PDA

View Full Version : NATO considers naming headquarters after McCain

Origanalist
09-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Ariz.), CNN reported on Wednesday.

Tom Tugendhat, a member of the Conservative party in the the UK parliament, reportedly sent NATO the request after McCain's death on Saturday. Tugendhat is the chair of the British foreign affairs committee.

"There can be no more fitting tribute to his career and the values that Sen. McCain espoused - but also no better message for NATO to send at this time of global tension - than to name its new headquarters building after the American statesman," Tugendhat wrote in his proposal, according to CNN.

NATO spokesperson Oana Lungescu told CNN that the alliance has received the request and it "will be considered carefully."

McCain was a staunch advocate for NATO and supported bringing on other European countries as members of the alliance.

The transatlantic alliance recently moved into the new billion-dollar Brussels headquarters.

"Very few people embodied the values that NATO is built on in the way Sen. John McCain III did," Tugendhat wrote.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/404124-nato-considers-naming-headquarters-after-mccain?amp&__twitter_impression=true

timosman
09-02-2018, 08:57 AM
Somebody is trying to tease Trump. :cool:

Anti Globalist
09-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Naming things after a war criminal. Such a good idea.

angelatc
09-02-2018, 10:14 AM
I more worried about the Arizona airport. Sky Harbor is such a cool name! It would be a shame to see them ruin it by making it McCain International. I am not a big fan of shrines anyway. I have nothing against John Glenn, but I preferred the name Port Columbus. <shrugs>.

TheCount
09-02-2018, 11:04 AM
A truly epic troll.

fedupinmo
09-02-2018, 11:14 AM
NATO is based on nepotism and entitlement? Say it isn't so...

Aratus
09-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Somebody is trying to tease Trump. :cool:

I think it's a cool idea.

nikcers
09-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Naming things after a war criminal. Such a good idea.

Naming the headquarters of NATO after someone who died of brain cancer in their head might just be British humor.

oyarde
09-02-2018, 09:25 PM
NATO participation by america should end . No more child support payments to that crap

Swordsmyth
09-02-2018, 10:00 PM
If doing so will encourage Trump to leave NATO I am all for it.