Keyes: 7:08 during 8 answers
Tancredo: 6:49 during 10 answers
Hunter: 6:42 during 9 answers
McCain: 6:34 during 9 answers
Paul: 5:36 during 9 answers
Thompson: 5:23 during 10 answers

yaz
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Yea I noticed that in the debate that Hunter and Tancredo got a LOT of time. Why? The world may never know. Was Alan Keyes there to be a comic relief?

specsaregood
12-12-2007, 04:45 PM
//

TheNewYorker
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
McCain: 6:34 during 9 answers
Paul: 5:36 during 9 answers

He got the same amount of answers as McCain. About 1 minute less of talking time, but that's only because Paul was shorter with his answers than McCain.

I think this has been the fairest debate to Paul yet.

0zzy
12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Wtf is up with thompson ?

HOLLYWOOD
12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Yea I noticed that in the debate that Hunter and Tancredo got a LOT of time. Why? The world may never know. Was Alan Keyes there to be a comic relief?

Keyes was there to show the effects of CRACK

yaz
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
lol

Jesubub
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Ya gotta give it to Keyes -- he demanded his time. Paul was too passive.

Micahyah
12-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Keyes did his job. Which was to eat up a ton of time.

HOLLYWOOD
12-12-2007, 05:09 PM

Valium... or maybe he's DEMOing the "New Quaaludes"

But honestly, his cancer and the medications have taken a told on him... he's a lot sicker that people are/were led to believe. Just like Chenney is in VERY BAD HEALTH now too!

I just find it DISGUSTING and SELFISH a man in his 70's bringing to kids into the world. 4 and 1 year olds... let alone marrying a woman, who's age, can be his granddaughter. I wonder what the Conservatives/Family Values/ Holy Rollers think about their arrangement/escapades. a wife that's obviously in Desperation for Wealth/Power/Fame etc...

yaz
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
In the words of Richard Nixon, "Fred Thompson is an idiot"

Original_Intent
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Ron Paul may have had less time because he answered within the alotted time and shut up. I think I only heard time mentioned once while he spoke.

9 questions with the most any candidate answered being 12 isn't bad. Especially since the candidates withe the most had one ore two questions that were opportunities (very brief) to respond to an attack on them.

I thought time and question wise this was one of the better ones,a nd I think RP used the time well to get his message out.

atthegates
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
ALAN KEYES GOT MORE TIME THAN PAUL!!??? i swear to god i wanna smash keyes' face in. he better not be in any more debates the fuckin bastard.

azminuteman
12-12-2007, 05:30 PM

There was that answer he gave that was pretty much "If I am elected President, I'll work at being a good president."

WTF was that?

angrydragon
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
There was that answer he gave that was pretty much "If I am elected President, I'll work at being a good president."

WTF was that?

More like, "...I think I'll work at being a good president."

Danny Molina
12-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Keyes didn't get more time than Paul. Keyes TOOK more time than Paul.

McDermit
12-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Keyes was ridiculous.

InRonWeTrust
12-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Keyes should have been thrown off that fucking stage.

allyinoh
12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
You know it seemed like he was getting more time than that. Hmmm...

I thought it was a pretty good QandA... except what was with Keyes not interrupting anyone until it came to Paul? I was so irritated! And the guy gives me a fire and brimstone kind of weird vibe...

Malakai0
12-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Hope some more of mainstream America can see that a respectful and tactful man like Ron Paul would be a wonderful leader for our country. We don't need another loud, aggressive, or fake president. We need a leader who can sit down and speak with people in a civilized manner, explain our problems and address how to work toward fixing them.

He's already taught a generation or 2 what it means to be passionate about liberty :)

fedup100
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
They are putting as many up there as they can in order to water down any time given to Paul. This also works well in the polls. Tancreado, Keyes ALL OF THESE *&%^$$% that stay in this race and deliberately hurt Paul and the Country need to hear from all of us in a big way.

They don't give a crap about this country or Dr. Paul. I never want to hear again that Tancreado is a friend of Dr. Paul's. Crap with a friend like that he doesn't need enemies.:mad::mad::mad:

InRonWeTrust
12-12-2007, 07:14 PM
They need to boot Tancredo and Hunter off the stage.

rg123
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Ya gotta give it to Keyes -- he demanded his time. Paul was too passive.

I agree he had the fortitude to say I want to answer a question and I will not be skipped this is a joke. He called them out on their propaganda and fixing of the debate. He did not wait for it to be given to him he TOOK IT! Allthough the guy is a bible thumper I certainly admired what he did. The others get 1 min and I get 30 sec. He was right and Ron should have did that a long long time ago. As much as I dislike Reagan this is exactly what Regan did to win. He said I dont remember the exact words but to the effect I payed to answer questions here not just stand around. If Ron just stands there and allow them to pass him by then he will be passed by. I fully belive he needs to start calling them out like when they say will you run for a 3rd party. Or how come I am left out of your polls. He needs to call them out. He should tell them Do you want to do an interview or do you want to ask me the same question that I have answered for the past 6 months. Or how come I am left out of your polls. You are not being fair to to me or the American people. Call them out on their propaganda.

Ron LOL
12-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I think it's a little bit offensive that Alan Keyes was even there, not to mention Hunter and Tancredo, but proportionately this has to be pretty close to the best we've ever gotten in terms of equal time.

Richandler
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Dude I surprised you guys aren't mass email thing people who set up the debate. Keyes with 7 minutes. That is just insane. That is 7 mintues that belong to Paul and even Thompson.

Goldwater Conservative
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Keyes: 7:08 during 8 answers

"We won't be focusing on some of the most important issues to Iowa Republicans, like immigration and the war, but we will let Keyes in the debate and even let him speak out of turn."

Castrensis
12-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Following the same line of logic seen in these last few posts, I just finished watching the debate on CSPAN2 & the after debate discussion. I think, very significantly, Ed Morrisey of BlogTalkRadio said that at this point Hunter, Tancredo & Keyes should not have been included in the debate in order to give more time to the other serious FRONT RUNNING candidates.

An admission that RP is a front-running top tier candidate who deserves some serious consideration by the old media.

Overall, a terrible debate format that was only suited to Huckabee's skill in ejaculating crowd-pleasing one-liners without any serious consideration of the issues. In my opinion Paul did marginally better than the rest of the serious candidates & certainly better than Hunter's tired "Buy American!" *cue cheesy smirk & head bobble* or Keyes "Hallelujah! &c. &c." Thompson & McCain appear either bored or sedated, likely both.

I have to say that I was surprised to see Giuliani in a "book-end" position in the candidate's arrangement on stage with Tancredo moved closer to center - perhaps a result of Tancredo's comment on the CNN/You Tube Debates?