PDA

View Full Version : People of Britain

Benny Blanco
12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
You will not be surprised to hear that the BBC has let us down. That's because the BBC always lets us down! Joking aside; take a close look at this page on the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5006788.stm

Each candidate has both a mini-profile, and a full profile. Ron Paul does not even have a profile -- just a picture and brief description at the bottom of the page. He doesn't even have an anchor link on the page -- just a general 'other candidates' link.

Although the BBC rarely puts into practice their 'we listen to licence payers' rhetoric... I don't think it's completely infutile to e-mail, write letters and so-forth to try and get them to at least create a mini-profile on Dr. Paul, now that he is becoming more widely known.

Also, while you're at it, type Ron Paul into the BBC search engine. See how many (few) articles there are on him! I think, if nothing else, at least one article should be written on the amazing grassroots efforts made by freedom loving Americans.

From a concerned and encouraged English Ron Paul fan.

davidkachel
12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
You will not be surprised to hear that the BBC has let us down. That's because the BBC always lets us down! Joking aside; take a close look at this page on the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5006788.stm

Each candidate has both a mini-profile, and a full profile. Ron Paul does not even have a profile -- just a picture and brief description at the bottom of the page. He doesn't even have an anchor link on the page -- just a general 'other candidates' link.

Although the BBC rarely puts into practice their 'we listen to licence payers' rhetoric... I don't think it's completely infutile to e-mail, write letters and so-forth to try and get them to at least create a mini-profile on Dr. Paul, now that he is becoming more widely known.

Also, while you're at it, type Ron Paul into the BBC search engine. See how many (few) articles there are on him! I think, if nothing else, at least one article should be written on the amazing grassroots efforts made by freedom loving Americans.

From a concerned and encouraged English Ron Paul fan.

Wait until after the 16th and then politely ask them why they are being such ignorant idiots with regard to a candidate who has made history twice in a little over a month.

Fabio
12-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Here`s a great article on Ron Paul in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/12/wuspols212.xml

noztnac
12-13-2007, 03:59 AM
The BBC is total garbage. Even worse than the worst of the US networks.

I know because I live in South Korea and have access to both. The BBC you guys get in the states is NOT the BBC I get here. Here it is all America bashing and yet when their cops shot a Brazilian in broad daylight the BBC made all kinds of excuses for their government.

F*&% the BBC.

idiom
12-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Ron Paul on HardTalk would be a sight to see. Not too many politicians survive that show.

Mattsa
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
The BBC is total garbage. Even worse than the worst of the US networks.

I know because I live in South Korea and have access to both. The BBC you guys get in the states is NOT the BBC I get here. Here it is all America bashing and yet when their cops shot a Brazilian in broad daylight the BBC made all kinds of excuses for their government.

F*&% the BBC.

The BBC is absolutely institutionally biased. It's disgraceful that it's paid for with the license fee that cannot be escaped. Refuse to pay it and the state gestapo will be on your doorstep demanding entry into your property.

I NEVER watch BBC television anymore...On principle. I listen to the news programmes on Radio 4 which can still be OK to listen to.

Also, the level of political debate on programmes like Question Time and Any Questions is shockingly poor. There is simply NO DEBATE about real issues. When was the last time monetary policy was discussed on a BBC current affairs programme in any depth? Not for 10 years at least. It all smoke and mirrors and flannel. They are more likely to discuss Prince Harry and Chelsy Davey than anything real. Meanwhile, Gordon Stalin Brown has signed the European Treaty without the promised referendum. High Treason! What did the British people do in defence of their sovereignty? Watched Eastenders on TV, spunked some more money on their credit card? Went down the pub and drunk a gallon of Stella with a few cigarette breaks in between, taken outside in the cold cos the Stalinists who run the UK wont even let you smoke in a bar anymore.

If Americans want to see what their country will be like if Ron Paul doesn't become their next president, then look no further than the UK, now a hollow, bankrupt husk of a nation, populated by crooked bureaucrats, state employees with gold plated pensions and 5 weeks paid holiday a year, illegal aliens and millions of benefit scroungers who live off the productive output of the minority of people who still crawl out of their bed every morning to do a real days work

I fucking hate my country. It is UTTER FUCKING SHITE.

It's pretty galling to become so disillusioned with your own homeland but that's how I feel about living here now and I urge every American to prevent it happening to their country.

qednick
12-15-2007, 02:11 PM
The BBC is absolutely institutionally biased. It's disgraceful that it's paid for with the license fee that cannot be escaped. Refuse to pay it and the state gestapo will be on your doorstep demanding entry into your property.

I NEVER watch BBC television anymore...On principle. I listen to the news programmes on Radio 4 which can still be OK to listen to.

Also, the level of political debate on programmes like Question Time and Any Questions is shockingly poor. There is simply NO DEBATE about real issues. When was the last time monetary policy was discussed on a BBC current affairs programme in any depth? Not for 10 years at least. It all smoke and mirrors and flannel. They are more likely to discuss Prince Harry and Chelsy Davey than anything real. Meanwhile, Gordon Stalin Brown has signed the European Treaty without the promised referendum. High Treason! What did the British people do in defence of their sovereignty? Watched Eastenders on TV, spunked some more money on their credit card? Went down the pub and drunk a gallon of Stella with a few cigarette breaks in between, taken outside in the cold cos the Stalinists who run the UK wont even let you smoke in a bar anymore.

If Americans want to see what their country will be like if Ron Paul doesn't become their next president, then look no further than the UK, now a hollow, bankrupt husk of a nation, populated by crooked bureaucrats, state employees with gold plated pensions and 5 weeks paid holiday a year, illegal aliens and millions of benefit scroungers who live off the productive output of the minority of people who still crawl out of their bed every morning to do a real days work

I fucking hate my country. It is UTTER FUCKING SHITE.

It's pretty galling to become so disillusioned with your own homeland but that's how I feel about living here now and I urge every American to prevent it happening to their country.

I second that Mattsa! I see the exact same things happening here in the US as they did in the UK a few years ago.

Sola
12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
yep, thats one of the reasons I left the UK; couldn't stand it any more.....so now I fight to ensure the US of A doesn't go down the same path.

surf
12-15-2007, 02:50 PM
i've been checking BBC out for months. i watch BBC America news every day - and boy is Gordon Brown a treat :) i post on the 606 soccer board as RonPaulFan.

i've asked for them to cover Ron - nothing. i'd love to see a story on Ron and the revolution broadcast on BBC news... but they suck.

Mattsa
12-15-2007, 02:56 PM
yep, thats one of the reasons I left the UK; couldn't stand it any more.....so now I fight to ensure the US of A doesn't go down the same path.

I'm planning a move out to America too

My girlfriend is American and I'm gonna propose!!!!

I'm hoping to make a move out to Oregon an the next couple years.

I'd rather die fighting to remain free than spend the rest of my life as a slave in the European superstate.

The UK is finished. All that is required now is for Tony Bliar and Stalin Brown's debt fuelled Ponzi economy to collapse and the UK will slide into chasm that it will never recover from.

Things aren't looking good at all for the US economy, but at least the American people will put up a fight and defend the things that made America great. The British sold out. They prefer to watch Eastenders, drink Stella and watch 200 channels of shite on Murdoch's death box. Too bad for them. I'm not gonna be part of it any longer

Mattsa
12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
i've been checking BBC out for months. i watch BBC America news every day - and boy is Gordon Brown a treat :) i post on the 606 soccer board as RonPaulFan.

i've asked for them to cover Ron - nothing. i'd love to see a story on Ron and the revolution broadcast on BBC news... but they suck.

I have no doubt that some governemnet edict will have been passed which will prevent Ron Paul getting any attention on the BBC, (The British Brainwashing Corporation). Only good positive spin is allowed on the BBC. It's more akin to the Soviet Pravda newspaper that printed stories about how successful tractor production has been ignoring the slight inconvenience that none of the engines work.

The only British newspaper that will cover Ron Paul is the Daily Telegraph. They printed a good story about him last week (posted on the forum)

Sola
12-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Sweet...Oregon is a very nice State was thinking of moving there from the mid-west at some point. I miss hills and mountains, corn country is so......flat :)

Mattsa
12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
The only British newspaper that will cover Ron Paul is the Daily Telegraph. They printed a good story about him last week (posted on the forum)

Lots of Ron Paul support in the off topic area of the Housepricecrash forum

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=15

This is probably the best UK based internet forum that discusses monetary policy, NuLabour debt slavery and the Ponzi economic system we live under in the UK.

There is some strong Ron Paul support on this forum