PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Ron bring up an audit of Fort Knox?

hard@work
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Maybe you guys can help me understand this. I am curious as to why Ron Paul doesn't declare in one of the public debates that we need to have an audit of Fort Knox. It seems to me this would be something that would really dig into a lot of Republicans who have not yet taken the time to think about the ownership of the assets held there.

Wouldn't it be beneficial psychologically to use a Fort Knox audit in the debates to spark interest in the idea that the countries wealth may have been looted?

Also, aside from this semi-conspiratorial slant - why have we not had an audit ... really... ?

fsk
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
The public debates are scripted. If Ron Paul deviates from the script too much, he won't be invited back.

Really, the debates should give each candidate a few minutes to talk about what they think are the most important issues.

The reason there hasn't been an audit is because a lot of the gold isn't physically there anymore! It's been loaned out for short sales, to suppress the gold price and discredit gold as an investment. That's a common central bank trick. They lend out gold for short sales and still keep the gold on their books as if it's physically there.

http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/2007/08/gold-and-silver-price-manipulation.html

hard@work
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Hmm... okay I suppose I can understand why he wouldn't slip it in since he has so much time. It just seems to me that if he mentioned a gold audit on a national platform there would be no way to stop that particular seed from sprouting in even the most brainwashed neocon mind.

Bradley in DC
12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
While I am absolutely sure that Dr. Paul is not "scripted," I'm not sure how much sense it would make. Those of us either pro-gold standard or for "free banking" or at lease skeptical of the Fed are pretty much all with him already. Given how little time he has to make his case, I think he should concentrate on other issues where he's more likely to pick up more support (and this is one of, if not THE, most important issues to me).

hard@work
12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
But wouldn't a statement such as "maybe they/he/she/ can explain to you why we haven't had an audit of fort knox in a generation?" bring out a lot of conspiratorial feelings in those normally quite satiated with MSM information?

2orb
12-12-2007, 11:30 PM
An interview of Ron Paul by Aaron Russo, Russo actually asks Paul about an audit of our nations gold. Paul mentions that when he was on the gold commission a proposal of an audit was voted down.

The exchange between Russo and Paul occurs around the 3:30 mark on the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styYIG-fiEc