PDA

View Full Version : Levi’s Jeans Co. Declares War on Second Amendment

Swordsmyth
09-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Blue jeans manufacturer Levi’s Strauss & Co., a symbol of rugged individualism for many Americans, announced this week it’s taking a stance against the Second Amendment.
The company revealed Tuesday it’ll be teaming up with notorious anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg to form a new gun control alliance for business leaders, as well as donate to groups working to “end gun violence in America.”
In a statement (https://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped-blog/2018/09/04/ending-gun-violence/) released on the company’s website, Levi’s revealed they will give $1 million in grants to various gun control groups, in addition to encouraging employees to volunteer at anti-gun non-profits.

“We are inspired by the young people who are speaking up on America’s gun violence epidemic,” the company wrote.

The attitude was echoed in a Fortune editorial (http://fortune.com/2018/09/04/levi-strauss-gun-violence-parkland/) penned by the company’s CEO Chip Bergh, who in 2016 banned guns from Levi’s stores after a customer shot himself while trying on a pair of jeans.
While acknowledging the company is “known the world over as a pioneer of the American West and one of the great symbols of American freedom,” Bergh goes on to say Levi’s cannot sit idly by “on issues that threaten the very fabric of the communities where we live and work.”
“While taking a stand can be unpopular with some, doing nothing is no longer an option,” Bergh said, adding, “That’s why Levi Strauss & Co. is stepping up our support for gun violence prevention.”
“You may wonder why a company that doesn’t manufacture or sell guns is wading into this issue, but for us, it’s simple. Americans shouldn’t have to live in fear of gun violence.”
Furthermore, the company made known it will match funds for employees who donate to organizations which support similar gun control measures, including Live Free, Gabby Giffords’ Courage to Fight Gun Violence group, and Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/levis-jeans-co-declares-war-on-second-amendment/

Origanalist
09-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Again. Good thing I already don't buy their overpriced clothes.

Schifference
09-07-2018, 05:16 AM
If the goal is to minimize gun violence, they should start by taking guns away from police officers.

otherone
09-07-2018, 06:10 AM
Americans shouldn’t have to live in fear of gun violence.

Your company can't control what Americans fear.

oyarde
09-07-2018, 06:15 AM
Good Lord .What is it with ignorant americans that cannot just sell a product? Douchebags , all of them . Shit like this is why america is not great.

oyarde
09-07-2018, 06:19 AM
Your company can't control what Americans fear.

Yes , that is a blatant lie . It is simply the agenda they have . More americans fear transgenders , tornados and taxes yet they do not stand up against the fear for those americans .

tod evans
09-07-2018, 06:29 AM
Americans shouldn’t have to live in fear of gun violence.

All Americans should be armed and armed better than those who would oversee them.

By design.

Just because some Americans choose to disarm themselves doesn't give them the authority or ability to disarm those who would arm themselves.

EBounding
09-07-2018, 06:31 AM
The jeans are garbage anyway.

jkr
09-07-2018, 08:50 AM
who, or WHAT is a levi jean?

i aint seen them in LITERAL DECADES.

F

U

CaptUSA
09-07-2018, 09:52 AM
Good Lord .What is it with ignorant americans that cannot just sell a product? Douchebags , all of them . Shit like this is why america is not great.

I think the goal is to get "conservatives" fat and naked. They can't wear shoes or jeans, but they'll fill up on Chick-fil-A and In and Outs.

kcchiefs6465
09-07-2018, 11:35 AM
There are a mass of corporations and organizations that don’t want you carrying firearms in their businesses, or even carrying firearms at all — or even kind of, sort of thinking about firearms.

In other words, there are a lot of people out there that aren’t fans of you exercising your rights.

A pro-gun website, Second Amendment Check, has done a bit of research and weeded out some of the major companies that are decidedly anti-gun, and they’ve been kind enough to encourage the sharing of their results so everyone can get the word out.

The website uses a grading scale from A+ to F based on Second Amendment-friendly criteria. Failing companies commit some sort of “Serious 2A violation” including banning lawful carry, refusing Second Amendment-friendly business, or promoting gun control — you’d be surprised how many companies fail according to their criteria.

The list was created in 2014 with just 53 companies — they added Dick’s Sporting Goods this year after their anti-Second Amendment stunt, which is an odd move for a sporting goods store.

Take a look at the list below:
https://i.imgur.com/su3CRuS.png

hxxp://concealednation.org/2018/04/report-here-are-54-anti-gun-companies-that-dont-deserve-your-business/

bunklocoempire
09-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Help us disarm the weak and vulnerable, buy our new over-priced 5th rate products with major brand recognition.

sam1952
09-07-2018, 11:47 AM
I was just in a Whole Foods store yesterday. Looking at cooked chicken breasts $14.99lb. Lucky’s Market here has them at $6.99lb.

oyarde
09-07-2018, 04:08 PM
I was just in a Whole Foods store yesterday. Looking at cooked chicken breasts $14.99lb. Lucky’s Market here has them at $6.99lb.

Ya , I can get the whole chicken however I like cooked at muh local grocer for under 8 .

Anti Globalist
09-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Yeah thats a war they'll never win.

pcosmar
09-07-2018, 04:41 PM
hat tip to fedupinmo
https://image.sportsmansguide.com/image/0/501_jeansEmail_1.jpg

dannno
09-07-2018, 05:17 PM
I fucking hate jeans so much.. never wear them

That's weird, it's usually 10.99 for the cooked and 6.99-8.99 for uncooked organic chicken.

I would expect organic chicken to be a little more expensive, and Whole Foods is usually on the more expensive side.

axiomata
09-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Levi's last about 3 months. Sitting at an office desk. They're crap.

Lee Extreme Motion jeans are the best I've bought recently. I used to make fun of 3% spandex in a pair of jeans ... until I tried it.

specsaregood
09-08-2018, 12:05 AM
I fucking hate jeans so much.. never wear them

Different stokes... I'd rather wear them than most anything else.