PDA

View Full Version : "Transgender" "woman" wins Democratic nomination for Vermont governor

Swordsmyth
08-14-2018, 09:40 PM
Vermont Democrats made Christine Hallquist the first openly transgender person to win a major party nomination for statewide office in U.S. history as she clinched Tuesday's primary election for governor.She defeated three other Democrats and will take on incumbent Governor Phil Scott, a Republican, in the Nov. 6 general election, unofficial results showed.

This year, 43 transgender candidates have run for political office at all levels in the United States, most of them Democrats but a few running as independents, for the Green Party or for nonpartisan offices, according to Logan Casey, a research associate at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Hallquist is the first openly transgender candidate to win a major party nomination for governor or a statewide office of any kind.
She enjoys name recognition as the former David Hallquist, the onetime chief executive of the Vermont Electric Cooperative who publicly transitioned to a female identity while leading the power utility in 2015.

Before Vermont's election, only four transgender candidates had won primaries in 2018, all at the statehouse level, and have a general election ahead. Seventeen have lost primary or general elections and 21 have yet to face voters, Casey's research shows.
Vermont has a history of being first on gender-related issues. It was the first state to allow civil unions for same-sex couples in 2000 and in 2009 became the first state to legalize gay marriage through the state legislature.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-transgender-woman-wins-democratic-nomination-vermont-governor-022817859.html

:nauseated:
My ancestor Ethan Allen must be spinning like a top in his grave.

spudea
08-14-2018, 09:48 PM
there's no putting this genie back in the bottle.

oyarde
08-14-2018, 09:49 PM
LOL , great state for it .

goldenequity
08-14-2018, 09:54 PM
https://media1.fdncms.com/sevendaysvt/imager/u/original/2989967/business2-3-ad8b3d3ebe9cd76d.jpg

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/vpr/files/styles/x_large/public/201802/christine_hallquist-provided.jpg

thoughtomator
08-14-2018, 10:00 PM
It's their own fault for not laughing this freak out of the state the moment they showed up. Watch this dude prioritize giving perverts access to children.

Most of these dudes don't cut their junk off and 3/4ths of them claim to be lesbian. I call them creepy sex predators and a clear and present danger to innocents.

Swordsmyth
08-14-2018, 10:01 PM
Yes there is but it won't be pretty, they will initiate violence if/when the laws/judicial precedents are fixed.

thoughtomator
08-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Yes there is but it won't be pretty, they will initiate violence if/when the laws/judicial precedents are fixed.

That will provide license to deal with them in the appropriate manner.

Anti Globalist
08-15-2018, 03:35 PM
"I want to be a governor."

"What are you qualifications?"

"Well I had cosmetic surgery to make me look like a woman."

"You're hired."

Anti Federalist
08-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Mental illness combined with food and medicinal poisoning.

RonZeplin
08-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Ruby and Donnell used to be SO special, now everyone's doing it.

https://karibu.world/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/trump-giuliani.jpg

NYC Mayor & White House staff Ruby Giuliani, President Trump. :rose:

RJB
08-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Hey. You can't fool me. That's not a woman. That just like some dude in a wig and a dress.

https://media1.fdncms.com/sevendaysvt/imager/u/original/2989967/business2-3-ad8b3d3ebe9cd76d.jpg

AuH20
08-15-2018, 07:24 PM
And they freak out if you're America first, but this is apparently a badge of honor. Heaven help us.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2018, 07:26 PM

LOL - I still crack up at this.

AuH20
08-15-2018, 07:27 PM
I call bullshit on this!

"I love Vermont because we look beyond these surface issues," Hallquist said. "I just happen to be a leader who is transgender. Vermonters know that. They voted to support me because of what I am going to do for Vermont."

It was mass virtue signalling. It has nothing to do with what you can do for Vermont.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2018, 07:36 PM
I call bullshit on this!

It was mass virtue signalling. It has nothing to do with what you can do for Vermont.

Natch...I don't think anybody, if they are being honest with themselves, could possibly think otherwise.

"Ooo, look how progressive and hip and tolerant we are."

And he'll probably win in a landslide.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2018, 07:41 PM

Well, the TERFs are giving them a run for their money.

But yah, this battle is over.

Curious to see what new weirdosexual atrocity we will be told we must be "proud" of next...

Children?

Animals??

Fish???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXf8uTWVQAAz4mv.jpg

Anti Globalist
08-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Has Bernie Sanders come out and made an endorsement yet?

devil21
08-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Cheap election ploy. Dude is a cross-dresser, at most, not a transgender. Quite possibly neither and just took advantage of the stupids that vote based on shallow junk like this.

donnay
08-15-2018, 09:19 PM
That's no Sheila!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fgPX3NjyA

thoughtomator
08-15-2018, 09:22 PM

When Rudy did the drag thing it was in innocent fun to show goodwill to a significant constituency at the time he was Mayor. Rocky Horror was still a thing back in those days, so everyone took it in that spirit... I was there, I remember.

It wasn't his regular gig, and he certainly didn't play it straight and tell people he was actually a woman.

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2018, 09:26 PM
If this transgender person took all of the same positions as Ron Paul, we’d hold a money bomb for them.

Rumor has it that this person is as much of an idiot on the issues as Ocasio-Cortez.

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2018, 09:28 PM
I call bullshit on this!

Cheap election ploy. Dude is a cross-dresser, at most, not a transgender. Quite possibly neither and just took advantage of the stupids that vote based on shallow junk like this.

Vermont is so tolerant!

Swordsmyth
08-15-2018, 09:31 PM
If this transgender person took all of the same positions as Ron Paul, we’d hold a money bomb for them.

Rumor has it that this person is as much of an idiot on the issues as Ocasio-Cortez.

I am going to predict that you will never see a tranny with positions we would support, they are all insane and perverse.

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2018, 10:02 PM
I am going to predict that you will never see a tranny with positions we would support, they are all insane and perverse.

Too late. Have already seen it.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2018, 10:03 PM
Too late. Have already seen it.
Stranger things have happened.
Who is it?

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2018, 10:12 PM
Stranger things have happened.
Who is it?

Wasn’t a public person, but another local Ron Paul supporter. There also used to be an active member here that was transgender.

Aratus
08-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Natch...I don't think anybody, if they are being honest with themselves, could possibly think otherwise.

"Ooo, look how progressive and hip and tolerant we are."

And he'll probably win in a landslide.

AF has a point. The GOP guy could loose bigly.

kpitcher
08-15-2018, 11:35 PM
I'm actually rather surprised at the lack of acceptance here. We're free beings, a person should be able to do with their bodies as they wish as long as it doesn't harm others. Seems rather anti libertarian to be so hostile against gender identity issues.

This isn't normally an ethical or morality issue either. Want perverse? just look at the latest catholic church reveals. now there are examples of lack of morality.

fedupinmo
08-15-2018, 11:37 PM

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/vpr/files/styles/x_large/public/201802/christine_hallquist-provided.jpg

It's Prince Valium!

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Jim-J.-Bullock-Prince-Valium.jpg

fedupinmo
08-15-2018, 11:39 PM
I'm actually rather surprised at the lack of acceptance here. We're free beings, a person should be able to do with their bodies as they wish as long as it doesn't harm others. Seems rather anti libertarian to be so hostile against gender identity issues.

This isn't normally an ethical or morality issue either. Want perverse? just look at the latest catholic church reveals. now there are examples of lack of morality.

Forcing others to believe a male is a female despite evidence to the contrary HARMS OTHERS. He can dress like a woman all he wants... no skin off my ass. I still know he is a man, believe he is a man, and would treat him as a man.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2018, 11:42 PM
If they would keep the issue out of politics we would but they by and large can't wait to use government to shove themselves down our throats.

It most certainly is a morality issue and the hypocrisy and corruption of the catholic church is just as bad but that doesn't make the perverts normal or moral.

ThePaleoLibertarian
08-15-2018, 11:46 PM
A libertarian political order means bureaucratic sparsity, order through property and self-reliance. It does not mean opposition to healthy social norms. Indeed, traditional social norms are necessary for a libertarian order to exist in the first place. The deconstruction of tradition in the name of some perverse kind of tolerance harms libertarian aspirations.

Wooden Indian
08-15-2018, 11:59 PM

But it's not about their individual beliefs (or in this case delusions) when they become lawmakers is it? A bad church is not the law. My neighbor in panties is not the law.

A far left lunatic Govenor that wants to abuse our children by pumping them full of hormones and committing genital mutilation while putting me in jail for speaking out against the lunacy of it all... HE is the "law".

I hope that makes some sense to ya now.

asurfaholic
08-16-2018, 05:57 AM
Not to pile on the hate, but I think that my main attraction to Ron Paul was his integrity.

Transgenders, not talking about the people actually born with the chromosomes messed up, but those of a definite sex who try to deceive others into thinking that person is something other than thier actual sex is the opposite of having integrity.

Why should I be tolerant of someone who can’t even be tolerant of how they were born?

TheTexan
08-16-2018, 07:10 AM
Not to pile on the hate, but I think that my main attraction to Ron Paul was his integrity.

Transgenders, not talking about the people actually born with the chromosomes messed up, but those of a definite sex who try to deceive others into thinking that person is something other than thier actual sex is the opposite of having integrity.

Why should I be tolerant of someone who can’t even be tolerant of how they were born?

Indeed. He's a man wearing a dress.

Which means he's a liar.

And a man who will lie, is a man who will steal.

So he's probably also a thief.

Which means he's probably a criminal.

Maybe even a murderer.

Clearly your intolerance is justified.

TheTexan
08-16-2018, 07:14 AM

But he's engaging in behavior that I think is weird and/or inappropriate!

AuH20
08-16-2018, 09:08 AM

Read.

https://www.christineforvermont.com/issues/

On the Issues

Economy

Connect every home and business in Vermont with fiber optic cable utilizing proven rural cooperative models
Raise the minimum hourly wage to $15 while coupling this increase with providing increased employment to young people and growing our rural job market
Pass paid family and medical leave insurance so Vermonters don't have to choose between caring for family members and their job security
Invest in programs for displaced workers, focusing on job retraining for current and future job markets
Address the property tax issue and take responsibility for separating this from education funding - these two issues should not be pitted against each other

Health care

Work with like-minded states to lay the groundwork for a universal healthcare system - despite Vermont not having achieved this in years past, it must still be our goal
Work with Vermont’s congressional delegation and like-minded leaders of other states to fight any cuts to Medicare or Medicaid
Support current legislation, S.53, relating to access to universal primary care in Vermont, that has passed out of the Vermont State Senate
Protect all women's health initiatives and a women's right to choose.
Education

Work with teachers and local communities to address and improve education funding structures
Respect teachers, school boards, and students, and work proactively with the legislature and local communities to support our schools
Fight back threats to privatize our robust public education system
Invest in opportunities not only for tuition free public college, but trade schools that will train Vermont's future workers and entrepreneurs
Recognize link between early-childhood education and long term outcomes and invest strategically

Labor

Protect collective bargaining and worker rights
Stand up to the negative headwinds from Washington DC to ensure Vermont workers' rights remain strong
Recognize that unions are crucial to the balance of power and that good union relationships depend on good, collaborative, proactive, leadership

Environment

Follow the Solar Pathways Vermont plan for reaching a 90% renewable energy supply by 2050
Protect Vermont's natural environment and waterways with established goals - this is also an economic development issue
Address the realities of climate change through cost effective investment and with economic justice informed decision making
Create an integrated transportation authority to oversee the building of a modern state transportation system and encourage more economical and environmentally friendly mass transit options

Civil Rights

Address racial disparities in Vermont’s criminal justice system
Ensure Vermont communities are welcoming to all, including historically marginalized groups
Ensure safe schools where our children can learn, thrive, and never face a threat of gun violence

Transportation

Invest in transportation infrastructure that increases access to services and and education for rural Vermonters or those without access to personal transportation, and does not further long term dependence on fossil fuels

Campaign Finance

Address broken campaign finance system and work with existing state and local models to combat this issue
Research and implement local publicly funded elections, rather than solely offering public financing in statewide elections

Opiates

Continue to implement hub and spoke model of treatment, work with local community health organizations, the Attorney General and State's Attorney's offices, local law enforcement, and ensure that opiate crisis is always treated as a public health issue
Recognize that prevention and proactive treatment is not only fiscally responsible, but the moral imperative
Put existing research into action and investigate whether safe-injection sites could be made available in Vermont
Focus on social justice and harm reduction

Marijuana

Finish progress made on marijuana legalization by taxing and regulating
Recognize economic development opportunity and proven positive outcomes of a tax and regulate system

Government Accountability, Accessibility, & Inclusion

Hold monthly town halls in rotating counties across the state to receive feedback from Vermonters
In a weekly audio broadcast available to all Vermonters, Christine will explain what she did each week and will recap what is going on in Montpelier
Launch a digital platform for State Employees and citizens to share ideas on improving state government

kpitcher
08-16-2018, 09:59 AM

I agree with you on Ron Paul, he was a shining example of integrity.

While I can see your view on transgenders I'm more of a believer that the brain drives us sort of person. If a person is gay, fine, so be it. If they have gender identity issues, fine, so be it. Adult, consensual, have at it. Someone brought up children, that's another matter and I don't know anything about that but it's not the point.

I'm genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness. Is taking Rogaine or getting plugs showing intolerance? Or anyone with mental health issues taking drugs to alter brain chemistry? Sure I'm taking things to the extreme and there is a big difference between receeding hairlines and Klinger from M*A*S*H* being in charge of a state.

However based on the platform which someone posted, there are plenty of things to attack this person with other than their character or gender identity.

Anti Federalist
08-16-2018, 03:57 PM
African American Teenage Lobsters

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018/08/16/i-have-always-been-a-lobster/#comment-689123

By eric - August 16, 2018

Caityln Jenner, et al, insist they are “she” rather than “he” on account of how they feel inside – as opposed to what’s between their legs (or was) as bestowed by nature.

In other words, reality is fungible.

In other words, there is no such thing as objective reality.

We are what we feel and say we are – and others are duty bound to accept it. To embrace it. Bruce – um, Caitlyn – is not mentally ill. An eccentric. A latter-day Dr. Frank N. Furter.

She is who she is because she says so. And we are obligate to share her delusion. Er, assertion.

This raises a number of interesting questions. Is arithmetic also a matter of opinion, of feeling? Does 2 plus 2 equal 5 as much as it equals 4? If Bruce can insist that he is in fact a she – and if we are compelled to believe it – then why shouldn’t we also believe that 2 plus 2 equals 5?

This will have repercussions which transcend the cash register.

If Bruce can insist he – she – is Caitlyn and actually female and not a six-foot-two man in a dress then why can’t I insist – and others be compelled to accept on the same basis – that I am a crustacean? Specifically a lobster. I have known it since I was a shoft-shelled larvae but had to hide my true self from the cruel bipedalarchy and toxic mammalinity which has oppressed the crustacean minority lo these many years.

At last I feel free to “come out” as my true self. Do you see my claws? Are they not impressive?

It does not matter whether you see them. Or even whether they exist. I am not ill. Tetched in the head.

Just like Caitlyn’s lack of female chromosomes and natural bits and pieces are irrelevant – so we are told – to the question of male – or female – the fact that you can’t see my claws and exoskeleton and compound eyes is immaterial to my assertions that they exist.

You must believe – and accept.

Or else.

That part isn’t de jure – yet. But is de facto. To disbelieve in the femaleness of Caitlyn is to hate “her.” Which also implies a desire to harm her.

Or so the logic goes.

This “hating” – even if not accompanied by any action – will soon constitute an offense in law.

It is not enough to accept – as Libertarians do – that any of us is free (or ought to be free) to dress however we like, call ourselves whatever we like, even modify our bodies however we like. After all, they are ours.

The issue isn’t the freedom to be a weirdo.

The demand is that others accept the non-objective; that they deny reality and pretend that 2 plus 2 does equal 5 when it is asserted that it does.”

To disbelieve it is a failure to “embrace diversity.”

In fact, it is to embrace insanity.

At gunpoint, if necessary. As will probably be necessary. As has already become necessary in several countries in Western Europe and Canada where it is a officially punishable “hate” to deny that he is in fact a she.

Back to my lobster musings.

I insist upon equal treatment for my special needs – for example, a brine tank made available to me and those like me (there will be more) at every “public” place.

Why not?

If Bruce – whoops, Caitlyn – can use the cudgel of the law to force the owner of a restaurant or bar or other such “public” place to allow her to use the women’s room then I see no reason why I ought not to be similarly accommodated.

They – and you – must accept my exoskeleton.

Unless, of course, the place is racist toward my species.

The rights of many other oppressed peoples – and things – have been under duress for generations by unfair social convention and insistence upon the existence of a one-size-fits-all tool of oppression called “objective reality” by those who use this construct to maintain their cruel hierarchy of privilege.

And by the way, I am also an African American lobster.

You may not be able to see my lovely ebony hue, but it exists in my mind (per Rachel Dolezal) and therefore – it exists. As real as Caitlyn’s homogametic XX chromosomes and forget what used to be between his (oops, sorry… her) legs..

What matters is her perception of herself – her feelings about who she really is. Not what she actually is.

Do not be a hater.

Hundreds of years of maltreatment must be redressed. Think of the boiling pot, the horrific spectacle of all my brothers through the ages, yanked from their kith and kin, caged and bound for the Dark Passage leading, ultimately to someone’s dinner plate.

To be chosen from a menu. To be put on display, in a tank. Our screams unheard, our pain ignored. . . I am thinking reparations are due. Some sort of compensation for our grievances, which are many and just.

I am also a teenage African American lobster – and I much prefer the company of teenage females, both crustacean and mammalian. I am not a bigot, after all. And neither should you be. Laws forbidding me to date my peers – to attend the junior high prom with my chosen date – are as vile as miscegenation statutes. We don’t beat up African Americans for dating white girls anymore and surely no mature, evolved person will object to lobsters dating outside their race – and age group.

All these outdated and mean-spirited notions rigidly defining who we are according to someone else’s or “society’s” perception of who are as defined by that ossified construct called objective reality must be done away.

Bruce – I mean Caitlyn – is showing us the way, like Harriet Tubman and Dr. King.

We Shall Overcome!

Anti Federalist
08-16-2018, 04:03 PM
I'm genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness. Is taking Rogaine or getting plugs showing intolerance? Or anyone with mental health issues taking drugs to alter brain chemistry? Sure I'm taking things to the extreme and there is a big difference between receeding hairlines and Klinger from M*A*S*H* being in charge of a state.

No, of course not.

Calling my full head of hair "follicle privilege" and demanding I shave my head to conform to yours...

Deliberately setting laws, rules edicts and fatwas in opposition to me because of "follicle privilege"...

Suggesting I and my family be dispossessed and possibly exterminated because of my "follicle privilege"...

Wanting to tear down the last vestiges of freedom and liberty and free markets left because of my "follicle privilege"...

ProBlue33
08-16-2018, 06:00 PM
Liberty ends where crazy starts. I know Ron Paul says we have to put up with crazy stuff, but I think everybody has a certain line.....and for me this crosses it.

Zippyjuan
08-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Liberty ends where crazy starts. I know Ron Paul says we have to put up with crazy stuff, but I think everybody has a certain line.....and for me this crosses it.

Liberty should be for everybody. Otherwise it is a privilege for an elite group.

oyarde
08-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Liberty should be for everybody. Otherwise it is a privilege for an elite group.

Those vermont dems will be a shining example of liberty for us I am sure .

Zippyjuan
08-16-2018, 09:29 PM
Those vermont dems will be a shining example of liberty for us I am sure .

As long as they aren't forcing you to be like them (or you forcing them to be like you) things should be fine. That is liberty.

Swordsmyth
08-16-2018, 09:32 PM
As long as they aren't forcing you to be like them (or you forcing them to be like you) things should be fine. That is liberty.

The problem is that they want to force us to be like them along with all their other liberty destroying ideas.

Zippyjuan
08-16-2018, 09:34 PM
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oklahoma/articles/2018-04-23/oklahoma-transgender-student-elected-in-libertarian-party

Oklahoma Transgender Student Elected in Libertarian Party

ORMAN, Okla. (AP) — University of Oklahoma student Traci Baker is only 20 years old, but she was recently elected as state secretary of the Libertarian Party.

Baker's youth is remarkable on its own, but she's also the first transgender official of any party in state history, as well as the first transgender executive of a state party in the U.S.

Baker grew up in Edmond and was interested in politics early on.

"I was inspired by the Ron Paul campaign in 2012, and that's what got me into Libertarianism," she said. "I was in high school when I did debate, and then I was in Youth in Government in the YMCA program. That's also when I started doing my first campaign."

Baker graduated from Edmond Memorial High School in 2016 and moved to Norman to attend OU.

More at link.

Anti Federalist
08-16-2018, 09:38 PM

I don't think anybody is questioning that.

I have the liberty to call these people nuts, and should have the liberty not to have anything to do with them.

That is not the case.

And that is what the problem is.

oyarde
08-16-2018, 09:39 PM

Pretty sure they have no liberty in the plans , just the usual crap of forcing others to pay for what ridiculousness they wish , been the 100 yr plan for that dead and useless horse.

Swordsmyth
08-16-2018, 09:41 PM
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oklahoma/articles/2018-04-23/oklahoma-transgender-student-elected-in-libertarian-party

More at link.
And?

One exception means nothing.

Anti Federalist
08-16-2018, 09:43 PM

Well, it does deflate your idea that globalist population control schemes are a "conspiracy theory".

parocks
08-16-2018, 10:16 PM

There easily could be. Has the US Government tried just saying "Sex Change? No Such Thing."

You can change your name. You can wear any clothes you want. But you can't change your sex. If you have the chromosomes of a male, you're a male.

The Fed Gov can't make that clear? Can't pass the "Enough of the Freakshow Act of 2018"?

asurfaholic
08-17-2018, 10:42 AM
That man who was growing boobs wearing a thin white shirt and wig and other female items walking around the store in myrtle beach where I was also walking my 3 young daughters wasn’t trying to force me to be like him.

But he planted some very sick images in my children’s eyes that I have had to work to undo and have conversations that we just shouldn’t be having with 6 year olds and 3 year olds.

No it’s not about freedom. That’s a mental illness and he is sexually harassing every young child and man and woman that is forced to see him.

dannno
08-17-2018, 11:18 AM

Their entire political platform is based on force..

And being trans is ultimately based on deceit.

RJB
08-18-2018, 06:42 PM

You would be surprised. I know for a fact that there is even someone who is a very outspoken member of the hb community on this forum. I forgot the member's name. Danke might know who I am talking about.