PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 20/20 not being Aired. Feedback Here

Mani
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Here's the feeback section of the ABC News site for 20/20. John Stossel's interview with Ron Paul is NOT being aired on TV.

Let's make a polite suggestion to the folks at 20/20 to please put this interview on the air.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

SonicInfinity
12-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Why wasn't it aired?

Paulitician
12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Why wasn't it aired?
Because they don't want any more people to find out about Ron Paul.

Mani
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Why wasn't it aired?

They gave the worst excuse ever! Something like, since he's an internet phenom we've got him an internet exclusive...

It's on their website, but not going on the air.

I didn't mention that lame excuse, I saw it from a digg page, and a couple links later I saw the quote.

I just mentioned I wanted to know when it's going to be aired.

jake
12-12-2007, 05:44 PM
bump. send them 1000's of emails!

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Very polite request sent. :p

DahuiHeeNalu
12-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Submission Confirmation

This message confirms that we have received your submission. Thank you for your interest in ABCNews.com.

Jesubub
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Here's the message I sent:

"I enjoyed John Stossel's recent interview of Congressman Ron Paul. It would be a great public service to air the segment on national TV in addition to the internet format, especially when considering the timing relative to upcoming primaries. The main reason Dr. Paul is boxed into the internet-only classification is because of mainstream media decisions to keep him in that box. Having raised $11.4M so far in Q4 proves he has ground support and should merit more focus. Thanks for considering."

xerxesdarius
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Sent polite request to reconsider.

sirachman
12-12-2007, 07:33 PM
haha i sent a funny comment (yes part is untruthful since i really like paul)

"I would like to request that you air the 20/20 interview of Congressman Ron Paul. I disagree with many of his positions but I believe his stark differences when compared to the other cantidates in the Republican race would make for a great contrast next to his rivals. Frankly it would be great television, and as my granny said "that man is one funny whack". The lady even told her entire nursing home to watch based on what she perceives as comedy from his appearances.
Thanks, Adam."

Qiu
12-12-2007, 07:38 PM
While I liked the interviews and hope Ron all the luck, I can see why ABC wouldn't want to air it. First of all, the 6 segments last about what? Half an hour? Anyone who has seen 20/20 knows that there is NEVER that much time spent on a single continuous interview. I've never seen a network news show that used a half hour for a one on one interview- they are probably afraid it would turn off people with short attention spans.

dircha
12-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Because they know they would receive a lot of criticism for airing an interview with Ron Paul by Stossel, who no doubt supports him.

Not that this has ever stopped CNN from interviewing a Clinton or Faux from interview Giuliani...