PDA

View Full Version : Trump warns of stock market crash if he's ever impeached: 'I think everybody would be very poo

Zippyjuan
08-23-2018, 02:12 PM
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-michael-cohens-hush-money-payoffs-campaign-violations/story?id=57352089

Two days after President Trump's former personal attorney pleaded guilty to illegal campaign contributions, the president ripped Michael Cohen for "flipping" to accept a plea deal, while also warning that the stock market would tank if the Democrats win control of Congress and move to impeach him.

"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who has done a great job," he told Fox News in an interview that aired Thursday morning, giving his job performance an A-plus rating. "I will tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor."

As for Cohen, who alleges that the president directed his hush-money payoffs, Trump said deal-making under legal pressure "almost ought to be illegal."

More at link.

Impeachment would be difficult even if the Dems take control of Congress in the fall elections. To impeach requires two thirds which would still require a large number of Republicans going along with it. 51% of the House can call for impeachment to get things rolling, but two thirds of the Senate would have to vote in favor (following a trial/ hearings) for him to be actually impeached.

Anti Federalist
08-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Trump said deal-making under legal pressure "almost ought to be illegal."

He's right, although, as usual, for either the wrong reasons or maybe not understanding why.

Somebody should get in his ear about plea bargains and why fed prosecutors have a 95+ percent conviction rate.

shakey1
08-23-2018, 02:45 PM
They're pushing pretty hard for this... still, seems unlikely.

Anti Federalist
08-23-2018, 04:07 PM
They're pushing pretty hard for this... still, seems unlikely.

I hesitate to make predictions, since 2016, Trump has baffled me.

But I think in this case, the Bolshevik mob and the government ruling class will be able to run him off...or make him resign.

DamianTV
08-23-2018, 05:06 PM
The economy is gonna crash one way or the other. Mathematical. It is UNAVOIDABLE.

Thing is, when it does happen, they ALWAYS need a Scapegoat. Despite Trumps statement, I would NOT put it past the Money Manipulators to crash the economy intentionally just to spite Trump.

oyarde
08-23-2018, 05:20 PM
Uh , retardo dems are not impeaching anyone and I will not be poor if they do .

dannno
08-23-2018, 05:24 PM
I hesitate to make predictions, since 2016, Trump has baffled me.

But I think in this case, the Bolshevik mob and the government ruling class will be able to run him off...or make him resign.

They are trying but I dunno we will see.. I wouldn't mind seeing the march on DC that would happen if it started going through.

Zippyjuan
08-23-2018, 06:43 PM
The economy is gonna crash one way or the other. Mathematical. It is UNAVOIDABLE.

Thing is, when it does happen, they ALWAYS need a Scapegoat. Despite Trumps statement, I would NOT put it past the Money Manipulators to crash the economy intentionally just to spite Trump.

Yeah, the market will eventually go down. Will it be next year? Will it be ten years from now? Will it be mild? Will it be severe? (been hearing that crash is about to happen since about 2009).