PDA

View Full Version : Trump insults NBA star Lebron James

Zippyjuan
08-04-2018, 01:34 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45070210
Demonstrating how presidential he can be and showing how easy it is for somebody to get under his skin.

US President Donald Trump has taunted US basketball player Lebron James and suggested that he prefers Michael Jordan.

It came after the LA Lakers star accused Mr Trump of being divisive in a CNN interview.

The president responded on Twitter by saying: "Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon.

"He made Lebron look smart, which isn't easy to do."

The president implied that he preferred basketball star Michael Jordan, perhaps a reference to the debate over whether Jordan or James were the better player.

In his interview with Don Lemon, James said that sport had offered him the opportunity to meet people of different backgrounds and race, adding: "Sports has never been something that divides people. It's always been something that brings someone together.

"He [Mr Trump] is dividing us and what I noticed over the last few months that he's kinda used sport to divide us and that's something I can't relate to, because I know that sport was the first time I was ever around someone white."

Mr Trump has taken a harsh stance on the ongoing debate over players in the National Football League (NFL) who refuse to stand for the national anthem in protest against racial injustice and police brutality.

He has repeatedly said that anyone who kneels during the anthem should be fired.

During the interview, James also discussed a new school he has opened for underprivileged children in his home town in Ohio, which offers free meals and bikes to students, as well as job placement assistance for parents and an on-site food bank.

Zippyjuan
08-04-2018, 01:40 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/04/politics/trump-lebron-james-tweet/index.html

"I like Mike" Trump tweeted. The feeling wasn't mutual. And he "never watches Don Lemon".

Michael Jordan pushes back after Trump attacks LeBron James, Don Lemon

If President Donald Trump was trying to drive a wedge between LeBron James and Michael Jordan, he failed.

On Saturday, Jordan ignored Trump's praise of him and said he has James' back.

"I support LeBron James. He's doing an amazing job for his community," Jordan said through a spokesman.

Trump insulted both James and CNN host Don Lemon in a tweet on Friday night following the re-airing of an interview on "CNN Tonight."

The interview focused on James' contributions to his hometown of Akron, Ohio, including a new public school for at-risk third- and fourth-graders there. But the two men also discussed politics. James told Lemon that Trump has used athletics and athletes to divide the country.

"I can't sit back and say nothing," James said.

Shortly before midnight, Trump shot back: "Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn't easy to do."

"I like Mike!" the President added in what appeared to be a reference to the ongoing debate on who's the greatest NBA player of all time, James or Jordan.

Trump's insult led Lemon to ask in a tweet Saturday morning: "Who's the real dummy? A man who puts kids in classrooms or one who puts kids in cages?"

Lemon added the hashtag #BeBest, a reference to first lady Melania Trump's initiative to support kindness and respect.

The James sit-down was a big scoop for Lemon, who hosts "CNN Tonight" on weekday evenings.

Trump's insulting response was curious for several reasons. He has praised James in the past, repeatedly calling him a great player and a "great guy." Those tweets were back in 2013 and 2015.

More recently, in 2017, Trump claimed on Twitter that "I never watch Don Lemon."

His insistence that he doesn't watch CNN is frequently contradicted by his complaints about the network.

The New York Times reported last week that Trump was enraged when he boarded Air Force One and saw the first lady's TV set was tuned to CNN. He evidently wanted all TV sets tuned to Fox News. In response, Melania Trump's spokeswoman said she will watch "any channel she wants."

dannno
08-04-2018, 01:55 PM
"His insistence that he doesn't watch CNN is frequently contradicted by his complaints about the network."Journalists drink too much, are bad at managing emotions, and operate at a lower level than average, according to a new study

https://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5

I guess the journalist didn't consider you can watch clips of the media on your twitter feed without tuning into the station. But that is expected, according to a new study, journalists are retarded.

Of course zippy bolded that statement which does not speak very well of our resident poster, but that is also to be expected.

Jamesiv1
08-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Millionaire athletes sound a lot like millionaire Hollywood celebs.

in other words, who cares lol

Zippyjuan
08-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Journalists drink too much, are bad at managing emotions, and operate at a lower level than average, according to a new study

https://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5

I guess the journalist didn't consider you can watch clips of the media on your twitter feed without tuning into the station. But that is expected, according to a new study, journalists are retarded.

Of course zippy bolded that statement which does not speak very well of our resident poster, but that is also to be expected.

Link notes:

Journalists scored pretty high on:

Abstraction ,

the ability to deal with ideas rather than events. It's related to the part of the brain where the most sophisticated problem-solving takes place. In other words, it highlights the ability to think outside the box and make connections where others might not see them.

Value tagging ,

the ability to assign values to different sensory cues, such as whether something is a priority or has meaning. Scoring highly in this area indicates a good ability to sift through information and pick out what's important.

Compared with bankers, traders, or salespeople, journalists showed that they were more able to cope with pressure.

timosman
08-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Looking forward to watching Don Lemon covering Trump's tweet on Monday. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjI_wCEsKCw

Zippyjuan
08-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Millionaire athletes sound a lot like millionaire Hollywood celebs.

in other words, who cares lol

Trump cares. It isn't fair if people don't say nice things about him. Life is only fair when Trump wins and everybody loves him. They must be attacked! (dude needs to relax!)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Journalists scored pretty high on:

Abstraction...

Value tagging ...

[Journalists scored lower on:

Executive function...

Silencing the mind...]

I thought it was funny how they used the words "scored pretty high" versus "scored lower on." The first phrase is more vague, while the second phrase purports to make an actual comparison.

So, I looked at the study. Even though the journalists scored "pretty high" on value tagging, then did not score higher than the comparison group. In fact, they scored lower by two points (p.5).

11 categories.

Journalist scores compared to average:

Journalists higher than average--2 categories
Journalists lower than average--8 cateogries
Journalists tied with average--1 category

`

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Compared with bankers, traders, or salespeople, journalists showed that they were more able to cope with pressure.

No, that was not in the study at all. That was a quote from the article discussing the study. The study only said the journalism does get the same attention on stress as bankers. It also mentioned how older journalists "bounce back from pressure" than younger journalists.

Also, the study makes no mention of the occupations traders or salespeople. The study does not use either of those two words.

`

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Anyway, Zip is not really here for discussion. He is here to be contrary and to thwart.

Does anyone know if James' school is all privately funded? Or, does part of the funding come from Akron? James has declined to call it private, and seemed to shun the term. Jalen Rose has a school named after him in Detroit and I think they call it private or charter.

I wonder what would happen if you cut out all the bad curricula, gov regulation, and nonsense spending in public school. This chart shows that the private sector, tuition, self-support, etc. contributes a great deal to higher education. I say cut out a big chunk of taxes and regulation and make schools private. The 37% from government goes to nonsense like "gender" studies and other dysfunctional fields.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/-/media/post-launch-images/2015/06/chartbook-final-graphics/fig8.jpg?la=en&hash=3F6CE20A1B610C61DC2A8835820550792AB07922

phill4paul
08-04-2018, 05:22 PM
Zip gets his first. Congratulations....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/49712401b62936046c93bcc180605d00/tenor.gif?itemid=8392671

AuH20
08-04-2018, 06:05 PM

Anti Federalist
08-04-2018, 06:19 PM

I honestly didn't even know Gunga Dan was still alive...still could not possibly care less what he has to say about anything.

Still, what is "racist" about what he said?

Anti Federalist
08-04-2018, 06:23 PM
In his interview with Don Lemon, James said that sport had offered him the opportunity to meet people of different backgrounds and race, adding: "Sports has never been something that divides people. It's always been something that brings someone together."

Pffft...he must never have been around a bunch of Alabama and Auburn fans.

I've seen fistfights, divorces, bitter feuds lasting years, because of the Alabama foozball.

angelatc
08-04-2018, 06:35 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45070210
Demonstrating how presidential he can be and showing how easy it is for somebody to get under his skin.

So why the fuck doesn't your headline say "James Insults President Trump?"

Madison320
08-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Zippy is still batting 1,000%!

But he's not biased!

AuH20
08-05-2018, 10:17 AM
LOL

juleswin
08-05-2018, 10:52 AM
The mundanes are fighting each other again. I think the left threw a flush right upper cut and the right just came back with a swift counter. Just like my favorite soap opera (Passions), the story never really progresses. Just when u think one is about to score a fatal blow, the other side finds a way to recover.

Just like a car crash, I will keep watching because I am just a nosy person who loves drama

I wonder what Lebron would say if I told him that up until the selection, oops I meant to say election, Trump and Clinton were best of friends

What have people learned from the disaster of the Obama years? Do they understand the true nature of deep state power? The true continuity of agenda that takes place even as the pendulum swings from left to right? Or are they simply going to fall for the same trick, again and again, until the final nail is placed in the coffin of human freedom? James Corbett

Anti Globalist
08-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Lebron should stick to basketball and not politics.

Swordsmyth
08-05-2018, 06:20 PM
https://media.8ch.net/file_store/378c5ed7ff26649d465577692655fa046d2951d7a201dd85a6 ca1b9d4766b2ac.png

timosman
08-05-2018, 06:32 PM
https://media.8ch.net/file_store/378c5ed7ff26649d465577692655fa046d2951d7a201dd85a6 ca1b9d4766b2ac.png

https://cached-assets.patriotpost.us/images/2016-04-19-e7efddc8_large.jpg

timosman
08-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Looking forward to watching Don Lemon covering Trump's tweet on Monday. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZGuFJTs1I

Jamesiv1
08-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Lebron did it to himself.

oyarde
08-07-2018, 01:17 PM
If James really wants to learn something he can stop by my house with a twelve pack and I can show him that there is a difference in the tax funded education he is talking about and a real education . People with a real education would not have voted for clinton .

Zippyjuan
08-07-2018, 01:25 PM
If James really wants to learn something he can stop by my house with a twelve pack and I can show him that there is a difference in the tax funded education he is talking about and a real education . People with a real education would not have voted for clinton .

He was talking about a school he personally funded with $2 million (yes, taxpayers will also be funding some of it but he is putting his own money where his mouth is).

timosman
08-07-2018, 01:27 PM
He was talking about a school he personally funded with $2 billion (yes, taxpayers will also be funding some of it but he is putting his own money where his mouth is).

Who's paying for LeBron James' new I Promise school? LeBron or Akron Public Schools? - https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?524840-NBA-Star-LeBron-James%92-I-Promise-School-Opens-For-First-Day

juleswin
08-07-2018, 01:42 PM
He was talking about a school he personally funded with $2 billion (yes, taxpayers will also be funding some of it but he is putting his own money where his mouth is).

$2 billion? is that a typo or did u mean to say million?

Zippyjuan
08-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Oops. Thanks for the correction!

juleswin
08-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Oops. Thanks for the correction!

So his foundation's money aka money from people trying to buy his influence paid a measly 2 million for the school and the tax payers paid the rest. From the accounts I have read, him and his group will only pay for 25% of the running and maintainance of the school.

I am not impressed at all by his so called charity.

Origanalist
08-07-2018, 02:40 PM
So his foundation's money aka money from people trying to buy his influence paid a measly 2 million for the school and the tax payers paid the rest. From the accounts I have read, him and his group will only pay for 25% of the running and maintainance of the school.

Hardly.

oyarde
08-07-2018, 03:04 PM

That is a good point Jules . People who donate to my charitable foundation do so only to donate to the causes I select , they are not doing it for later favors or influence and we do not participate in projects that tax money is used for .

oyarde
08-07-2018, 03:05 PM

Two million of OPM . Other Peoples Money . Is my guess .

juleswin
08-07-2018, 03:25 PM
That is a good point Jules . People who donate to my charitable foundation do so only to donate to the causes I select , they are not doing it for later favors or influence and we do not participate in projects that tax money is used for .

I didn't know u had a foundation. Whats the name of it?

Krugminator2
08-07-2018, 03:28 PM
I didn't know u had a foundation. Whats the name of it?

Human Fund.