PDA

View Full Version : P/C strikes again

tod evans
08-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Good greif!:rolleyes:

Retired Indy 500 driver Derek Daly fired from TV job for use of N-word 35 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/24/retired-indy-500-driver-derek-daly-fired-from-tv-job-for-use-n-word-35-years-ago.html

Retired Indy 500 and Formula One driver Derek Daly was fired from his job as a TV racing analyst this week after news of his use of a racial slur 35 years ago resurfaced, but he says the story being told about him is all wrong.

The controversy started last week when longtime Indianapolis Colts radio play-by-play announcer Bob Lamey, 80, was overheard telling someone about an interview he remembered from the Indy 500, in which a racing driver was asked if he thought anyone was holding back during qualifying, to which the he allegedly answered “there aren’t any n---ers in this race."

Lamey apologized to those around him, but retired from his job in the wake of the incident.

“The Colts deplore and do not tolerate the use of any racial slur – in any context,” the team said in a statement.

It was later reported that Derek Daly, an Irishman who now lives in Indianapolis, was the source of the comment, and his employer, WISH-TV, immediately severed ties with him. However, while Daly admitted using the word, he said Lamey’s recounting of the incident was incorrect and slanderous.

Daly told Fox59 that what actually happened was that radio reporter Larry Henry asked him what it was like being a rookie foreign driver on an American team, and Daly said if anything went wrong the only “n---er in the wood pile” would be me.

Henry told the Indianapolis Star he remembers the interview, and that he froze for a moment on air before tossing the segment back to the studio.

Daly claims he had no idea that the term was considered offensive in the United States, and that it was commonly used in Ireland when he was growing up.

“I quickly learned what a derogatory term it was. When I was first informed of this, I was mortified at the offense I might have caused people. I have therefore never used the word since. I made this mistake once, but never again,” Daly told Fox59.

Lamey has not yet commented on Daly’s version of events.

Anti Federalist
08-24-2018, 09:40 AM
“I quickly learned what a derogatory term it was. When I was first informed of this, I was mortified at the offense I might have caused people. I have therefore never used the word since. I made this mistake once, but never again,” Daly told Fox59.

Oh for fuck's sake...own it, instead of groveling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihH_-O7ev2o

TheTexan
08-24-2018, 09:56 AM
This is why it's important not to use any word that might be offensive 35 years from now.

timosman
08-24-2018, 10:38 AM
This is why it's important not to use any word that might be offensive 35 years from now.

Is there a list?

DamianTV
08-24-2018, 02:43 PM

What, like Vagina? No, literally! The moron retard fucking humperdoo PC crowd now want "vagina" relabeled to "front hole".

eleganz
08-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Is there something wrong with saying ****** on RPF?

edit: guess the censors caught it, but seriously there is nothing wrong with the word ngger.

timosman
08-24-2018, 02:54 PM
Is there something wrong with saying ****** on RPF?

edit: guess the censors caught it, but seriously there is nothing wrong with the word ngger.

Can I say hоmо on this board? https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509715-Can-I-say-h%26%231086%3Bm%26%231086%3B-on-this-board

Anti Globalist
08-24-2018, 04:18 PM
35 years ago? These people seriously need to get a life.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-24-2018, 04:23 PM

LOL. I would fire him for being a drama queen and a pansy.

Cleaner44
08-24-2018, 04:49 PM
What, like Vagina? No, literally! The moron retard $#@!ing humperdoo PC crowd now want "vagina" relabeled to "front hole".

They already have a magazine dedicated to it:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/618Ol7hB0KL._SX365_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DamianTV
08-24-2018, 05:33 PM
They already have a magazine dedicated to it:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/618Ol7hB0KL._SX365_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And already rally against publishing pics against anyone prettier than themselves. Thats one of the things these PC fucktards are gonna go after eventually. Mandate that only pics of Troglodytes and Hideous women are ever published.

tod evans
08-25-2018, 04:22 PM
NASCAR Xfinity’s Conor Daly loses sponsorship over father's resurfaced N-word slur

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/25/nascar-xfinity-s-conor-daly-loses-sponsorship-over-fathers-resurfaced-n-word-slur.html

Lilly Diabetes has parted ways with driver Conor Daly ahead of his NASCAR debut after reports surfaced that his father, Derek Daly, a retired Indy 500 and Formula One driver, used the N-word during an interview in the 1980s.

On August 24, the pharmaceutical company announced they would be ending the sponsorship of the 26-year-old driver ahead of the NASCAR Xfinity race scheduled for August 25. Lilly confirmed in a statement that its partnership with Daly, who primarily races for IndyCar, was intended to raise awareness for treatment options and resources for people living with diabetes.

Daly was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 14, USA Today reports.

"Unfortunately, the comments that surfaced this week by Derek Daly distract from this focus, so we have made the decision that Lilly Diabetes will no longer run the No. 6 at Road America this weekend," Lilly said in a statement. "We remain committed to our mission of supporting people with diabetes.”

The same day, Daly spoke out on social media to share his side of the story.

“The last 24hrs have been quite an unnecessarily difficult ride for my family. There is A LOT I want to say... but I’m still here and still racing. I appreciate the support from @roushfenway and ALL of you. lillyDiabetes has been a big part of my career and Im very thankful. #6” he wrote on Twitter.

“The good news is we are still here as a team, and we will go racing tomorrow @roushfenway ! Lilly Diabetes has been a part of my career for several years now and I thank them for that support support,” Daly continued on Instagram.

Two days ago, the Indianapolis Star reported that Conor’s father denied being the original source of a racial slur that led to the retirement of longtime Indianapolis Colts radio voice Bob Lamey last weekend.

WISH-TV reported that Daly was the source in a story Wednesday. It also led to the station severing its ties with Daly, a freelance racing analyst.

In a statement, the elder Daly said he admitted to using a racial slur for African-Americans during a radio interview in the early 1980s. Derek Daly, who had just moved to the United States then, said the term had a different meaning and connotation in his native Ireland. He said was "mortified'" when he learned how the term was used in the United States and has never used it since then.

"Finally, I want everyone to know I deeply regret and sincerely apologize for what I said more than three decades ago," the elder Daly said in a statement.

Meanwhile, his son is still slated to make his NASCAR debut at the rural Wisconsin road course with Roush Fenway Racing later today.

Swordsmyth
08-25-2018, 07:07 PM
NASCAR Xfinity’s Conor Daly loses sponsorship over father's resurfaced N-word slur

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/25/nascar-xfinity-s-conor-daly-loses-sponsorship-over-fathers-resurfaced-n-word-slur.html

Lilly Diabetes has parted ways with driver Conor Daly ahead of his NASCAR debut after reports surfaced that his father, Derek Daly, a retired Indy 500 and Formula One driver, used the N-word during an interview in the 1980s.

On August 24, the pharmaceutical company announced they would be ending the sponsorship of the 26-year-old driver ahead of the NASCAR Xfinity race scheduled for August 25. Lilly confirmed in a statement that its partnership with Daly, who primarily races for IndyCar, was intended to raise awareness for treatment options and resources for people living with diabetes.

Daly was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 14, USA Today reports.

"Unfortunately, the comments that surfaced this week by Derek Daly distract from this focus, so we have made the decision that Lilly Diabetes will no longer run the No. 6 at Road America this weekend," Lilly said in a statement. "We remain committed to our mission of supporting people with diabetes.”

The same day, Daly spoke out on social media to share his side of the story.

“The last 24hrs have been quite an unnecessarily difficult ride for my family. There is A LOT I want to say... but I’m still here and still racing. I appreciate the support from @roushfenway and ALL of you. @lil (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1717)lyDiabetes has been a big part of my career and Im very thankful. #6” he wrote on Twitter.

“The good news is we are still here as a team, and we will go racing tomorrow @roushfenway ! Lilly Diabetes has been a part of my career for several years now and I thank them for that support support,” Daly continued on Instagram.

Two days ago, the Indianapolis Star reported that Conor’s father denied being the original source of a racial slur that led to the retirement of longtime Indianapolis Colts radio voice Bob Lamey last weekend.

WISH-TV reported that Daly was the source in a story Wednesday. It also led to the station severing its ties with Daly, a freelance racing analyst.

In a statement, the elder Daly said he admitted to using a racial slur for African-Americans during a radio interview in the early 1980s. Derek Daly, who had just moved to the United States then, said the term had a different meaning and connotation in his native Ireland. He said was "mortified'" when he learned how the term was used in the United States and has never used it since then.

"Finally, I want everyone to know I deeply regret and sincerely apologize for what I said more than three decades ago," the elder Daly said in a statement.

Meanwhile, his son is still slated to make his NASCAR debut at the rural Wisconsin road course with Roush Fenway Racing later today.

Will his grandchildren be punished too?
What about his other relatives?

The end game is to punish all (non-elite) whites forever, they won't be satisfied until we are literally enslaved or extinct.