PDA

View Full Version : "No Preconditions": Trump Will Meet Iran's Rouhani "Anytime They Want"

Swordsmyth
07-30-2018, 10:03 PM
President Trump said on Monday that he is willing to meet with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani with "no preconditions," exactly one week after he blasted out a fiery all-caps threat to the regime over Twitter.
“I would certainly meet with Iran if they wanted to meet. I don’t know if they’re ready yet,” Trump said, responding to a reporter's question during a White House press conference alongside Italy's new Prime Minister Guiseppe Conte.

.@POTUS (https://twitter.com/POTUS?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) on Iran: "I'm ready to meet anytime that they want to and I don't do that from strength or from weakness. I think it's an appropriate thing to do... No preconditions. If they want to meet, I'll meet." pic.twitter.com/KhRc38jrt3 (https://t.co/KhRc38jrt3)
— FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) July 30, 2018 (https://twitter.com/FoxBusiness/status/1024002182796984321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Watch for the MSM to follow the North Korea playbook on this one - blasting Trump for failing to follow "protocol" as he carves a new path through international relations.
Following a warning from Rouhani earlier in the month that hostile US policies could trigger the "mother of all wars," after which Trump blasted back via Twitter:

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 23, 2018 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021234525626609666?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Trump's decision to meet with Rouhani would be the first major step towards mending relations after he pulled out of the Obama-era Iran nuclear agreement in which Tehran committed to curtailing its nuclear program in exchange for reduced sanctions.
Just yesterday we noted that Iran's currency is in freefall - pegging 102,000 Rials to the US Dollar on the black market, according to currency website Bonbast, and confirmed to AFP by a currency trader.
https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/rial%20uss_0.JPG
Trump suggested a meeting with Rouhani would be the "appropriate thing to do," and that it would come neither from a position of strength nor weakness, reports Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/30/trump-offers-to-meet-with-iranian-president-rouhani-without-preconditions.html).

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-30/no-preconditions-trump-will-meet-irans-rouhani-anytime-they-want

phill4paul
07-30-2018, 10:09 PM
Fucking traitor colluding with the enemy again!

nikcers
07-30-2018, 10:24 PM
$#@!ing traitor colluding with the enemy again!

Looks like Trump has been colluding with John Bolton... Lindsay Graham...John McCain... Rudy Guiliani...Bill Kristol... Dick Cheney, and Chris Christie.

phill4paul
07-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Looks like Trump has been colluding with John Bolton... Lindsay Graham...John McCain... Rudy Guiliani...Bill Kristol... Dick Cheney, and Chris Christie.

I don't know, they are talking about talking. To hard for me to get hackles up in any way as I have no investment in it.

Swordsmyth
07-30-2018, 10:31 PM

Since when would they want him to talk to Iran instead of bombing them?

nikcers
07-30-2018, 10:32 PM
I don't know, they are talking about talking. To hard for me to get hackles up in any way as I have no investment in it.

It's sort of like raping somebody and then wanting to talk about it afterwards.

nikcers
07-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Since when would they want him to talk to Iran instead of bombing them?

well- maybe they were able to get their fingers in enough pies after the Iran deal and they think they can destroy them economically and not have to drop bombs. If you are thinking that they will not drop bombs then that's ignoring history.

timosman
07-30-2018, 10:36 PM
Iran = Obama's piggybank?

Swordsmyth
07-30-2018, 10:38 PM
well- maybe they were able to get their fingers in enough pies after the Iran deal and they think they can destroy them economically and not have to drop bombs. If you are thinking that they will not drop bombs then that's ignoring history.

Or maybe this will go down like N. Korea like it seems to be doing.

I know N. Korea isn't over yet but it seems to be headed towards peace and trade.

nikcers
07-30-2018, 10:41 PM
Or maybe this will go down like N. Korea like it seems to be doing.

I know N. Korea isn't over yet but it seems to be headed towards peace and trade.
What could possibly go wrong? :bigpoo:

a warning from Rouhani earlier in the month that hostile US policies could trigger the "mother of all wars"

Swordsmyth
07-30-2018, 11:01 PM
What could possibly go wrong? :bigpoo:

Trump may not be perfect but offering to talk with them is a good thing, you would find something to complain about if he announced that all sanctions were off.

Maybe things would have gone much smoother if they hadn't rejected his 8 other offers to talk.

nikcers
07-30-2018, 11:25 PM
Trump may not be perfect but offering to talk with them is a good thing, you would find something to complain about if he announced that all sanctions were off.

Maybe things would have gone much smoother if they hadn't rejected his 8 other offers to talk.
Offering to talk with them is a good thing but he made his intentions clear when he chose his cabinet. It even goes along with the foreign policy he campaigned on, "not letting the enemy know our strategy". Would you trust Trump with his past rhetoric, with his cabinet? You know the guy who said in 2011 that he would run 3rd party if Ron Paul was the nominee because he doesn't think in terms of Israel because he supported diplomacy with Iran?

Swordsmyth
07-30-2018, 11:27 PM
Offering to talk with them is a good thing but he made his intentions clear when he chose his cabinet. It even goes along with the foreign policy he campaigned on, "not letting the enemy know our strategy". Would you trust Trump with his past rhetoric, with his cabinet? You know the guy who said in 2011 that he would run 3rd party if Ron Paul was the nominee because he doesn't think in terms of Israel because he supported diplomacy with Iran?

Trust is not required to begin negotiations and Trump has made it clear that his policy can't be predicted by his cabinet picks.

nikcers
07-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Trust is not required to begin negotiations and Trump has made it clear that his policy can't be predicted by his cabinet picks.

He can't micromanage every little thing they do, its good politics though, blame his cabinet for policy mistakes take credit for anything you can get away with taking credit for.

eleganz
07-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Tomorrow's CNN headlne : Trump gives away all leverage in tense negotiations with Iran.

To be fair, McCain and Kristol hates Trump.

None of them want him to do any diplomacy with Kim or Putin and the rest of the gang.

Zippyjuan
07-31-2018, 12:22 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/31/trump-offer-to-meet-iran-president-rouhani-dismissed-by-both-sides

Turns out there aren't "no pre- conditions".

Trump offer to meet Iran president Rouhani dismissed by both sides

Mike Pompeo and Rouhani adviser unite in adding caveats before any talks could happen

Donald Trump has said he would “certainly meet” Iranian president Hassan Rouhani without preconditions, a move that was later rejected by Trump’s own administration and one of Rouhani’s advisers.

Speaking during a joint news conference with Italy’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, Trump said he would meet Iran “anytime they want to”. “I’ll meet with anybody,” he said. “There’s nothing wrong with meeting.”

Asked whether he would set any preconditions, Trump was clear. “No preconditions, no. If they want to meet, I’ll meet any time they want,” he said. “Good for the country, good for them, good for us and good for the world. No preconditions. If they want to meet, I’ll meet.”

Trump’s apparently spontaneous overture marked a significant shift in tone and follows escalating rhetoric in the wake of his dumping in May of the landmark Iran nuclear accord.

The administration is set next month to begin reimposing sanctions that had been lifted under the 2015 deal and has been ratcheting up a pressure campaign on the Islamic republic that many suspect is aimed at regime change.

After the comment, secretary of state Mike Pompeo appeared to contradict Trump, listing preconditions that had to be met first. He told CNBC on Monday: “If the Iranians demonstrate a commitment to make fundamental changes in how they treat their own people, reduce their malign behaviour, can agree that it’s worthwhile to enter in a nuclear agreement that actually prevents proliferation, then the president said he’s prepared to sit down and have a conversation with him,” he said.

Garrett Marquis, a spokesman for the president’s National Security Council, later said in a statement the US would not lift any sanctions or re-establish diplomatic and commercial relations until “there are tangible, demonstrated, and sustained shifts in Tehran’s policies”.

“Until then,” he said, “the sting of sanctions will only grow more painful if the regime does not change course.”

Hamid Aboutalebi, one of Rouhani’s advisers, set his own conditions for any meeting with Trump, saying “respect for the great nation of Iran”, returning to the nuclear deal and a reduction in hostilities were needed first.

In a statement on his official website on Tuesday, Rouhani himself said that Trump’s withdrawal from the nuclear deal was “illegal”, and that the ball was “in Europe’s court” in terms of maintaining ties with Tehran.

“The Islamic Republic has never sought tension in the region and does not want any trouble in global waterways, but it will not easily give up on its rights to export oil,” Rouhani said.

Trump has long cast himself as a master negotiator who is most effective when he meets his counterparts face-to-face. He pointed to his recent one-on-ones with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and Russia president Vladimir Putin as examples of the benefits of such get-togethers, though both drew bipartisan criticism and doubts about the tangible progress achieved.

Trump’s apparent openness towards Iran comes a week after he threatened the country with “consequences the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered before”, in a late-night, all capital-letter tweet. The post followed Rouhani’s warning that “America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars.”

The US president told Rouhani in a tweet: “NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN”.

The message continued: “WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!”

Trump later tempered his threatening rhetoric, saying his administration stood ready for Iran to come back to the negotiating table. “We’re ready to make a real deal, not the deal that was done by the previous administration, which was a disaster,” he said.

Reaction to Trump’s latest offer was mixed among his critics in both parties on Capitol Hill, with Senator Dianne Feinstein, saying: “I actually think that’s a good idea.”

Republican Bob Corker, the Senate foreign relations committee chairman, characterised the overture as “fine” but only “as long as they are willing to talk about being a normal country in the future”.

It was “another recipe for bad outcomes”, said Democrat Bob Menendez. “It’s the same as North Korea,” he said. “No preconditions, no preparation. And what do we have? We have Kim Jong-un elevated from an international pariah to someone who seems like a legitimate statesman.”

CaptUSA
07-31-2018, 12:44 PM
Tomorrow's CNN headlne : Trump gives away all leverage in tense negotiations with Iran.

To be fair, McCain and Kristol hates Trump.

None of them want him to do any diplomacy with Kim or Putin and the rest of the gang.
I hope you can recognize the hypocrisy in all of this... If it were Obama making those statements, the right would be up in arms saying you can't put those leaders on equal footing with a US President. In fact, this was a key topic of the 2008 and 2012 debates. And the GOP lined up on the other side.

It's kinda amusing watching the dance.

Swordsmyth
07-31-2018, 01:51 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/31/trump-offer-to-meet-iran-president-rouhani-dismissed-by-both-sides

Turns out there aren't "no pre- conditions".

If Trump and Rouhani really want to meet they can overrule their subordinates, DJTvsg made the offer so the ball is now in Rouhani's court.

eleganz
07-31-2018, 08:14 PM
I hope you can recognize the hypocrisy in all of this... If it were Obama making those statements, the right would be up in arms saying you can't put those leaders on equal footing with a US President. In fact, this was a key topic of the 2008 and 2012 debates. And the GOP lined up on the other side.

It's kinda amusing watching the dance.

lol of course its very obvious but the left and right will always be caricatures of themselves.

Swordsmyth
08-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani said Saturday, “If the entire establishment makes a decision about it, we can negotiate with the United States.” Larijani, who is considered a hardliner, is close to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khameini. His comment, the first by a prominent regime official, indicates that the highest level of the Tehran regime is divided on its US policy.

https://www.debka.com/mivzak/first-iranian-leader-allows-possible-negotiations-with-the-us/

timosman
08-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani said Saturday, “If the entire establishment makes a decision about it, we can negotiate with the United States.” Larijani, who is considered a hardliner, is close to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khameini. His comment, the first by a prominent regime official, indicates that the highest level of the Tehran regime is divided on its US policy.

https://www.debka.com/mivzak/first-iranian-leader-allows-possible-negotiations-with-the-us/

Can our deep state meet their deep state just to get things going?:confused:

Swordsmyth
08-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Our deepstates are probably always in contact, we need to defeat them so we can make a show of making peace.

I'm going to beat Q to the punch and predict Venezuela comes after Iran.

Swordsmyth
09-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that the United States continually sends messages to Iran asking it to begin negotiations.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-sends-iran-messages-every-day-begin-negotiations-061129842.html

timosman
09-09-2018, 12:35 AM
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that the United States continually sends messages to Iran asking it to begin negotiations.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-sends-iran-messages-every-day-begin-negotiations-061129842.html

Bad strategy, Iran. I think you fucked up this one. :cool:

Swordsmyth
09-09-2018, 12:40 AM
Bad strategy, Iran. I think you $#@!ed up this one. :cool:

What is the point of not talking? They can always refuse to agree to anything they don't like.
Not only are they not talking but they are bragging about it which just makes them look like stupid jerks.

timosman
09-09-2018, 12:42 AM
What is the point of not talking? They can always refuse to agree to anything they don't like.
Not only are they not talking but they are bragging about it which just makes them look like stupid jerks.

What will be their excuse when they finally get to talk? :tears:

Swordsmyth
09-09-2018, 12:51 AM
What will be their excuse when they finally get to talk? :tears:
"We were told you would be thrown out of office by now"

timosman
09-09-2018, 12:54 AM
"We were told you would be thrown out of office by now"

I took Valerie's security clearance. It is time we talked. :cool:

nikcers
09-09-2018, 01:58 AM
Our deep state is in heat right now and likes to try to fuck everything, I don't think anyone wants to really meet with them.

TheCount
09-09-2018, 02:48 AM
"Please let me have another good PR moment, the NK one already wore off and the midterms are coming up soon"

UWDude
09-09-2018, 03:29 AM
"Please let me have another good PR moment, the NK one already wore off and the midterms are coming up soon"

The NK one has only worn off to rich white people obsessed with Cable news drama and politics.
Rest of the world still noticed.

TheCount
09-09-2018, 10:29 AM
The NK one has only worn off to rich white people obsessed with Cable news drama and politics.
Rest of the world still noticed.

As with most of the pre-celebrations of Trump's accomplishments-to-be, Trump failed to deliver on what he said was going to happen.

UWDude
09-09-2018, 11:43 AM
As with most of the pre-celebrations of Trump's accomplishments-to-be, Trump failed to deliver on what he said was going to happen.

Fool.
The Korean situation is the best it has ever been since the end of WW II.

So cover your eyes and ears, and stamp your feet some more, and insist it's not true, just like the long list of accomplishments I provided you with months ago.

Korea, Japan, China, billions of people in the area know to be true, what you claim is false... ..because your ego cant take much more LOSING.

TheCount
09-09-2018, 12:30 PM
Fool.

How? What has changed?

Ender
09-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Cancelling the Iran Agreement was one of the worst things Trump has done- if I were Iran's leader I would never trust Mr. Trump War-Monger.

timosman
09-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Cancelling the Iran Agreement was one of the worst things Trump has done- if I were Iran's leader I would never trust Mr. Trump War-Monger.

Would you trust John Kerry? :confused:

UWDude
09-09-2018, 01:33 PM
How? What has changed?

Huh?
What?
Where Am I?
What year is it?

Playing stupid suits you well.

TheCount
09-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Huh?
What?
Where Am I?
What year is it?

Playing stupid suits you well.
If answering what is really the only fundamental question on the issue is too much for you, maybe you should just go back to the_donald.

UWDude
09-09-2018, 03:10 PM
If answering what is really the only fundamental question on the issue is too much for you, maybe you should just go back to the_donald.

if
if
if

ifififififififififififififififif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

UWDude
09-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Here is one of the dozens of things that have changed since Trump and Kim met:

This one happens to be from today:

"North Korea Stages Huge Military Parade — Without Its ICBMs"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/09/world/asia/north-korea-parade-missiles.html

Every week there is more progress.
Perhaps if you actually paid attention, instead of arrogantly running your mouth about that which you obviously know nothing about, you could stop embarrassing yourself.

The whole "nut uh, nothing has happened, nothing has been accomplished since Trump took office" is such ludicrous detachment from reality.

Months ago I Gave you a long list.
What did you do?

You picked out two of the accomplishments, and berated them for what they were, not for the fact they weren't accomplishments, because they were all accomplishments.

Swordsmyth
09-19-2018, 10:22 PM
The United States is seeking to negotiate a treaty with Iran to include Tehran’s ballistic missile program and its regional behavior, the U.S. special envoy for Iran said on Wednesday ahead of U.N. meetings in New York next week.

“The new deal that we hope to be able to sign with Iran, and it will not be a personal agreement between two governments like the last one, we seek a treaty,” envoy Brian Hook told an audience at the Hudson Institute think tank.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nuclear-iran-hook/u-s-seeking-to-negotiate-a-treaty-with-iran-idUSKCN1LZ1Y8?il=0

Swordsmyth
09-21-2018, 12:31 AM
The United States is seeking to negotiate a treaty with Iran to include Tehran’s ballistic missile program and its regional behavior, the U.S. special envoy for Iran said on Wednesday ahead of U.N. meetings in New York next week.

“The new deal that we hope to be able to sign with Iran, and it will not be a personal agreement between two governments like the last one, we seek a treaty,” envoy Brian Hook told an audience at the Hudson Institute think tank.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nuclear-iran-hook/u-s-seeking-to-negotiate-a-treaty-with-iran-idUSKCN1LZ1Y8?il=0

Iran dismisses U.S. offer of talks (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-zarif-usa/iran-dismisses-u-s-offer-of-talks-says-washington-broke-last-deal-idUSKCN1M01XN)

Swordsmyth
09-25-2018, 11:32 PM
In a disclosure that the New York Times (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-says-trump-sought-meeting-with-president-8-times-at-un-last-year/ar-AAAhBhL?li=BBnbcA1) said showed "a previously undisclosed level of hostility among top Iranian officials toward President Trump", the paper reported Thursday that Iran had rejected eight requests from the White House for a meeting between Trump and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani during the United Nations General Assembly last year.

White House and State Department officials haven't responded to Iran's claim, made by Rouhani’s chief of staff, Mahmoud Vaezi, at a cabinet meeting. Reports of the remark first surfaced in Iranian state media. Iran’s Foreign Ministry has previously claimed that it denied a request for a meeting between the two leaders.

"Trump asked the Iranian delegation eight times to have a meeting with the president," Mr. Vaezi said.
Since then, Trump has withdrawn the US from the 2015 Iran deal and restored sanctions against the country in defiance of the wishes of Russia, China and our European partners. Iran was also included in Trump's travel ban, which was recently upheld by the Supreme Court. Despite this, Trump has also expressed a willingness to engage Iran and negotiate, though the two sides haven't had much, if any, contact.

"The biggest obstacle to a U.S.-Iran dialogue is not Trump but Khamenei," said Karim Sadjadpour, a senior fellow in the Middle East program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. "Trump flew halfway around the world to meet with Kim Jong-un. Khamenei hasn’t left Iran since 1989."
Obama and Mr. Rouhani spoke on the phone at the end of the 2013 General Assembly as the Iranian leader headed home. That was the first time an Iranian leader had spoken with a US President since the revolution.
Iranian officials also have threatened to renounce the nuclear accord if its European partners cannot find ways to bypass the American sanctions, which threaten penalties on all countries that engage economically with Iran. Hostilities have endured, and though Iran has expressed openness to engaging with the European Union and the accord's other partners, many fear it will soon collapse. But regardless of what happens, it doesn't appear the Iranians will be "engaging" with the Trump administration any time soon.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ting-iran-says (https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-19/white-house-asked-8-times-trump-rouhani-meeting-iran-says)

"No Preconditions": Trump Will Meet Iran's Rouhani "Anytime They Want" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?524826-quot-No-Preconditions-quot-Trump-Will-Meet-Iran-s-Rouhani-quot-Anytime-They-Want-quot)
Iran's Supreme Leader on Monday rejected U.S. President Donald Trump's offer of unconditional talks to improve bilateral ties and he also accused the Iranian government of economic mismanagement in the face of reimposed U.S. sanctions.
Washington reimposed the sanctions last week after pulling out of a 2015 international deal aimed at curbing Iran's nuclear programme in return for an easing of economic sanctions. Trump has also threatened to penalise companies that continue to operate in Iran.
"I ban holding any talks with America... America never remains loyal to its promises in talks," said Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has the final say on policy in the Islamic Republic.
"America's withdrawal from the nuclear deal is a clear proof that America cannot be trusted," state TV quoted Khamenei as telling a gathering attended by thousands of Iranians.
The sanctions target Iran's trade in gold and other precious metals, its purchases of U.S. dollars and its car industry.
Washington had said Iran's only chance of avoiding the sanctions would be to accept Trump's offer to negotiate for a tougher nuclear deal. Iranian officials already rejected the offer but it is the first time Khamenei has publicly commented.

More at: http://www.euronews.com/2018/08/13/i...to-talk-to-u-s (http://www.euronews.com/2018/08/13/iran-s-leader-orders-governent-not-to-talk-to-u-s)

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-sends-i...061129842.html (https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-sends-iran-messages-every-day-begin-negotiations-061129842.html)

Iran dismisses U.S. offer of talks (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-zarif-usa/iran-dismisses-u-s-offer-of-talks-says-washington-broke-last-deal-idUSKCN1M01XN)

LOL
Iran's Rouhani Blasts US For "Nazi Disposition," Dares Trump To "Return To Negotiating Table" (https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-25/irans-rouhani-blasts-us-nazi-disposition-dares-trump-return-negotiating-table?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedg e+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+fo r+everyone+drops+to+zero%29)

UWDude
10-01-2018, 11:24 AM

How? What has changed?

Landmines in DMZ to be cleared from Monday
http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=256216

Expect this thread to be kept alive a long time, just so I can keep rubbing your puppy face in your willfully ignorant mess you made on this forum.

GO OUTSIDE, IN THE REAL WORLD.

TheCount
10-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Landmines in DMZ to be cleared from Monday
http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=256216

Expect this thread to be kept alive a long time, just so I can keep rubbing your puppy face in your willfully ignorant mess you made on this forum.

GO OUTSIDE, IN THE REAL WORLD.
You seem triggered.

Was the clearing of land mines one of Trump's pre-celebrated accomplishments? Is it in the interests of Americans? Does it materially benefit them in some way?

UWDude
10-01-2018, 12:29 PM
You seem triggered.

Say whatever, puppy, Im still going to smear your face in this until the Koreas reunite.
Even then, you'll still be like "what progress. nothing is happening in Korea! Where am I? What's my name? What year is it?"

Was the clearing of land mines one of Trump's pre-celebrated accomplishments? Is it in the interests of Americans? Does it materially benefit them in some way?

Yes, yes, and yes.

TheCount
10-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Say whatever, puppy, Im still going to smear your face in this until the Koreas reunite.

Good luck with that.

Even then, you'll still be like "what progress. nothing is happening in Korea! Where am I? What's my name? What year is it?"

So triggered that a month after my original post - a month in which you were unable to think of or find any material accomplishment of Trump, something trivially relevant finally crossed your news feed (likely appeared on the front page of The_Donald while you were checking it) and you rushed back to this thread to post it.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-01-2018, 02:47 PM
...The_Donald...

Says the guy who calls himself "The" Count.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Good luck with that.

So triggered that a month after my original post - a month in which you were unable to think of or find any material accomplishment of Trump, something trivially relevant finally crossed your news feed (likely appeared on the front page of The_Donald while you were checking it) and you rushed back to this thread to post it.

I already gave you a list of Trump's dozens of accomplishments many, many months ago.
And yet you keep acting like that never happened, because you simply don't want to acknowledge how much he has accomplished.

I then posted one of the dozens of things that were happening in Korea. I chose the story I chose because it happened that day.
If you payed any attention, you would know there has been forward progress in Korea for almost a year now.

I can't believe you think I only posted this story recently because these are the only two positive steps that have happened in Korea since the summit. I can't believe you are actually that stupid and ignorant.

In fact, in the past month, there have been plenty of good things happening on the Korean peninsula.

It seems to me you are begging to have your face rubbed in it every time a new positive story comes out, so I will grant you that, puppy. It's almost as if you like having your nose rubbed in your ignorant shit.

GO OUTSIDE.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Good luck with that.

Also from today:

South Korean president discusses peace, joint Olympics with IOC chief

South Korean President Moon Jae-in discussed a joint Korean bid for the 2032 Summer Games with the world's top Olympic official Wednesday, 26 September 2018, emphasising the need for an early dialogue on the issue.

https://www.olympic.org/news/south-korean-president-discusses-peace-joint-olympics-with-ioc-chief

You like that smell, puppy?

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Good luck with that.

Here is another one, FROM TODAY... AGAIN

https://carnegieendowment.org/2018/10/01/challenge-and-opportunity-in-latest-inter-korean-military-agreement-pub-77388

A Challenge and an Opportunity in the Latest Inter-Korean Military Agreement

You like that, bitch? You like the smell of your own ignorant shit!?
GO OUTSIDE!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-01-2018, 03:07 PM
I can't believe you are actually that stupid and ignorant.

I think TheCount is actually pretty slick, at least in a textbook way. He's paid to divide people here.

I see RPFers talk all the time about the media, powers-that-be, etc. are always trying to divide people. That always struck me as abstract, but it's more concrete with TheCount.

If the RPFers want to see a real life example of trying to divide people, then they need look no further than right here on RPF.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Good luck with that.

I must be really lucky, because here is one from just a couple days ago:

The United States on Thursday returned the remains of 64 fallen South Korean soldiers to its ally in the largest such repatriation ever from the Hawaii-based lab that identifies missing service members from past wars.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/09/29/remains-64-south-korean-soldiers-returned-hickam.html

You like that smell, puppy? The smell of your own ignorant shit?

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Good luck with that.

I need to go to the Casino, because here is another one from just a month ago. I am so lucky.

Korean relatives bid emotional farewell after reunions
https://www.foxnews.com/world/korean-relatives-bid-emotional-farewell-after-reunions

The latest reunions come after a three-year hiatus during which North Korea conducted three nuclear tests and multiple missile launches that demonstrated a potential capability to strike the U.S. mainland.

You like that smell? wanna try to lick it off your chops, puppy?

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Good luck with that.

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Korean+news+&FORM=HDRSC6

There you go, puppy, find your own shit to rub in your own face.

I'm tired of holding your head down in it and listening to you whimper and whine, puppy.

GO OUTSIDE

TheCount
10-01-2018, 03:18 PM

The United States on Thursday returned the remains of 64 fallen South Korean soldiers to its ally in the largest such repatriation ever from the Hawaii-based lab that identifies missing service members from past wars.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/09/29/remains-64-south-korean-soldiers-returned-hickam.html

You like that smell, puppy? The smell of your own ignorant shit?

Dude. South Korea. Not North Korea. You didn't even read it.

You're hyperventilating. Try holding a paper bag over your mouth. If that doesn't work, put a plastic bag over your head and tying it shut around your neck.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:20 PM
I think TheCount is actually pretty slick, at least in a textbook way. He's paid to divide people here.

I see RPFers talk all the time about the media, powers-that-be, etc. are always trying to divide people. That always struck me as abstract, but it's more concrete with TheCount.

If the RPFers want to see a real life example of trying to divide people, then they need look no further than right here on RPF.

Watch this, three months from now, he is still going to claim there has been no forward progress in Korea.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Dude. South Korea. Not North Korea. You didn't even read it.

You're hyperventilating. Try holding a paper bag over your mouth. If that doesn't work, put a plastic bag over your head and tying it shut around your neck.

You must really like having your face rubbed in shit.

Maybe you can put some hersheys syrup on the end of your shotgun, and end all your losing.

Does it hurt to lose so bad? Try listening to some radiohead, and the cure... ..write a heart breaking letter about nobody loving you... ..and then do what you gotta do... puppy.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Watch this, three months from now, he is still going to claim there has been no forward progress in Korea.

I had that dipshit's rep bar in the red a few years ago. I then had a lot of work and never put him away like I should have!
:frog:

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Here you go, puppy!

Debunk all this, please.

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=K...s+&FORM=HDRSC6

TheCount
10-01-2018, 03:29 PM
I need to go to the Casino, because here is another one from just a month ago. I am so lucky.

Korean relatives bid emotional farewell after reunions
https://www.foxnews.com/world/korean-relatives-bid-emotional-farewell-after-reunions

You like that smell? wanna try to lick it off your chops, puppy?

Were you also lucky in 2015 and 2014?

Korean families torn by war six decades ago rejoice in reunions

Tue September 8, 2015

Families split by the war and division of North and South Korea will reunite in a brief series of meetings next month, South Korea's Unification Ministry said in a statement.

The Koreas have agreed to allow the reunion of 100 people from each country for six days from October 20 to 26. This will be the first meetings between divided families since February 2014.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea-reunions-idUSKCN0SE0A020151020

How about in these other years:
South Korean - North Korean family reunions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divided_family)

Aug 15-18, 2000: 1st round
Nov 30-Dec 2, 2000: 2nd round
Feb 26-28, 2001: 3rd round
Apr 28-May 3, 2002: 4th round
Sep 13-18, 2002: 5th round
Sep 13-18, 2003: 6th round
Jun 27-Jul 2, 2003: 7th round
Sep 20-25, 2003: 8th round
Mar 29(Apr 1?)-3, 2004: 9th round
Jul 11-16, 2004: 10th round
Aug 15, 2005: 1st video reunions
Aug 26-31, 2005: 11th round
Nov 5-10, 2005: 12th round
Nov 24-25, 2005: 2nd video reunions
Dec 8-9, 2005: 3rd video reunions
Mar 20-25, 2006: 13th round
Jun 19-30, 2006: 14th round
Feb 27-28, 2006: 4th video reunions
May 9–14, 2007: 15th round
Oct 17-22, 2007: 16th round
Sep 26-Oct 1, 2009: 17th round
Oct 30-Nov 5, 2010: 18th round

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Were you also lucky in 2015 and 2014?

Korean families torn by war six decades ago rejoice in reunions

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea-reunions-idUSKCN0SE0A020151020

How about in these other years:
South Korean - North Korean family reunions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divided_family)

Aug 15-18, 2000: 1st round
Nov 30-Dec 2, 2000: 2nd round
Feb 26-28, 2001: 3rd round
Apr 28-May 3, 2002: 4th round
Sep 13-18, 2002: 5th round
Sep 13-18, 2003: 6th round
Jun 27-Jul 2, 2003: 7th round
Sep 20-25, 2003: 8th round
Mar 29(Apr 1?)-3, 2004: 9th round
Jul 11-16, 2004: 10th round
Aug 15, 2005: 1st video reunions
Aug 26-31, 2005: 11th round
Nov 5-10, 2005: 12th round
Nov 24-25, 2005: 2nd video reunions
Dec 8-9, 2005: 3rd video reunions
Mar 20-25, 2006: 13th round
Jun 19-30, 2006: 14th round
Feb 27-28, 2006: 4th video reunions
May 9–14, 2007: 15th round
Oct 17-22, 2007: 16th round
Sep 26-Oct 1, 2009: 17th round
Oct 30-Nov 5, 2010: 18th round

Held off for three years. You miss that part?

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Get over here puppy, another one FROM TODAY

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/10/01/a-victory-for-diplomacy-on-the-korean-peninsula/

• “expand the cessation of military hostility in regions of confrontation such as the DMZ,” meaning no-fly zones and military exercises;
• “prevent accidental military clashes by promptly activating the Inter-Korean Joint Military Committee,” referring to setting an 80-kilometer maritime buffer area in the East and West Sea where shooting incidents have occurred;
• open “east-coast and west-coast rail and road connections”;
• restore (“normalize”) the previously closed Mt. Gumgang tourist area and the Kaesong Industrial Zone, once signature joint projects;
• “open a permanent facility for family reunion meetings”;
• bid to jointly host the 2032 Olympic Games;
• “permanently dismantle the Dongchang-ri missile engine test site and launch platform” under international inspection;
• prepare for Kim Jong-un to visit Seoul, the first time a North Korean leader would do so.

You like that smell of humiliation?

PierzStyx
10-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Yes, it is. If you cannot trust the person you're negotiating with then there is no point in negotiating because they'll betray you as soon as possible.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:39 PM
September 22nd was only a week ago puppy.
Breathe it in... breathe it in, and remember to go outside next time.

Building Confidence in Denuclearization: A Roadmap for the Korean Peninsula
https://thediplomat.com/2018/09/building-confidence-in-denuclearization-a-roadmap-for-the-korean-peninsula/

When South Korean President Moon Jae-in and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un met in Pyongyang last week, in their third meeting of 2018, they were able to agree a fairly substantial package of activities on developing inter-Korean relations and on military risk reduction. So substantial that, although Moon has to date managed to avoid this agenda moving too far ahead of U.S.-North Korean talks on denuclearization, there is now a real risk that this may soon be the case.

Does it stink, puppy? Does it stink? Or are you starting to think about eating it?

PierzStyx
10-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Fool.

So cover your eyes and ears, and stamp your feet some more, and insist it's not true, just like the long list of accomplishments I provided you with months ago.

Korea, Japan, China, billions of people in the area know to be true, what you claim is false... ..because your ego cant take much more LOSING.

This is true. But it has nothing to do with ol' Fire & Fury. It is better than it has been in decades because the peoples of North and South Korea are working to make it better. Trump is just the fat American trying to claim the glory. Reality is that the Koreas, just like all other foriegn nations, don't need America to work out their problems. They can do it all on their own.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:41 PM

Only one minor story, puppy? Is that all?

I don't think you have learned your lesson yet.

GO OUTSIDE PUPPY. THINK BEFORE YOU SHIT OUT YOUR MOUTH.

PierzStyx
10-01-2018, 03:42 PM

Excellent point. I would love to see Iran be allowed to open up. That wa sthe best point of Obama's Presidency. But Trump clearly isn't going to do anything serious about the issue. Just look at whole he has in charge of everything.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:44 PM
This is true. But it has nothing to do with ol' Fire & Fury. It is better than it has been in decades because the peoples of North and South Korea are working to make it better. Trump is just the fat American trying to claim the glory. Reality is that the Koreas, just like all other foriegn nations, don't need America to work out their problems. They can do it all on their own.

What utter bullshit. Yeah it was lookign real good under Obama, what with the sinking of the Cheonan and all that.

GTFO with that bullshit.

This wouldn't be happening without Trump.

I understand Trump and Xi are the ones with the knives in Korea.

And I get that "all" Trump is doing, is offering to pull the knife out that should have never been in in the first place.
I get it.

But don't try to bullshit me about how Trump is just lucky. This wouldn't be happening under Clinton, and it didn't happen under Obama.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 03:45 PM
But Trump clearly....

Don't act like you have a god damned clue about Trump's strategy.
The guy is full of surprises.

And even if you do have a clue, it is not "clear".

homahr
10-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Excellent point. I would love to see Iran be allowed to open up. That wa sthe best point of Obama's Presidency. But Trump clearly isn't going to do anything serious about the issue. Just look at whole he has in charge of everything.

Trump’s Iran Obsession and the Forever War in Syria (https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/trumps-iran-obsession-and-the-forever-war-in-syria/)

The U.S. special representative for Syria confirmed (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-syria-us-takes-on-new-goal-iranian-retreat/2018/09/30/625c182a-c27f-11e8-97a5-ab1e46bb3bc7_story.html?utm_term=.cdef7587d6a2) [1] that the administration’s policy is one of forever war in Syria (https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/trumps-forever-war-in-syria/) [2]:

James Jeffrey, the State Department’s special representative for Syria, said the United States would maintain a presence in the country, possibly including an extended military mission, until Iran withdraws the soldiers and militia forces it commands. U.S. officials expect that possible outcome only after world powers broker a deal ending the war.

It is tempting to refer to this as mission creep, but this is really a case of beginning a completely new, different, and unrelated mission as an excuse to keep U.S. forces in Syria indefinitely. Keeping U.S. troops in Syria until Iran “retreats” gives Iran an easy way to dictate our policy for us. They have no reason to withdraw, and our illegal presence in Syria puts no pressure on them to leave. On the contrary, a continued, illegal U.S. presence in Syria is not going to make Iran more inclined to withdraw its forces. It gives them added incentive to do what they were already going to do. Because withdrawal is something that this administration is demanding of Iran, it is the last thing that Iran’s government is going to want to do.

Besides the sheer illegality of the mission that the administration is proposing, the most striking thing is that it has absolutely no connection to U.S. or allied security. Iran’s military presence in Syria may not be desirable, but their evacuation from Syria isn’t necessary for the security of the United States or any treaty allies. Iran and Syria have been allies for decades, and Iran’s support for the Syrian government has only strengthened that relationship. Unless and until the Syrian government no longer wants them there, Iran has no reason to leave, and both governments have no reason to pay attention to Washington’s preferences.

The administration’s bankrupt Iran policy and its illegal war in Syria have joined together to create a truly dangerous and reckless commitment that could bog the U.S. down in part of Syria for a long time to come. Keeping U.S. forces in Syria until Iran withdraws all its troops and proxies would be a multi-decade undertaking:

According to one Western diplomat, Iran has spent tens of billions of dollars in Syria and lost thousands of fighters in support of the Assad regime. If the United States keeps a military presence in Syria for as long as the Iranians, that would mean “decades at the very least,” said the diplomat, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss American policy.

The U.S. is very bad at ending its open-ended military missions around the world. If Trump is allowed to get away with maintaining an illegal military presence in Syria, it is quite possible that the mission could last long after he leaves office. The time for stopping it and bringing U.S. forces out of Syria is now, because in another few years the blatantly illegal policy will have become accepted as just one more in a string of illegal presidential wars.

It can’t be emphasized strongly enough that U.S. forces have no authorization to be in Syria for any reason, and every day that Trump keeps them there he is violating the Constitution.

The Iran Obsession and the Despicable War on Yemen (https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/the-iran-obsession-and-the-despicable-war-on-yemen/)

Mohamad Bazzi comments (https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/09/iran-yemen-saudi-arabia/571465/) [1] on the role of the Trump administration’s Iran obsession in continuing its support for the Saudi coalition war on Yemen:

Blinded by its obsession with Iran, the Trump administration is perpetuating an unwinnable war and undermining the likelihood of a political settlement.

As I have been saying for well over a year, the administration’s Iran obsession poisons everything. Treating Iran as the source and cause of all the region’s woes isn’t just shoddy analysis, but it also becomes a rationalization for lots of terrible policy decisions that have serious costs for the U.S. and for the other countries involved. We are seeing that happen with the administration’s Syria policy, and we have been seeing it in Yemen for the last twenty months. Trying to blame Iran for the conflict in Yemen is wrong as a matter of fact, but that naturally hasn’t stopped the administration from casting blame on a government that has very little to do with the war there while whitewashing the abuses and crimes of the governments that the administration arms and supports.

Iran’s role in Yemen has been minimal all along, but Trump administration officials have made a point of exaggerating it and focusing on it to the exclusion of almost everything else. The fixation on Iran is unfortunate for several reasons. It promotes serious misunderstanding about the causes of the war and who is responsible for Yemen’s current plight. It distracts attention from the governments that are regularly committing war crimes against the civilian population. Finally, and most damning of all, it treats Yemeni civilians as expendable pawns in a quarrel with Iran that has nothing to do with them or their country. Helping to destroy and starve Yemen in a vain effort to combat Iranian “expansionism” is one of the most perverse and despicable policies of our time, and it is all the more so because there is no such expansionism to oppose. Even if there were, it wouldn’t justify what our government is helping the Saudi coalition do to Yemen, but the fact that there isn’t makes the policy that much worse.

Since the Trump administration isn’t going to do anything to rein in the Saudis and Emiratis, Bazzi concludes that Congress will have to do it:

The only realistic check left is in Congress, where more voices are asking why the world’s most powerful country is helping to perpetuate the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

That’s right, and that is why the House needs to pass H.Con.Res. 138 as soon as possible.

Ender
10-01-2018, 05:01 PM
From The Ron Paul Institute:

Lawrence Wilkerson: ‘Irreconcilable Elements’ Stand in Way of Korean Deal

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2018/september/27/lawrence-wilkerson-irreconcilable-elements-stand-in-way-of-korean-deal/

TheCount
10-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Hey, here's an uplifting story on Korean removal of mines on the DMZ:

Thursday, 19 September, 2002, 06:54 GMT 07:54 UK

Koreas begin demining border

South and North Korean troops have begun clearing landmines from the heavily-fortified Demilitarised Zone (DMZ) that separates the two countries.

Dignitaries watched as about 100 South Korean soldiers, some armed, others carrying demining gear, marched through a previously locked barbed wire gate into the treacherous buffer zone.

South Korean officials said a similar event was taking place in the North.

The work is aimed at clearing two 250-metre (277-yard) corridors through the border so that road and rail links can be reconnected for the first time since the Korean War half a century ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2267773.stm

Ooops, wait, that's from 2002.

TheCount
10-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Held off for three years. You miss that part?

Held off for 4 years between 2010 and 2014. You miss that part?

Anti Globalist
10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Leave Iran alone please.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Held off for 4 years between 2010 and 2014. You miss that part?

LoL

Little puppy still crying about having his face rammed into his own poop.

TheCount
10-01-2018, 05:22 PM
LoL

Little puppy still crying about having his face rammed into his own poop.

Were you calling Obama a Savior (capitals required) when they had reunions in 2014?

Trump is the closest thing to a Savior America has seen

UWDude
10-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Were you calling Obama a Savior (capitals required) when they had reunions in 2014?

Not again, puppy....

• “expand the cessation of military hostility in regions of confrontation such as the DMZ,” meaning no-fly zones and military exercises;
• “prevent accidental military clashes by promptly activating the Inter-Korean Joint Military Committee,” referring to setting an 80-kilometer maritime buffer area in the East and West Sea where shooting incidents have occurred;
• restore (“normalize”) the previously closed Mt. Gumgang tourist area and the Kaesong Industrial Zone, once signature joint projects;
• “permanently dismantle the Dongchang-ri missile engine test site and launch platform” under international inspection;
• prepare for Kim Jong-un to visit Seoul, the first time a North Korean leader would do so.

UWDude
10-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Not again, puppy....

you must really like licking your chops after I rub your face in your mess

Ender
10-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Leave Iran alone please.

Let us pray.

homahr
10-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Leave Iran alone please.

Trump Has Nothing But Contempt for the Iranian People (https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/trump-has-nothing-but-contempt-for-the-iranian-people/)

Another excerpt from Trump’s strange press conference (https://www.vox.com/2018/9/26/17907608/trump-kavanaugh-rosenstein-press-conference-un-nafta-full-text-transcript) [1] stands out for its sheer lack of empathy:

It doesn’t matter what world leaders think on Iran. Iran is going to come back to me and they’re going to make a good deal. I think. Maybe not. Deals, you never know, but they’re suffering greatly. They’re having riots in every city, far greater than they were during the green period with President Obama. Far greater. When President Obama stuck up for government, not the people, he probably would have had a much different Iran had he not done that. But I’m sticking up for the people. I am with the people of Iran.
But here is the thing. They have rampant inflation. Their money is worthless. Everything is going wrong. They have riots in the street. You can’t buy bread, you can’t do anything. It is a disaster [bold mine-DL].

Trump’s statement is equal parts delusion and cruelty. On the one hand, he imagines that he can humiliate Iran into accepting far worse terms. That won’t happen, but he is incapable of putting himself in their position so he can’t grasp why. He lies that the current protests are bigger than the Green movement protests, and then displays his ignorance of the latter by suggesting that there would have been a major change in the regime if the protesters had prevailed. Trump also lies about his predecessor as usual, claiming that Obama “stuck up for government” because Obama chose not to insert the U.S. into the middle of an internal Iranian dispute. At no time did Obama defend or “stick up” for the Iranian government when it was repressing protesters in 2009-10, but since Trump is just repeating warmed-over Iran hawk talking points he wouldn’t know that.

The truly delusional part is the claim that he is “with the people of Iran” when every action he has taken with respect to Iran has been to punish and harm the people of Iran. First he banned Iranian nationals from coming to the U.S., then reneged on the nuclear deal most Iranians supported, and further injured them by reimposing nuclear sanctions without the slightest justification. Trump is now using U.S. power to strangle Iran’s economy and cut it off from the world’s financial institutions, which is already having the effect of preventing the import of vital medicines, and as the sanctions grow tighter it will impoverish the population still more. Trump is carrying out a policy of collective punishment, he boasts about the terrible effects it is having on the economy, and yet he has the gall to say that he is “sticking up for the people.” On the contrary, he is trampling them and kicking them while they are down. It takes a genuinely callous person to tout the great suffering of people that you have caused and then congratulate yourself for being on their side.

Zippyjuan
10-02-2018, 04:07 PM

You like that smell, puppy? The smell of your own ignorant $#@!?

Trump said North Korea was going to provide us with 200 remains. Only 55 boxes of assorted bones were delivered- and that wasn't until a month after Trump claimed 200 were already turned over. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-remains/trump-says-north-korea-has-returned-remains-of-200-us-war-dead-idUSKBN1JH05L

Trump says North Korea has returned remains of 200 U.S. war dead

DULUTH, Minn. (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said North Korea had returned on Wednesday the remains of 200 U.S. troops missing from the Korean War, although there was no official confirmation of the move from military authorities.

“We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains sent back today, already 200 got sent back,” Trump told a crowd of supporters during a rally in Duluth, Minnesota.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-may-have-been-played-by-north-korea-on-mia-soldier-remains

While North Korea may says the remains it returned this week were “discovered” by farmers, U.S. intelligence has reported that Pyongyang has warehoused perhaps hundreds of U.S. remains to slowly sell back to Washington for cash. In other cases, Pyongyang has returned mingled and misidentified remains and, in the case of case of a non-American but allied POW/MIA, the bones returned by North Korea turned out to be animal remains.

TheCount
10-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Not again, puppy....

That all looks rather future-y to me. But don't let that stop you from pre-celebrating these non-achievements.

Zippyjuan
10-02-2018, 04:18 PM
That all looks rather future-y to me. But don't let that stop you from pre-celebrating these non-achievements.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/19/north-korea-shut-missile-test-summit-kim-jong-un-moon

North Korea will shut down key missile test facilities in the presence of “international experts” and is willing to close its only known nuclear complex if the United States makes reciprocal measures, South Korean president Moon Jae-in has announced in a joint press conference with Kim Jong-un.

Both sides expect the other to make major moves first.

UWDude
10-20-2018, 12:07 AM

Do you make a mess again, puppy?

Alright , I gotta rub your face in your mess again, puppy

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527623-S-Korea-US-Suspend-Additional-Military-Exercise

https://www.malaymail.com/s/1684774/us-s.-korea-suspend-additional-military-exercise-says-pentagon

You smell that puppy? That's the stink of being a total, delusional loser all over your face, puppy.

TheCount
10-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Do you make a mess again, puppy?

Alright , I gotta rub your face in your mess again, puppy

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527623-S-Korea-US-Suspend-Additional-Military-Exercise

https://www.malaymail.com/s/1684774/us-s.-korea-suspend-additional-military-exercise-says-pentagon

You smell that puppy? That's the stink of being a total, delusional loser all over your face, puppy.

It's really bothering you, isn't it?

eleganz
10-20-2018, 08:50 PM

Everything in DC is for optics. When Rand filibustered, it was for optics and we cheer-leaded like our lives depended on it.

So Trump does something libertarians like, but does it for optics, its suddenly bad?

As if libertarians were not already known for self-interest being a pillar of the ideology.

Someone remind me.... Tf Trump triggers you so much that you go against your own ideology, is that a clear symptom of TDS?

The Zippy syndrome is infecting RPF like HIV in Los Angeles.

TheCount
10-21-2018, 11:19 AM
So Trump does something libertarians like, but does it for optics, its suddenly bad?

If something is actually accomplished, I will applaud it. What I'm mocking is the pre-celebration of Trump's accomplishments before they happen. The whole reason the NK PR "wore off" is because it was, in the language of Trumpkins, a big fat nothing burger. It was a a diplomatic "mission accomplished" banner.

See also: All of these October announcements of "we're going to repeal Obamacare for real this time guys" and "we're going to cut the budget for real this time guys," and "we're going to cut taxes but for the middle class this time guys," and so on.

It's not about going against libertarianism, it's about not being a credulous moron who believes everything that comes out of the mouth of a pathological liar.

RJB
10-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Someone remind me.... Tf Trump triggers you so much that you go against your own ideology, is that a clear symptom of TDS?

The Zippy syndrome is infecting RPF like HIV in Los Angeles..

What is the ideology that Zippy and the Count profess?

UWDude
10-21-2018, 04:39 PM
If something is actually accomplished, I will applaud it.

Don't even act like you have been paying attention to anything, puppy. You aren't paying enough attention to know what is going on in Korea, or if anything is being accomplished. All you know is what I rub your face in, puppy. Then you google after the fact. Do you think that is it? Dozens of other stories of goodwill have come from Korea. I've been paying attention the whole time, so I have been reading them, while you... have been reading, fake news.

Calling off Freedom Guardian, and now calling off Vigilant Ace is Huge.

Just like all the other things, that have been happening, all at once.

Go outside puppy, wash your face off in the grass.

enhanced_deficit
10-21-2018, 09:17 PM
Everything in DC is for optics.. .

Good point.

He says many things on both sides of almost any given issue, what matters is what he does.

Assuming this headline is not fakenews, does he have permission from his largest donor and Israeli lobby funder Hon. Sheldon Sdelson to do anything other than following Netanyahu's agenda/imposing sanctions on Iran/raising war tensions?

Trump's sanctions against Iran are a clear breach of international law
theguardian
Aug 8, 2018

https://lobelog.com/wp-content/uploads/Adelson-Netanyahu.jpg

https://3wrxqs36sylaoef0l2imhgz1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Trump-puppet-Sarah-RogersThe-Daily-Beast-e1478799210815-670x400.jpg

Last minute, Adelson flushes Trump campaign with cash
jpost
Nov 1, 2016 - Son of Republican mega-donor Adelson holds 'Vote for Hillary' sign in ... Adelson donated to Donald Trump's campaign for president in a big ...

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2017.12/article/5a43d295fc7e93617d8b4567.jpg

Related

Pre-election Fakenews:

Trump says he will be fair to both Israel and Palestinians

Post-election Realnews:

https://therealnews.com/stories/trump-abandons-all-pretense-of-being-a-fair-broker-in-the-israel-palestinian-conflict

https://admin62b4b.davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Untitled-102-2.jpg

Trump Abandons All Pretense of Being a ‘Fair Broker’ in the Israel-Palestinian Conflict
September 11, 2018
Gideon Levy explains that the US is doing everything to disempower, humiliate and weaken Palestinian representation.

After Donald Trump was elected president, he immediately made it very clear that he will take the side of the state of Israel, the occupying power, over Palestinians who live under Israeli occupation. He appointed right-wing Zionist religious Jews as a team for handling U.S. participation in the peace process: David Friedman, Jason Greenblatt, and Jared Kushner. And the policies that the U.S. adopted regarding Palestinians has been a series of attacks: moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, defunding UNRWA, the UN agency for the care of Palestinian refugees, and defunding the Palestinian Authority. Last week, the U.S. defunded hospitals in East Jerusalem to the tune of $25 million. And this week it closed the office of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, the PLO, in Washington, D.C., and threatened the Palestinian Authority not to appeal to the International Criminal Court in the Hague against Israeli war crimes. Here’s the announcement that John Bolton made on Monday.
JOHN BOLTON: Today, reflecting congressional concern with Palestinian attempts to prompt an ICC investigation of Israel, the Department of State will announce the closure of the Palestine Liberation Organization office here in Washington, D.C. And the Trump administration will not keep the office open when the Palestinians refuse to take steps to start direct and meaningful negotiations with Israel. The United States supports a direct and robust peace process, and we will not allow the ICC or any other organization to constrain Israel’s right to self defense.

October 3, 2018
US Officially Sends Largest Ever $38 Billion Military Aid Package to Israel (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527183-US-Officially-Sends-Largest-Ever-38-Billion-Military-Aid-Package-to-Israel&)
Despite some conspiracy theories / innuendos in parts of left wing media, hard to imagine that MAGA could be easily intimidated by likes of Andrew Adler of Atlanta Threat Scandal (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?522256-Trump-is-a-Friend-of-Zion&p=6628976&viewfull=1#post6628976) or blackmailed by likes of actors behind Kushner McGreevey honey-pot sex scandals (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?522256-Trump-is-a-Friend-of-Zion&p=6628976&viewfull=1#post6628976) into following neocons' pushed Syria/Iran war policies. MAGA seems too bold and upright to be victim of such manipulations. Financial inducement seems to be more plausible factor.

Trump cuts more than $200 million in U.S. aid to Palestinians
Aug 24, 2018 - WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is cutting more than $200 million in aid to the Palestinians, the State Department said on Friday.

May 14, 2018
Mega-donor Adelson, with access and influence, scores two pro- Israel victories (https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article211098039.html)

After relocating from Tel Aviv, the U.S. embassy officially opened in Jerusalem. Israel prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, thanked President Donald Trump for making the move.
By Peter Stone, Special McClatchy Correspondent

These are heady days for casino billionaire and megadonor Sheldon Adelson.
A passionate and hawkish advocate for Israel with close ties to its prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, Adelson was in Jerusalem today for a celebration of the U.S. embassy’s relocation to that city, a longstanding priority for the mogul. Similarly, Adelson had pushed hard for President Donald Trump to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal, which happened last week.
And the day after that announcement, Adelson quietly slipped into the White House for a private meeting with Trump and three top administration officials: Vice President Mike Pence, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and an Adelson favorite, National Security Adviser John Bolton, according to two conservative sources familiar with the previously unreported private event.

http://www.nydailynews.com/resizer/G5Z0ybb34n9C8kxtKaK82V0pHd8=/1400x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/7Y3DH4IUH3TXMR2P5OQJKPTFHQ.jpg

https://video.newsserve.net/700/v/20170409/1704091538-Ivanka-May-Have-Convinced-Trump-To-Bomb-Syria.jpg

TheCount
10-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Don't even act like you have been paying attention to anything, puppy. You aren't paying enough attention to know what is going on in Korea, or if anything is being accomplished. All you know is what I rub your face in, puppy.

I lived in Korea for a few years, am rather well acquainted with it, and I notice when it pops up in the news. I've also seen the rapprochement hamster wheel there at work for a couple of decades. Maybe this time will be different, but thus far all of your supposed

Dozens of other stories of goodwill have come from Korea.
are all things which have happened before and did not yield the ends which you seem to think are imminent. During the Clinton presidency things got much further along than they are right now. Maybe things will be different this time. Maybe not. Either way, celebrations are premature.

https://www.history.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_860/MTU3ODc4NjAxMzY4MzQ4Mzgz/image-placeholder-title.webp

UWDude
10-21-2018, 11:48 PM
I lived in Korea for a few years, am rather well acquainted with it, and I notice when it pops up in the news. I've also seen the rapprochement hamster wheel there at work for a couple of decades. Maybe this time will be different, but thus far all of your supposed

More puppy shit on the carpet. You just don't pay attention, puppy.

During the Clinton presidency things got much further along than they are right now.

"much further"

More shit.

How many times did Clinton meet Kim Jung Il?
How many times were two exercises in a row canceled, in the 90's?

You must love having your face rubbed in it, puppy.

eleganz
10-22-2018, 12:34 AM
If something is actually accomplished, I will applaud it. What I'm mocking is the pre-celebration of Trump's accomplishments before they happen. The whole reason the NK PR "wore off" is because it was, in the language of Trumpkins, a big fat nothing burger. It was a a diplomatic "mission accomplished" banner.

See also: All of these October announcements of "we're going to repeal Obamacare for real this time guys" and "we're going to cut the budget for real this time guys," and "we're going to cut taxes but for the middle class this time guys," and so on.

It's not about going against libertarianism, it's about not being a credulous moron who believes everything that comes out of the mouth of a pathological liar.

Oh boo fkn hoo...

Tax cuts were great, you never even saw it coming. Everyday Americans have more jobs to interview for, upward mobility, extra holiday bonuses, a little more every paycheck. Not everybody benefited but to say that middle class didn't benefit is plain ignorant of even libertarian values. We always pushed for tax cuts and now that taxes have been cut, at a larger scale than we ever thought would happen, oh suddenly its not "middle class" enough. Spare me the drama man. I see you're only 4 years in on this forum so maybe you need more time to understand tax cuts and what it does for an economy and what the most recent cuts has already done for this economy.

Obamacare not being repealed? That Trump's fault too? Everybody was on board, and McCain screwed it up out of spite. We were all watching, don't pretend you don't know what happened.

Your posts lead me to believe that no, you won't give credit where due because things have been accomplished and you just continue to hold onto your libertarian purity like a baby's blankey.

If Ron met with Kim Jung Un and set a path to denuclearization and end to the Korean war before year two was done, you'd be out of Kleenex.

TheCount
02-13-2019, 10:16 PM
Bump

Swordsmyth
02-13-2019, 10:31 PM
Bump

The ball is in their court.

enhanced_deficit
02-13-2019, 10:47 PM
The ball is in their court.

They being who?

In unrelated news, was this a terrorist attack?

Nearly 2 Dozen Iranian Revolutionary Guards Reportedly Killed In Suicide Bomb Attack On Bus
February 13, 2019
A bomb attack on a Revolutionary Guards bus in Iran's Sistan and Baluchestan Province Wednesday killed some 40 people.

A truck bomb attack on a bus carrying members of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, killed 27 Guards and wounded 13 others in the southeastern Sistan and Baluchistan Province on Wednesday, according to Iranian media reports.

Israel might expand covert war against Iran beyond Syria in coming year
A reduction has noted in weapons shipments, funds to Iran’s Syria project
By Anna Ahronheim
February 13, 2019

Swordsmyth
02-13-2019, 10:49 PM
They being who?
Iran, they are the ones who refuse to talk.

In unrelated news, was this a terrorist attack?

Nearly 2 Dozen Iranian Revolutionary Guards Reportedly Killed In Suicide Bomb Attack on bus
February 13, 2019
A bomb attack on a Revolutionary Guards bus in Iran's Sistan and Baluchestan Province Wednesday killed some 40 people.

A truck bomb attack on a bus carrying members of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, killed 27 Guards and wounded 13 others in the southeastern Sistan and Baluchistan Province on Wednesday, according to Iranian media reports.

Israel might expand covert war against Iran beyond Syria in coming year
A reduction has noted in weapons shipments, funds to Iran’s Syria project
By Anna Ahronheim
February 13, 2019
What do you think?

TheCount
05-09-2019, 04:09 AM
Bump

Swordsmyth
05-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Bump

They still refuse to talk.

Trump's policy so far may not be what it should but he has offered to talk and they have refused.

Swordsmyth
06-18-2019, 12:50 AM
Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzo conveyed a message (https://www.rferl.org/a/supreme-leader-tells-japan-pm-iran-wont-negotiate-with-us-again/29997490.html) from US President Donald Trump to the Iranian leadership, asking the release of 5 US prisoners and inviting Iran to sit around a negotiation table, adding “he [Donald Trump] would be ready to suspend all sanctions only during the negotiations”. No guarantee was offered to freeze or revoke the sanctions. Sayyed Ali Khamenei, the Leader of the revolution, rejected the message and any dialogue with the US President and told his guest that he considers Trump unworthy to “to exchange a message with (https://twitter.com/khamenei_ir/status/1139098803024347136)”.

More at: https://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-offered-suspend-sanctions-while-negotiating-iran-khamenei-rejected-offer-more-attacks-expected/5680867

TheCount
10-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Bump

Swordsmyth
10-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Iran is still the one refusing to talk.

TheCount
06-13-2020, 12:26 PM
Bump

Swordsmyth
06-13-2020, 04:29 PM
Iran is still the one refusing to talk.