PDA

View Full Version : Need a mass gathering

conner_condor
12-12-2007, 06:44 PM
We need to plan a mass gathering in Iowa. I am talking massive gathering here.
Have one huge RP day in Iowa before the caucus. Downtown in the capitol after the 16th. Everyone bring a gift for a child. Make this the hugest toy for tots from a grassroots campaign. Hell make this in every state for that matter. Show the world and our country what kinda people RP supporters are. Is it possible to assemble this in this short of time?

boondoggle
12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
bump . . . I like this idea a lot. Why'd no one say anything?

Smiley Gladhands
12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah that would be cool. I won't be able to make it there or anything, but I agree that it's a good idea (pending discussion on feasibility).

katao
12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
What about a massive New Year's Eve party in Iowa - get everyone pumped to show up at the Caucuses?

ItsTime
12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
It's called the VOTING BOOTH

conner_condor
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
If this won't work then send toys to like the salvation army or toys for tots and put from Ron Paul on it? Maybe to the MSM and have them give them out. Imagine all the MSM got hammered with gifts for kids sent to them from RP supporters. They would have to report on it. It would have to be soon though so they can get them to the kids.

boondoggle
12-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't like the idea of profiting- rather by gaining publicity or an ego boost- by involving the vulnerable. I said that about the Make A Wish kids ride thing. Why do it if we're going to monopolize on it? It's insensitive, I really, really don't think that was your intention, though. I'm not trying to be mean, just saying . . . It doesn't seem fair.

conner_condor
12-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't like the idea of profiting- rather by gaining publicity or an ego boost- by involving the vulnerable. I said that about the Make A Wish kids ride thing. Why do it if we're going to monopolize on it? It's insensitive, I really, really don't think that was your intention, though. I'm not trying to be mean, just saying . . . It doesn't seem fair.

It's not coming from the campaign it's coming from the grassroots. We all win on this. Kids gets gifts we get publicity. It's unfair for you to say that and try to make the kids suffer because of what you think. To you it's a bad idea. Well alot of people give to kids during this time of year. I do and if I can give and get publicity for something and try to get more to do so it is not a bad idea. If it gets people to give to children then let it be. It can be taken both ways you know? I am sure they are going to condemn RP supporters for sending toys to the kids foundation.
That will show how sick they are to say we did it for the publicity and the gifts are nothing. Well to the kids that gift is more than just publicity.

boondoggle
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
It's not coming from the campaign it's coming from the grassroots. We all win on this. Kids gets gifts we get publicity. It's unfair for you to say that and try to make the kids suffer because of what you think. To you it's a bad idea. Well alot of people give to kids during this time of year. I do and if I can give and get publicity for something and try to get more to do so it is not a bad idea. If it gets people to give to children then let it be. It can be taken both ways you know? I am sure they are going to condemn RP supporters for sending toys to the kids foundation.
That will show how sick they are to say we did it for the publicity and the gifts are nothing. Well to the kids that gift is more than just publicity.

Ugh. I wasn't trying to offend you.

I just meant . . . Making kids happy seems "purer" when it comes from your heart than when it comes from political agenda/motive.

I guess you're right though, the campaign will get good publicity. But . . . Yeah, nevermind there. Sorry.