LT2HZ

We need a 10 year freeze.

oyarde
09-13-2018, 05:20 PM
So 60 million counting illegals ? or just 45 million ? Someone will need to point out the huge wave of positives that offers because I fail to see it .

juleswin
09-13-2018, 05:29 PM
So 60 million counting illegals ? or just 45 million ? Someone will need to point out the huge wave of positives that offers because I fail to see it .

Come on Oyarde, how about all my positive contributions to this site? very unappreciative of u.

Also, not all foreign born are illegal immigrants. Geeze Louise Oyarde, step your game up

oyarde
09-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Come on Oyarde, how about all my positive contributions to this site? very unappreciative of u.

Also, not all foreign born are illegal immigrants. Geeze Louise Oyarde, step your game up

My real question was , are illegals in that number , I kind of doubt it . No offense meant to you , I forgot you were foreign born .

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Exhibit A for our side.

Read what he said again, I know English isn't your first language but your misunderstanding in this case is ridiculous.

juleswin
09-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Exhibit A for our side.

Read what he said again, I know English isn't your first language but your misunderstanding in this case is ridiculous.

Misunderstanding happens even among English speaks, english not being my first language has nothing to do with the misunderstanding here. I wasn't sure where he got the 60 million and I made the assumption that he thinks it is the total number of foreign born and illegal immigrants or something like that.

juleswin
09-13-2018, 05:42 PM
My real question was , are illegals in that number , I kind of doubt it . No offense meant to you , I forgot you were foreign born .

Its OK, I can see how u forgot about me and all my contributions to liberty :)

Danke
09-13-2018, 05:47 PM

I like your contribution to this site, as long as you don't breed.

juleswin
09-13-2018, 06:10 PM
I like your contribution to this site, as long as you don't breed.

I cannot believe u said that to me. Its one thing if u said u didn't want me to breed with someone outside my race but u don't want me to breed at all?

Sadly for u, I am looking forward to having 4 lovely, healthy kids of my own.

Danke
09-13-2018, 06:38 PM
I cannot believe u said that to me. Its one thing if u said u didn't want me to breed with someone outside my race but u don't want me to breed at all?

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

TheCount
09-13-2018, 06:45 PM
The highest since 1910, you say?

Were things better or worse then?

Isn't that the great that you want again?

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 06:45 PM
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

It won't be too bad if he keeps his promise to go back to Africa.

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 06:46 PM
The highest since 1910, you say?

Were things better or worse then?

Isn't that the great that you want again?

That is just about the time it all went down hill really bad, 1912 was a very bad year and Wilson was a very bad president.

TheCount
09-13-2018, 06:54 PM
That is just about the time it all went down hill really bad, 1912 was a very bad year and Wilson was a very bad president.

Therefore, the America that you want to return to had an even greater percentage of immigrants than we do today.

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 06:59 PM
Therefore, the America that you want to return to had an even greater percentage of immigrants than we do today.
How far back do you think I want to go?

Immigrants as a percent of US population don't just keep increasing the farther back you go.

juleswin
09-13-2018, 07:00 PM
It won't be too bad if he keeps his promise to go back to Africa.

The statement was that I will leave the forum not the country. And geeze, I am Nigerian. I will be going back to NIGERIA, why it is so hard for people to say the name of a country in Africa and not the whole continent?

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 07:03 PM
The statement was that I will leave the forum not the country.
Actually you said you would be going back to your home country at least once.

And geeze, I am Nigerian. I will be going back to NIGERIA, why it is so hard for people to say the name of a country in Africa and not the whole continent?

Why does it bug you so much?
It wouldn't bother a Frenchman if I said he was going back to Europe.

TheCount
09-13-2018, 07:22 PM
How far back do you think I want to go?

Immigrants as a percent of US population don't just keep increasing the farther back you go.

You'd have to go back to 1860 to hit a lower percentage of immigrants.

Is the America that you want to go back to pre- or post- 1860?

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 07:25 PM
You'd have to go back to 1860 to hit a lower percentage of immigrants.

Is the America that you want to go back to pre- or post- 1860?
Pre-1860.

You will immediately scream that I want to bring back slavery of course but that is ridiculous, turning back the clock on one or many things doesn't require turning it back on everything else.

Danke
09-13-2018, 07:31 PM

Might be too late, you really think they would let him back?

TheCount
09-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Pre-1860.

You will immediately scream that I want to bring back slavery of course but that is ridiculous, turning back the clock on one or many things doesn't require turning it back on everything else.

You'd be going back to a time before the census asked about people's nationality. I guess they didn't consider it important then.

timosman
09-13-2018, 07:39 PM
You'd be going back to a time before the census asked about people's nationality. I guess they didn't consider it important then.

The country wasn't full back then. :cool:

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Technology hadn't enabled so many immigrants to come here so easily and the rest of the world hadn't ruined itself so badly that everyone wanted to move here.

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Might be too late, you really think they would let him back?
Sure, he would be bringing Yankee dollars with him.

Origanalist
09-13-2018, 08:27 PM

Are you going to buy them Che hats and tee shirts?

juleswin
09-13-2018, 08:33 PM

Why does it bug you so much?
It wouldn't bother a Frenchman if I said he was going back to Europe.

I go home every couple of years. If that is what you mean then ignore my protest.

It sorta bugs me because I am not sure someone as ignorant as you actually understands that there is a difference between Nigeria the country and Africa the continent. Sadly, its not just you but quite a few Americans have a hard time with the concept.

timosman
09-13-2018, 08:37 PM
It sorta bugs me because I am not sure someone as ignorant as you actually understands that there is a difference between Nigeria the country and Africa the continent.

Really? Thank you for clarifying. :cool:

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 08:39 PM
It sorta bugs me because I am not sure someone as ignorant as you actually understands that there is a difference between Nigeria the country and Africa the continent. Sadly, its not just you but quite a few Americans have a hard time with the concept.
:rolleyes:
I'm well aware of the individual countries on the African continent and you are the ignorant one.

TheCount
09-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Technology hadn't enabled so many immigrants to come here so easily

Remember just one post ago when there were more immigrants by % in 1870 than there are today? How does that have with your baseless assertion?

and the rest of the world hadn't ruined itself so badly that everyone wanted to move here.

Holy shit, read a history book sometime.

Swordsmyth
09-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Remember just one post ago when there were more immigrants by % in 1870 than there are today? How does that have with your baseless assertion?
We have limits now even if they are too loose, we would be completely flooded with immigrants now if we didn't thanks to technology.

Holy $#@!, read a history book sometime.
The difference between America and the rest of the world economically or in terms of liberty is much greater today.

oyarde
09-13-2018, 10:24 PM
The statement was that I will leave the forum not the country. And geeze, I am Nigerian. I will be going back to NIGERIA, why it is so hard for people to say the name of a country in Africa and not the whole continent?

As a hunter , I think of it more of different types of geographical habitat type for my favorite game animals and old tribal lands . Like if I am on a river in Cameroon then go into Congo it is the same habitat type . Or if I am in the gulf of Guinea and there are a couple Islands I just pretend I am a pirate and claim them as my spoils .

Swordsmyth
09-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Census Bureau data analyzed by researchers at the Center for Immigration Studies reveals that America has greatly increased immigration from the third world and Islamic regions within the last seven years.
Since 2010, foreign countries with the largest percentage increases based on the number of legal immigrants they are sending to the U.S. include:

Nepal – 120 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Burma (Myanmar) – 95 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Venezuela – 91 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Afghanistan – 84 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Saudi Arabia – 83 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Syria – 75 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Bangladesh – 62 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Nigeria – 57 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Kenya – 56 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
India – 47 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Iraq – 45 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Ethiopia – 44 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Egypt – 34 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Brazil – 33 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Dominican Republic – 32 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Ghana – 32 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
China – 31 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Pakistan – 31 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.
Somalia – 29 percent increase in immigration to the U.S.

In this same time frame, unlikely states like North Dakota and Wyoming saw the largest percentage increases in the number foreign-born residents resettling in the region.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/19/immigration-to-u-s-from-third-world-islamic-nations-skyrockets-since-2010/

Anti Federalist
09-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Shut all long term immigration down.

Temp visas only.

Eject anybody here illegally, back to wherever they came from.

AuH20
09-21-2018, 02:01 PM
Obviously.

Wooden Indian
09-21-2018, 06:13 PM

Temp visas only.

Can we use the airline miles from that endeavor to send the media and feminists to the COUNTRY of Africa, as well?

Swordsmyth
09-21-2018, 07:07 PM

Temp visas only.

We need to eject many of the legal greencard holders as well.