PDA

View Full Version : Des Moines Register Debate: Taking Dr. Paul's Positions?

udecker
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm only 20 minutes into the debate replay on CSPAN.org - but so far Giulianni, Tancredo and Huckabilly have touted re-thinking financial policies (threat to national security), Tancredo's talking "sticking to the constitution", Keyes, Hunter and Tancredo are talking about removing the income tax.....

Did I miss a memo, or are they beginning to take Dr. Paul's positions?

---EDIT

Also, at ~34 minutes, I swear to god, Alan Keyes just told everyone to vote for Dr. Paul. Am I Crazy? (maybe he was talking about himself?)

Thor
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
lot's of us said the same thing in the Iowa debate forum when it was live.

Amazing isn't it?

FireofLiberty
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I thought the EXACT samething.

PINN4CL3
12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
This is completely true. They steal from Ron the talking points, but don't support the message. There have been noticeable changes in rhetoric from the poll generated candidates.

I've seen both Giuliani and Romney talk about the founding fathers the last month, but they never did before. Giuliani often talks now about giving "power back to the people". Fred Thompson has been coattaling Ron from the outset, talking about bankrupting future generations. Huckabee speaks often now about abolishing the IRS, something I never heard him say until the youtube debate.

They are all weasley, imo. I just hope the majority of the voting public recognizes this little sham.

Teenforpaul08
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow...I know. I hate this so much! It should be pretty obvious for the "political analysts" to pick up this crap but it seems they haven't a clue...

francisco
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
All the mainstream candidates approach the campaign from the perspective of marketing a product. They pay professionals to carefully monitor what language resonates with potential voters and adjust accordingly. Just like selling soap.

udecker
12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow...I know. I hate this so much! It should be pretty obvious for the "political analysts" to pick up this crap but it seems they haven't a clue...

The odds of that are so low that they'd point it out. Makes me nuts.

goRPaul
12-12-2007, 05:01 PM
The sincerest form of flattery!

Well, I guess after all this time of being fake republicans, they're starting to get in touch with what real republicans actually believe. Good for them. I think it's a good sign, because sooner or later, people are gonna find out that only RP is the real McCoy.

Jodi
12-12-2007, 05:10 PM
This is completely true. They steal from Ron the talking points, but don't support the message. There have been noticeable changes in rhetoric from the poll generated candidates.

I've seen both Giuliani and Romney talk about the founding fathers the last month, but they never did before. Giuliani often talks now about giving "power back to the people". Fred Thompson has been coattaling Ron from the outset, talking about bankrupting future generations. Huckabee speaks often now about abolishing the IRS, something I never heard him say until the youtube debate.

They are all weasley, imo. I just hope the majority of the voting public recognizes this little sham.

I've been saying this since I joined this forum. They know what is making Dr. Paul popular...its the message Freedom is Popular. The dems are doing it too.

hasan
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
i don't know if they are making RP popular. they definately are taking up his positions now and making it seem like theyv been saying it all along and those ppl who were giving their feedback on the debate are falling for it when huck or tancredo say it but when RP says what he says they give him a big dip in the graph. very hypocritic

davidkachel
12-12-2007, 05:30 PM
I've been saying this since I joined this forum. They know what is making Dr. Paul popular...its the message Freedom is Popular. The dems are doing it too.

This is something unforeseen. They are mimicking RP's message, but of course they are lying. They don't mean it or even understand it.

We need to find some way to expose them because they WILL fool a lot of people.

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
They've been co-opting his message since at least the 3rd debate.

It will only work on the sheeple which alas there are alot of them...because they have no record to back up their rhetoric.

Jodi
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
This is something unforeseen. They are mimicking RP's message, but of course they are lying. They don't mean it or even understand it.

We need to find some way to expose them because they WILL fool a lot of people.

We've got youtube!!!