PDA

View Full Version : Bolsheviks continue purge. Silent Sam statue toppled at UNC.

phill4paul
08-21-2018, 06:25 AM
All while UNC spent $400k for security and "law enforcement" stood down.

Protesters topple Silent Sam Confederate statue at UNC

CHAPEL HILL
Protesters toppled the Silent Sam Confederate statue on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill on Monday night.

The monument was ripped down after 9:15 p.m. Earlier in the evening, protesters covered the statue with tall, gray banners, erecting “an alternative monument” that said, in part, “For a world without white supremacy.”

Protesters were apparently working behind the covering with ropes to bring the statue down, which happened more than two hours into a rally. It fell with a loud clanging sound, and the crowd erupted in cheers.

After Silent Sam tumbled to the ground, people darted in and out of the crowd through a haze from smoke bombs. Atop the statue someone placed a black cap that said, “Do It Like Durham,” an apparent reference to the toppling of a Confederate statue there a year ago.

People rushed to the remains, taking photos and stomping on the monument that had been erected in 1913 with donations from the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The statue has been the focus of protests and vandalism for decades, but especially in the past year. UNC had installed surveillance cameras and spent $390,000 on security around the statue last year.

Stephanie Chang, 21, a recent UNC graduate, said she followed the crowd to campus after word spread on Franklin Street. By the time she got there, she saw Silent Sam’s head on the ground. Soon, police were covering the statue with a tarp.

“It’s like, Silent Sam has been tucked in, put to bed,” Chang said.

Andrew Skinner, 23, who graduated from UNC earlier this year, said he was glad the statue fell in an illegal act.

“It shows that we have the power to be on the right side of history,” Skinner said. “We are part of a long tradition of civil rights in this country.....We as a country have a lot of change and a lot of healing to do, and we are not going to get there putting racism on a pedestal.”

Monday’s gathering started as a demonstration in support of a UNC graduate student who faces criminal and honor court charges for throwing red ink and blood on the Confederate statue in April. The downtown Franklin Street event quickly morphed into a march to the UNC campus, where police officers stood at the monument.

A skirmish broke out early when someone threw a smoke bomb. Police chased one man and arrested another for resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer.

The protesters quickly took control of the area immediately around the statue, hoisting four tall banners in a square that almost completely obscured it. The head of the Confederate soldier occasionally poked out from the top of the banners.

Police formed a perimeter around protesters. One banner said, “The whole world is watching. Which side are you on?” Some of the demonstrators wore Carolina blue bandannas over their faces that said, “Sam must fall.”

Several bystanders wearing Confederate flags on T-shirts watched the protest. Clint Procell, 31, wore a Trump hat. A self-described conservative, Procell said he wanted to see for himself how intolerant the people protesting Silent Sam were, and the experience didn’t disappoint. He said he was pushed and his hat was temporarily stolen.

“The main reason for me to come was to see the people fighting against Trump,” he said. He described some of the protesters’ language as hateful against police and conservatives, but said he also had several conversations that were remarkably open.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article217035815.html

phill4paul
08-21-2018, 06:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNDvw2dZLLg

donnay
08-21-2018, 06:35 AM
But this is totally acceptable to them. . .

https://www.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/satanic-statue23561.jpg

Anti Federalist
08-21-2018, 06:39 AM
And the crowd, mostly self loathing whites, fully poisoned against themselves, as if they had been given a bad vaccine and their immune system turned against them, killing them.

phill4paul
08-21-2018, 06:48 AM
And the crowd, mostly self loathing whites, fully poisoned against themselves, as if they had been given a bad vaccine and their immune system turned against them, killing them.

Amazing ain't it. I read a twitter post by a white academic that supported it by saying how much he was "traumatized" by having to walk by it daily. My lord, the agony must have driven him to prescription meds!
On another note I was reading through the comments on one of the articles in which the majority opinion condemned it. And then the comments were disabled and went down the memory hole.

Anti Federalist
08-21-2018, 06:51 AM
Amazing ain't it. I read a twitter post by a white academic that supported it by saying how much he was "traumatized" by having to walk by it daily. My lord, the agony must have driven him to prescription meds!
On another note I was reading through the comments on one of the articles in which the majority opinion condemned it. And then the comments were disabled and went down the memory hole.

Of course...can't have anything questioning the narrative you know.

It is amazing...amazing how well it works...Cultural Marxism that is.

It was tried before, but white people were made of sterner stuff and it wasn't as successful.

But now, as stupid and weak as whites have become, shit, it's a cakewalk now.

They don't want to defend what they have created, and the ones who do want it only want it for the same reasons a petty, petulant child wants something it should not have.

And, like petty, petulant children, they'll finally get what they want only to break and destroy it.

Origanalist
08-21-2018, 06:55 AM

They were. Public schools.

Anti Federalist
08-21-2018, 06:57 AM

+rep

AuH20
08-21-2018, 07:01 AM
Sickos are animated by their false history and self-inflicted white guilt.

phill4paul
08-21-2018, 07:02 AM

Without a doubt.

phill4paul
08-21-2018, 08:48 AM
I might be changing my mind. These protesters might be onto something. Prior to a 1954 Supreme Court ruling UNC Chapel Hill had a practice of institutionalized racism.

BURN DOWN THE WHOLE CAMPUS! IT IS A SYMBOL OF RACIST OPPRESSION! #burndownracistcampuses

PierzStyx
08-21-2018, 09:13 AM
But this is totally acceptable to them. . .

https://www.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/satanic-statue23561.jpg

Not much different really. Most Confederate statues are of slave owners who beat, tortured, stole from, and oppressed millions daily. Which is exactly Satan's purpose -to use the powers of the world to oppress and dominate through violence and terror.

phill4paul
08-21-2018, 09:18 AM
Not much different really. Most Confederate statues are of slave owners who beat, tortured, stole from, and oppressed millions daily. Which is exactly Satan's purpose -to use the powers of the world to oppress and dominate through violence and terror.

You're going to have to provide some proof of that. Because, it is simply NOT true. Most of the statues, which were erected in the early 1900's by the Daughters and Sons of the Confederacy, were dedicated to the "average" soldier. "Average" soldiers, by and large, did not own slaves. But, please, get on with your revisionist drivel.

timosman
08-21-2018, 09:45 AM

I am not crazy at all. :rolleyes:

donnay
08-21-2018, 09:49 AM

I don't believe anyone was worshipping Silent Sam, it is part of history--good or bad.

Those who do not study history are DOOMED to repeat it.

shakey1
08-21-2018, 10:34 AM
incredible:nauseated:

phill4paul
08-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Do NOT stop with simply tearing down a statue of institutional racism. Burn down the very institution that allowed it to be erected and was itself an institution of racism until the Federal government forced segregation!

Ho, ho, hey hey
Burn Chapel Hill down today!
Hey, hey, ho, ho
Past racist institutions have got to go!

oyarde
08-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Man those police must be pussies . When I was a kid they would have beat them down with a club , cuffed them and then determined if they needed beat a little more . In the old days police did not shoot you or let you destroy private property .

Brian4Liberty
08-21-2018, 02:23 PM
Man those police must be pussies . When I was a kid they would have beat them down with a club , cuffed them and then determined if they needed beat a little more . In the old days police did not shoot you or let you destroy private property .

That’s what I was thinking. Back in the day, young people just having large parties, celebrations, festivals were often confronted with lines of Police swinging long billy clubs and ax handles.

timosman
08-21-2018, 02:32 PM
That’s what I was thinking. Back in the day, young people just having large parties, celebrations, festivals were often confronted with lines of Police swinging long billy clubs and ax handles.

Very unsanitary. Bloody noses and stuff. A bullet is way cleaner and safer for the officer. :cool:

PierzStyx
08-21-2018, 04:05 PM
I don't believe anyone was worshipping Silent Sam, it is part of history--good or bad.

Those who do not study history are DOOMED to repeat it.

Nationalism is as much a religion as Christianity. This was explained by the eminent historian of nationalism, Carlton Hayes.

https://www.panarchy.org/hayes/nationalism.html

Nationalism's idols of stone and steel are still as much an idol as if you were worshiping any other statue in a church or temple. And nationalism certainly follows the Satanic plan- rule through blood and terror and demand the sacrifice of human life to maintain existence all while oppressing the masses.

And there is nothing about most Confederate statues that has anything to do with actual history. Like most idols they're about perpetuating a myth that justifies the existence of the organization in power.

Really, you nationalists could use a good study of history. Too bad most of what you believe is mythology.

donnay
08-21-2018, 05:18 PM
Nationalism is as much a religion as Christianity. This was explained by the eminent historian of nationalism, Carlton Hayes.

Nationalism's idols of stone and steel are still as much an idol as if you were worshiping any other statue in a church or temple. And nationalism certainly follows the Satanic plan- rule through blood and terror and demand the sacrifice of human life to maintain existence all while oppressing the masses.

And there is nothing about most Confederate statues that has anything to do with actual history. Like most idols they're about perpetuating a myth that justifies the existence of the organization in power.

Really, you nationalists could use a good study of history. Too bad most of what you believe is mythology.

I love my country, but I do not have to like some of the things my countrymen do. I do not idolize anything or anyone, and I worship God through Jesus Christ. So your response is moot to me.

Swordsmyth
08-22-2018, 08:21 PM
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yNGaXVzLNbKj

donnay
08-23-2018, 08:21 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

I applaud that man!

tod evans
08-23-2018, 09:12 AM
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yNGaXVzLNbKj

Worth watching!

heavenlyboy34
08-23-2018, 10:48 AM
I love my country, but I do not have to like some of the things my countrymen do. I do not idolize anything or anyone, and I worship God through Jesus Christ. So your response is moot to me.

Just FYI, when you put it like this, you imply Arianism (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01707c.htm). See also here (https://orthodoxwiki.org/Arianism). ~hugs~

LibertyEagle
08-23-2018, 10:55 AM

Question: How many individual southerners owned slaves or what percentage of southerners?

Question: And how many slaves, on average, did each own?

LibertyEagle
08-23-2018, 10:57 AM

So, Styx, you prefer globalism over love of your own country/countrymen, eh?

Anti Federalist
08-23-2018, 11:15 AM
So, Styx, you prefer globalism over love of your own country/countrymen, eh?

I'm pretty sure he has no love for either.

donnay
08-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Just FYI, when you put it like this, you imply Arianism (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01707c.htm). See also here (https://orthodoxwiki.org/Arianism). ~hugs~

John 14:6 (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Organized religion always has the devil in the details.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-23-2018, 11:44 AM
I've heard there are quite a few new Confederate monuments. At least 4 in Alabama. Probably not being replaced at the rate of removal, but here's two:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ne-p9S__--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/hola82xhqarkrsm5j29z.png
https://www.theroot.com/its-2018-and-these-trash-bags-are-still-erecting-confed-1827268382

https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_35/2134596/170827-confederat-monument-alabama-1115p_cebba6a7b67f0caba98c43f41d355ff6.fit-760w.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-confederate-monument-goes-alabama-n796531

Some of these Alabama monuments are post-2000: https://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2017/08/here_are_confederate_monuments.html

heavenlyboy34
08-23-2018, 11:59 AM
John 14:6 (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Organized religion always has the devil in the details.

John 14:7 "If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

It's not a hidden detail-hypostatic nature is there in the plain text. Western non-Roman Catholic theologians just choose to ignore it.

Swordsmyth
08-23-2018, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure he has no love for either.

I'm pretty sure he has no love for anything, the man is consumed with hate.

Swordsmyth
08-27-2018, 08:48 PM
The Hill reported on August 25 that Thom Goolsby, a member of UNC’s Board of Governors, said that “Silent Sam” will be placed back on campus within 90 days. “A statue was torn down by a violent mob and the police stood by and did nothing as that happened,” Goolsby said, noting that the university’s board is investigating and working with school officials to ensure that the “perpetrators are punished, that judgment is sought for their felonious criminal acts.”
“We will make sure that the laws of our state are enforced,” Goolsby said. “We will not allow anarchy to reign on our campuses.”
Goolsby's words may be premature, however, as UNC Chancellor Carol Folt said the statue would be put up again off school property.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/29887-as-violence-continues-at-chapel-hill-campus-unc-board-member-says-confederate-statue-will-be-replaced

H_H
08-29-2018, 11:11 AM

Bro, Styx, it would be one thing to tear down a statue to Lenin or whatever. But one to just Russian soldiers? That’s quite another thing, isn’t it?

“Silent Sam” is just a statue of a archetypal Confederate soldier. It is a memorial to everyone who died fighting for the Confederacy during the war. It commemorates the poor grunts forced to fight a war for their lazy, materialistic, short-sighted landlords who were keeping them and their people down by importing cheap slave labor. How in the depths of insanity is that an objectionable statue to you, Pierz?

Swordsmyth
08-29-2018, 01:26 PM
Bro, Styx, it would be one thing to tear down a statue to Lenin or whatever. But one to just Russian soldiers? That’s quite another thing, isn’t it?

“Silent Sam” is just a statue of a archetypal Confederate soldier. It is a memorial to everyone who died fighting for the Confederacy during the war. It commemorates the poor grunts forced to fight a war for their lazy, materialistic, short-sighted landlords who were keeping them and their people down by importing cheap slave labor. How in the depths of insanity is that an objectionable statue to you, Pierz?

You left out the part about them fighting against the tyrannical foreigners who wanted to violate their rights and steal their wealth.

H_H
08-29-2018, 07:52 PM
You left out the part about them fighting against the tyrannical foreigners who wanted to violate their rights and steal their wealth.
We can debate whether the American Revolution and the War of Yankee Aggression were justified wars, and also whether they were wise, from the comfort of our armchairs by the way. And we can feel like our opinions matter. But guess who knew 100% his opinion on the war did NOT matter. Silent Sam. Because Silent Sam, and a million others like him, were conscripted. They were forced to fight. Whether they approved of the war or not.

In that situation, many, MANY acted bravely, performed great and noble deeds, and laid down lives for friends. Unsung. Were they heroes? You tell me, Pierz. You tell me.

Swordsmyth
08-29-2018, 08:06 PM
We can debate whether the American Revolution and the War of Yankee Aggression were justified wars, and also whether they were wise, from the comfort of our armchairs by the way. And we can feel like our opinions matter. But guess who knew 100% his opinion on the war did NOT matter. Silent Sam. Because Silent Sam, and a million others like him, were conscripted. They were forced to fight. Whether they approved of the war or not.
Whether or not the war between the states was justified or wise many of the Southern troops were volunteers and their enemies wanted to violate their rights and steal their wealth.

I made the point about it because Pierz wants to imply that they were all mustache twirling villains who fought to preserve slavery, he would denounce them for not overthrowing their own government in the middle of a hostile invasion.

Swordsmyth
09-07-2018, 11:41 PM
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill police charged a professor with simple assault during the toppling of a Confederate statue on campus, the school told Campus Reform on Wednesday.

According to the arrest report obtained by Campus Reform, Dr. Dwayne Dixon, Teaching Assistant Professor at UNC's Asian Studies Department, received a criminal summons for simple assault and warning of trespass on August 30 after the "Silent Sam" Confederate statue toppling on August 20. Dixon is due in court on Sept. 27.
Patrick Howley, editor-in-chief at conservative BigLeaguePolitics.com alleged in a tweet that the professor assaulted him, directing readers to a video showcasing the alleged attack. The video was uploaded to YouTube by Big League Politics Reporter Peter D'Abrosca.

UNC professor Dwayne Dixon has been served a criminal summons for simple assault against me.https://t.co/jZuspyMfcf
— Patrick Howley (@howleyreports) September 4, 2018 (https://twitter.com/howleyreports/status/1037127824015089664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) According to the UNC Police incident report, which Campus Reform also obtained, Dixon struck Howley in the face and head.
The Durham County Sheriff's Office had arrested Dixon on Aug. 18, two days before the UNC rally, charging the professor with going armed to the terror of the people and carrying a weapon at a public gathering, both misdemeanors, reported (https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/counties/durham-county/article169819572.html)The Herald Sun. Dixon was carrying a semi-automatic rifle with at least three 30-round magazines, according to the police. The professor was released on $5,000 bail.
UNC police charged 18 individuals in connection with the "Silent Sam" protests on Monday, Aug. 20, Saturday, Aug. 25, and Thursday, Aug. 30, UNC spokesman Randy B. Young told Campus Reform. The school termed Dixon's involvement a "personnel matter" and did not respond to additional inquiries regarding whether Dixon has tenure, whether he still teaches, or is on paid leave.
The police charged five protesters with resisting, delaying, or obstructing an officer, four protesters with simple assault, and three individuals with misdemeanor defacing of a public monument and misdemeanor riot, among other charges.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-07/unc-prof-charged-assault-confederate-statue-toppling

Swordsmyth
10-15-2018, 05:58 PM
After a day of proceedings in Hillsborough, North Carolina, a graduate student at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill has been found guilty of misdemeanor defacing a public statue or monument.
“Judge Cabe says case doesn’t meet legal definition necessary for necessity defense, finds Maya guilty, but is continuing judgment in perpetuity. Asks about Maya’s ability to pay,” said Take Action Chapel Hill, a leftist coalition of supporters of the Silent Sam rioters that live-Tweeted the trial of Maya Little on Monday.

However, the judgment in perpetuity means that there will be no conviction or punishment. Little will not have to pay court fees, and will not be sentenced.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/guilty-but-no-punishment-judge-lets-silent-sam-defacer-off-the-hook/

How is that even legal?

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 07:18 PM
University of North Carolina chancellor Carol Folt is resigning her position after the national controversy surrounding the takedown of the Silent Sam monument on campus in Chapel Hill.
With her resignation announcement, Folt addressed the issue on everyone’s mind, saying that she has ordered the base of Silent Sam to be taken off campus. Taxpayers in North Carolina and at least one member of the UNC Board of Governors expressed outrage at the toppling of Silent Sam, and the statue’s fate remains unresolved.
On the night of the riot that felled Silent Sam, chancellor Folt put out a statement pushing the narrative that it was a peaceful protest, despite much evidence to the contrary. Dozens of arrests were made in connection with the series of riots that shook Chapel Hill and endangered students.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/unc-chancellor-is-out-after-national-controversy-surrounding-silent-sam-toppling/

Swordsmyth
11-30-2019, 02:52 AM
Ever since protesters toppled a Confederate statue known as Silent Sam at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill last year, the college has hidden the monument from view, stashing it in storage and refusing to disclose its location.
But after 15 months of hand-wringing over what to do with the statue, the university said Wednesday that it had found a resolution.
As part of a settlement with the North Carolina division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans — a Confederate group that had sued over the statue’s fate — the university handed Silent Sam over to the group and said it would fund a $2.5 million trust for its “care and preservation,” according to a statement released Wednesday.
The money, which would not include state funds, could pay for a facility in which the monument would be kept and displayed, the university said.
Under the agreement, the group will have to keep the statue outside of any of the 14 counties with a UNC school, the university said.
Jim Holmes, a member of the UNC Board of Governors, said in the statement that the agreement addressed “safety and security concerns” associated with the statue. The university had previously said that keeping the statue on campus could increase the risk of violence and property damage.
“We believe this consent judgment not only addresses those concerns but does what is best for the university, and the university community in full compliance with North Carolina law,” Holmes said in the statement.

R. Kevin Stone, the commander of the Confederate group, said the settlement was fair. He said that his group was in possession of the statue at an “undisclosed location.”
He did not know specifically when his group had sued the university but said that negotiations had been going on for months. He declined to say where the statue would end up, but said there would most likely be a visitor center.
“We plan to make it available to the public,” Stone said.
The statue, which depicts a Confederate soldier holding a rifle, was proposed by the United Daughters of the Confederacy and approved by the university’s board in 1908. It was unveiled in 1913.
It was toppled in August 2018, amid a greater reckoning nationwide over what to do with Confederate symbols and tributes. Confederate monuments have been removed across the country, from Los Angeles to Brooklyn.
Carol Folt, the chancellor of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, resigned in January amid continued debate over the statue.
The university had previously taken the position that removing the statue would be in the “best interest of the safety of our campus,” but cited a 2015 state law in keeping the monument where it was. Under that law, a “monument, memorial or work of art owned by the state” may not be “removed, relocated or altered in any way” without the consent of a state historical commission.
The university said in the statement Wednesday that the settlement complied with state law.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/university-north-carolina-gives-silent-141052347.html