PDA

View Full Version : FDA Acquiring ‘Fresh’ Aborted Baby Parts to Make ‘Humanized Mice’

Swordsmyth
08-08-2018, 07:40 PM
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration signed a new contract on July 25 to acquire “fresh” human fetal tissue to transplant into “humanized mice” so that these mice will have a functioning “human immune system,” according to information published by the FDA (https://cdn.cnsnews.com/attachments/pre-solicitation_notice-fda-06-13-2018.pdf) and the General Services Administration (https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/search.do?q=advanced+bioscience+resources+VENDOR_D UNS_NUMBER%3A%22786845982%22&s=FPDSNG.COM&templateName=1.4.4&indexName=awardfull&sortBy=SIGNED_DATE&desc=Y). “The objective is to acquire Tissue for Humanized Mice,” said a June 13 FDA “presolicitation notice” for the contract.
The contractor, the notice said, would “provide the human fetal tissue needed to continue the ongoing research being led by FDA.
“Fresh human tissues are required,” said the notice, “for implantation into severely immune-compromised mice to create chimeric animals that have a human immune system.”
According to GSA’s federal contract database (https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/search.do?q=advanced+bioscience+resources+VENDOR_D UNS_NUMBER%3A%22786845982%22&s=FPDSNG.COM&templateName=1.4.4&indexName=awardfull&sortBy=SIGNED_DATE&desc=Y), Advanced Bioscience Resources (ABR), a non-profit organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area, was awarded this $15,900 contract, which will run through July 25, 2019.
“Fetal tissue used in research is obtained from elective abortions,” says the Congressional Research Service (https://cdn.cnsnews.com/attachments/fetal_tissue_research-frequently_asked_questions-crs-07-31-2015.pdf).
In 2016, Harvard University provided the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives with a background paper explaining that mice with human immune systems “are engineered to this condition only by means of the use of human fetal material” and that this material can only come from aborted babies not from miscarriages. (See the Harvard backgrounder by clicking here (https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/harvard-background-paper-fetal-tissue-research).)
Thus, by issuing a contract to acquire human fetal tissue to use in making mice with human immune systems, the FDA is using federal tax dollars to create a demand for human body parts that must be taken from babies who are aborted.
Because it would not be able to create its “humanized mice” without fresh tissue taken from aborted babies, the FDA also has an interest in the continuation of legalized abortions at a stage in fetal development when the tissue needed to create these mice can be retrieved from the aborted baby.

More at: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/fda-acquiring-fresh-aborted-baby-parts-make-mice-human-immune-systems

RonZeplin
08-08-2018, 08:44 PM
D&R party legislation signed onto by President Trump. :anti:

Swordsmyth
08-08-2018, 08:54 PM
D&R party legislation signed onto by President Trump. :anti:
Source for a Trump connection?

RonZeplin
08-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Source for a Trump connection?

Read the article that you posted, it explains the history quite well including 2017 & 2018 budget appropriations including Trump signing onto purchasing fresh dead babies, and NOT vetoing the legislature / appropriations. That's in addition to the other funds, for Planned Parenthood to kill the babies in the first place.

"Tissue procurement" = murder:flashinglight:

https://********************************/2018/02/180208-trump-signs-bill.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Trump signs sweeping two-year budget deal (https://nypost.com/2018/02/09/trump-signs-sweeping-two-year-budget-deal/)

Swordsmyth
08-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Read the article that you posted, it explains the history quite well including 2017 & 2018 budget appropriations including Trump signing onto purchasing fresh dead babies, and NOT vetoing the legislature / appropriations. That's in addition to the other funds, for Planned Parenthood to kill the babies in the first place.

"Tissue procurement" = murder:flashinglight:

https://********************************/2018/02/180208-trump-signs-bill.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Trump signs sweeping two-year budget deal (https://nypost.com/2018/02/09/trump-signs-sweeping-two-year-budget-deal/)

Okay, I have spoken out against his signing the budget at the time but it is different than signing a specific issue bill.

Grandmastersexsay
08-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Good.

I'm not pro choice, but I don't get emotionally invested in the issue. You shouldn't either. This is an issue that is designed to be emotionally driven and to pit one side against the other. Divide and conquer. It's easy for a Republican to run as pro life. He doesn't have to accomplish anything. What has changed in the last half century in abortion legislation? Hardly anything.

Now if science can advance, if we can do even the smallest thing to battle disease, or just increase FDA approval times for a drug by using aborted fetus tissue, than good. As far as this creating a demand for dead fetuses. GTF out of here with that nonsense.

juleswin
08-09-2018, 06:19 AM
Humanized mice? Trying to replicate the human immune system in mice is now called humanize mice. People do not understand that fetal tissue can be obtain not just from abortions. But they come up with a ridiculous headline like this to scare people.

Swordsmyth
08-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Good.

I'm not pro choice, but I don't get emotionally invested in the issue. You shouldn't either. This is an issue that is designed to be emotionally driven and to pit one side against the other. Divide and conquer. It's easy for a Republican to run as pro life. He doesn't have to accomplish anything. What has changed in the last half century in abortion legislation? Hardly anything.

Now if science can advance, if we can do even the smallest thing to battle disease, or just increase FDA approval times for a drug by using aborted fetus tissue, than good. As far as this creating a demand for dead fetuses. GTF out of here with that nonsense.

This is evil.

Swordsmyth
08-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Humanized mice? Trying to replicate the human immune system in mice is now called humanize mice. People do not understand that fetal tissue can be obtain not just from abortions. But they come up with a ridiculous headline like this to scare people.

If you read the article you would know that abortions are required for the kind of tissue they need.

juleswin
08-09-2018, 01:20 PM
If you read the article you would know that abortions are required for the kind of tissue they need.

My claim is that the person who wrote "that this material can only come from aborted babies not from miscarriages" does not know what he/she is talking about. They are trying to scare you. I cannot believe that there is a fetal tissue that can only be obtained from abortions and not miscarriages. I would put good money to say that such tissue does not exist.

The author is trying to scare the christian fundamentalist audience, don't fall for it

Grandmastersexsay
08-09-2018, 02:22 PM
This is evil.

Which, my statement that you are being manipulated by the left/right paradigm or my statement that using fetal tissues from aborted fetuses, that would otherwise be discarded as medical waste, should be used to advance the testing of potentially life saving drugs?

Swordsmyth
08-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Which, my statement that you are being manipulated by the left/right paradigm or my statement that using fetal tissues from aborted fetuses, that would otherwise be discarded as medical waste, should be used to advance the testing of potentially life saving drugs?

The second statement, abortion needs to end, integrating its byproducts into the medical system will create a new lobby to keep it around.

Swordsmyth
08-09-2018, 02:27 PM
My claim is that the person who wrote "that this material can only come from aborted babies not from miscarriages" does not know what he/she is talking about. They are trying to scare you. I cannot believe that there is a fetal tissue that can only be obtained from abortions and not miscarriages. I would put good money to say that such tissue does not exist.

The author is trying to scare the christian fundamentalist audience, don't fall for it

Pardon me but you have no idea what you are talking about:

“If human fetal tissue is needed, why can it not be obtained from miscarriages instead of abortion? Here, timing is very important. Almost all miscarriages happen at home or in locations in which fetal material is not recovered and, importantly, preserved in a usable state. Just as obtaining tissue during a scheduled surgery or an in-hospital autopsy soon after death provides tissue that is untainted by decay relative to obtaining those same tissues from the morgue or a funeral home, obtaining fetal material from elective pregnancy termination is far superior to obtaining whatever material might be recoverable following spontaneous miscarriage, even assuming a mechanism existed for the collection of such material.”

More at: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/harvard-background-paper-fetal-tissue-research

Grandmastersexsay
08-09-2018, 02:46 PM
The second statement, abortion needs to end, integrating its byproducts into the medical system will create a new lobby to keep it around.

Untill there is an amendment to the constitution, it's a state right as far as I'm concerned.

And to say abortion simply needs to end is childish. There are plenty of cases where it is necessary to save the mother's life while the child will die anyway.

While you might think it's an important issue, you chase away a lot of liberty minded people with your moral agenda. People like you are why the Republicans only differ from the Democrats on issues like abortion and gay marriage. How fortunate for both parties that they agree on the important stuff like militarization, spending, taxation, and social welfare.

oyarde
08-09-2018, 02:48 PM
I am confused . What are they doing with the Frankenmice they make from the aborted babies ?

Swordsmyth
08-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Untill there is an amendment to the constitution, it's a state right as far as I'm concerned.

And to say abortion simply needs to end is childish. There are plenty of cases where it is necessary to save the mother's life while the child will die anyway.

While you might think it's an important issue, you chase away a lot of liberty minded people with your moral agenda. People like you are why the Republicans only differ from the Democrats on issues like abortion and gay marriage. How fortunate for both parties that they agree on the important stuff like militarization, spending, taxation, and social welfare.
Evil is evil, any of the very few possible exceptions to the rule that abortion is murder can be dealt with as exceptions in the law, anyone who supports the murder of babies is a liability to the movement in the long run, libertarians are already accused of having no heart because we want to end welfare, we don't need to give our enemies more ammunition by supporting infanticide.

If you or anyone else disagrees with me you are free to state your opinions and arguments just as I am, if anyone is so thin skinned that they are chased away by me defending the right to life we don't want them anyway.

juleswin
08-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Pardon me but you have no idea what you are talking about:

“If human fetal tissue is needed, why can it not be obtained from miscarriages instead of abortion? Here, timing is very important. Almost all miscarriages happen at home or in locations in which fetal material is not recovered and, importantly, preserved in a usable state. Just as obtaining tissue during a scheduled surgery or an in-hospital autopsy soon after death provides tissue that is untainted by decay relative to obtaining those same tissues from the morgue or a funeral home, obtaining fetal material from elective pregnancy termination is far superior to obtaining whatever material might be recoverable following spontaneous miscarriage, even assuming a mechanism existed for the collection of such material.”

More at: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/harvard-background-paper-fetal-tissue-research

According to the link in the post, your version of the story is actually right. I personally think it is strange that they are looking exclusively for elective abortion samples when the tissue they need can be obtain samples from other sources(minus the convenience) . As it stands, you are right and I am wrong. I am still a little bothered that all the links for the story, pdf of the documents I can find all source to the cns website but until I can debunk it, you win :)

Like I say all the time, nobody lies all the time. This could be legit

Anti Federalist
08-09-2018, 08:11 PM
This is revolting, evil and unconscionable.

TheCount
08-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Sounds legit.

Swordsmyth
08-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Sounds legit.

It is legit and your pathetic attempt to cast doubt on it merely exposes your support for the murder of babies.

Grandmastersexsay
08-10-2018, 07:04 AM
It is legit and your pathetic attempt to cast doubt on it merely exposes your support for the murder of babies.

The babies had already been murdered. You can use the organs of murder victims for transplants without condoning murder.

Swordsmyth
08-10-2018, 11:47 AM
The babies had already been murdered. You can use the organs of murder victims for transplants without condoning murder.
Except that if you don't punish the murderers and pay them for the "tissue" you are condoning it, you are also creating another group that will lobby to keep allowing the murders.