PDA

View Full Version : Oregon County Set to Become Second Amendment Sanctuary

Swordsmyth
08-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Josephine County, Oregon, is set to become a sanctuary for those who value the right to keep and bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment.

An ordinance introduced by County Commissioner Simon Hare and passed unanimously by his colleagues prohibits the use of county funds or personnel for the enforcement of federal firearm regulations.

Specifically, the Josephine County Firearms Ordinance forbids any county resources from being spent “for the purpose of investigating, detecting, apprehending, or incarcerating persons whose only violation of law is that they carry, manufacture, import, possess, purchase, sell or transfer firearms or firearm related items.”

In an extraordinary move, the measure blocks enforcement not only of current federal gun laws and other restrictions, but similar attempts made in the future. State regulations and restrictions on the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms would be voided.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/29750-oregon-county-set-to-become-second-amendment-sanctuary

oyarde
08-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Every County Sheriff should be doing this .

Anti Federalist
08-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Good!!!

brushfire
08-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Man... Jealous.

Pot, aliens, guns - why should anyone have to listen to the feds at this point?

Origanalist
08-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Wow. You will notice they're nowhere near Portland. This demonstrates clearly that the continued and accelerated erosion of our rights comes from urban centers, shoving it down the rest of the country's throats. I hope to hell this sets an example and gains legs. Best news I've heard in a while.

oyarde
08-09-2018, 08:05 PM
I would give this five stars if I could .