PDA

View Full Version : Federal Judge Rules Normal Kids Must Share Restroom With “Transgender” Students

Swordsmyth
07-27-2018, 07:33 PM
A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against a school district in Oregon that allows students who identify as “transgender” to use locker rooms and restrooms of the gender with which they supposedly identify, rather than compelling them to use facilities of their biological sex.

A group of parents whose children attend the high school in Dallas, Oregon, had filed the lawsuit in an effort to overturn the policy, charging that it causes “embarrassment, humiliation, anxiety, intimidation, fear, apprehension, and stress” for students forced to share facilities with students of the opposite sex.

In a nearly 60-page decision (https://aclu-or.org/sites/default/files/field_documents/07252018_parents_for_privacy_opinion_order.pdf), U.S. District Judge Marco Hernandez sided with transgender students, ruling that the normal high-school students “do not have a fundamental privacy right to not share school restrooms, lockers, and showers with transgender students whose biological sex is different than theirs.”

To the chagrin of parents whose children attend schools in Oregon, Hernandez insisted: “The potential threat that a high school student might see or be seen by someone of the opposite biological sex while either are undressing or performing bodily functions in a restroom, shower, or locker room does not give rise to a constitutional violation.”

Judge Hernandez said that for those parents who have a problem with boys in girls’ locker rooms (and vice versa), they are free to send their children to a different school. “It is within their right to remove their children from Dallas High School if they disapprove of transgender student access to facilities,” Hernandez wrote in his ruling.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/29648-federal-judge-rules-normal-kids-must-share-restroom-with-transgender-students

Zippyjuan
07-27-2018, 08:21 PM
Do we really need the government telling people which bathroom to use?

Do we need "bathroom police" to check people on the way in?

Swordsmyth
07-27-2018, 08:25 PM

The school must, the alternative is to end government schools, a compromise is school vouchers so parents could send their children to a school that had the bathroom rules that they agreed with.

phill4paul
07-27-2018, 08:32 PM

Absolutely! Every shithouse should be open to anyone and stripped of any privacy as it was when I was in the military. Just a bunch of open commodes and sinks. Egalatarian for the win!

dannno
07-27-2018, 08:48 PM

Do we really need the school (aka government) to force the normie kids to go to these compulsory educational institutions and use these facilities with students of the opposite sex if it is something that they don't want to do?

They said they could pull the kids out of the school, but if this is a public school and parents are forced to pay for it and they live in the area then all of a sudden they change the rules like this it arguably unfair - they should have some reasonable expectations regarding the safety and privacy of their children at the school.

And yes, typically gender is enforced in schools and most restrooms historically - there is an exception for very young children going to the restroom with a parent guardian of the opposite sex. And hot chicks at football games.

timosman
07-27-2018, 08:51 PM
Absolutely! Every shithouse should be open to anyone and stripped of any privacy as it was when I was in the military. Just a bunch of open commodes and sinks. Egalatarian for the win!

The nation has been at war for 17 years. It is time the sheep started to realize that!:D

oyarde
07-27-2018, 09:09 PM

I agree , property tax and public schools should be eliminated May of 2019 at the latest. Probably no longer need judge hernandez in oregon as well . He should get a real job.

thoughtomator
07-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Have every male in the school declare identification as female and demand access to the bathroom, locker room, and female sports teams. Win statewide championships in every sport.

Sooner or later something will break and we can get back to common sense. But until then, if this kind of nonsense is fair play, then it's fair play for everyone.

Occam's Banana
07-28-2018, 10:13 AM

Do we need it? No.

But if you want "public" schools, then you're going to get it, anyway, whether you "need" it or not ...

(Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas; lay down with government, get up with "bathroom police" et alia ad infinitum et nauseam.)

tod evans
07-28-2018, 10:36 AM
Fruitcakes...

CaptUSA
07-28-2018, 10:55 AM
The things that get subjects worked up. :rolleyes:

The answer is not “better” or “fairer” government, it’s less government.

I don’t care what happens in government schools. If you use them, you get what you deserve

Zippyjuan
07-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Have every male in the school declare identification as female and demand access to the bathroom, locker room, and female sports teams. Win statewide championships in every sport.

Sooner or later something will break and we can get back to common sense. But until then, if this kind of nonsense is fair play, then it's fair play for everyone.

Boys must wear blue and girls must wear pink so we can tell easier.

acptulsa
07-28-2018, 11:24 AM
The school must, the alternative is to end government schools, a compromise is school vouchers so parents could send their children to a school that had the bathroom rules that they agreed with.

Yeah, right. Vouchers: A GOP ploy to make private schools jump through government hoops.

Just another one of the fine screwings you can get when you indulge in blind partisanship.

phill4paul
07-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Fruitcakes...

San Fran has worked it out. They just shit in the street there. Now that's progressive problem solving!

Anti Federalist
07-28-2018, 11:50 AM

Not until the weirdosexuals and circus freaks came out of the closet, we didn't.

Anti Federalist
07-28-2018, 11:51 AM
The things that get subjects worked up. :rolleyes:

The answer is not “better” or “fairer” government, it’s less government.

I don’t care what happens in government schools. If you use them, you get what you deserve

Yes, this.

Reason to homeschool number 74391.

tod evans
07-28-2018, 11:55 AM
Could this be the reason they started the "anti-bullying" campaign several years ago?

Children used to regulate odd behavior on their own....

And..................Parents and teachers let them!

Danke
07-28-2018, 12:38 PM
On my niece and nephew's

School registration form:

Gender Pronoun
District Alternative Gender
Facilities Access
Co/Extra-curricular Activities

...Endearing Engendering

oyarde
07-28-2018, 12:53 PM
On my niece and nephew's

School registration form:

Gender Pronoun
District Alternative Gender
Facilities Access
Co/Extra-curricular Activities

...Endearing Engendering

And I thought it was bad that I had to check no on the LSD box when I went in the Army . Pfft , these kids have it worse .

Anti Globalist
07-28-2018, 04:23 PM
But some kids don't feel comfortable using the bathroom with transgenders.

CaptUSA
07-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Yeah, right. Vouchers: A GOP ploy to make private schools jump through government hoops.

Just another one of the fine screwings you can get when you indulge in blind partisanship.

I have seen first hand how vouchers ruin private schools. Horrible, horrible idea! We left our last private school and went to a new one that refuses to accept vouchers. It has made all the difference!

kpitcher
07-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Boys must wear blue and girls must wear pink so we can tell easier.

Going back a century it was the other way around
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/

Since there is no time frame ever given on when American stopped being great, perhaps #MAGA means going back to pink for boys, blue for girls?

Swordsmyth
07-28-2018, 05:23 PM

I have seen first hand how vouchers ruin private schools. Horrible, horrible idea! We left our last private school and went to a new one that refuses to accept vouchers. It has made all the difference!

I want to end government education but that is a tougher sell, in any case I wasn't advocating anything in that post I was telling zippy that under the current system the school is obligated to separate children's bathrooms and locker rooms based on genetic sex and if he doesn't like it he must change his position to be more liberty oriented, included vouchers because dedicated statist like zippy would never agree to end government involvement in schooling entirely.

Swordsmyth
07-28-2018, 05:25 PM
Could this be the reason they started the "anti-bullying" campaign several years ago?

Children used to regulate odd behavior on their own....

And..................Parents and teachers let them!

:directhit::100::trophy:

Mach
07-28-2018, 09:23 PM
U.S. District Judge Marco Hernandez

https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/hernandez.jpg