PDA

View Full Version : Trump is Strengthening the Security of Our Elections

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 12:23 AM
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR ELECTIONS: President Donald J. Trump is committed to protecting our Nation’s elections from foreign interference.

President Trump has made clear that his Administration will not tolerate foreign interference in our elections from any nation state or other malicious actor.
President Trump chaired National Security Council meetings on May 3 and July 27 to receive updates on and discuss the whole-of-government approach to election security being implemented at his direction.

This whole-of-government approach was put in motion at the beginning of the Administration to support State and local election officials across the country.

President Trump’s meetings have addressed:

The threats posed to our elections by foreign actors.
Efforts underway to provide cybersecurity assistance to State and local authorities.
Actions to investigate, prosecute, and hold accountable those who attempt to interfere in our electoral processes.

STRENGTHENING ELECTION SECURITY: The Trump Administration is helping State and local authorities bolster their defenses against cyber operations targeting our elections.

The Trump Administration is working to provide State and local authorities with the support they need to defend against attempts to interfere in our elections.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is working with all 50 States, local governments, and the private sector to strengthen election security.

DHS is sharing information across all levels of government to ensure a coordinated response to any election interference attempt.

The Administration provided on-site cybersecurity support to States during the 2017 elections.
A new pilot program was launched to enable State and local officials and the Election Assistance Commission to share information on Election Day and allow for rapid response.
The Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation are working to investigate and disrupt any threats to our election systems and alert potential victims and targets.
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and DHS hosted classified briefings for election commissioners and State election officials from all 50 States.

These briefings provided insight into what the intelligence community is doing to assist DHS ahead of 2018 and 2020 elections.

ODNI held the first-ever Federal Election Table Top Exercise to improve information sharing.

ODNI leads an interagency working group of cyber and counterintelligence experts focused on ongoing information sharing and integration of election security efforts.

DHS recently held a National Cybersecurity Summit, bringing together stakeholders from Government, industry, and academia to advance cybersecurity.

The summit served as a launching point for a number of DHS cybersecurity initiatives.
DHS is launching a National Risk Management Center to coordinate Government and private sector risk management efforts to defend of our critical infrastructure.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-strengthening-security-elections/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wh

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 12:25 AM
President Trump called Thursday for new “Voter I.D.” laws, just hours after dissolving his presidential commission on voter fraud.
The president disbanded the controversial panel focused on “election integrity,” blaming a refusal by more than a dozen states to provide what he called “basic information.”
“Many mostly Democrat States refused to hand over data from the 2016 Election to the Commission On Voter Fraud. They fought hard that the Commission not see their records or methods because they know that many people are voting illegally. System is rigged, must go to Voter I.D.,” Trump tweeted.

“As Americans, you need identification, sometimes in a very strong and accurate form, for almost everything you do…except when it comes to the most important thing, VOTING for the people that run your country. Push hard for Voter Identification!” Trump tweeted.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/04/trump-sounds-call-for-voter-id-laws-to-fix-rigged-system-after-nixing-fraud-panel.html

TheTexan
08-03-2018, 01:58 AM
It's very simple. Interfering with our elections is an act of war, and we need to start treating it as such.

TheTexan
08-03-2018, 01:59 AM
“As Americans, you need identification, sometimes in a very strong and accurate form, for almost everything you do…except when it comes to the most important thing, VOTING for the people that run your country. Push hard for Voter Identification!” Trump tweeted.

I would go one step further, and say that we need biometric fingerprint and retinal scanning to vote.

jkr
08-03-2018, 07:44 AM
now they just need to be relevant...

Grandmastersexsay
08-03-2018, 08:34 AM
I would go one step further, and say that we need biometric fingerprint and retinal scanning to vote.

Great idea. What could go wrong with the government having access to a database with information that could be used for 24/7 surveillance?

Superfluous Man
08-03-2018, 08:53 AM
The phrase, "defenses against cyber operations targeting our elections," sounds an awful lot like a euphemism for both abridging freedom of speech and invading privacy.

TheTexan
08-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Never again will we allow foreign nationals to purchase Facebook ads during an election cycle, our national security is at stake!!!

thoughtomator
08-03-2018, 09:42 AM
The phrase, "defenses against cyber operations targeting our elections," sounds an awful lot like a euphemism for both abridging freedom of speech and invading privacy.

For people who are not completely insane, it's a euphemism for not letting foreign actors rig electronic voting systems.

timosman
08-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Never again will we allow foreign nationals to purchase Facebook ads during an election cycle, our national security is at stake!!!

They were able to flip the elections for about $100k while the DNC was spending more than 100x that amount. :cool:

devil21
08-03-2018, 10:01 AM
For people who are not completely insane, it's a euphemism for not letting foreign actors rig electronic voting systems.

Forget foreign actors, I'm worried about my local friggin board of elections! Go ahead and try to get access to voting records then let us know how that works out for you. I was told to my face by the local head of the board that he would fight to the death to prevent anyone from reviewing voting machine election records. Three people on two computers in a locked room in the local board office on election night control the entire results from all elections within the county.

CaptUSA
08-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Just what every problem needs... MOAR government!!

That always fixes things. Thanks, Trump! MAGA!

thoughtomator
08-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Forget foreign actors, I'm worried about my local friggin board of elections! Go ahead and try to get access to voting records then let us know how that works out for you. I was told to my face by the local head of the board that he would fight to the death to prevent anyone from reviewing voting machine election records. Three people on two computers in a locked room in the local board office on election night control the entire results from all elections within the county.

You're describing a red flag for systematic fraud. Bring a lawyer with relevant expertise (go to your local/county GOP and ask who their general counsel is) and it may go better.

Cleaner44
08-03-2018, 10:56 AM
It's very simple. Interfering with our elections is an act of war, and we need to start treating it as such.

This is why I am calling for the immediate and non-stop bombing of Mexico. Deliver the shock-and-awe and don't stop until the population invites us to take over all resorts. Once in place, this solution will be the final piece to providing a secure America with hospitality and landscaping jobs for all! I call it, The Final Solution for Mexico Act.

devil21
08-03-2018, 11:01 AM
You're describing a red flag for systematic fraud. Bring a lawyer with relevant expertise (go to your local/county GOP and ask who their general counsel is) and it may go better.

My point was that being worried about election tampering by people 10,000 miles away is stupid when the people that live in your county have total control of election results on election night. Go try to get access to voting machine records in your county and let us know the results. I guarantee you the answer will be similar to what I received.

TheTexan
08-03-2018, 11:39 AM
This is why I am calling for the immediate and non-stop bombing of Mexico. Deliver the shock-and-awe and don't stop until the population invites us to take over all resorts. Once in place, this solution will be the final piece to providing a secure America with hospitality and landscaping jobs for all! I call it, The Final Solution for Mexico Act.

Agreed, it's been far too long since we have conquered any new territories! It's time to put the "America" back into North America

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 03:34 PM
My point was that being worried about election tampering by people 10,000 miles away is stupid when the people that live in your county have total control of election results on election night. Go try to get access to voting machine records in your county and let us know the results. I guarantee you the answer will be similar to what I received.
Perhaps if Trump uses the Russiaphobia he can expand into all election tampering.

dannno
08-03-2018, 04:14 PM

Or it could mean abolishing electronic voting machines.

devil21
08-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Perhaps if Trump uses the Russiaphobia he can expand into all election tampering.

Where is that authority found in the Constitution?

Or it could mean abolishing electronic voting machines.

That's already planned. They served their 'purpose' and are no longer needed any more.

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Where is that authority found in the Constitution?

That's already planned. They served their 'purpose' and are no longer needed any more.

A1S4: The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

A2S1: The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.

A1S2: he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices

A1S3: he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed

devil21
08-03-2018, 08:44 PM
A1S4: The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

A2S1: The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.

A1S2: he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices

A1S3: he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed

So the answer is nowhere is it found in the Constitution.

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 08:46 PM
So the answer is nowhere is it found in the Constitution.

You can't read I take it.

Congress is empowered to make election laws and the President is required to enforce them.

devil21
08-03-2018, 08:54 PM
You can't read I take it.

Congress is empowered to make election laws and the President is required to enforce them.

The implication of your statement was obviously that TRUMP has the authority to effect change to election laws when, in fact, only Congress and the states have that authority. Unless you meant Trump can tweet about it lol.

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 09:06 PM
The implication of your statement was obviously that TRUMP has the authority to effect change to election laws when, in fact, only Congress and the states have that authority. Unless you meant Trump can tweet about it lol.
I mean he can investigate violations of it and advocate changes to it.

A2S3: He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient;

kpitcher
08-03-2018, 10:16 PM
Wait.. after wanting to discount the supposed millions of illegal votes last election cycle to help Trumps ego of 'winning the popular vote' we then spent how much for a special group to investigate. They gave up and waited until just before midterms to bother doing a press release?

#winning

Superfluous Man
08-03-2018, 10:17 PM

If the concern is rigging electronic voting systems, then it's totally irrelevant whether the people doing it are foreign actors. Domestic actors shouldn't be allowed to do that either.

No. TheTexan is right. This is about posting political opinions online. And who knows what new powers the feds will come up with to make sure no foreigners can do that.

devil21
08-03-2018, 10:29 PM
I mean he can investigate violations of it and advocate changes to it.

A2S3: He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient;

Maybe I'll file a lawsuit for access to voting records then tweet Trump and let him to take up my cause.

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Maybe I'll file a lawsuit for access to voting records then tweet Trump and let him to take up my cause.

Please do.