PDA

View Full Version : Ivanka Trump: Media not enemy of people, 'vehemently against' family separation

Zippyjuan
08-02-2018, 02:12 PM
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ivanka-trump-media-enemy-people-vehemently-family-separation/story?id=56986732

The president's daughter and senior adviser, Ivanka Trump, openly opposed her father’s rhetoric and policy Thursday, saying that the media is “not ... the enemy of the people” and that she is “vehemently against” family separation at the U.S.-Mexico border.

During a panel with Axios’ Mike Allen and Jonathan Swan, Allen asked Trump if she believes that the press is the “enemy of the people.”

“No, I do not,” she responded. “I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people.”

Ivanka noted that her comment reflects her “personal perspective.”

She explained that she has “some sensitivity” on the topic because she has been the subject of incorrect or unfair press coverage.

“I've certainly received my fair share of reporting on me personally that I know not to be fully accurate,” Trump told the hosts. “So I've ... had some sensitivity around why people have concerns and gripe, especially when they sort of feel targeted.”

Her remarks came just days after President Trump tweeted about the “vast amounts of Fake News being put out by the media” and used the phrase “‘Enemy of the People.'”

Ivanka Trump also agreed with Allen’s suggestion that the separation of migrant families at the southern border was a “low point” for the White House.

“That was a low point for me as well,” the first daughter stated. “I am very vehemently against family separation and the separation of parents and children.”

Family separation was a direct result of the Trump administration’s "zero tolerance" immigration policy. Ivanka Trump reportedly asked her father to terminate the policy as controversy swelled throughout the country.

“These are not easy issues. These are incredibly difficult issues,” she said. “I experience them in a very emotional way.”

more at link

Swordsmyth
08-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Nobody cares what she thinks.

Swordsmyth
08-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Nobody cares what she thinks.

Or what zippy thinks either.

Cleaner44
08-02-2018, 03:11 PM
A crooked and corrupt media operating under the guise of the "free press" is absolutely the enemy of free people. If Ivanka disagrees with me, she is just plain wrong.

Anti Globalist
08-02-2018, 04:09 PM
Zippy is the enemy of the people.

dannno
08-02-2018, 04:14 PM
If she is against family separation at the border, then she must not care about children living in Mexico. I mean, she does, but the problem is she is thinking with her emotions and not her head.

If you don't allow family separation at the border, then you encourage immigrants to bring children along (belonging to them, or not..) during dangerous border crossings because having the children is like having a get out of jail free card.

If you really cared about children in Mexico you would not allow them to be used as get out of jail free cards.

spudea
08-02-2018, 04:17 PM
conflating media with fake news media. damn losers.

AuH20
08-02-2018, 04:20 PM
She married Jared. Nuff said. Who cares what she says?

Zippyjuan
08-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Trump says daughter was right. Media not "enemy of the people".

Swordsmyth
08-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Trump says daughter was right. Media not "enemy of the people".

But the Fake News media is.