PDA

View Full Version : Government threats against Facebook is the real issue

Madison320
08-11-2018, 08:48 AM
I'm not a big Alex Jones fan so when I first saw the thread that said Infowars was getting banned I thought it was Fake News. But then I saw the video of congress specifically threatening Facebook and I realized I was wrong.

30 second mark: "Why is Infowars still on your website."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2vVc4abqKI

As far as I can tell I'm about the only one here that thinks government threats against Facebook is by far the main issue. Most everyone here seems to be more concerned with whether Facebook is too liberal, or that private companies can do whatever they want (normally I'd agree, but they were threatened by government).

And don't forget Ron Paul just got "de-platformed" as well.

oyarde
08-11-2018, 09:21 AM
I oppose govt action against them .Of course I have no vested interest as I am not nor have been or will be a user .Keep in mind anyone removing Dr Paul is most likely an enemy of the people and has evil intent against the people .:pray:

timosman
08-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Government has a history of messing with private enterprises. In the past, public corporations would always tout their obligation, primarily to the shareholders, to preserve and grow the value of their shares. Now it is diversity and social justice out of sudden. :confused:

oyarde
08-11-2018, 09:27 AM
The govt should be busy with the real service and business of the people cutting regulation ,spending , ending foreign aid and american fed tax funded welfare programs etc

oyarde
08-11-2018, 09:29 AM
The real question people should ask is if the govt is not doing its real job and serving the taxpayers with fiscal responsibility and preserving liberty should it be removed ? Do your two senators represent your state ?

Madison320
08-11-2018, 02:09 PM
I oppose govt action against them .Of course I have no vested interest as I am not nor have been or will be a user .Keep in mind anyone removing Dr Paul is most likely an enemy of the people and has evil intent against the people .:pray:

You oppose what govt action against whom?

I think the crime in this case was when congress called Facebook in to testify. I'm assuming they were subpoenaed which carries a jail sentence if you don't show. And then congress threatened Facebook to remove certain sites. That's the crime. Everything else is secondary to that in my opinion.

If you get forcibly called in the congress and threatened why you haven't done something, you're probably going to do it.

oyarde
08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
You oppose what govt action against whom?

I think the crime in this case was when congress called Facebook in to testify. I'm assuming they were subpoenaed which carries a jail sentence if you don't show. And then congress threatened Facebook to remove certain sites. That's the crime. Everything else is secondary to that in my opinion.

If you get forcibly called in the congress and threatened why you haven't done something, you're probably going to do it.

I oppose govt action against media companies

Swordsmyth
08-11-2018, 05:22 PM
I'm not a big Alex Jones fan so when I first saw the thread that said Infowars was getting banned I thought it was Fake News. But then I saw the video of congress specifically threatening Facebook and I realized I was wrong.

30 second mark: "Why is Infowars still on your website."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2vVc4abqKI

As far as I can tell I'm about the only one here that thinks government threats against Facebook is by far the main issue. Most everyone here seems to be more concerned with whether Facebook is too liberal, or that private companies can do whatever they want (normally I'd agree, but they were threatened by government).

And don't forget Ron Paul just got "de-platformed" as well.

Both issues concern me, MugBook's own bias would be a cultural problem that should be discussed and reacted to privately even if it wasn't a government sock-puppet.