PDA

View Full Version : NH-State Senate minority leader arrested for beating, biting, kicking woman

Anti Federalist
08-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Democratic New Hampshire state senator arrested for allegedly hitting woman, biting her on arm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/02/democratic-new-hampshire-state-senator-arrested-for-allegedly-hitting-woman-biting-her-on-arm.html

By Paulina Dedaj

A democratic lawmaker from New Hampshire was arrested Thursday for domestic violence charges after he allegedly bit a woman on multiple occasions and forced his way into her locked home.

State Senator Jeff Woodburn, a Democrat from Whitefield, was charged with simple assault, domestic violence and criminal mischief after the state attorney general’s office said he allegedly slapped a woman, punched her in the stomach, bit her hand, and on another occasion, bit her forearm.

The incidents are said to have taken place this year and last year.

Woodburn, the state Senate minority leader, defended himself Thursday in a statement.

“This afternoon, I learned that a warrant had been issued for my arrest. I voluntarily responded to the police station, cooperated with law enforcement during the booking process, and was released,” he said. “I intend to fully address and defend against these charges in court.”

The New Hampshire Democratic Party urged him to resign, as did the state’s Democratic congressional delegation and members of the state Senate Democratic Caucus.

“The New Hampshire Democratic Party stands firm in our belief that any form of sexual harassment, sexual assault, or domestic violence is completely unacceptable behavior for anyone, let alone our public officials who should all be held to a higher standard,” said State Democratic Party Chairman Ray Buckley.

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu tweeted that the allegations were “morally reprehensible,” and also said Woodburn should step down.

Woodburn is set to be arraigned on August 20.

Swordsmyth
08-02-2018, 11:09 PM
I bet he is a feminist.

shakey1
08-03-2018, 05:46 AM
A fine representative indeed.

tod evans
08-03-2018, 06:16 AM
Tons-O-Fun keeping him from seeing his children?

Innocent until accused?

MSM slant............

Schifference
08-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Hard to call this one. I am not a big fan of delayed charges. If he was guilty of something, why wait in some cases a year to complain about it? Did he fail to do something she wanted recently? D or R not the issue. Guy was smart to turn himself in once he heard there was a warrant out for his arrest. Better off than the black tractor warrant serving choke hold incident. Maybe if he turns Republican Trump will endorse him.

juleswin
08-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Tons-O-Fun keeping him from seeing his children?

Innocent until accused?

MSM slant............

It is so easy for some of us to quickly commend this man because he is a dem. I am with you on this(I think you are saying innocent until proven guilty), wait till the trial is over before passing judgement. I would also like to hear from all sides before I condemn the man. I know this sounds crazy but maybe there was a justifiable reason to hit and bite this woman if that is actually what he did.

If this was actually a clear case of domestic abuse, then lock him up and vote him out.

Anti Federalist
08-03-2018, 11:12 AM
It is so easy for some of us to quickly commend this man because he is a dem. I am with you on this(I think you are saying innocent until proven guilty), wait till the trial is over before passing judgement. I would also like to hear from all sides before I condemn the man. I know this sounds crazy but maybe there was a justifiable reason to hit and bite this woman if that is actually what he did.

If this was actually a clear case of domestic abuse, then lock him up and vote him out.

I think you meant condemn.

But I get your point, and it's valid.

I posted it only because of the positive ramifications it would have here in NH on the fall gov's race.

TheTexan
08-03-2018, 11:47 AM
he allegedly slapped a woman, punched her in the stomach, bit her hand, and on another occasion, bit her forearm.

In my experience this is usually fine as long as you're willing to pay them extra, and let them know up front

oyarde
08-03-2018, 04:14 PM
In my experience this is usually fine as long as you're willing to pay them extra, and let them know up front

Yes , warning is required . Even though he was a repeat customer warning and proper payment before the biting and getting inside the door first are proper etiquette .

Anti Globalist
08-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Typical from a democrat. You'd never see a Republican doing this. They respect women.

TheTexan
08-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Typical from a democrat. You'd never see a Republican doing this. They respect women.

That's because most democrats are baby killers, and it's not a very far leap from killing babies to beating women.

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 04:37 PM

I think you could find a few RINOs at least, I suspect something like this about every male feminist whatever party they belong to.

Swordsmyth
08-03-2018, 04:38 PM
That's because most democrats are baby killers, and it's not a very far leap from killing babies to beating women.

Sometimes there is great truth in words uttered in jest.

oyarde
08-03-2018, 04:43 PM

Exactly . I have been telling people this for decades . Really , what else would you expect from these reprehensible , wicked , godless , unrepentant and vile sub humans ?

TheTexan
08-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Exactly . I have been telling people this for decades . Really , what else would you expect from these reprehensible , wicked , godless , unrepentant and vile sub humans ?

You may even call them , deplorable

nearly as bad as anarchists

oyarde
08-03-2018, 04:50 PM
You may even call them , deplorable

nearly as bad as anarchists
Dad always said democrats are much worse than the anarchists . His line of thinking was when the anarchists blow something up you collect the insurance but the democrats just want to steal everything you have and you collect nothing in return .

Suzanimal
08-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Hard to call this one. I am not a big fan of delayed charges. If he was guilty of something, why wait in some cases a year to complain about it? Did he fail to do something she wanted recently? D or R not the issue. Guy was smart to turn himself in once he heard there was a warrant out for his arrest. Better off than the black tractor warrant serving choke hold incident. Maybe if he turns Republican Trump will endorse him.

Yeah, I don't get that, either and I don't like it but I have to admit, it makes my little black heart skip a beat when I see a politician get caught up in the system.