12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52600

trey4sports
12-12-2007, 08:34 PM
very good news.

austin356
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Triple Awesome!!

Ok, I am not sure how much of this I can share, but I am going to anyway as I am beside myself with excitement and nobody has asked me to not say anything about it.

1st - I just got off the phone with someone from the campaign and he said he could not talk because they had a deadline for submission and were wrapping up the finishing touches on a 30 minute infomercial for Iowa!!!! SWEET!

2nd - I have been promoting this idea for a long time and trying to get the campaign on board with it. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21246 & http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=10884).

A video on demand style application that has Dr Paul addressing each issue in an individual clip directly to the viewer, like he is talking one on one.

Well, Lew and Justine finally came around after me constantly hitting up as many people of the staff as possible about the idea (Went to Cheyenne , WY to talk in person to them during the Ron Paul rally there) and showing my demo.

I pushed the staff to get the videos done, and as soon as the videos were, Justine and the web team took my idea and the videos and are doing it themselves.

New videos were shot 2 weekends ago in NH of Ron Paul addressing each issue like he is talking one on one with the viewer (Terrorism, Homeland Security, IRS, etc) in front of a green screen (so any background, or no background, could be put in place). I was to get the videos to finish out my demo as a live app (and still might), but Justine liked it so much she took over to make her version of it. In her version, the videos will be superimposed over the website with a transparent background around Dr Paul.

It will look something like this I imagine:

http://www.gc1.net/images/vod_mock.jpg

I also wanted to have a "Ask Dr Paul a Question" feature in the app, which they may or may not do. This way viewers could send in question to get further clarification from staff or in a future video by Dr Paul if enough people ask the same question.

I am a bit disappointed because they took my idea and working demo I showed them and are doing it themselves without my help; but I am super stoked that it is going to happen. Anything I can do to help Dr Paul win, directly or indirectly, is enough for me. Me being a pest on the idea has paid off...

I want them to have it live before Dec 16th so the traffic surge gets to see it, but I have no idea what their time frame is.

The name is looking like "Constitutionally Speaking with Dr. Ron Paul"

Anyway, I just thought I would share these 2 bits of good news with all of you, so you can get excited about the good things coming.

Thor

rich34
12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I wonder what the cost will be though? Not being negative, but some of them people you just ain't convincing no matter what you do. This might be better served for New Hampshire, that is unless the campaign feels like they're in pretty good position to win there.

jake
12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
rich34: they have to spend the money somewhere :)

rich34
12-12-2007, 08:49 PM
rich34: they have to spend the money somewhere :)

I agree, and that was the reason for the New Hampshire comment :)

Richandler
12-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Dude they are setting this up before the 16th. Ron would have it no other way. No debt for this campaign. We'll have a lot of money, and momentum. Only candidate doing this will spark some more news.

rich34
12-12-2007, 08:51 PM
That's true, but Iowa is a spread out state so they'll have to run it on many different news stations, but if the cost isn't that much then go for it. I'd definately be doing this in NH though because if you hit WMUR then you get the ENTIRE state unlike Iowa. We're good.:)

saahmed
12-12-2007, 08:53 PM
a half hour infomercial in Iowa? how many people are going to watch that? I hope they did their research and found that they would have a ton of viewers. I hope they advertise it ahead of time and advertise the campaign a lot afterwards.

constitutional
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
a half hour infomercial in Iowa? how many people are going to watch that? I hope they did their research and found that they would have a ton of viewers. I hope they advertise it ahead of time and advertise the campaign a lot afterwards.

Info commercials work from what I've seen in the past elections. :D

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Funny.

People say make a 1/2 hour infomercial make a half hour infomercial!

Then they say, is this money wisely spent?

They say, HQ isn't doing the job that the GR is.

Then HQ picks up some GR initiatives and run with em, and people say, I hope HQ knows what it's doing.

Sigh.

All the nay saying internally and externally will soon have a rude awakening.

It's like a perfect alignment of the planets that is shaping up here over the next 4 weeks and I for one, look forward to every day of it.

Rev

Menthol Patch
12-12-2007, 09:09 PM
This is another reason why we must raise 10 million dollars at the Tea Party! So Ron Paul can run this infomercial in many other states!

skinzterpswizfan
12-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Both are fantastic ideas. Great to see both coming into fruition.

Heather in WI
12-12-2007, 09:10 PM
I am stoked! I think they are great ideas!!!

nathanmn
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Funny.

Then HQ picks up some GR initiatives and run with em, and people say, I hope HQ knows what it's doing.

Sigh.

It's like a perfect alignment of the planets that is shaping up here over the next 4 weeks and I for one, look forward to every day of it.

Rev

Hell yeah! I don't see how any Ron Paul supporter could manage to not be excited and positive right now! The blimp is being pulled off, we have the Record breaking Tea Part on the way, and now we have infomercials on the way! Yeaahah

bbachtung
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Remember what the campaign said: almost everyone who sees RP talk for six minutes falls in love (alright, they said becomes a supporter).

trey4sports
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Funny.

Sigh.

Rev

fa real, your dead-on on this one

yongrel
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Awesome! It's great to see HQ producing new stuff. I think the infomercial will be money well spent.

uncloned21
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
you just said "i" or "me" or some form of it 27 times.

Ron LOL
12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Good...good.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7069/goodgoodze8.gif

torchbearer
12-12-2007, 10:32 PM
//

AdamT
12-12-2007, 10:45 PM
I really hope these go on in a somewhat prime time slot. No 3am crap when no one's watching.