PDA

View Full Version : Raimondo: Rand Paul Stands Up for Peace

jct74
08-13-2018, 04:14 AM
Rand Paul Stands Up for Peace
While the War Party fumes

by Justin Raimondo
August 13, 2018

Libertarians are largely lost in the wilderness of the present era: wandering without a compass, either moral or ideological, and without a clue as to how to get home, never mind reach their ultimate goal of “freedom in our time.” Yes, that was the old slogan that we libertarians started out with: an optimistic battle-cry that, today, seems unrealistic, at best. But is it? And if it isn’t, who can show us the way forward?

My answer is simple: look at what Sen. Rand Paul is doing, and take a lesson. Instead of weeping and wailing about the loss of a “libertarian moment” that never really happened, Sen. Paul is making a difference. As Politico reports:

“Rand Paul has the ear, and the affection, of the most important person in the White House: President Donald Trump.

“Once bitter rivals on the Republican campaign trail, the Kentucky senator and the commander-in-chief have bonded over a shared delight in thumbing their noses at experts the president likes to deride as ‘foreign policy eggheads,’ including those who work in his own administration.”

As the President launches peace initiatives from the Korean peninsula to the steppes of Russia, the virtue-signalers among us pretend that none of that is happening and obsessively descry the decision to exit the Iran deal. Yet where has all their moaning and groaning gotten them? Sen. Paul is single-handedly doing more for peace than any of these bloviating nonentities could dream of.

read more:
https://original.antiwar.com/justin/2018/08/12/rand-paul-stands-up-for-peace/

phill4paul
08-13-2018, 05:37 AM
So Justin Raimondo likes him now? Now that Rand isn't running for president? Doesn't consider him pro-war? A fraud, failure and liar?

specsaregood
08-13-2018, 06:31 AM
So Justin Raimondo likes him now? Now that Rand isn't running for president? Doesn't consider him pro-war? A fraud, failure and liar?

Yes, he claims Randal is on the same page as him now.

phill4paul
08-13-2018, 06:40 AM
Yes, he claims Randal is on the same page as him now.

Good to see. I myself got pretty bent out of shape over the whole Iran letter crap so I understood where he was coming from. Just not quite as vehemently.